• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 3,172 Views, 32 Comments

Untitled BigDerp Story - CreativeChaosStudios



Ditzy Doo finds herself attracted to a certain Southern gentleman.

  • ...
10
 32
 3,172

Chapter 1

Waking up at the crack of dawn, Ditzy Doo found herself dragging her feet to the bathroom. Her blonde hair was messy from tossing and turning in the night as she moved over to the shower. A nice warm shower was all she needed to start off her day. Returning to the mirror as she waited for it to warm up, her looked at her eyes, like she did every morning, and sighed in some sadness. Since birth, she had a condition called strabismus, which caused her eyes to be unable to focus together on an object. It gave her a questionable appearance, one that she and her young daughter, Dinky, were ridiculed for. In Dinky's cases, the little girl was bullied by classmates, and Ditzy hated knowing she was the cause of it. "Come on, girl. You've gotten through twenty-three years...That's something, right?"

Ditzy smiled to herself in the mirror and removed her clothing; a pair of pajama pants and a tanktop, before stepping into the welcoming warmth. She wet her long, blonde hair and sighed in relief as she let it wash over her tanned skin and curves. After standing underneath the water for what felt like an eternity, Ditzy decided to get on with her day and washed her hair and body before getting out. Wrapping a towel around her figure, she grabbed a comb and ran it through her locks as she went to wake up her pride and joy, the little Dinky Doo.

The young girl, no more than six years old, looked exactly like her mother. Smiling as she watched her daughter lay there peacefully, Ditzy ran a hand over her hair. She decided to give her five more minutes and left the room to get dressed for work. Drying herself off with the towel, Ditzy put on a pair of white cotton panties and a white sports bra before slipping on her postal worker uniform. It was well kept, cleaned and pressed by Ditzy personally, and it actually looks fitting on her. The blonde woman smiled some and went back to her daughter's room to wake her up from her peaceful state, something she hated doing. Kneeling down beside her bed, Ditzy smiled. "Dinky...Oh, Dinkyyy..." She whispered gently. "Time to wake up, Muffin..."

Dinky made a small noise as her eyes fluttered open, focusing to the morning light and she smiled when she saw her mommy in front of her. "Hi, Mommy..."

It was cute, Dinky tired, and Ditzy reached over to stroke her cheek. "Hi, Muffin."

Being a good girl, Dinky sat up and rubbed her eyes before yawning again. Slowly, she climbed out of her bed and stood before the much taller woman. "Can I have pancakes for breakfast...?"

Ditzy smiled and lifted her daughter up in her arms before walking out of the room and into their kitchen. "Of course you can, Muffin. Mommy will make you some pancakes, then Auntie Carrot will take you to school."

Hearing 'school', the early morning happiness of Dinky disappeared. "Ok..."

Ditzy frowned, knowing how hard it was for Dinky everyday, and moved over to her. Cupping her cheeks gently, Ditzy looked into her daughter's eyes as best she could and smiled. "I know it's hard, Dinky...but it's only for a little while, like always..."

Dinky nodded sadly, showing her she understood, but it didn't take away from the teasing and name-calling. Ditzy, biting her lip some, stood straight and went back to making her daughter her breakfast. After a few moments, they were joined by Carrot Top, Ditzy's oldest and most trusted friend, as well as Sparkler, which was a surprise. Ditzy smiled as the orange-haired woman walked over to Dinky and kissed her head, earning a bright smile from the young girl. "Hiya, Auntie Carrot! Hiya, Auntie Sparkler!"

"Hello, little Dinky." Sparkler replied with a bright smile, combing some of her magenta hair behind an ear. "How are you this morning?"

Carrot smiled at Dinky and left her to talk to Sparkler before coming closer to Ditzy. "Hey, Ditz. Everything alright this morning?"

It was the usual question between them, seeing there really nothing else to talk about since they spent so much time together. "Yeah, Dinky got up with no problem. Making her breakfast before I hit the road. I can't tell you how much of a help you've been Carrot, and I'm sorry for having you wake up so early every morning..."

"Don't worry about it, Ditzy." Carrot replied with a bright smile. "I've been your friend for years, through the good and bad, remember? The least I can do is help you in the morning with this little bundle of joy."

Dinky smiled widely at Carrot before yawning, still kinda tired. Sparkler ruffled the little girl's hair gently before walking over to Ditzy. "Ditto."

Ditzy smiled brightly and hugged her friends tightly before finishing up the pancakes for Dinky. "You two are great, you know that? I wouldn't trade you for the world."

Looking around the counter and then going to her room, Ditzy grabbed her keys and purse. Then she double-checked everything out of habit. Coming back out into the kitchen, she kissed Dinky's head and hugged Carrot and Sparkler once more. "I appreciate everything, both of you."

Looking to her daughter once more, she blew her a small kiss. "See you after school, Muffin."

"Bye, Mommy!" Dinky waved as she happily ate her breakfast with her two favorite aunts.

Everything went off without a hitch after Ditzy arrived at the Ponyville Post Office. Grabbing the bags of mail she had to deliver, she climbed into her mail truck and began down Main Street. The mail was organized, thank Celestia, so Ditzy had a relatively quick day in terms of her route. Normally she would have to sort and organize it before delivery, which took up a good portion of time. Mail got to where it needed to go, packages were delivered to Sugarcube Corner and the Carousel Boutique among other places, and she even had the joy of delivering a package to the Ponyville Schoolyard and seeing her daughter for a few minutes. Dinky was having a relatively good day as well, having made friends with Sweetie Belle, the younger sister of the most beautiful woman in town, Rarity. This made Dinky friends with Scootaloo and Applebloom by default(more or less), and Ditzy couldn't be more thrilled for her daughter.

Returning to her route, she had one last package to deliver, and the address took her to Sweet Apple Acres. Arriving at the farm after a good twenty minute drive to the edge of town, she carried the package up to the front door of the rustic home and knocked. Smile still lingering from seeing Dinky, Ditzy's eyes tried to focus on the door, and she managed without looking too goofy. She heard footsteps coming towards the door, heavy ones, and put on her professional face as it opened. Standing before her was a tall man with long, blonde hair. He was...handsome.

Ditzy was at a loss, her eyes returning to their original state, and she presented him with the box. "Package for the Apple family. Mister Apple?"

"Eeyup." Taking the package, Big Macintosh smiled and secured it under his arm. "Thank ya, Miss. Do Ah need to sign anythin'?"

Ditzy blinked, her heart racing after he spoke in that beautiful Southern accent, and she snapped back to reality. "Oh...Oh! Yes, I do. You do, I mean..."

Fumbling around her bag as Big Mac stood there, still smiling, Ditzy couldn't help but steal a quick glance. His flannel shirt rested unbuttoned over a clean white A-shirt, and she noticed the muscles underneath and along his arms, a pair of works jeans completing the outfit that gave him a Southern charm. Ditzy found the clipboard and scanned it for an open space. She marked it with an 'X' and handed it to him. "Here you go, Mister Apple."

"Please, call me Big Mac." He replied casually, his half-lidded emerald eyes looking at the paper as he signed it. Handing it back to her, the farmer smiled. "Ya all have a mighty fine day, Miss."

"You too, Mister App- Mac." She replied, blushing heavily and giving him a small smile before walking back to the truck. Getting into the truck, she looked back to the house and farm and chewed her lip. "Celestia, he was handsome..." And with that, she drove back to the Post Office to complete her shift. Before she could leave, she received some work from her boss, Stamp, an elderly gentleman who had been running the Post Office for nearly thirty years. It was simple paperwork and Ditzy went through it in about an hour or so without any problems. Could always be worst, she reminded herself. Finishing, she clocked out, said goodbye to her boss and coworkers, and went home to see her daughter for dinner.

When Ditzy returned home, she found only Carrot waiting for her. The young woman was relaxing on the couch, magazine in hand, and smiled when Ditzy walked inside. Setting the magazine down, Carrot got up and straightened out her dress, the colors matching her orange hair. "Hey, Ditz. Dinky's with her friends right now. Applejack took them to Sweet Apple Acres."

"Oh, really?" Ditzy asked, obviously surprised and excited for her daughter. "That's wonderful news."

Carrot smiled and moved into the kitchen of the apartment. "Seeing Dinky won't be needing pickup for a few hours, would you like to go out and get some dinner? My treat.”

"That, actually, sounds lovely, Carrot." Ditzy replied with a bright smile, disappearing into her room to change out of her work clothes and into something more comfortable. She returned a few minutes later in a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. There was a bubble design along the side of her jeans. "So, where to, Carrot?"

"We could try that new place on Westtrot Street." Carrot suggested as she gathered her things. Ditzy nodded in agreement. She knew where it was, having driven past it on her route, and actually thought about trying it when she could, whenever she had the extra bits. Thinking of where Dinky was, her mind drifted to the Apple farm as they walked out to Carrot's car, ending up on Macintosh Apple. With Big Mac's smile in her mind, she set off with Carrot towards dinner, ending the rather perfect day.