• Published 22nd Apr 2019
  • 3,727 Views, 126 Comments

Mother Moon, Joys of Parenthood - ShadowStar_IMHP



In another universe, Luna has been restored thanks to the Elements of Harmony. She wasn't alone, with her appeared a small 2-month-old royal purple alicorn filly. Nightmare Moon reborn as Luna's Daughter. These are short stories in that universe.

  • ...
2
 126
 3,727

Discord and Dippers

Author's Note:

Had some fun with this little side story. I also had trouble writing more than four characters at once. Poor Peppermint Heart once more became a background Pony. Guess he's my AppleJack.

As always I have Dyslexia and other learning disabilities that make writing hard. Spelling and Grammer are my arch foes! Any errors send a message or post the corrections and I would be happy to fix them.

The Joy of Parenthood stories is just mostly a random slice of life events. A full Sequel is in the works just figuring out some minor elements.

Luna rushes for her daughter’s suite her heart racing in her chest. The path to Nightshade’s chambers was getting difficult. She stops as she looks around lost after turning a corner that wasn't there before. The way has been twisted by the chaotic magic of Discord.

Fear ran in her veins, it surprised her that she was more afraid of what could happen to her daughter than herself. Nightshade the reborn form of Nightmare Moon somehow found her way into Luna’s heart. So Luna continued running along the hallway having passed stairs that were moving on their own and she was sure she passed that table twice. But finally, the door was in her sight. So was Celestia.

“Took you long enough Sister.” Celestia smiled as she opened the doorway. Gasping to catch her breath “How... I ran all the way.”

Celestia nodded “I teleported.”

Luna sighed and entered her daughter’s room. Unlike most of the castle, the suite looked normal. Soft purples and blues with silver trim. Right in the center of the play area was the purple alicorn filly Nightshade who was playing with a stuffed dragon. Playing with the little princess was the unicorn foal Cream Puff who was playing with the stuffed bunny Mr. Hops.

Peppermint heart the Zony nanny was sitting in a stuffed chair sipping tea when the two Royals walked in. “Princess Luna, Celestia? What the matter?”

Cream Puff wasn’t aware of the two newcomers and made a cute charging sound as Mr. Hops thrusts at the stuffed dragon like the knight she was pretending him to be.

Nightshade on the other hoof was paying attention as her ears shifted to catch the talk. Not wanting to disappoint her friend the stuffed dragon roared and then bumps against Mr. Hops.

“Has anything happened here? Canterlot is in danger, Discord is free and spreading chaos.” Luna says walking to Peppermint.

---------------------------------------------------

Nightshade drops the toy dragon and stands up this catches Cream Puff’s attention. “Why you stopped playing? I was winning...” The unicorn’s lip quivers wondering why the game stopped.

Looking to her friend “Bad guy doing something bad. I want to listen in to the grown ups.” She spoke simple knowing the mind in her friends head was cleaver but still that of a young foal.

Nightshade then looks out the balcony door seeing pink clouds and a rainbow tied in a bow. A spike of fear overtakes her. The thoughts of listening to the grown-ups were lost as she shivers till Cream Puff nuzzles her. “We beat the bad guy!”

Nightshade smiles and nuzzles back “No we can’t Discord is too strong.” She looks back at Luna “Even my mommy and aunt couldn’t stop him. Only the bearers of Harmony can... Twilight and her friends.” She hated having to say that, but it was the truth.

That when the talk of the adults caught her attention again. The reason her attention went back to the adults was because of one voice. Discord voice echoed off the walls and she turned her fear returning with a spike of terror.

“Well, well, well here I find all the royal family in one place.” The serpentine mix matching form of the Spirit of Chaos appeared with a flash of light.

Luna moved and stood over the two foals. “You will not harm my daughter Discord!”

Discord blinks and looks shocked even “Now now when have I ever harmed a foal. Really you harm me, Luna. After all, that little foal of yours is special. I know who she really is. All that beautiful chaos a thousand years ago. Destruction, mayhem, really Luna you and your Nightmare self done more harm to foals then I ever did.”

“That is debatable Discord. Random teleports, unstable environment, not even time was stable. One day a foal goes too far from home, and the next day they returned forty years older.” Celestia stated as she moves to stand guard beside her sister.

“Tomato, tomahto. Well, I’m here to offer a gift to you little foal, she did cause a bit of chaos after all.” With a snap of his tail, the third Alicorn reappeared full grown. This produces a gasp of shock by many of those in the room.

Nightshade was slightly larger than Luna. Royal purple with free-flowing dark purple mane and tail so dark they appear almost as black masses of shadows. Nightshade looks down to Cream Puff with a sad look.

The small foal scared her friend was now supersized ran from the Alicorns to the only other adult comfort the nanny zony stallion Peppermint Heart. Hiding behind the zony she peaked out looking at the full-grown Nightshade then to Discord.

A new emotion struck Nightshade thrusting the fear way, sadness. She took a few steps forward “Don’t do this to me Discord.”

“What... I figure you be happy. You are fully grown with all the magical might you had a thousand years ago. No waiting for your revenge.”

Celestia looked to Nightshade hearing Discord. The thought that Nightmare Moon would join the spirit of chaos caused her to panic for just a moment. Her ears fall back against her scalp and tail flicks.

“Revenge for a stupid plan? Stopping the moon so it always night not only would cause eternal darkness. The food crops will stop growing in eternal night, the seas will stop moving at the end of the tide, it would cause Equestria to freeze. Even with you controlling the Sun and Moon you won’t cause that kind of destruction.” She then looks to the terrified Cream Puff. “Besides that... I don’t have a foalhood of my own. Even if I remember the past it’s Luna’s foalhood.” Then looking at Discord “Please turn me back, don’t rob me of this.”

Discord snorts “Fine I prefer foals anyway.” Then a smile comes to his face “Indeed foals all around.” Then another snap Nightshade was a foal again.

She looked to her mother and sees Luna was a small foal the same age as her blue body light blue mane and tail. Celestia was also the same size with pink mane and tail. A gasp catches her attention there over where Cream Puff stood was the colt Peppermint Heart.

“Now if you excuse me I have some Chaos to spread. Poor Twilight is so heartbroken that her friendship breaking apart. Any moment now I will win, enjoy your foal hoods!” Laughing the spirit of chaos vanishes in a flash of light.

“What are we going to do? We all are foals” Celestia cried hiding her face in her wings and sniffling.

“We can play?” Cream Puff asks as she picked up Mr. Hops from when she dropped it.

Nightshade rolls her eyes at her aunt.

Peppermint stood up and headed to the kitchen area “I can make a potion that could... Huh..” He stopped right at the counter finding himself blocked by a forcefield.

“Foal proof security field Peppermint. None of us can go into the kitchen area.” Nightshade stated matter of fact.

“We can still play. The toys of over there.” Cream Puffs again tries to get the other foals to play.

Luna moves over to Celestia and nuzzles her “I’m sure Twilight will get everything fixed soon. She should have found the elements by now.”

Celestia bolted up gasping “OH NO TWILIGHT! He said she be heartbroken, he must have done something to her friends to break up the friendship. Without friendship, they can’t use the elements of harmony.”

“What are we going to do? We can’t stay here if she’s in trouble.” Luna asks.

“We can play...” mumbles Cream Puff.

“Twilight Sparkle, I’m sure she gives Discord some long-winded speech about friendship and then blast him. She’s good at those speeches.” Nightshade says as she went to Cream Puff and starts playing.

Celestia blinks “Twilight speeches? That reminds me of Twilight friendship scrolls. If we can send them back she could remind her friends of what their friendship means to them.”

“Really that way too many friends in that sentence.” Peppermint Heart says as he comes to the others.

Nightshade sighs “Oh how are you going to get to the scrolls?”

Celestia looks over “It down the hall to the solar tower shouldn’t take us to long.”

Luna’s ears lower “Down the hall that been twisted with Discord’s magic. Unlike you, I went through them. Two doors down are the door to the gardens.”

“But we are on the tenth floor...” a puzzled look comes to Celestia's face as she tries to figure out how the door just a few rooms away leads to the ground floor.

Nightshade says as she rolls a ball to Cream Puff. “She said Discord’s Magic aunt Celestia. The castle all twisted up with chaos.”

“Only one thing we can do. We have to make our way to Celestia chambers even if it’s through the chaos.” Peppermint speaks up as he gets a foal size saddle bag and starts putting things he might need into it. Then makes a face as he again looks to the kitchen. “I can’t get to my potion stuff...”

“We are coming too. Cream Puff it’s adventure time to grab Mr. Hops.” Nightshade smiles standing up and heading to the door. Cream Puff following along behind her “Yay adventure!”

“Where do you think you going? You two are just foals.” Luna eyes her daughter.

“So are you MOM. Besides what are you going to do leave us foals here without a grown up. I might have a more grown-up mind but Cream Puff still young in every way. Even if one of you stay, we are all foals.” Points to Celestia “She even cried like a baby!”

“DID NOT!”

“DID TOO!” Besides Nightshade Cream Puff nodded her head agreeing with her friend.

“Stop it both of you... alright seems we all need to go.”

After a quick search for anything, the foals could find that was useful the five left the suite. The first thing they saw was a sofa walking down the hall. It stopped to bark at them before chasing the end table.

Coming to the door two doors down from the suite Celestia horn lit up opening it. Sure enough, the hedge maze was in clear view.

“You just had to open the door.” Luna sighed looking out and spotting a balloon that was laughing.

“I was curious!” Celestia whined joining the herd.

“Sure you were auntie...” Nightshade rolls her eyes. “So mom where to you did say you went this way. How far till we come to the Solar tower suite?”

“If things haven’t changed there a picture we need to jump into. It’s a painting of the throne room, there a door just hidden in the picture to the right of the throne. That takes us to another hallway in the castle. Believe me, it was hard to find the way.”

“Your Majesty, how did you find the way in the first place?” Peppermint asks as he looks for the painting.

Luna looks puzzled a moment “Just felt a tugging sensation. Like I knew where Nightshade was.”

Nightshade hearing her name lifted her head “Is it because we were one?”

Peppermint Heart smiles “Or my guess little Princess, your Mother feeling her mother’s instincts kicking in. It a natural ability all Pony mothers have to instinctively know where the foal is. More so in Unicorns and Pegasus. Having foals that can teleport, or fly at fast speeds having a magical bond to the foal helps.”

“Here we are!” Luna calls out not sure if she wants the talk to continue or not as she leaps into the painting. Her body seems to shift to match the painting itself.

The others look at the painting of Luna waves them on. Shrugging her wethers Nightshade leaps in followed by Cream Puff.

“Oh, I feel all funny.” Cream Puff says looking at her painted body.

Following Luna as they make their way through the painting and out of a broom closet door. The hall they came to look normal.

“I don’t trust it. It’s quiet... too quiet.” Nightshade spoke up looking up and down the hallway.

“Don’t be silly Nightshade, everything is.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.” The floor under Luna’s hooves suddenly shifts opening a large pit that was so long it looked bottomless.

“MOMMY!” Nightshade’s horn lights up trying to grab hold of Luna but her magic wasn’t strong enough.

Celestia yells “LUNA YOU HAVE WINGS!”

From down in the pit, her soft voice echos... “Oh, I forgot.” Soon after Luna flys back up and lands on the solid floor.

Peppermint goes to the edge and looks down then across the gap. “Seems the floor was an illusion. The three of you have a flight, me and Cream Puff will have to stay.”

“No! Cream Puff comes with me.” Nightshade snorts and heads to a table and more importantly the shadow under it. Her horn lights up and the shadows seem to grow deeper and darker. Soon the two fillies vanish.

“What, where did they go?” Peppermint goes to the table and sticks his head into the shadows. Luna’s and Celestia’s view he appeared headless. His head was completely hidden by the darkness.

From the other side of the gap “Hurry up I can’t keep it open for long!” Nightshade stood there impatient stomping her purple hoof.

The other three soon went through the shadows and came out from behind a love seat.

“Interesting magic... how long you been keeping that secret?” Peppermint asked eyeing his royal charge suspiciously.

Nightshade bites her lower lip then sighs responding “Um, about the time mommy got that giant stuffed Ursa.”

Luna shook her head “All this time you could do that and kept it secret?”

“Well, it not like I can do it all the time. It takes a lot of magic I been trying to build it up.”

Celestia smiles “So you can get away from Gentle Breeze again?”

“Maybe...” Nightshade stops and looks around. “How we get on the ceiling?”

Hearing her all the other four foals stop and look about. Somehow they were on the ceiling of the hall or was it the hall upside down. With Discord, it was very hard to figure out.

Luna stops at a door “I think this is it. The hall didn’t turn upside down before we left.”

Celestia goes to the wall looking up at the door. “Hmm, this might be a problem.”

“Nope Mr. Hops got this.” Cream Puff horn lights up and the stuffed bunny fly down/up to the door handle and moves around it getting more grip than just magic alone. Then with clear strain on her face, she opens the door.

With a smug look, Cream Puff brings her stuffed bunny back. The five foals look into the room, then Peppermint goes to the wall and lowers down. “Climb up on me and into the room.”

Celestia smiles “Peppermint three of us can fly.” She starts flying and goes to pick him up over the foot high wall area between the door and the ceiling.

Luna goes to lift Cream Puff but she pushes the blue filly away. “NO, I go with Nightshade.”
Smirking Nightshade starts flying and lifts Cream Puff. Then all five enter the room and screamed as gravity flipped again and they find themselves falling to the floor.

Fear gripped Nightshade heart right before they connected. Then they bounced, the entire floor was changed into a bouncy castle floor. “Oh, this is fun! Mommy, I want a bouncy room!”

Luna sighed seeing her daughter doing flips with each bounce.

Celestia flew to her desk where the scrolls were kept. “That’s a lot of scrolls, what she been doing writing you every week?”

“Yeah, every single week. At least she learning about friendship.” With that Celestia cast her spell sending the scrolls back to spike.

“WE PLAY NOW!” Cream Puff yells in joy as she bounces right beside Peppermint Heart.
--------------

Time was hard to judge as all five of the pony foals bounced on and played. Then with a flash of white light all but Nightshade and Cream Puff were full grown again. Unfortunately, Cream Puff was high in the air when reality returned and she landed on the floor with a thump. Like any foal, she starts crying.

Peppermint rushes over and picks her up hugging her “Shoo I got you Cream Puff. Let me look at the boo boo.”

The full-grown Celestia looks at Luna. “So her mind still mature or was... that means when she peed on me the first day. She did it on purpose.”

“Oh sister, I knew that right after I enter her nightmare.”

With a flick of her tail and a huff. “Alright, I need to head to Ponyville and see if Twilight and her friends are alright.”