• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 243 Views, 1 Comments

Night time cutie mark - SaltWriter the leviapony



Pinkie has a idea to help tempest shadow get a cutie mark.

  • ...
 1
 243

Late night drink

Tempest cutie mark

In the quite streets of ponyville, a few lights shined in the various homes and buildings. The moon shined onto the roads, giving enough light for the cloaked mare to move through it. Her long legs let her stride quickly and silently to one particular building in the town.
The mare stopped in front of a certain bakery, candlelight barely glowing through one of the lower level windows. She approached the door and knocked on the door. After a minute, the door opened silently, allowing the mare to step inside. She hung her cloak over a stand near the door, turning to face the candle.
“Thanks for agreeing to do this so late in the day. Today was a bit busy, and I didn't want to put this off for any longer then it needed to be.” Pinkie hopped back into view of the candle, blowing it out and flicking a switch. The lights of the kitchen came on, illumimating the dining area with a soft glow.
“It's better then distracting you from any work you had.” Tempest stepped to one of the tables, pinkie giving her a quick hug and smile. She bounced back into the kitchen, bringing back with her a book and throwing it in front of her. “So, tell me the idea you had in mind.”
“Well, when you told me your name I was reminded of something from my old cook books. So I looked and looked and looked till I found what I was thinking of.” She opened up the large book, quickly flipping through the pages to a section. She then turned and slid the book to tempest, who began reading over the info.
“It was like one of those forgotten foalhood memories that suddenly hits you when you look at a picture or a object. Looking back I found exactly what it was it reminded me of. A malt shop.” Tempest squinted to the bar scene illustrated in the book. The ponies that sat at the table seemed a bit more chubby and short then what she knew, but shrugged it off, turning back to her.
“And how does that relate to finding me a cutie mark?”
“Simple. I've been working off and on a little project that'll garentee a cutie mark for you. Or at least, see if you have a specific talent that hasn't been relevant for several years in the dessert field.” She walked to a small object hidden by a cloak, pulling it out to better show it off. Tempest could tell from the outline that a umbrella was underneath, as well as the object being on wheels. With a quick motion, she unveiled the object.

It was a large chrome box, wooden wheels holding up the item. Several liquids sat on the box, metal utensils sat in a cup near them. Tempest looked over the item, finding several gas cylinders and a water heater inside it. She looked back over to pinkie, before stepping back to her seat.
“Alright, I'll bite, what is this thing, and how will it help get me a mark?” Pinkie bounced over to the cart, pointing to the various elements as she spoke.
“It's a soda cart silly. It comes complete with the three basic ice cream flavors an umbrella all the colors of the rainbow for flavoring carbonated drink dispenser with up to five different syrup types heated water pocket for cleaning and, a little horn.” she honked the small horn, giving another light smile and moving her towards the front.
“Pinkie, I appreciate the effort, but I've never worked in this line before. I don't see this being my talent.”
“Of course you don't see it. None of us know what our talents are right away, so you never know till you try. Just close your eyes and let your heart do the rest.” she nudged tempest behind it, pulling a metal cup and sliding it to tempest. When she caught it, a strange feeling came over her, like a lost memory brought up by someone or something. From this, she closed her eyes and latched onto it.
Tempests body began moving on its own, pinkie watching the hooves work. A scoop of ice cream, a squirt of color, shook and mixed with a second dollap. She deposited some soda into the cup, throwing it over her head and striking it with her magic. After a few more shakes, she dumped the contents into a cup, slipping a straw in and kicking it to pinkie, who caught it with a sly smile.
The unicorn opened her eyes, unsure of what she had just done. But looking to pinkie told her what she needed. Tempest stepped out from behind the cart, walking to the table as pinkie sipped from the cup.
“Go ahead and be honest, how bad is it?” Pinkie tapped her chin, taking another sip before placing the cup down.
“I'd say it's a little thick for a float, but overall a pretty good taste. The fizzy pop berry twist.” She chuckled at the joke, placing it down and walking over to tempests rear.
“And it looks like your flank agrees with me.” Pinkie pulled out a small hand mirror, showing Tempest her flank. Instead of the blank slate it once was, a bubbling cup with a ball of ice cream in it now present on her rear. Tempest stared into the mirror, rubbing her flank to see if the image was indeed her.
“You don't have to start up right away. I think just making drinks for sugar cube corner would be a better start then going on your own, givin your reputation.” Pinkie slid the mirror away, giving tempest another hug.

“Yeah, I think that sounds like a good plan. And thank you for getting me this.” Pinkie nodded, rolling the cart back to the kitchen area. Tempest, snatching the cup from the counter, walked out and back to her resting place, already getting new ideas for a business.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late upload. I've been working on a longer project, so I haven't been able to upload alot.

Comments ( 1 )

A decent one-shot. Not good, but not terrible. Just one thing...
...Separate your paragraphs! It makes it so much easier to read, trust me.

Login or register to comment