• Published 28th Apr 2019
  • 8,361 Views, 282 Comments

Equestria BatGirls - Wildcard25



The Rainbooms and their Ninja Allies from New York are thrown into another dimension with their enemies the Kraang and must join forces with the Dark Knight to stop them and return home.

  • ...
7
 282
 8,361

Turtle Titans part 3

Donnie, Cyborg, and Rarity were looking for Red X in an office section of the building. Donnie was looking at his scanner with Cyborg helping with his own.

"It looks like we’re nearing Red X," the Turtle said, looking at a beeping signal. Suddenly both he and Cyborg got multiple beeps, "This can’t be right. Now I’m getting two life forms!"

"Same here!" Cyborg added.

Rarity looked nervous, "Tell me this isn't-"

"A trap!" Gizmo floated in on his module, and next to him was Livewire.

"Gizmo?" Cyborg said, in surprise, "I thought you hated Red X!"

"Well, not that it’s any of your business, we owed Red X a favor," Gizmo scoffed, then pointed to Donnie, "Plus I want payback from Stick Boy for humiliating me last time! Do you have any idea how long it took me to fix this module?"

"And I owe you, Cyborg, for helpin' Supergirl defeat me in Metropolis!" Livewire said, generating her electricity.

"Well!" Rarity pulled out her sickles, "And I thought Rainbow Dash was a sore loser!"

"We get a lot of those." Cyborg noted, and got out his cannon arm.


"RAPH!" Mikey called, "Raph, where are you!"

"Uh, Mikey?" Fluttershy said, in a hushed tone, "I think you should keep your voice down. Red X might hear you."

"Yeah," Blue Beetle agreed, "The last thing we need is for Red X to know we're coming!"

"Then how else are we gonna find Raph?" Mikey asked.

"Ah, don't sweat it, Mikey. We'll find your brother." Beast Boy assured.

They were walking down a long hallway, with Pinkie Pie popping up in random places, looking through a pair of binoculars, "Super spy Pinkie Pie on the lookout for Red X and Raph!" She said, and stuff the binoculars in her hair.

"How does she defy logic like that?" Blue Beetle asked, while staring.

"No clue." Mikey replied.

"My friends and I don't even know how she does it." Fluttershy said.

Pinkie Pie appeared behind Beast Boy, "So, Beast Boy?" She asked, making him jump, "How did you get your powers anyway?"

"Uh, it's kind of a long story," Beast Boy said, "Well, you see, my folks were scientists in Africa, looking for a way to reverse evolution so they could bring back extinct animals and stuff. One day, I got bit by this green monkey and I needed a blood transplant. So this girl came in and offered some of her blood. But the thing is, she wasn't exactly human..."

"Not human?" Fluttershy raised a brow.

"If she wasn't human, then what was she?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Was she a mutant?" Mikey guessed.

"Nope. She was a martian!" Beast Boy replied, "And before you ask, yes, martians are real! Two of them are on the Justice League, and one of them's that very girl. Anyway, the blood transplant was a success and I got better. Only now I was green and I could turn into animals. And that martian girl became my blood sister. Life was great. But then this flood happened and my folks..." he trailed off as a sad look came to his face.

"Oh, no!" Fluttershy covered her mouth, "I'm sorry!"

"Well, I wasn't alone for long," Beast Boy continued, cheering up, "I joined up with these superheroes called the Doom Patrol. And then later, I joined up with the Titans. And that's my backstory."

"Wow, what a backstory!" Pinkie Pie said.

"So you're half human and half alien?" Mikey exclaimed, "Dude, April can totally relate!"

"What do you mean April can relate?" Beast Boy asked.

"Oh. Well you see, April's a- aaahhhh!" Before Mikey could finish, he fell over.

As they were all talking, something long and stretchy stuck out in front of them, and they all tripped and fell on the floor. Then they looked up to see Rock, Paper, Scissors, and Kyd Wykkyd. Paper was the one who had tripped them.

"Better watch your step there." she said, stretching her arm back.

"Yeah. Won't want you to get hurt!" Scissors agreed, attracting his claws.

"Round 2, dead meats!" Rock pounded her fist.

"Aw, sewer apples!" Mikey groaned.


Nightwing, Starfire, Leo, Twilight Sparkle, and Sunset Shimmer were still looking for Red X. After awhile, Nightwing suggested that they check in with the others to see if they had any luck.

"Cyborg, come in?" Nightwing spoke into his communicator, "Raven? Beast Boy? They're not answering."

Leo checked his T-Phone, "Donnie and Mikey aren't answering either!"

"And neither are the girls!" Sunset Shimmer said.

"You don't think Red X got to them?!" Twilight Sparkle asked.

Nightwing looked dejected, "If he has, then it's my fault!"

"Nightwing?" Starfire reached out to him.

"I created Red X, and I put everyone in danger. Again!" Nightwing turned away from the others, "If I hadn't put on that suit, none of this would have happened!"

"No, Nightwing, it is not your fault," Starfire reassured, "As I told you long ago, the mistake you made is in the past."

"We all make mistakes, Nightwing," Leo added, "Some that nearly get us killed or get others seriously hurt." He recalled the time he tried to take on the entire Triceraton fleet and when he went behind his brothers backs to help Karai and Shini take down Shredder's empire.

"And some that get us turned into magic crazed monsters and open rifts between worlds, nearly destroying them." Twilight Sparkle recalled transforming into Midnight Sparkle.

"And mistakes that where we steal magical crowns and turn into raging She-Demons," Sunset Shimmer said, recalling her own mistakes, "But from what I learned from our late sensei, we can't change what we do in the past. Only work on making tomorrow better."

"You see, Nightwing," Starfire said, "We all make the mistakes. But what is important, is that we learn from them. Like you did. As I also said to you long ago, you are no longer the one in the suit."

"And besides," said a voice. They all whipped around to see Red X, "I still think it's better on me!"

"Red X!" Nightwing pulled out his batons.

"What took you so long?" Red X asked.

"What have you done with Raph!" Leo demanded.

"Don’t worry. You’ll see him soon enough," Red X assured, "As for the rest of your friends, they’ll be taken care of by the Hive."

"The Hive!" Sunset Shimmer gasped.

"And I suppose you gave them a boost?" Twilight Sparkle guessed.

"Oh please," Red X scoffed, "It wouldn’t have been much of an improvement even if I had mutated them."

"Then you shall return the canister of mutating gel you stole from Donatello before we take it from you by the force!" Starfire declared, taking to the air and powering up her energy hands.

"Sorry, I have plans with it before I can even return it." Red X rebuffed.

"Get'em!" Leo shouted, drawing his swords.


Batgirl dodged See'more's eye beams, before she threw a batarang at him. See'more ducked to avoid the batarang and laughed.

"What was that supposed to-" Next thing he knew, he was punched in the eye by Batgirl, cracking it and knocking him out.

"A distraction," Batgirl answered, "Yes, yes it was."

Raven was using her magic attacks on the Billy copies, "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" She released a powerful blast that took out the Billy copies.

But then she and Batgirl noticed that more Billy copies piled up on April and mobbed her.

"April!" Batgirl was about to rush to her aid, when Raven stopped her.

"Wait!" She said.

No sooner had Raven said that, then the Billy copies were blasted right off April with a powerful psychic blast, sending them all flying.

"Wow!" Batgirl said, in amazement.

"Yeah... wow," Raven agreed.

After all the copies pulled back into the knocked out Billy, Raven used her magic to tie up both him and See'more with a cable.

"Nice one, April!" Batgirl commented.

"Thanks," April said, when she suddenly felt a vibe and saw visions of Leo, Sunset, Twilight, Starfire, and Nightwing fighting Red X.

"April, what's wrong?" Raven asked.

"Nightwing, Leo, and the others," April replied in a panic, "They need our help! It's Red X!"


Donnie was using his staff to deflect Gizmo's lasers shots while Cyborg used his cannon arm against Livewire and Rarity was trying to help them on both ends by using sickles to deflect any of Gizmo's missiles and fighting Livewire hand to hand, while barely avoiding her electrical blasts.

Donnie then jumped up on Gizmo's module and extended the blade in his bo-staff, "I’m gonna put you down for good!" He stabbed the bottom of the module, but the blade broken on contact leaving Donnie speechless.

Gizmo smirked, "You didn’t think I’d be bested by your stupid stick again did ya?" Then a laser gun appeared and blasted Donnie off.

"AAAAAAAAH!" Cyborg shouted, as he was shocked by Livewire and blasted into Donnie.

"What’s the mattah, Cyborg?" Livewire asked, "Not enough in yah for your annoyin' boo yah?" Then she and Gizmo each fired at them, but Rarity jumped in and blocked them off with her diamond shield.

"I don’t know how long I can keep this up!" She told Donnie and Cyborg.

Donnie looked up and saw that Livewire was standing directly under a fire sprinkler. Then he remembered what happened when she got wet, "Keep holding, Rarity!" He called, "I got an idea!"

"Which is what?" Cyborg asked.

Donnie pulled out a shuriken, "I’m about to pull a Mikey!" He threw shuriken up in the air.

Livewire looked just in time for the shuriken to hit sprinkler, "Ah, nooo!" She moaned, as water poured down on her and Gizmo, shocking the both of them and knocking them out.

"I’ll do one better than a booyah, Livewire. Booyakasha!" Cyborg called.

Donnie smiled smugly, then noticed his scanner was working again, "Guys! I found X! Uh oh!" He said.

"What now?" Rarity asked.

"So did Leo, Nightwing, and the others!"

"Then we gotta move it," Cyborg stated, "C’mon!"


While Blue Beetle fought Kyd Wykkyd, Beast Boy morphed into an Elephant and charged at Rock that resulted in both of them trying to push the other back. Rock then transformed her hand into rocks before she lifted Beast Boy and threw him.

Fluttershy leaped in and grabbed Rock's arm, attempting to flip her over. But due to the girl's mass, the shy girl didn't even make Rock move and got thrown off. Mikey was showing off his nunchucks skills and letting out noises before stopping into a pose.

"Your move." he challenged Paper.

Paper simple used her stretching powers to hit him in the face and then enlarged her had to slam him into the ground a few times, leaving him dazed. "Good move!" He groaned, then Beast Boy, shapeshifted back to normal, and Fluttershy landed on him. "Ow!"

Pinkie Pie was fighting Scissors and was trying to land a hit, only for Scissors to continuously block her. Scissors then attacked her with his claws, forcing Pinkie Pie to dodge them before cartwheeling backward.

"Ha! Didn't touch me," she boasted, until a piece of her hair fell off as if it was cleanly cut, making the poofy haired girl's eyes widen.

"You were saying?" Scissors asked, before kicking Pinkie Pie into the group.

"This is not looking good." Beast Boy said, in worry.

"You know, Red X didn't bother taking care of you cause he thinks you're jokes," Rock remarked, "Guess he was right."

"And let me guess: He wanted Nightwing to himself?" Beast Boy asked.

"Yeah," Paper answered, "Don't ask us why, though. It looks like he's got a personal thing against pretty boy."

"Too bad you won't be there to see the end of it!" Scissors said, with an evil smirk.

"That's what you think!" Mikey threw a smoke bomb that blinded them long enough for Beast Boy to turn into a T-rex and take them out with a swing of his tail before roaring in victory, Jurassic Park style.

"Nice reference." Pinkie Pie commented.

Beast Boy turned back to normal, "Thanks."

Suddenly, Kyd Wykkyd teleported behind Pinkie Pie and swung his sharp cape at her. Pinkie screamed and ducked, "Someone should put a bell on you," she said, as she avoided his cape swings. Until Kyd was blasted onto Rock, Paper, and Scissors by Blue Beetle's sonic blast "Thanks, Blue!" Pinkie Pie said.

"No problema," Blue Beetle replied, "Now let's go!"

As they hurried off, Mikey looked at the beaten villains and smirked, "How's that for jokes?" He said, before running to catch up with the others.


Robin swung his staff at Shimmer, who dodged before she grabbed hold and melts it into three pieces, "That was my favorite staff!" Robin griped, tossing the pieces aside, "And my only one."

The two rushed at each other and Robin leapfrogged over her and turned around just in time for Shimmer to roundhouse kick him off his feet.

"Was your staff," she corrected, "But if you prefer to fight hand-to-hand, I can accommodate!"

Rainbow Dash was zipping around Mammoth and striking him all over, before she rushed to his front and started speed punching his gut. But Mammoth didn't feel a thing and swatted her aside.

Casey charged at Mammoth, "Goongala!" He tried to hit Mammoth, only for the goliath to grab his stick with one hand, punch him with the other, and then throw him off making him smash down on some crates, "Ow..., any relation to Bane?" Casey asked, in pain.

"No, but fought him once. And won!" Mammoth answered, before he was body-checked by Applejack.

"So did I!" She said.

"Actually," Robin stated, as he dodged and avoided Shimmer's touch, "According to Batman, you only fought him to a draw and Batman took him out with a tranquilizer, so technically, you didn't win."

Applejack frowned, "Details," she grumbled, before calling out, "Hey, Mammoth! Shouldn’t you be extinct? I can smell ya from here!"

Mammoth growled, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"Y'all heard me!" Applejack said, "You stink worse than barrel of rotten apples-aah!" She was cut off when Mammoth socked her into a pillar. She looked up just in time to see him charge and pound her with his fists over and over again, harder with each strike. Until he reeled back his one fist and slammed Applejack so hard it made a big crack behind the pillar.

"APPLEJACK!" Robin, Casey, and Rainbow Dash all hollered.

Mammoth smirked as the battered and bruised cowgirl fell flat on the ground, "That... all ya got?" She groaned, in pain.

Mammoth grabbed her by the head, "This’ll really leave you speechless!"

Robin, seeing Applejack's predicament, lured Shimmer near Mammoth and moves, causing her to touch Mammoth with her glowing hand. Mammoth hollowed in pain, causing him to drop Applejack. A.J then grabbed her geode and punched Mammoth off his feet and into a wall, knocking him out.

Shimmer glared, "Why you-" before she could attack her, she was shocked from behind by Casey. Then she was wrapped up by Robin's batbola, mummy style. Applejack grabbed her and held her up to Robin.

"Okay, Shimmer, now you could use your powers on that rope. But you'd end up burning yourself, like you did to Mammoth," Robin motioned to the burn mark on the big thug's back, "So why don't you tell us where the turtle in the red mask is and what Red X is planing to do with the mutagen?"

"I'm not saying anything!" Shimmer refused, the Robin nodded at Casey and he got out his taser, "Alright-alright! Don't shock me again! Jeez! I don't know what his stupid plan is? Or what he did with Mr. Anger Management? All I know is that his plan involves that mutagen stuff he stole and some kind of missile."

"Missile..." Robin said.


Red X flipped to avoid Starfire's energy blasts and threw an X that pinned her to a wall. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer tried attacking him but he dodged their attacks. When he parried to avoid Twilight's spear, he grabbed the weapon and flipped the smart girl before knocking her in the face with the stick end of her weapon. The he used it to block Sunset's attacks before he spun around her and elbowed her in the neck, knocking her to the floor. He tossed Twilight's weapon aside before he turned and electrocuted Leo and kicking him aside when the turtle attempted to attack him from behind.

All that was left was Nightwing who pulled out his batons while X had the x's on the top of his hands enlarge and harden. The two stared intensely at each other before rushing in and started fighting. Each of their attacks was countered by the other and when one did manage to land a blow, the other would as well. They continued as such until they reached a clash with neither side able to overpower the other.

"What's your endgame, Red X?" Nightwing asked, as they struggled, "And why are you teaming up with the Kraang?"

"Let's just say it's for something I've waited a long time for," Red X replied, and backed Nightwing up with a kick to the gut.

"And what would that be since you're willing to destroy the world for it?" Nightwing pressed.

"You're the detective, you figure it out."

Just then, there was a loud rumble, then suddenly, Beast Boy in T-Rex form burst in followed by the others, minus Robin, Casey, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash.

"Miss us?" Cyborg asked, raising his cannon arm.

Red X didn't look worried, "Come on, kids," he beckoned, "X marks the spot."

Cyborg tried blasting him, but the thief leaped and flipped away. He landed off to the side where April tried hitting him with her psychic waves and Red X jumped up and fired two bolts of energy from his gloves in two different directions, which bounced off two support beams and right into April, frying her.

Raven went at him, channeling her magic, "Azarath... Mentrion..." before she could finish, Red X shot two x's, one gagged her mouth and the other shocked her.

"Fell for that again, did yah?" Red X quipped, then he was suddenly lifted off the ground.

"I won't!" April stated.

"All evidence to the contrary," Red X retorted, and threw five x's at her. April quickly halted them but they exploded, distorting her and causing her to drop Red X, who then spin-kicked her in the head, knocking off to the side.

Donnie tried hitting him with his staff, but Red X grabbed it and jabbed him the face multiple times before pulling it out of his hands and whacking him off his feet.

Batgirl attacked Red X and fought him hand-to-hand, until the thief sweep kicked her out from under her feet and slammed her on the ground.

Red X tossed the staff away, but then found himself surrounded by Beast Boy and Fluttershy. The shy girl shot a barrage of darts at him, but he dodged every one and teleported away to reveal she had accidentally pinned Beast Boy to a wall in an awkward position.

"Fluttershy!" he said, in irritation.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Fluttershy covered her mouth.

"I'm not," Red X reappeared behind her and elbowed her down. Beast Boy morphed into a bear and charged at him, but the thief threw another X that released a cloud of gas. Beast Boy coughed before he dropped to the floor and fell asleep, "New toy: Sleeping gas X," Red X explained.

"Sneak Attack!" Mikey leaped at him from behind, only for Red X to back fist him in the face.

"First rule of sneak attack," Red X said, "Don't shout 'Sneak Attack'." Nightwing tackled him from the side and they rolled around before Red X tossed him off. And when Nightwing got up and ran at him, the thief threw two X's that bound his arms and legs.

Rarity swung her sickles at him but he blocked and deflected her swings before using one of his folding X's to rip her tutu. She gasped in horror, right before Red X side-whacked in the face, knocking her over.

"Vanity will get you nowhere." he said.

Blue Beetle shot two of his giant staples at Red X, but he grabbed them and swung them back at the surprised hero, pinning him to a wall.

Then Pinkie Pie landed in front of the thief, "What are you going to do?" He asked, "Bombard me with cupcakes?"

"Noooo!" Pinkie answered, "First you get THIS!" She whipped out a small pink Party Cannon and shot a barrage of confetti in Red X's face.

Red X brushed of the confetti, "You're gonna need to do a lot better than that."

"I plan too!" Pinkie Pie stated, and suddenly started dancing.

Red X scoffed, "Easy out." But when he tried to land a punch or kick, Pinkie Pie kept dodging and out maneuvering him with her dance moves and striking him in random spots. Until finally, Pinkie Pie bombarded him with her sprinkles, distorting him. Then, while he trying to shake off the dizziness, she somersaulted in the air and nailed Red X with a drop kick.

Red X got up and spoke, "Well played. But you forgot one of the first rules about fighting an enemy."

"And that is?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Be aware of what he does." Red X answered, and pressed a button on his belt.

Pinkie Pie turned around and saw a small gadget on her back. The device beeped and exploded, covered the poofy haired girl in red goo. "Not again!" She moaned.

Before Red X could escape, he was beaned in the head by a hockey puck. He turned to see Casey, Robin, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack had arrived.

"Goongala!" Casey shouted, and skated at Red X, getting his taser out. But when he tried to hit him, the thief dodged, grabbed his hand and jabbed him in the chest, shocking him with his own taser before kicking him aside.

Applejack jumped over Casey and charged at the thief, "I've had just about enough of you, Red X!" She shouted.

"As have I!" Rarity charged from the other side of him.

Red X leaped into the air, throwing one of his stretchy sticky X's. One end stuck to Applejack and the other stuck to Rarity. They were swiftly pulled into each other and ended up smacking lips!

They froze, then stared into each other's wide eyes, and blushed.

Red X landed before them, "Aww, you two are perfect for each other," he said, and pushed the two down with his finger. Then he turned on his heels and took off.

Robin freed Nightwing, "We have to stop him!"

"Why?" Sunset Shimmer asked, getting up.

Rainbow Dash sped right past her, "No time!"

"Rainbow Dash, wait!" Nightwing called, but she was already gone.

"Yeah, she's not good at listening," Twilight Sparkle said.

"When it's not her, it's Raph," Mikey stated, "And when it's not Raph, it's Casey."

After waking up Beast Boy and freeing the others, the ninjas and Titans ran after them and arrived at the top of the building to find Red X standing with Rainbow Dash's spear and the said Rainboom bound up at his feet.

"Fast? Yes," he said, "Smart? Not by a long shot!" He rolled her over to them and dumped her spear next to her.

Rainbow Dash glared up at Nightwing, "You think you gave this guy enough gadgets?!"

"That's what I said." Beast Boy noted.

"We're gonna ask you again, Red X," Leo stated, "Where's Raph?!"

"And what are you planning to do with the mutagen?" Donnie added.

"I know what he's planning," Robin interjected, "And Raph's a part of-" before he could finish his sentence, Red X launched an X that gagged him.

"Uh-uh-uh, no spoilers," Red X waved a finger, "But don't worry, you'll find out soon enough. Like right now..." he pushed a button and two big doors slid out to reveal a missile. And strapped to it was a gagged Raph.

"Raph!" The Turtles and Rainbooms exclaimed.

"That rocket is loaded with a special surprise and set to explode over Jump City," Red X explained, "When it does, it'll rain down all over the place and blow up that hot tempered meathead in the process."

"That's not gonna happen!" Sunset Shimmer stated, firmly.

"We'll stop that missile and save Raph!" Twilight Sparkle declared.

After Nightwing freed her, Rainbow Dash stood confident, "Cause we're awesome!"

"Just the kind of think I'd expect from a bunch of naive little girls!" Red X scoffed.

"Excuse me!" Applejack asked, insulted.

"How dare you call us naive!" Rarity huffed.

"I just call 'em like I see'em. It's written all over you're faces. Especially on the girl with the glasses," he pointed to Twilight, who growled, "And on you Turtles too. You all think that because of what you've accomplished and what you can do, you can walk into any fight you see and walk out every time with a win. But here's a little thing called reality check: you are wrong."

"He's got a good point," Cyborg admitted.

"Who's side are you on?!" Twilight Sparkle snapped.

Red X continued, "And the fact you haven't caught on that you all walked into another trap doesn't help in proving otherwise."

"What trap?!" Beast Boy asked, and suddenly Kraang droids stormed in and surround them, "Oh... Never mind.

"Ah, man," Mikey moaned, "He is working with the Kraang too!"

Rainbow Dash grinned, "Seriously? You think you got the drop on us?! We fight the Kraang all the time! We can handle a few droids."

"Can you handle this?" Red X asked, and multiple Biotroids dropped down.

"Okay, I take it back!" Rainbow Dash said, "You got the drop on us!"

"You're gonna have a hard time stopping the missile and saving the turtle with these guys around," Red X said, "Good luck, kids. You're gonna need it." He teleported away and missile took off.

A droid spoke, "Kraang, open, that which is known as, fire on the ones known as the Turtles and the Rainbooms and the ones known as the Titans!" The droids opened fire.

"Take cover!" Nightwing shouted, and Raven quickly conjured a magical dome over the heroes, shielding them from the blasts.

"I'm really beginning to hate that Red X guy!" Donnie gripped

"Welcome to my life." Nightwing stated.

"We have to stop that rocket before it explodes and the mutagen rains in the city." April said.

"Not the mention Raph's body parts." Casey added.

"We'll have to split up," Nightwing stated, "Cyborg, take Starfire and Donnie, and stop that missile. The rest of us can take down the Kraang."

"On it!" Cyborg said, "Rav, can you give us an opening?"

"Coming right up!" She said, and chanted, "Azarath... Metrion... Zinthos!" The dome expanded into a shockewave that cleared the Kraang droids for Starfire to fly off, carrying Donnie and Cyborg.

Then the ninjas and Titans went into battle against the Kraang. Nightwing used his batons to knock away droid after droid. Raven used her magic. Beast Boy turned into a T-Rex then whacked and chomped the Biotroids. Blue Beetle used his suits abilities to take out some droids. Batgirl used her batarangs and acrobatics against them. Robin used a spare staff. Casey used his hockey stick and pucks. April used her psychic attacks. Leo and Mikey used their weapons and ninjitsu, and the girls used their powers to defeat all the droids.

Up in the air, Starfire had caught up with the missile and dropped Cyborg and Donnie onto it.

Raph made muffled growls at them, but they ignored him. Donnie pried open a hatch and he and Cyborg got to work disarming it.

Starfire tried to pull Raph loose, but to no avail. Then she had an idea, "Raphael, I would asked that you remain very still, thank you," Before Raph knew what was happening, Starfire used her eye beams to cut the binding. Raph's eyes widened but he stayed still until he was cut free, "I have freed Raphael," Starfire picked up the turtle, "How are you two the coming along with the missile?"

"Almost..." Cyborg said.

"Just a few more..." Donnie added, "And done!"

With the missile disarmed, it began to fall. Donnie and Cyborg quickly grabbed hold of Starfire as she flew them and Raph to safety. The missile crashed and slid across a beach, skidding to a stop. Starfire and the three touched down next to it and soon the others arrived after making short work of the Kraang.

"Raph!" Mikey exclaimed, hugging his brother, "You're okay!"

Raph grunted and pointed to the gag around his mouth.

"Oh, hang in there," Pinkie Pie said, and ripped the gag right off.

"Yeow!" Raph howled, "That hurt! You could've been more-" Sunset stuck the gag back on.

"Not in the mood, Raph." she shook her head.

"Aw, yeah!" Rainbow Dash pumped a fist, "We defeated the Kraang droids and saved the city."

"And Red X called us naive." Twilight Sparkle chimed in.

"I'd sure like to see him right now to rub it in his face." Applejack said.

"Rub what in my face?" Said Red X's voice, then a screen of him appeared on the missile.

"Red X." Nightwing frowned.

"Nice to see you made it," Red X said, "Keeps the game going a little more."

Raph pulled the gag off and shouted, "When I get my hands on you, I'm gonna knock those X's straight off of you!"

"I'd be more terrified if it didn't came from a muscle headed ninja I managed to sneak up on and easily take out." Red X retorted, making Raph growl in anger.

"It's over Red X," Twilight Sparkle stated, "Not only did we beat your trap, but we also saved Raph and got the mutagen back."

"Did you?" Red X asked.

"What do you mean?" Applejack said, in confusion.

"Guys, the mutagen is not here!" Donnie cried.

"What?!" Everyone gasped.

"You didn't expect me to give you a chance at getting the mutagen back, did you?" Red X said.

"You said the mutagen was inside." Rarity pointed out.

"I said the was a "surprise" inside the missile," Red X corrected, "I never said it was the mutagen."

"What is inside the missile?" Beast Boy asked.

Donnie pulled out a canister of something green and giggly, "Dessert gelatin." he said, dryly.

"Took an old trick from Riddler," Red X explained, "He was fine with me using it as long as I said it was his."

"You lying meanie!" Fluttershy scolded.

"Meh, I've been called worst. Like I said: you girls and those turtles are all naive. You think you're the ones who are ahead of me, but I'm the one who's ahead of you. Be seeing you-" before he could say anymore, the screen was destroyed by a very angry Raph's sai.

"Feeling better?" Cyborg asked the turtle dryly.

"This is your fault, Nightwing!" Raph snapped at Dick, "The whole reason this happened is because you made that suit in the first place!"

Nightwing frowned, "You're right. It is my fault. And I'll live with it for the rest of my life if I have to. But at least I'm trying fix it instead of acting like a hotheaded hard case who's about to throw a tantrum every five seconds and complains about something he just can't get over!"

"Oh snap." Mikey said.

"Big time." added Casey.

"Raph, can I talk with you for a minute?" Leo said, and lead his brother of to the side, "I know you're not happy about Batman tricking us. And I know you're not happy about going after Red X instead of looking for a way back home."

"What? Now you're going to make me look like the bad guy again?" Raph interrupted.

"I don't want to make you look like the bad guy, Raph," Leo retorted, "But you're not helping your case here. Constantly complaining and criticizing about everything happening. It's like you want them to leave and for us to take care of our own problem without help."

"We don't need them," Raph stated, "We take care of the Kraang just fine without them."

"Under normal circumstances, yes. But this isn't a normal circumstance," Leo noted, "We're in another world; things are different here."

"So was space." Raph brought up.

"Because we had Fugitoid's help," Leo corrected, "If it wasn't for him, we'd have been blown into space dust on the first day."

"Okay, you got a point there," Raph admitted, "But the fact remains that Batman used us for his own sake."

"And how is that any different from you lying to Zog before the Triceraton invasion?" Leo reminded him.

Raph grumbled, "Okay, fine! You want me to put up with it? I will. But I won't like it!" He stormed off back toward the others.

Leo face palmed, "That could've gone better."

Applejack threw her hat on the ground, "I can't believe that Red X done hornswaggled us!" She gripped.

"Not to mention, made all of us look totally stupid!" Beast Boy frowned.

"I’ve never been so humiliated all my life!" Rarity huffed.

"What about when the Shadowbolts stole your video idea for that contest?" Rainbow Dash reminded her.

"Oh, yeah that."

Starfire sighed, "Every time we face the Red X, he makes us look like the amatuers."

"Even Slade was never that humiliating." Cyborg complained.

"Reminds me when I fought Hun." Casey crossed his arms.

"Man! You guys told me Red X was good," Blue Beetle said, "But Ay caramba, that guy's Batman-level good! And that's really saying something."

"And what's worse, he still has the mutagen!" Donnie panicked, "And he could be anywhere. We'll never find him!"

"Never say never, Donnie." Nightwing said, and showed them a blinking light on his communicator.

"Is that what I think it is?" Batgirl guessed.

"I placed a tracker on him during our fight," Nightwing stated, "No way I'm losing him again."

"Classic Nightwing!" Robin commented.

"Ah, yeah, booyah!" Cyborg cheered.

"Well, now that we know where he is, let's go kick his butt for making fools out of us!" Raph pounded his fist.

"And that's exactly what he'll be counting on," Nightwing said, "If we're gonna get the mutagen back, we gotta play by his game. And here's how we're gonna do it..."


At the warehouse, a storm had started, as Red X walked in and placed the mutagen on the table, "Those kids were too easy." he said.

"Not that easy!" Called Leo's voice.

Red X turned around to see Nightwing and Leo standing behind him. He then looked around to all the other ninjas and Titans surrounding him. Wondering how they found him, he reached behind his neck and took off the tracker.

"Clever," he admitted. Mikey leaped at him only for Red X to grab and throw him back on the floor, "Just what was that?" He asked.

"The old, leap and grab, fool!" Mikey held up his belt.

Red X looked down at his waist, seeing his belt wasn't there, then he turned around and was punched into the table by an angry Raph, breaking it in half and causing the mutagen canister to land in his lap.

"That was for nabbing me!" Raph said.

"Alright, you guys caught me off guard, I'll give you that," Red X admitted, before holding up the canister, "But I still got the mutagen."

"Uh, you mean this mutagen?" Donnie held out another canister.

Confused, Red X took a closer look at the canister he was holding and realized it was the gelatin he fooled them with.

"I switched the canisters while you were distracted." Donnie explained.

"And us "naive little girls" set up this whole plan!" Twilight Sparkle grinned, smugly.

"Well played, kids..." Red X said, tossing the gelatin aside, "You got the mutagen back and outsmarted me," He flipped over the group behind him, "Guess there's no reason for me to stick around." He was about to run out an open door, when Raven slammed it shut with her magic.

"Funny, I think there is!" Nightwing contradicted.

"What? You gonna take me to jail?" Red X asked.

"I never said that, you're gonna do something else," Nightwing stated, "You're gonna answer the question I've asked since the first time we met: Who are you?"

"Why don't you try taking off the mask?" Red X tempted them.

"We're not falling for that again," Nightwing retorted, "You take the mask off!"

"Are you sure you want me to do that, kid?" Red X asked, ominously.

"Take, the mask off! Now!"

"Alright," Red X said, "But don't be too surprised. After all..." Slowly, he pulled off the mask and what they saw left Nightwing, Batgirl, and Robin in complete shock, "Masks do run in the family..."

"No!" Batgirl exclaimed.

"It can't be!" Robin denied.

Nightwing was most shocked of all, "Jason?!"

Lightning flashed as the Turtles and Rainbooms saw that Red X was another young man, a little younger than Nightwing. He had jet black hair with two white curled bangs and a red mask around his eyes. But for Nightwing and Batgirl, they briefly saw the young man in a Robin suit.

"Yes... it's me." Jason Todd answered.

"I KNEW IT!" Beast Boy shouted, "I KNEW YOU HAD TO BE JASON TODD!"

"OH NO! NOT JASON TODD!" Pinkie Pie cried, "Uh, who's Jason Todd?"

"The second Robin..." Robin answered, still stunned.

Author's Note:

Trivia

  • Beast Boy's origin is mixed with his original comic and Young Justice version.