• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 2,495 Views, 50 Comments

Battlefield 2145: Strike on Equestria - TheMossiah



These are the events that took place 3 years after Battlefield 2142...

  • ...
14
 50
 2,495

Chapter 4: Assaulting A Titan

Meanwhile on board A PAC flagship...

"Comrades we shall wipe this EU eyesore out of our new land! Soon comrades, we land on this planet an take what is ours! For you! For me! For Mother Russia!" The PAC soldiers gave a cheer and ran to their stations. The major general continued to observe the stain that was the communication base. A sargent ran into the bridge with a salute. "What is it sargent?" The sargent dropped his salute and spoke.

"Major General! We have captured one of the many creatures that live here, It seems to be sentient sir." The major general turned to speak with this sargent eye to eye now.

"What?! How could this be? Bring him to me at once." The sargent saluted again.

"I knew you would want to speak with him sir, I am one step ahead of you. Bring it in!" With that two soldiers walked into the bridge with a chained up half lion half eagle creature. "Here it is sir."

"What the hell is that? Speak worm." The creature spoke up with a grunt.

"I am a gryphon! Not a worm!" It cried in a feminine voice. The major general gave a smirk.

"What is your government like? What is your home country!" The gryphon seemed to take a deep breath and spoke.

"We are lead by our Emperor. Our home country is Gryphony." One of the soldiers was now eying the gryphon with curiosity now.

"Gryphony? Doesn't that sound like, I don't know Germany?" The Gryphon looked at the soldier now.

"What? Germany? I have no Idea what you things are talking about, and why do you sound like your from Stalliongrad?" Now the Major General was staring at the Gryphon with great interest.

"What was that? Did you say Stalliongrad? That sounds like Stalingrad! These creatures mock Russia! Where is this Stalliongrad?" The Gryphon gave a sigh. One of the soldiers pulled up a holographic scan of the area. The Gryphon pointed at a location that vividly resembled Europe.

"There, happy?" The major general gave a laugh.

"Once we are done with these EU fools we will make these creatures regret mocking the homeland! Throw this 'Thing' in a cell." The soldiers gave a salute and one slammed the butt of his rifle into the head of the Gryphon knocking it out. They dragged it out of the bridge. The major general continued to watch the clash of Titan VS Titan combat in the distance...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?! This is Captain Brian of the Legacy! Do you copy? Over." More ships began to bellow from each portal. Strange new EU ships began to come through. They looked slightly smaller than a Titan but still kept the distinct look. They began to land and it looked like massive metal ramps extended, they must be troop carriers of some sort.

"Ca- Captain Brian? Your ship 'Legacy' has been MIA for 7 months!" Brian was shocked. It had only been 2 days since they went through the portal.

"What are you talking about! Its only been 2 days!" Ford began to jog up to us.

"There may be some time distortion between our dimensions." Brian shrugged and waited for a reply.

"What are you talking about? We received an order from Field Marshal Logan to send all forces, so we have been mass producing ships to bring in our ground forces. We received that order 4 months ago!" We were all startled by this. 7 Months? What has happened in the mean time?

"Who is in command then?" Now a new person responded into the coms.

"I am. I am Fleet Admiral Duncan. It is good to hear that at least one Titan survived. Earth's situation has gone to hell. PAC forces have once again begun to develop nuclear weapons. They decieded to nuke the remnants of the United States... It wiped out half of North America." Nicholas now was more shocked than ever.

"What?! How is this possible? Half of North America? What the fuck!" Ford tried to calm Nicholas down. He simply swatted him away and began to breath deeply.

"Admiral, I recommend you disengage. According to an inside source there is a large desert close to your position. Set up camp there, it is probably the only flat area for miles. I'll send you the coordinates now." There was a long pause, followed by a ping.

"What have I got to lose? Men! Fall back! Head to the coordinates I have sent you." With that we could see the metal ramps fold back up and the large carriers lifted back off. The Titan's did a 180 and flew towards the Desert. "I will speak to you again once we are set up Captain. Over and out." By now the Titan's were flying to far to see. Brian gave a sigh.

"Damn, 7 months." He slowly walked over to the dropship and leaned off the hull. "I can't believe it." I began to walk over when a low rumble began to echo across the town. We all looked towards the source. The PAC Titan formation was going deeper into the forest, except one... One Titan began to fly towards our location. Brian grabbed the coms once again. "Cloak the ship! Hopefully their Titan couldn't see ours through the high rising trees." The Titan immediately began to blend in with the surroundings. Twilight stared at it with awe.

"How does it do that?" Ford gave a chuckle.

"Its the stealth drive, its hard to explain how it works. I will tell you later, but for now you all need to find shelter. This Titan most likely isn't coming here for negotiations." Brian nodded

"We will ambush their Titan, we will take its shields down and capture the ship." With that Ford, Nicholas, Callaghan and me saluted.

"I will pilot the UD-6 and destroy their broadside guns. Once their down drop their shields, that way the dropship can get Callaghan, Nicholas and Ford inside. Once their in I will land and enter too. Get the dropship to double back and pick up more troops to storm the insides. Remember, take it alive. Do not destroy the reactor." I quickly ran to the UD-6. Callaghan, Nicholas and Ford climbed into the shepard. Rainbow Dash quickly trotted over as the cockpit hatch closed.

"Be careful." I gave a salute.

"Don't worry, I'm always careful." The cockpit sealed and I flew behind some trees and waited...



It felt like hours in there. Finally the Titan neared the Trap. I primed the rockets. 'Soon' I thought. The incoming Titan looked menacing. I switched on the US-6's com system.

"Ready?" Brian replied in a whisper.

"Ready." I brought thrusters to full speed. I charged towards the Titan. It stopped and I could see its AA turrets come online. I quickly put a missile into each AA turret as quickly as I could. I swung along the side of the Titan that faced Legacy and put 3 missiles into each broadside cannon. The two twin cannons exploded causing the shield to ripple.

"Cannons down! Open fire!" The Titan uncloaked and fired its broadside cannons. Four supercharged shells flew straight and true for the aft sections of the Titan. The first three shells detonated on the shields. The fourth hit one of the under mounted guns causing it to rain on the houses below. Damn it.

"Preparing to fire second salvo! Get that shepard in the air!" I continued to circle the Titan waiting for the shields to drop. "Fire!" The broadside guns rang out againg and another four shells soared towards the Titan. The first two shells slammed against the shields and the shields dropped. The last two Slammed into the Cargo sections blowing a hole into the Titan. I made my move and fired my rigged auto cannon into the hole hoping to drop as many PAC soldiers as possible with minimal damage.

"Fire the drop pods in the cargo bay!" I yelled into the com. The shepard replied with flying over the Cargo platform and fired 4 tubes. Callaghan, Ford, Nicholas and some unknown soldier were revealed as the tubes cracked open. A squad of 5 PAC soldiers ran to meet this threat. I simply wiped them out with a precision missile. I quickly made my way to the cargo bay and set down.

"Welcome aboard Harrison!" Callaghan yelled as he opened fire on two more PAC soldiers, killing them with ease.

"Good to be here! Lets do this!" I pulled out my SCAR 11 and opened fire on what felt like endless waves of PAC soldiers. With a few good placed shots the PAC soldiers dropped one by one. A PAC gunship began to take off but was quickly engulfed in AA fire and exploded into shrapnel. With a quick Hooah, we charged into the ship. I was suprised at what I saw. The reactor door was open and an officer like man stood in the room.

"Hello EU scum. You will never take this vessel! Kill them! Lock the reactor!" The man laughed as the reactor shutter closed. A monotone voice rung through the ship in Russian.

"Перегрузка активной зоны реактора инициативе." Ford's eyes went wide and grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into cover.

"Harrison! I know my Russian is a little rusty but I think that thing just said Reactor core overload initiated! They're going to blow the ship! We have to get off this thing!" I shook my head.

"No! If this thing blows here it will take this village with it! I can't let that happen! Get off the ship! I'm going to fly this thing into the forest. I have a plan." Ford nodded and sprinted for the dropship. Nicholas followed. Callaghan continued to fire.

"If your going down with the ship then I sure as hell am too!" I shook my head and retorted.

"No! You will get the fuck off this ship right now! Thats an order!" Callaghan shook his head as well

"Sorry Harrison but I'm with you tell the end." I finally nodded.

"Lets go then! We have a ship to fly!" I patted him on the shoulder and moved up from cover to cover. I continued to suppress the PAC forces. Callaghan quickly followed up with a frag grenade. We ran up the corridor towards the bridge. Two PAC soldiers stood guard at the bridge entrance. I put a bullet into each one of their heads and kicked the door open. The 5 men manning the controls looked startled. Callaghan went in guns blazing and eliminated the pilots. I quickly checked the console. 5 Minutes until detonation, damn it.

"Looks like there is 5 escape pods here for the Pilots." I tapped in some commands and brought the ship to a turn and moved full speed into the forest. I turned to Callaghan.

"Thats what I was counting on. Callaghan take the Talon, get back to Brian. I'll launch the escape pod once I deal with the reactor, don't want him canceling the overload and regaining control of the ship." Callaghan nodded and ran out of the bridge. I heard some gunfire from his Bianchi. With a smirk I watched the Talon take off and fly towards the Legacy. I put the Titan in auto pilot and moved towards the reactor.

"EU scum! You will never take this Titan!" The officer continued to laugh. I shut down the first reactor shutter control.

"Thats fine, I'd much rather see it crash and burn anyway." I deactivated the second shutter control and moved for the next two.

"What are you doing?!" I laughed.

"Making sure you don't cancel the overload, I know you have the codes." Third shutter control down, one to go.

"No! Stop!" I finally shut off the last shutter control and the shutter dropped revealing the unarmed officer. I sprinted down the hall to see the officer making a break for the escape pods. I fired my SCAR into his legs. He dropped to the ground. I walked past him and checked the console. 0:11 Shit!

"What happened to going down with your ship?" I released four of the pods and quickly jumped into the fifth. I quickly slammed the release and was jettisoned towards the ground. I saw a bog of some sort was my LZ, damn. I peered up to see the Titan start to explode. Explosions began to ring out throughout the ship. If I was correct I had 30 seconds until detonation.

My pod slammed into the ground and the tube broke up. I quickly sprinted for a ditch after taking a quick peak at the burning Titan. I dived into the ditch as I heard the reactor supercharge. I covered my ears. *BANG* the Titan exploded causing trees to explode from the heat. The nearby water went into a boil from the extreme heat. Even in the ditch the shockwave and heat hit me like a train. I began to black out from the conditions. As much as I fought it everything started to go dark...