• Published 23rd Apr 2019
  • 1,054 Views, 38 Comments

Destiny Duo - L Drkheart



Twilight and Spike are forced together by chance and must defend their home from evil magic forces while learning how to control the power within themselves.

  • ...
1
 38
 1,054

A Daring Adventure

“Okay journal, this one will be fun! We had a third case not too long ago and it involved a role model of mine! Here I wrote a record of the adventure, or could it be called a daring adventure?”
. . .
“Ugh stop knocking so loud I’m coming!” Spike shouted as he rolled off his bed and let himself fall to the ground. He landed on all fours and stretched out each limb until he heard a satisfying crack. He hopped to his feet and popped his back before letting a hand move through his messy green hair and yawned while opening the door to his dorm room.

“Look Cheese if this is one of your surprise parties I’m gonna lose it, the last time I almost drunk that punch you- C-Cadence!?! What are you doing in the boy’s dorms!?” He jumped away from the door as he was only dressed in his boxers but she rolled her eyes and walked into the room.

“Spike I took you baths I have seen you in your boxers.”

“No so long are you crazy!? You’ll be destroying my rep!”

“Rep? Bro you haven’t got much of one yet heh. Twilight is your only friend here and this is the reason I came over to see you today.”

“If you are gonna tell me I need more friends I have three others that go to Canterlot High and mom said no interfering with my love life and friend life.” Cadence put a hand to her heart and acted hurt.

“I am hurt that you would think I would do such a thing but if I did want to I'd say that it’s all because I want my dear Spikey Wikey to be happy.” Spike smiled and slipped on some jeans before hugging his sister.

“I know you’re looking after me but I’m also old enough to make my own decisions. Was this all you came for today?”

“Nope I need a favor, I need you to get Twilight away from Shining today so we can go on a date. Today is their sibling day but we really want to spend time together since it’s our only day off please!” Spike sighed slipping on a shirt and leaned against his bed while thinking about it.

“Hmm… I’m not sure if I could get her away from him, you know how she can be.”

“I do but I have something that may help, I have a group pass for you two and any others you want to take to go and see the set of the new Daring Do movie.” Spike froze at her words and slowly turned towards her as she smirked a bit and pulled out said pass. “So do we have a d-” She blinked and looked down as the pass was gone and Spike was happily jumping around her.

“Deal! I’ll get her to come and you two can go have fun.” He was hugged from behind as Cadence rubbed her face against his with a smile and headed to leave.

“Okay I’ll go tell Shining we’re on for tonight so I hope you enjoy the set. Oh and as your dean and sister, clean up your room some bro heh,”

“Yeah yeah, just don’t come back from your date with a bun in the oven or mom will kill us both!” Cadence blushed a bit and left Spike as he pulled out his phone to call Twilight and the other girls. While Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all easily got permission and were excited as they all loved the Daring Do movies, especially Scootaloo who said her sister would be so jealous, Twilight was a bit harder to convince.

“So why should I go to some action movie set again?”

“Twi this isn’t just any action movie, it’s Daring Do! Not only that but we may even get to meet her! She is an adventurer, explorer, author, director, master disguise artist, and treasure hunter! She has novels, comics, movies, and even games of her adventures! She’s been all around the world!”

“Okay that does sound pretty impressive but we have faced magic and this is our sibling day…”

“I bet during her journeys she saw magic before, maybe she can tell us about it and even if she hasn’t thought of the knowledge she could give you! I bet you could write a paper on it that could help towards that scholarship~”

“...Ugggghhhhh okay okay I’ll come with you and the girls. Come get me at the cafeteria oh and we’re almost out of food so you better hurry.”

“WHAT!? Why didn’t you tell me what time it was?! I’m on my way, save me a waffle!!”

. . .

Spike and Twilight looked out the window at Canterlot High feeling strange as their eyes went to the horse statue the school had and the strange red/yellow-haired girl that was touching it. Her blue eyes narrowing in frustration before they caught Spike’s and Twilight’s for the barest of moments.

“Howdy guys!” The voices made them jump as they turned to see Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo smiling there. “Sorry Ah guess we surprised ya. Were ya looking at Canterlot High? We may be freshmen but we can give y’all a tour sometime!”

“Yeah and maybe you’ll be able to show us Crystal Prep, my sister Rarity doesn’t even know how to get there.”

“My mom is the principle here so I know a lot about Canterlot High but if you want a tour of Crystal Prep then you should really ask Twi.”

“I’m not sure… Principal Cinch isn’t a big fan of Canterlot High or it’s students…”

“She hates my mom and aunt, which is one of the reasons she hired my sister. Cadence is skilled and very talented at her job but she needed experience to become a principal herself, but how much experience will depend on Cinch… It’s also why they sent me to Crystal Prep. Cinch said that she wanted to teach me to ensure no bias would be given but she has given me a large amount of work, equal to Twilight’s even though she is an advanced student.”

“That lady is what my sister would call a bit-” Scootaloo was cut off as they arrived at the movie studio and they got off excitedly. The lot had plenty of workers around moving things, guiding tours, some were dressed up all ready for shooting, and others seemed to be assistants getting things. The younger four of the group were all in awe and excitement at everything around them and even Twilight had to admit that she did want to see all the lot had to offer even if movies weren’t her thing.

“Okay everyone, we have one pass that proves we are allowed to be here so try not to run off on your own okay? Where did Spike run off to?” The three girls pointed nearby as Spike hopping in place while looking up at a large poster of a violet-eyed girl with long black hair and a darker grey in her bangs. She wore a confident smirk while she was dressed in a loose explorer’s shirt, cargo pants, a safari hat, and had a sapphire stone in her hands while several dangerous animals surrounded her. “So that’s her huh? Your adventurer.”

“YEP! A.K. Yearling as Daring Do in Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone! This was the first movie in the series based off the book, Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Statue! The next movies were Daring Do and the Lair of Secrets, The Forgotten Prisoner, The Griffin’s Goblet, and finally the Rings of Power. The movie they are filming now is the sixth movie, The Last Temple. I really have to show you them sometime.”

“Sure whatever but stay nearby so we don’t get kicked out, girls watch him and make sure he doesn’t fangirl too much after Miss Yearling. Girls?”

“Paranormal Defense Force, Movie Set Explorers!!” The three girls shouted and jumped next to Spike looking at the posters as Twilight gave a deadpan look and looked around before lifting them and making them come to her side. She found them their set and after showing one of the guards their pass they were allowed in. The whole inside of the set was turned into a giant temple with a forest surrounding it and an artificial night sky above them. The temple was illuminated by torches and at the very top was what seemed to be a giant magnifying glass.

“It’s crazy huh? How they can just recreate a whole other place in the world right here. Kinda like magic hmm children?” The group turned to see an old woman with a veil over her face who leaned on a cane.

“Yeah magic… if you don’t mind me saying miss, you don’t seem like you would be a Daring Do fan. Are you sure you’re in the right set?” The old woman chuckled under her veil and smiled at Twilight while she walked around her.

“Ahh, you are the one who uses your eyes and mind the most right? A realist in a world where reality is subjective and prone to change. The heart and soul of a child can live in anybody little miss but I do like you. A girl who can examine a situation and catch the details most others would miss, the mind of a true treasure hunter.” She walked slowly and leaned close to Spike before grabbing his mouth and pulling it open, touching his sharp teeth with a finger. “Strange but nothing I haven’t seen before. You seem to be smart too but your heart isn’t in the knowledge but the joy it could bring to others.” She smacked the back of his legs with her cane and he yelped holding his leg. “And so strong for someone so small. A hit from me would stumble most you know? The soul of a hero is in you my friend but heroes need more than guts and strength if they are ever to truly help someone..”

“T-thank you?” She moved on to the three girls who all held different expressions, Applebloom seemingly curious but cautious if she was to raise the cane against one of her friends, Sweetie Belle was behind Applebloom as she didn’t fully trust the woman yet and the examination she was doing on them all, but Scootaloo was all but jumping for joy as she seemed to be excited for what the woman would say about them. She genuinely laughed and patted the head of all three.

“Much like your two friends there, you three are quite the team and balance each other. Curiosity and strength, care and logical, and of course you have grit and determination. Yes, I do believe that you all were destined to be here, for us to meet.”

“Who are you? After that, I think we deserve an explanation.” Twilight knew that she was letting their recent adventures affect her as she prepared to use her powers if needed but the old woman smirked and doubled backflipped onto one of the ruins props before she grabbed the bottom of her dress and threw it off. Spike blushed as she grabbed the bottom of the dress and extended an arm to cover the girls’ eyes and was about to shut his own eyes before a large prop rock magically flew into his face and covered his view. He yelped in pain and groaned as Twilight’s eyes widen at the sight of the woman.

“Pretty hot huh kids?” The voice was stronger and confidence oozed from it. Spike moved his arms and the rock as he stared and forced some sound from his voice.

“Y-y-you’re d-d-d-”

“DARING DO!!!” The three younger girls shouted in surprise and joy as said adventurer nodded and did a playful bow.

“The one and only! Always nice to meet a few fans who have the potential to become adventurers.” The moment the woman jumped down from the ruins Scootaloo was right there holding a book out to her with stars in her eyes.

“My sister is your biggest fan ever! I-I was wondering if you would sign her first edition of Quest of the Sapphire Statue!” The star smiled kindly and nodded writing her name, a bit of a note about how good Scoots was to do this for her, and Rainbow Dash’s name. “Oh my gosh, she is gonna freak out when I get home!!!!” Applebloom and Sweetie Belle smiled and slowly pulled their friend away as Spike and Twilight walked up.

“So why the big disguise? Couldn’t you just show us who you were?”

“I could have done that but I didn’t for three reasons, one was because that would have been no fun, two I wanted to see what kind of people you all were and not some press, and three is I was hiding from my director.” Just then a dark-haired man with large glasses, a lopsided suit that was unbuttoned, came in while holding up his pants.

“Yearling!! Must you always be so difficult? We've been working together for over ten years now! Why must you treat me like a first timer every time? And give me back my belt! I don’t even know how you got it this time.” Daring smiled softly at the closest thing she had to a best friend and took off his belt and gave it back to him. She threw an arm around him and pulled him close.

“Come on Pic it’s all part of my charm and I know you love it! I just get bored when it’s all work and no play.” The man sighed but did smile softly and fixed his glasses.”

“We’ll get to the fun parts soon, promise but we need to finish these next few scenes. I even got a new camera that I found at some antique shop around here and tried it earlier by filming some of the sets. Oh, who are your friends?”

“These are the people who got your group pass thingie, I like them, lots of spirit.”

“Heh coming from you? That’s scary. It’s my pleasure to meet you all, I’m Photo Finish, the director of every Daring Do movie and the occasional romance.” He held out his hand to each one and they all shook excitedly with the slight exception of Twilight but she was just as excited, wanting to ask him everything about directing a movie. “Come on then children, you’re just in time to see Daring unlock the entrance to the temple.” The group walked with Photo as they got all the workers out of the sight of the camera and in walked Daring with a torch and looked around in cautious wonder. She looked up at the temple and pulled out a map which had a crude drawing of the temple and she smiled at it.

“The local people call it the Polyphemus Temple, said it was created by a cyclops or something to hide away the Sapphire. I may not have faced a Cyclops before but let’s see how good their traps are.” She cracked her knuckles before running up the temple stairs. When she reached the top she spent a moment to look at the view around her and sighed. She searched the ground and guessed there was a way to get into the temple. She examined the giant magnifying glass and saw that it had gotten dirty and clouded with age. She tried to move it but the thing was created to be unmovable and after wasting some water to try and clean it, she found that under the grime was tar or something that was made to permanently cover the glass. She followed the direction where the sunlight would be if reflected off the glass and ended up at the bottom of the temple again. After a bit of searching, she found a hole that was carved into some of the ruins.

“Why try to keep light out of this?” She pulled out a flashlight and concentrated the beam before shining it into the hole. Something in it shined bright and the ground trembled as she turned and saw some of the temple stairs opening to reveal a passage.”I understand now! A photometer opens and closes the entrance and since someone covered the glass they wanted it to be locked away for good.” She leaves the light behind to hold open the entrance as she traveled into the darkened temple.

“Cut! Not bad AK, we’ll shoot the action scene next.” Photo said as they waited for her to exit but only a voice came out.

“Umm Pic! Something happened down here!” The group all exchanged looks before following Picture into the temple after Daring. Inside they all gasped as it did look like a moss and spider infested tomb.

“Wow, the designers really went all out! I didn’t remember giving them the budget for all this.” He walked deeper into the temple before he stepped on a loose stone and the ground in front of him crumbled and fell into an abyss. He yelped and nearly fell when Daring grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back as they caught their breath. “W-what is this?! That kind of fall could have killed me! We don’t even have a basement so how?” The exit behind them started to close as the flashlight’s batteries died and they all beat against the exit trying to reopen it. “These aren’t real stone, so why can’t we open it!?” Spike, Twilight and the girls sat down in a circle questioning what could have happened and Twilight snapped her fingers pointing at Photo.

“You said before that you had gotten a new camera from around here right? Where exactly did you find it?”

“Some weird pawn shop, when I walked in a girl with a magic hat and cape was coming out shouting about the great and powerful Trixie. They said that they had just gotten the camera not too long ago.”

“Well I think the camera had some form of magical ability to turn everything it shot into the real thing so this temple is real and the traps and dangers here are real too…”

“Magic please, that’s insanity! AK?” Daring walked to them and looked deep into Twilight’s eyes.

“You don’t seem the type to believe in magic but you all knew the moment this happened that something had changed… how?” Twilight looked to Spike and he nodded.

“Fine, let’s say that we have experience with this kind of stuff.” She pointed at the hole from earlier and soon the rocks were brought back up from the depths. Spike let his hand burst into fire and the two adults stared at them before looking ahead.

“Okay so you all have superpowers… at least that is something we have to our advantage. Knowing how excited Pic usually gets, he taped this whole place right to… The stone! If you taped the stone then it should really have the power of what we wrote it to have so it can get us out and destroy the camera!” The group decided to go along with Daring even when Photo took the intuitive to try and call the police but the temple walls blocked his signal. Twilight helped everyone across the hole with her powers and then jumped across, not quite making it but Spike and Daring were able to catch her while they were pulled by the girls and Photo. They walked down their path, much more careful of where they stepped, Spike telling the girls to stay slightly back from the group and to watch Photo as he was having a bit of a breakdown at all that was happening.

“So Miss Yearling, how are you so okay with this explanation of magic? You haven’t really questioned us on anything and seeing that you said that you have been all around the world but hearing something like this is out there and you’re not surprised?” Daring looked back at the two and giggled a bit.

“Of course I’m curious and want to ask you all a thousand questions but we have bigger problems at the moment and I have always been a firm believer in magic. I did add more magic and that kind of stuff in my books to add actions and fantasy but it may also be how I wished those adventures went as most ended once I got the treasure and simply left. Not much fun there huh? I trained all my life for things like this and finally getting the chance to prove I’m more than just some movie star or explorer is exhilarating! I finally have a chance to be that hero that those girls and this young man with you believe I am. I also can take this as a learning experience, I always have done my adventures alone so having partners with me is different. Having someone I want to protect is different…” She said the last part looking over at her friend and giving him a smile.

“I think I know how you feel, I thought the best way I could do anything was through logic alone and focused on it but through my adventures with Spike and now the girls I want to do more than learn I want experience. Having friends like them, people who aren’t family that I would do anything for is scary but… I wouldn’t regret a moment with them.”

“Not to say that her mind hasn’t helped us here and there, usually outthinking the foe or finding their weakness. Even though she can really drone on and on sometimes too. We all love her too.” Twilight blushed a bit and punched the boy’s arm as he laughed. They stopped in front of their next challenge, a wide open hallway and the walls immediately started to close in on them and they rushed forward while Twilight was using her powers to hold open the door at the end of the hall. Daring saw ahead that the floor was readied to extend spikes out at them so she dug in her bag and used her whip to swing across and sent it back to them.

“Hurry, those walls are still closing in!!” Spike encouraged the girls to steel their nerves and then tossed them one at a time to the rope. Twilight quickly let the door close more as she jumped across and had to stop using the powers. Spike was about to jump when he saw Photo was panicking and he rushed to his side telling the girls to go and they would be right behind them. Twilight and the girls refused of course but Daring saw in his eyes that he needed to talk to Photo and dragged the girls with her saying that they should trust him. He smiled softly and turned to the man.

“Look I know a lot of crap is happening right now and most of it makes absolutely no sense.”

“Wow, you are bad at this part huh?”

“But you have to think about what you can do to help in this situation not worry about it and never get anything done.” Spike looked at the closing walls and dragged him to his feet as they ran and jumped at the whip with Photo catching the smaller boy’s hand and the two got across. As they ran to catch up to the others Photo let go of fears and baggage.

“I know I’m acting horrible but this life isn’t for me! I’m not great adventurer like AK… I always dreamed of impressing her on an adventure but accepted that it could never happen. Now that I have my chance to impress her… I’m blowing it. This is her life and maybe it has no place for someone like me.” Spike kicked Photo’s legs and knocked him down before he kicked him away the walls shot arrows at them and Spike used his arms to take the attack. He walked through the danger zone and picked the arrows off his skin, seeing that the tips had managed to pierce through his skin and left tiny droplets of blood dripping off the arrows.

“I guess I’m not as invincible as I thought. The door is closing let’s go!” The two men rushed to the door that Twilight was struggling to keep open any longer, collapsing on the ground from exhaustion. Spike gasped at the sight as the girls were desperately trying to wake her up. Photo ran faster and slid under the door, turning on the spot and groaned loudly while he held it open just long enough for Spike to roll under. He thanked Photo and went to Twilight and after making sure she was fine, lifted her into his arms. Daring led the rest of the way as they were finally approaching the stone which was on an alter just a bit ahead.

“The Sapphire Stone… it can’t be this easy…”

“No… You will never reach the stone with your life!” Daring jumped back as a boulder smashed the spot she had been at and her eyes widened as she saw what had thrown it.

“Oh dammit…” A large creature stepped out and blocked their way. It was blue and had an elongated dog-like head, except for his eyes, which are positioned over his nose at the end of his snout. He walks on all fours, with dog-like hind limbs and ape-like forelimbs, and a long monkey-like tail with a hand on its end. “Ahuizotl…”

“Yes, Daring Do. You really believe that you can just walk into here and take the prize that is rightfully mine?! Then you will make this place your grave and how kind of you to bring dinner.” The girls stood together stood in front of Spike but he carefully placed Twilight down and asked them to protect as he walked up beside Daring and his arms ignited into flames.

“I won’t let you or anyone hurt them.”

“Heh looks like you’re finding that inner hero kid, well let’s knock this bad dog back into his cage!” The two rushed at Ahuizotl, dodging his first punch which smashed and cracked the ground under them. Spike jumped and punched at the beast while Daring worked with what she had left in her bag including a nail filer which she used to stab into the monster’s eye making it roar and throwing the two away. Photo ran forward and grabbed a bone from one of the skeletons from around the set and jumped at the monster but it simply grabbed him and threw him behind him.

“Weakling.”

“Hey! That was my best friend you oversized stuffed animal!!” Daring Do shouted as she ran at the monster with a rage that Spike had never seen before, latching on the best and tearing out hair and beating on him all over quick as a flash. Spike and the others cheered her on but eventually, he managed to grab her foot and smash her into the ground. Spike blasted several fireballs at its head and sent a torrent of fire to keep the hand away from Daring but the monster used it’s other hand to punch Spike Into a wall. He groaned as he struggled to stand but fell back down. Daring struggled as she was grabbed and the monster began to squeeze but a voice made them all turn.

“Put the girl down!” Photo was standing there with the stone in hand as his veins glowed a soft blue and he jumped farther than most humans could, smashing the beast with several punches. Ahuizotl attacked and swiped at the man but he used the stone to block and push the monster back. Photo smiled and punched as Ahuizotl did, the two equaling in power and sending a small shock wave around. By this time, Ahuizotl noticed the stone had given the weakling power so he grabbed a rock and threw it towards Daring and even when she dodged, Photo went to help her. He blocked the stone but right behind it, the beast was there and knocked the stone away. He ran for it only to find his body thrown away, Twilight standing back up with a very peeved expression on her face. He stumbled back and found something push against his back, turning he was met by a giant blue shield smashing hard into his face.

“All yours Spike!”

“Nice one girls!” Spike shouted as he put all the flames he had left into one fist and jumped, uppercutting the monster and sending him to his last foe. Daring stood with the sapphire in hand and smirked as she had been charging it up and let all the power go.

“Lights out!” Her attack blasted him right out of the temple, destroying it and making them an exit. They all climbed out and smashed the evil camera, giving the remains to Twilight and Spike and letting the girls have the sapphire even though it had no powers now. Photo and Daring said that the sets would have to be remade and the destruction was blamed on an earthquake. They also invited them all to return for a much more normal day, something that Daring said she was actually looking forward to as long as Photo was there. The group waved at their newest friends before they got on the bus back home.

. . .

“Here are the next videos you requested sir! Your daughter also wished to enter and see you.”

“Let her in! Remember that she is to be treated with just as much respect as me.” The bodyguard nodded and apologized before he opened the door and a girl with purple hair and light blue streaks, light purple eyes, wearing torn purple jeans, a light blue shirt with a vest over it, and a beanie with stars entered.

“Hiya dad, found anything new?” The girl asked as she walked over to where a man with long greasy black hair, red eyes, wearing a black suit and black slacks was watching a screen intently and smiled at his daughter.

“Yes, it seems our friends have gotten more powerful with each adventure and have found more and more magical items while the other girl seems to have collected magic of her own and seems to have a goal with it. I believe that it’s time we make our move, how are you feeling Starlight?” Starlight Glimmer smirked as she looked up at her father, Sombra Black.

“Like things are about to get magical around here...”

Author's Note:

Hey, lookie here! I actually managed to finish another chapter! I plan to have another done in the next week or so and will show a bit of a fan favorite! and soon after that a few chapters later this story will reach its own season one finale and it will be back to the Dragon Alchemist! I hope you all are enjoying!! Thanks for the views and comments and likes on my stories! talk to you all real soon!