• Published 27th Apr 2019
  • 15,208 Views, 5,860 Comments

The Equestrian Odyssey - A Tale of Two Worlds - Kamahido



Twilight accidently brings a human from Earth to Equestria. Will he be able to coexist with the equine inhabitants of this new land?

  • ...
74
 5,860
 15,208

PreviousChapters Next
Preface - Volume 17 - Dangers and Divas

In our previous volume, Arc cared for a heavily depressed Ember after she witnessed the death of her mother, Cinder. Refusing to eat or drink, she even asked Arc to help her end her life. Fortunately Arc and Cherry were able to talk their friend through her depression. She and Arc then went to the Dragon Lord’s cave where Ember consoled her equally depressed father.

The next morning the Dragon Lord summoned them, announced that Equestria would be spared and even made Arc an honorary dragon. Twilight was allowed to keep the Dragon Berry bushes and use them for whatever purpose Arc deemed fit. Upon returning to Ponyville, Arc took Ember to a therapy session with Emerald Dream before returning to Light’s Hope. Raven gave his a missive from Canterlot which requested him to come to Princess Luna’s room that night under the cover of darkness.

Doing as Luna asked, he quietly made his way to the royal bedchambers. Luna informed Arc of her suspicions that Cadance was being blackmailed. The pair hatched a plot where Arc would stealthily follow Cadance should she leave her room the following night.

The next day Arc brought his heavily damaged armor to the Hammers for repairs after the southern temple battle. That night he hid in Cadance’s room and followed the princess outside and into Canterlot. Entering an abandoned house he watched as she made discourse with a robed figure. Decloaking, Arc confronted the pair. He found that the robed figure was Captain of the Royal Guard Shining Armor, who had fallen in love with the princess after a night at a Hoofball game. Arc convinced them to return to the castle and speak to Luna about the matter.

They returned to Luna’s chambers and plead their case to her. Luna originally forbade the lovers from continuing their relationship. However Arc was able to convince her to defer the matter to Celestia upon her return. The next morning Arc returned to the Hammer’s shop to pick up his repaired armor. Platinum Valve showed him her latest creation, a synthetic leg for a filly she had met in Dodge Junction some time ago. Explaining the workings of the leg, the filly and her guardian, Stellar Eclipse, entered the shop. She was able to use the leg to shakily walk to her guardian. He was overjoyed that she was able to walk normally again, and offered to work for the Hammers in return for the leg. Arc received a call regarding trouble on Earth, and had to depart. Before leaving the filly gave him a smile and introduced herself as Cozy Glow.

Returning to his house on Earth, Arc’s squad reported Shelly’s Kitchen as being closed. He quickly makes his way there with Max and Viktor. They break in and head up to the apartment. Not finding anyone, Sereb informs Arc that two strange individuals had been there recently. Fearing a kidnapping, Arc received a call on his earring. He learned that Lily had called his house looking for him. She informed them that Shelly had been taken away in an ambulance when she had trouble breathing. Arc and his friends went to the hospital to support the pair. Upon being released, Arc and company drive the girls home. He stays with Shelly as the others take Lily to the pharmacy for medicine. Arc gives Shelly a massage to soothe her spasming muscles.

After the massage Shelly tells Arc how Frank was a regular at the restaurant up until recently. He dials Frank’s number for Shelly, but she is told Frank is no longer in charge. Lily and Arc’s friends return with medicine. A knock at the apartment door leads to a meeting with the Shard members Snake, Jackal, and Wolf. They confess that they’re in need of held finding their boss who has indeed vanished. Arc listens to their story and promises to look into it.

Returning home, Arc receives a transmission from Sunburst informing him of Twilight’s need to speak to him. She informs him that Rose’s sensors have been upgraded, and she wishes to join them on Earth as soon as possible. Agreeing, Arc heads outside to meet her. Returning to the basement, Rose helps them analyze the Shards recent antics. Deciding to infiltrate the Shard Base yet again, Arc reveals a cache of Magic Cloaks he requisitioned for his squad. He and Arc head out to shop for a few items for that night’s infiltration mission. That night they eat a late supper together. Cybil comes downstairs to go to work. They talk about her progress overcoming her addiction before dropping her off at work.

Arc and company continue on toward the Shard Base. Arriving, they park on the side of the road and walk up a nearby hill. He gives Xenos and Hugh each a magic cloak. They vanish and carry a box to the southwest part of the base. When they are in position they radio to Arc. He, Ember, Rose, and Sereb cloak and enter the compound themselves. Blinking inside the building via the loading docks they look around. They find wood, hard hats, gloves, hammers, shovels and other work tools in the general area. Arc leads them to Frank’s room. Blinking inside they find a laptop, a shoe box filled with pictures, and a journal. Leaving the room, Sereb sniffs out Stingray’s room. Entering they find a small, cylindrical object behind a piece of furniture. Returning to the corridor Arc asks Rose to scan for anything volatile. She detects a shed filled with unknown explosives. As they quietly walk into a large room the doors slam shut. They decloak as a woman with a staff approaches them with a large number of mean looking gang members. Raising her staff, she is able to negate Arc and Ember’s magical capabilities. Arc calls out to Max and orders him to ‘light it up’. A few moments later, a large explosion rocks the grounds as Mio loses her concentration. Arc and the others run away and Blink outside to meet up with the others.

Returning to Arc’s house, they get a good night sleep. As Arc and Ember prepare breakfast she voices a desire to stay on Earth as a human permanently. Arc is able to talk her out of it, and convince her to accept her responsibilities as the future Dragon Lord. After eating they head downstairs to examine the items found last night. As they come to the shoe box Max suddenly grabs it and fervently requests that Arc destroy it at once. Arc refuses and opens the box to remove a picture. He sets it out for all to see.

The photo is one of a younger Arc standing with Frank Fontaine as they wear matching outfits. He confesses that not only was he a founding member of the Shards, but he was Frank’s original second-in-command. Max angrily storms out of the basement and leaves the house in a huff. Arc leave with Rose to take a drive in the country. The inadvertently stumble across the original Shard hideout in an abandoned house outside of town. Meanwhile, Ember and Sereb go after Max. He angrily informs them that Arc should have kept his past a secret. They remind him of Arc’s change from a delinquent to an upstanding member of society. As everyone returns home, Max apologizes and pledges his continued support to Arc. The rest of the group agrees.

Finding information in the laptop, they discover another load of explosives set to be delivered to the Shard Base. Hatching a plan to intercept it, they are interrupted by a phone call from Snake telling him when the truck will arrive. They wait for the vehicle to come. Arc jumps on it and threatens the driver, but is blasted off the roof of the cab. The truck stops and a woman gets out. Identifying herself as Lieutenant Hammer, she too tries to recruit Arc to her organization. Refusing, her and Arc fight one another while Ember and Sereb steal the cargo. Ember grabs Hammer and tosses her into the back of her now empty truck before flying off with Arc.

Arc and Ember meet up with the others at the rendezvous point. The squad reports their success in stealing the other half of the Shard’s explosives. Unable to open a portal with his sealed magic, they escape by shrinking down and riding in Sereb’s saddlebag with the shrunken explosives. Returning home they examine the contents of the explosive which contain TNT, C-4, and even uranium. Exhausted, Ember and Rose escort Arc to bed before lying down with him. The next morning Rose confronts Arc with a special request. To be turned into a real human woman.

A few days later Arc and Rose return to Equestria. Sunburst informs Arc that the princesses request a meeting with him. He head to their office while Rose waits outside. They tell him of the possibility of Mio’s powers being the result of magical extraction. A forbidden technique used during the war many years ago by the Earth Pony Nation. The princesses inform Arc of the upcoming treaty ceremony with the Griffon Kingdom and invite him to come along. Arc agrees before returning to Ponyville with Rose. They head to the Little Hooves Orphanage to see the new expansion. Speaking with the second teacher, Miss Peachbottom, Arc informs her of the complete lack of schooling her new students will arrive with. Afterwards, Arc and Rose head to Coco Pommel’s office. She gives them a tour of the new facilities for the griffons. Convinced the building is read as can be, they head to the Hammer’s shop to pick up Rose’s custom made armor before heading to the Golden Oaks Library. Rose brings her request to become a real human to Twilight. She explains that she was unable to create her as such, and was forced to settle for an android body.

Arc and Rose return to Derpy’s house for supper. He tells them of the upcoming summit and his need to leave again to attend. That evening Arc, Rose, Flash Sentry, and Natalya take a portal to Canterlot Castle and board the Lunar Destiny. En route Arc tutors Luna on the proper way to act while in the Griffon Kingdom. She appears to weaken, so Arc puts her to bed and leaves the room. On the way to his room, Flash Sentry informs him of the scandalous rumor circulating amongst the guards in regard to Luna and Arc.

The next morning they arrive at Griffonstone. As the ship lands at the Skyport they disembark and board a chariot with Gestal and Goldstone. They lead a parade through the city streets as the citizens wave and cheer. However, as they approach the Aviary, an assassin takes a shot at Luna. Arc leaps in front of her and catches the crossbow bolt in his chest. The chariot races inside the Aviary to escape.

Arc is rushed to the Infirmary as General Blackbeak and his troops search for the assassin. Luna, Flash Sentry, and Rose guard Luna until it is safe for her to proceed to the Infirmary herself. The doctor informs them of Arc’s condition as he himself steps out of the room. Arc shows them Cherry’s smashed engagement pendent with the bolt still in it. They are escorted to a lavish room where Luna will be sleeping before Natalya brings them to the Dining Room a bit early for lunch. During the meal another assassination attempt is made. Arc stops a crossbow bold with the palm of his hand as the guards give chase. They return to the Lunar Destiny for medical attention as the rest of the guests leave the Dining Room. Goldstone returns to his office to blow off some steam. He verbally harasses his secretary before ordering her into his office to rape her.

Arc is taken to Nurse Redheart who removes the bolt from his hand and treats his wound. He orders Moon Dancer to study the bold and it’s properties. She reports it is an unknown compound that requires further study. The data is sent to Canterlot Castle and Sunburst for further analysis.

He keeps Luna company as they wait for word from Sunburst. Eventually Luna nods off against Arc’s shoulder. Sometime later Sunburst calls them to report his findings. He reports the bolt is indeed made up of an unknown metal and is coated with Sanguine Azolla extract. Luna escorts Arc to the Infirmary for some blood-work. Redheart confirms that there is indeed Sanguine Azolla extract in his blood and that he will need the cure from Zecora. Refusing to leave without the treaty, Arc lashes out verbally at those around him. Before long he runs to the Bathroom with an acute case of diarrhea and vomiting.

Emerging from the Bathroom sometime later, Arc begins acting strangely. Rose leaves him in his room to inform Luna. She returns with the princess and Flash Sentry. Arc shoves Luna aside as Flash Sentry angrily attacks his commanding officer. Arc hits his head, which seems to bring him back to normal. A short time later he mistakes Rose for Cherry and begins referring to others as ‘everypony’. Thinking he is still the Lord Regent, Arc appears increasingly confused at what is going on around him. Luna and Flash Sentry leave the ship to attend the signing of the treaty as Arc spends some time in the Game Room with Rose.

They make some food in the Kitchen before heading to the Observation Deck to watch the fireworks. Looking to get some air, Arc asked Rose out on a date. She accepts and the pair leave the ship together. Arc in his royal raiments, and Rose in her custom Honor Guard armor. They head into the city to enjoy the carnival underway. Finding the games rigged by cheating griffons, Arc proceeds to use his magic to cheat as well. Seeing a fortune teller’s tent they enter for a reading. Scoffing at what he is told, Arc leaves the tent with Rose. The cloaked figure shakes his head and stands to remove their black robe. A navy blue one reveals itself as Wiseman sighs and looks after the departing couple.

Arc and Rose continue to enjoy the festival as Luna and Flash Sentry meet with the Council of Lords in the Aviary. After a drink of champagne Goldstone is summoned for a phone call by a servant. She leads him into a nearby office to take the call. As Galena, Goldstone’s secretary hangs up, the lecherous lord come onto the servant and rapes her. Meanwhile, Arc draws attention from the citizens when he wins a massive cake by tossing BBs into a small hole. Shortly thereafter a number of rebels fly overhead toward the Aviary, sending the citizens running for safety. Arc and Rose run toward the Aviary to help.

Finding Arbiter Ghaleon, Arc offers to help rescue the captured lords and aristocrats. Ghaleon is skeptical at first, but soon learns he has no choice. Arc and Rose cloak and sneak into the Aviary via his old room. Heading for the Dining Room, they discover a secret passage and follow it. Finding the kidnapped griffons and Luna, Arc rushes forward and kills several rebels with their own weapons before stabbing the Rebel Leader in the side with the Dagger of Eternal Slumber. The hostages follow Rose and Arc upstairs as The Dark one emerges from a portal with the Storm King and Sunset Shimmer.

On the way back to the Lunar Destiny aboard an armored carriage, Arc doubles over in pain. Luna mercifully puts him to sleep before carrying him to the Infirmary on her back. Arc awakens a short time later as Redheart examines him. Recalling nothing from the night’s activities, the others are forced to inform Arc of the numerous griffons he killed that night in his stupor. Rose escorts Arc to bed and, after removing her armor, lies down with him.

The next morning Flash Sentry arrives at Arc’s room to rouse him for breakfast. Arc convinces a scantily dressed Rose to go to the Bathroom as he answers the door. At breakfast Arc picks at his food, convinced that he had inadvertently started a war. Natalya arrives to deliver a message from the council. As she does so, she winces in pain. Claiming her and a rebel fought during the attack the previous night. The ship flies to the Aviary and lands to allow the council and King Guto to board. As they sign the treaty General Blackbeak rushes in and arrests Natalya. Removing her armor they find a knife wound that matches the hole found in the rebel’s cloak from her room. Natalya maintains her innocence as she is roughly dragged away for intensive interrogation. Luna finishes signing the treaty and heads for the deck with the council and king as the ship takes off to circle the city. Arc heads for Luna’s room for a bit of a rest. As he lies there a rebel lying in wait aims a crossbow at him and fires.

However, there are still many unanswered questions. How will Torch deal with the final loss of Cinder? How will Stellar Eclipse and Cozy Glow adjust to life in Ponyville? Is Shelly going to be okay? What happened to Frank? What were the Shards planning to do with wood, hard hats, gloves, hammers, shovels and other work tools? Where did Hammer get her strange weapon? How did the Shards acquire military grade explosives? Who is responsible for Mio’s magical powers? Yet again Luna collapses… why? Where did the rebels acquire such strange crossbow bolts? And how did they get Sanguine Azolla? Will Arc be able to recover from his attacks both physically and mentally? What did the rebels hope to accomplish? Where is Lady Ashe? What was The Dark one doing under the Aviary with the Storm Kind and Sunset Shimmer? Is Natalya really the Rebel Leader? And finally, who is this mysterious assailant who has laid in wait for Arc to return to his room? Assuming he was the target, after all.

Time will tell. Sooner or later… time will tell.

PreviousChapters Next