• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 2,495 Views, 50 Comments

Battlefield 2145: Strike on Equestria - TheMossiah



These are the events that took place 3 years after Battlefield 2142...

  • ...
14
 50
 2,495

Chapter 5: Left For Dead

I awoke to a static like noise and the crackling of a nearby fire. My visor was heavily damaged from the shockwave. A large crack ran down the length of the visor and the HUD began to crackle out. I could see in my peripheral that many fires spanned throughout the site. I reached for the release and was struck with a massive surge of pain in my right shoulder. I quickly recoiled back. With my left hand I fumbled around and found my medi pack. I opened the pack. The pain was unbearable. As I fumbled around in the pack I began to scan my surroundings. By now the inside of the visor seemed to fog up, making it difficult to see anything.

"I can't see anything with this damn thing!" I removed my hand from the pack and grabbed my visor and ripped it off of my face. A beam of sunlight landed on my face inside the boggy ditch, the very beam seemed to warm me. 'I haven't felt something like this since I was a kid.' I shrugged it off when something tapped against my head. A large shard of metal seemed to stick out of my right shoulder. 'Well theres my problem.' I wrapped my good hand around the shard and sucked in a deep breath. In one quick motion I tore the shard out of my shoulder. Pain shot through out my body and once again everything went dark as I slipped unconscious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Callaghan had arrived in the Talon long ago. They all had witnessed the Titan's reactor detonation, totally oblivious to the drop pod thinking it was some scrap. They all truly believed that Harrison died in the explosion. Ford eyed the sight with disbelief, his head hung with sadness, he finally spoke.

"There is no way he could have survived that..." Callaghan shook his head angrily.

"No! I know Harrison! He can't be dead! He must have done something!" Nicholas slowly walked up to Callaghan, he too looked as if he had lost everything. He placed a nervous hand on Callaghan's shoulder.

"I know my explosives. A reactor detonation would have killed everyone on board. I'm sorry to say but there is no way he could have lived through that." Callaghan ripped his hand off of his shoulder.

"We need to search! We have to! There must be some possibility!" Brian seemed to appear from no where and entered the small group.

"Ford is right. Harrison is one tough soldier, but even he couldn't have survived that." Callaghan shook his head. He still had believed Harrison had to have done something. He remembered back to the countless times Harrison was able to quickly devise a plan back in training. No matter what he did, he always came out on top.

"No, I'm going to find him! He has to be out there!" He turned from the group and moved towards the forest with his gun in hand. He began to march forward as a hand settled down on his shoulder once again.

"You are to stay here and help defend the Titan! He gave his life defending it, and you will too. If your foot even touches that forest floor I am declaring you AWOL." Callaghan tore forward, out of the captain's grasp. "That is an order soldier!" He stopped in his tracks. A smile spread across his face. He once again looked back at the small group.

"Fine, I will remain here." He moved back towards the small village and took a quick look at the combat walker, a thought came to mind. 'He said my foot can't touch the ground. I never heard him say a combat walkers foot can't.' His smile grew larger as he watched the sun go down, waiting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a second time I awoke in the bog filled ditch, only this time it was much darker. Many fires had gone out, but at the same time new fires grew. The pain in my shoulder had halved and it seemed the bleeding had stopped. I finally got a better look around. 'Fuck...' I began to notice the blood that pooled from my broken body, the fatigue began to settle. I had to go, I could not wait here, there is no doubt PAC will send a forced recon to spot survivors.

"Command spotted a pod, if it was the captain we must find him! Найдите его!" With a couple more mutters the 3 man team consisting of what looked like some mid-level officer and two lower ranking conscripts quickly rumaged through the wreckage. Good enough motivation to get the hell out of there. I quickly searched around me but to no avail, my Scar was nowhere to be seen. I tapped my holster, it was there... One of the conscripts grew closer...

"Hey! Over here you PAC slave!" I ripped the P33 out of the holster and fired two rounds into his upper chest. The conscript toppled over into a fire, I cringed as he slowly became engulfed and screamed his last words. I looked away and searched for the remaining 2 PAC soldiers. I saw a boot peeking from a sheet of metal, I quickly fired 3 shots in the general area where I believed was his center of mass. With a loud grunt I turned my attention to the absent officer.

"Die EU scum!" The sound came from behind me and I made a break for cover. *Pow* I flew foward into the ground. My armor suprisingly saved me from the bulk of the shotgun blast but some pellets planted themselves into my already wounded shoulder. My sight began to fog out. I could hear laughing. The laughter came closer as I heard a brief *Ch-Ching* and the sound of metal slamming into metal. "Any last words before I send you straight to hell?"

"Yeah, I like this place and you're not taking me away!" I rolled over and continuesly pulled the trigger. After the 7th 'Click' my sight finally began to slowly return. I could make out an outline of a crumpled body. I got him. I began to pry myself back up to be met with the same pain I felt from before. I had nothing to assist me now. I jammed my fingers into the wound and plucked out the pellets. I could just barely keep myself from dropping from shock. 'Not again' I kept telling myself. I searched the officer and removed 3 mags of T20 ammo and his T20 sidearm. I grabbed up his Clark shotgun and took the remaining shells from his ammo pouch. I managed to find one of the experimental camoflage systems and pocketed it. It was time to make the long trip back to the little village.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time. Callaghan had waited for the precise moment. Brian had returned to the Titan and the others had gone to sleep... Atleast he thought...

Up in the clouds Rainbow Dash peered over at the soldier with curiosity. She was there when he lashed out to find Harrison. He knew the risks if he entered the forest. Something about being... A wall? It must've been some saying for "You're fired!" or something. She could see him climbing up the large bipedal machine Harrison was playing music on earlier. She had to find out what was going on.

"Now to get this thing started" He ingnited the engines and was blasted by the stereo. He flew across the console and shut it off. He emerged from the hatch to see two dark pink eyes staring him. He gave back an embarrased smile. "Ugh I wasen't doing anything, just ugh... Trying to listen to music?" The cyan pony was not amused.

"Listen, I know what you're doing, I'm not going to tell. I want to help find him too." He began to relax.

"Quick, get inside. We need to find him. He has to be out there." He powered up the legs and shutoff any visible lights. The walker rumbled to life. Like a professional, he grabbed hold of the controls and began to walk foward. The Walker sped forward at a steady speed of 30Km/h. Rainbow Dash was fasinated by the interior but had another plan.

"Let me out, I can scout ahead, see if I can locate him. I'll wait for you at the wreckage." Callaghan nodded and opened the hatch. She let out a nod and flew out. As nice as it was inside, she prefered the sky. She shot forward peering at the walker which seemed to get smaller and smaller as she gained speed. She had to get to Harrison before something else in the woods got to him first...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was running. First another one of those damn lion/scorpian mix things came after me and now these insect like things are chasing me. Does it ever end? Why are things here so hostile! I turned my body enough to get off a shot at the persuing pony/insect creature. It exploded into a greenish cloud of blood and shrapnel. I could see some kind of ruined keep, I sprinted towards it. One of the creatures made a jump for my right leg. I dropped the empty clark and quickly drew my T20 and fired a round off into its head. It crumpled over lifelessly. I flew into the cover of the keep and prepared for the last two of my persuers. I launched out of cover and fired two rounds into the chest of one of the creatures and jammed my knife into the remaining creatures skull. I returned to my cover as voice echoed from the forest.

"You will love us!" I popped out of cover to see 4 more of the creatures come closer.

"Do you things ever give up?!" I opened fire puting 2 rounds into each of the creatures exept for the last one. I fired 2 rounds, the creature strafed to a tree but continued towards me. *Pow, -click-* The first round impacted in the creatures side slowing it momentarily but not stopping it. It dove towards my neck, jaw wide open bearing its sharp teeth. It was over. I closed my eyes and waited for the end...

It never came. Instead I heard a loud *Crack*. I opened my eyes to see a familiar pegasus bucking the creature into the wall. The powerful buck combined with the already damaged abdomin of the creature caused her to literally kick it in half. I was about to thank her when she was grabbed and put to gun point. Two other soldiers walked out and aimed at the struggling pegasus.

"Surrender or we will kill your friend!" I slammed a mag into the pistol.

"No!" I trained my T20 on the head of the one who held Rainbow Dash. I tensed my trigger finger but stopped... Something in me made me drop the gun. One of the soldiers ran over and kicked the gun away before slamming the butt of the rifle into my head. I dropped to the ground. I could see and hear Rainbow Dash scream as the soldier drew back his boot...

Author's Note:

Funny... I finally got some time to do this chapter while finals are around. Sorry for the long wait. I'll try to get to work on the next chapter and hopefully finish it within this week. Least I can do. See you guys again on the next chapter 'Prisoner of War'.

Comments ( 5 )

Well, it's nice to see this is still going.

1785453

Yeah, Its been difficult to do all the things I enjoy doing. Between School and friends, don't get that much time to write anymore. :(
Writing this chapter was more of a refresher to me for the next chapters. Hopefully in the next chapter I can get maybe double what I did on this.

I love Battlefield 2142, I still play it today! Thanks You For Making This FanFic!!! :pinkiehappy:

is this and the author dead?
tis a shame.

Login or register to comment