• Published 27th Apr 2019
  • 3,985 Views, 75 Comments

Halo: The new age - The Silent writer



A highly skilled and lethal Spartan of UNSC while riding on a forerunner ship stumbles upon an unexplored planet

  • ...
11
 75
 3,985

The Discovery and assault on Ponyville

PONYVILLE, 5 HOURS LATER

It’s already 2:30 p.m. in ponyville and right now Twilight sparkle is having her lunch on the dining table and thinking about what to do next after finishing her studies.

“ Well let’s see how are all my friends doing, I might be able to help them and then i would send a letter to princess Celestia about today’s day, if anything exciting occurs.” She said to herself and then, she quickly gobbled up all her remaining food and made her way to her dressing to room to get changed in formal clothes.

After 15 minutes, she trotted down the stairs and started making her way to the door when suddenly, she heard lots of screams and pleads. Carefully, she opened the main door and her jaw dropped. She couldn’t believe that her town was under attack by black skinned bipedal creatures having scales of a dragon and teeth of lion. Only one word came to her mind.

“ BUCK !”

Rainbow dash saw Twilight standing at the gateway and zoomed to the library’s door to help twilight.

“ TWILIGHT !”, Twilight heard a familiar voice calling her out. She turned around to see none other than Rainbow Dash who now reached to Twilight and panted heavily.

“ Rainbow, what the hay is going on here ! How in tartanation are changelings attacking again ? I thought the power of love and friendship during the wedding of Shining Armour had defeated them and they would never comeback again.” Twilight asked Rainbow, completely stunned.

“ So did we all thought Twilight, but somehow Queen Chrysalis managed to escape her prison of love and reached here with an army of changelings, much stronger than before, the power of love now seems to have no effect on these bastards.” Rainbow finished angrily.

Twilight was now completely dumbstruck after hearing what rainbow said. Suddenly she turned to Rainbow and said,

“Rainbow, go and gather all the elements and ask them to bring their necklaces with them, I am sure that Chrysalis would never have enough power to be able to stand against the Elements of Harmony. Meanwhile, I would write a letter to Princess Celestia to ask for aid from the royal guards.”, Rainbow processed all the information and saluted to her like a soldier and went away saying “ roger that” to Twilight.

After Rainbow left, Twilight rushed into her house and slammed the door shut and began writing the following letter,

Dear Princess Celestia,

I am very sad and scared to inform you that ponyville is under attack by changelings, again. I have no idea as to how Chrysalis managed to escape the prison of love and return with an army of changelings, but has done it. Princess I sincerely request you to help us out by sending platoons of Royal guards. In meanwhile, me and the elements will try our best to stop the advance of changelings to further inside of ponyville. Please hurry princess, we have very limited amount of time. As per my analysis of few minutes, I saw that 25% of ponyville population has been captured by the changelings, most probably for them being the slaves and the rate is increasing rapidly.

Your Faithful student
Twilight sparkle

Twilight finished the letter and sent it to princess Celestia, thankfully without the help of Spike as he had given her his emergency flame, a flame gifted to him by princess Celestia herself to spike so that he could contact them in a matter of seconds, for dire situations in which he might not be able to be near to Twilight.

Suddenly, Twilight just got one thing into her mind, she had forgotten that Spike had went to rarity’s, she said very loudly what a sister will say for her brother.

“ SPIKE, I AM ON MY WAY TO SAVE YOU FROM THESE DISGUSTING CREATURES.” and then she got outside of her house and ran towards rarity’s Boutique at a speed, which might rival to that of Rainbow Dash.



UNSC THE ENDURANCE, AFTER THE EVENTS IN PONYVILLE



Parth was fast asleep in his room for the past 5 hours 15 minutes, His eyes suddenly opened and he found himself awake in his room. He saw his clock that it was 2:45 p.m. as per earth time. He then dressed himself up again, opened the hatch of his room and went outside to see the commotion. He saw that they are still in slip-space. In almost 35 minutes, they would need to pull out of slip space jump, to give rest to the slip space drive for half an hour, before it will be reusable again, He shrugged off these thoughts and ventured into his ship.

He entered the cryo chamber and saw Serry working on his undersuit. Curiously, he peeked over serry to see what she was doing, but serry noticed this and led out a squeak, and hid behind the spartan’s armour. Parth thought himself to be an idiot for peeking over serry, even after knowing her nature. He went towards his armour.

“ Sorry serry, I didn’t do it on purpose, please forgive me.” Parth apologized, and the serry came out from behind the MJOLNIR armour and said “ it’s OK” to spartan. She then continued on whatever she was doing.

“ Is there any new update available for my undersuit and armour serry ?” Parth asked the A.I. construct, who turned around and said

“ Yes brother, there are major updates on your armour and undersuit, a great weapon has been place permanently on the right hand of you undersuit that you wear.” Serry said, which caused Parth to raise his eyebrow.

“ And what might that weapon be ?” Parth asked interestingly.

“ It’s the energy sword !! UNSC has make a chip which will be embedded in your right hand portion of undersuit, which will activate on your will and would create the energy sword attached to your hand, and for you armour it has been updated with camaflouge ability, which will work for 2 hours and then would deactivate and recharge in 30 minutes to be reused again.” Serry said, and Parth was in complete shock after hearing what has been given to him in the update.

“ OMG ! Looks like i have thrown a good impression on the UNSC superiors, I guess that’s why they are providing me with such equipments, I guess i will really become deadly now.” Parth said quite amusingly, which caused serry to laugh,

“ And you think you were not deadly before, It does take a lot for someone to invade and destroy an entire planet, also coming out alive, especially the planets of covenant.” Serry finished, which caused Parth to blush and look away.

“ Yeah, your right, sometimes I do feel like I am a monster you know, I killed more than 6 billion covenant by destroying their planets.” Parth said with a little bit of sadness in his voice.

“No brother, your not a monster, remember that because of your actions, humanity managed to survive and defeat the covenant, were it not for you, entire humanity would have been obliterated from this universe.” Serry said as she came near to Parth and nuzzled him on his cheek.

This made Parth to feel much better, “ Thanks Serry for the comforting words”, Parth said and then Serry moved away from Parth, resuming the updates on his armour. Parth then turned around left the cryo chamber to go to the bridge and meet up with Anubis.

Parth was in middle of his trek, when suddenly, Anubis popped up beside him, she looked shocked and happy at the same time.

“ Parth, I have a great news. I just discovered a Celestial body, a planet to be precise, it seems to be in habitable zone of it’s star. We will pass it within next 5 minutes, I recommend we take a look at the planet, besides our slip-space engine might need a little rest.” Anubis said with her voice full of joy and excitement.

This news was quite shocking to Parth, as finding a planet in a orbit around it’s sun in a habitable zone was one major thing, that they were trying to do past one year with no success.

“ That’s an excellent news, Surely we will take a look at the planet and if possible, we might find extraterrestrial life on it, hoping that they will not be as covenant were.” Parth said, also enthusiastically.

“ Alright sir, I will pull out the ship out of slip space in 20 seconds, we will be almost 200 kilometres from the planet, just for safety reasons. If it will be safe, I would put the ship in orbit around the planet.” She said and then disappeared from the site.

“ Things really got exciting now.” Parth exclaimed and continued to the bridge.

After 15 seconds, the ship began to shake and the blackness was replaced by millions of white and shining dots.

“ We are out of Slip-space.” Anubis said through the speakers of the ship.

By then Parth had made his way to the bridge, he continued to walk into the control room which had the permanently unpolarized window, through which everyone could see, what was in front of the ship.

Parth entered the control room and his jaw dropped on what he saw. He saw that the planet was blue- green, similar to earth. It had one sun and one moon....revolving around the planet ! Parth couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“ Anubis, this is...amazing, we all know that a planet is supposed to orbit is star, but here is totally opposite !! I don’t get how it is defying the basic laws of nature.” Parth exclaimed completely astonished.

“ Yes sir, It is really unbelievable site to see, we are really very far away in universe, so I think we will see many unnatural cases, right now i am scanning the planet for it’s composition, atmosphere, land and water ratio and and life forms, if they are on this planet.” Anubis said to Parth.

“ Yes, scan the entire planet and then report to me everything that you find about this planet, by then I will go to armoury and check for all the weapons, because I might consider to land on this planet and to learn about it’s many secrets.” Parth ordered and Anubis nodded, disappearing again.

Parth then, got out of control room and made his way to the armoury.

”Things will really get interesting from now on, let’s see what this planet might prove to be for UNSC and humanity.” Parth thought while continuing on his way to the armoury.

Author's Note:

So this is it guys for now, i really hope you like this chapter, next chapter might come tomorrow or by most day after tomorrow, so stay tuned.