• Published 27th Apr 2019
  • 3,983 Views, 75 Comments

Halo: The new age - The Silent writer



A highly skilled and lethal Spartan of UNSC while riding on a forerunner ship stumbles upon an unexplored planet

  • ...
11
 75
 3,983

Spartan and librarian

UNSC THE ENDURANCE
1st January, 2561

In Deep dark void, also known as space was travelling a huge metal ship with various lights on making it’s way through the sea of stars. Inside the ship, Parth was just roaming around the ship in his blue T-shirt and stripped pyjamas and inspecting his ship. He was feeling funny at the moment and let out a small chuckle.

“ Is there something funny ?” asked a feminine voice beside him asked.

Parth turned around and saw the familiar pink A.I. looking at him curiously, “nothing anubis, just thinking about some things, awkward things to be precise.” he said with another chuckle and turned his gaze towards the wall and unpolarized it to get a glimpse of the space outside his ship.

“ Care to share with me ?” anubis asked.

“ Just thinking about the past year, just when the war ended and how I was awarded the prizes such as this ship and how I was feeling funny on looking at faces of those ONI spooks after knowing that they will have no authority on me.” he said still facing towards the space. ” anyways, what about the report that you deliver to me everyday ?”

“Um, yes about that, the ship is currently travelling at a speed of about 45% of it’s top speed, the bridge and hangar are all being maintained by prometheans as you had ordered them, the slip-space drive is currently overheated due to our continuous usage of it for 6 hours, and rest of the systems such as life support, oxygen pressurization and light systems are working perfectly fine without any problems. Our ship is working at its best conditions since I always command the prometheans to service the ship every three days a week, so there are no problems.” she finished like a professional.

“ That’s great anubis, you are completely dependable.” Parth said, which caused the A.I. to smile and hide away her face.

Suddenly a white spherical object came at a high speed towards Parth.

Instantaneously, Parth’s instincts kicked upon and he stepped aside as he heard the rumbling sound of the object due to his advanced hearing by genetic augmentations and caught hold of the object.

“ EEP !” the object let out a squeak and was shivering in fear in Parth’s hands.

“ Serry!, why were you going at a speed so fast ? Is there something wrong ?” Parth asked the A.I. Construct who now stopped shivering.

“ Oh s-s-sorry brother, I-I...I just wa-wanted to inform t-that our sl-slip space drives a-are now r-ready to be u-used a-a-again.” the A.I. construct told Parth in a very low and shy voice, still in Parth’s hand.

Parth let out a laugh and comforted his A.I. construct by rubbing her top surface, which caused her to relax and her humming.

“Better ?” he asked serry and she nodded, “ Very well, Can you estimate the distance between us and the UNSC space ?” Parth asked and serry again nodded and started her calculations, and within matter of seconds she told him that they are currently 2,000,000,000 light years away from the UNSC space.

This shocked Parth, he knew that the forerunner ship has a much better slip space engine as compared to that of normal UNSC ships, but he never expected that It would make the ship run almost 7000 times faster than speed of light.

“ Well, that is certainly a news to me that our ship is fast.” Parth said with a laugh, which caused both anubis and serry to laugh too.

“ Anyways, anubis, activate our slip space engine, we will go in another slip-space jump.” Parth ordered anubis.

“ Very well sir, give me few seconds.” She said, and after 10-20 seconds, the ship began to shake and a blue portal appeared in front of the ship, the ship went inside the portal and vanished from that spot, the ship was now in slip space, with everything going behind them at an immense speed.

Parth, satisfied that they were in slip space, went to walk away in the chamber after polarizing the wall again.

“ Anubis, how are our pelicans, phantoms and warthogs ?” Parth asked again.

“ Sir, they are all in their best conditions, 30 prometheans are currently working and tuning them as per my orders.” Anubis said.

“ That’s good, I am so happy that I have you Anubis.” Parth said, which brought a smile on the A.I.’s face.

“ Anyways, Serry, go and see what you can do about my armour, first clean and service it and then check if there are any updates available for the armour which might have been sent by Dr. Halsey, If there are any updates then download and upload them to my armour.” Parth ordered, and serry nodded, going towards the cryo-chamber, where the armour is currently placed on a machine.

“ Anubis, I am going to my room and I might take a nap, wake me up if there is any news or any need for me.” Parth said while yawning.

“Alright sir, sweet dreams.” The A.I. Said and then disappeared from site.

Parth, then made his way to his room while humming, opening the hatch of his room he went inside and closed the hatch. Undressing himself, he threw himself on the bad and succumbed to his sleep.


IN PONYVILLE, AFTER THE CURRENT EVENTS



It was Wednesday, in the town of ponyville it was around 9:30, everyone was going about their daily chores. One interesting thing about this ponyville and Equestria, the country in which ponyville was located was that the people here could do ‘magic’ like telekinesis, teleportation to a small distance and fire magical beams which can cause damage on small to medium scale. Another fact about this equestria was that, this country had 90% female population since the beginning which caused females to dominate over males in equestria. Females considered males not more than a toy and would usually tease the males and sometimes, even thrash them for not obeying their orders, the condition of males was quite miserable in equestria, especially in the cities like Manehatten, Canterlot and crystal empire. Such partiality to males was there in ponyville, but it was much lesser than the big cities. Well everyday, a certain librarian, who lived in her library which was also her house, with purple skin and dark purple hair would wake up at 6:00 a.m. and start her studies. Her name was Twilight Sparkle, also known by many as faithful student of Princess Celestia, was studying as per her usual routine after returning back to ponyville the day before after the new year party at canterlot . Her no.1 assistant and her adopted brother spike, like usual was doing the chores that were given to him by twilight.

“What are you reading twilight ?” spike asked out of enthusiasm.

“Nothing that you would understand spike, well it’s about astronomy, I am studying how our princesses raise the sun and moon that revolve around our beautiful planet Equis.” She told him.

Spike clearly didn’t understand much, so he just waved off went away doing his chores.

“ I wonder if there is life outside our planet, that would be quite cool to study about objects that are not of Equestrian origin”? she thought to herself, and then laughed at herself for even thinking about that. She was damn sure that there is no life outside the planet.

“ Well twilight, I am done with the daily chores, breakfast has been cooked and all the books of library are placed well in order in correct shelves, i am going to rarity’s as she asked me for some help for her designs.” spike said while serving the breakfast to twilight, who now left her book and came to dining table.

“ OK spike you may go, but do return before 4:00 p.m. to the library, i know you have crush on rarity but just dont stay there for too long, if you know what I mean.” twilight said the last part while chuckling causing spike to blush heavily.

“ I hate you Twilight.” was all that spike said before he rushed out of the main door slamming it shut. This caused Twilight to burst out laughing. “ Oh my dear little brother.” she said and then she devoured into her breakfast.

Little did she know that she was about to get a surprise of her life in a few days.

Author's Note:

So this is it guys for now, I hope you enjoy it, will write next chapter soon, until then see ya