• Published 27th Apr 2019
  • 279 Views, 0 Comments

Cutie Mark Conversations - The_Flying_Hudson



Join the CMC on their conversations in their beloved Clubhouse throughout the series

  • ...
 0
 279

Post Season 1

It was Spring in Ponyville, and with spring came rain, lots of rain. It was mandatory for the weather Pegasi to schedule lots of rainfalls during this time. Because of this, a lot of plans to hang out among friends and families within this little village were put on hold. On hold until when could never be certain.

Sometimes the rain can catch ponies off guard, leaving them trapped in settings that could be awkward, cold, or overall inconvenient opposed to leaving themselves vulnerable to the freezing wet rain and risk getting the flu. An occasion of this happened not too long ago to 2 inhabitants of this village by the names of “Rarity” and “Applejack” who were forced to share the same roof together when it was clear they had a passionate disdain for each other at the moment. However there are lucky situations where ponies could find themselves trapped in the company of those they loved either platonically or romantically.

For 3 recently befriended little fillies during the pouring rain, they found themselves stuck together in their cozy little clubhouse that had been overhauled not too long ago.

A young filly Pegasus with an orange coat and purple mane lay on the clubhouse floor next to a yellow earth pony and a white unicorn sitting by the wall. The room was under pressure from the deafening silence that was driving the little fillies insane...until that silence was shattered by the loud crunching of the Pegasus filly nibbling on a chocolate chip cookie. Crumbs were crackling off with each bite and littering her coated chest, not that the messy filly minded.

“..do ya mind?” The filly earth pony asked with a high pitched southern accent, voice obviously drenched with annoyance.

“Mind what?” The Pegasus replied, voice slightly deeper than the other, full of rasp and completely oblivious.

“Yer crunchin is loud enough to intimidate an Ursa minor!” the yellow earth pony was wearing a pink bow on top of her red mane to accent the sass in her attitude.

“And your snoring is loud enough to make an Ursa major wet itself” the Pegasus instantly fired back.

“B-but that’s different!” the earth pony stammered out, face red. “Some ponies just can’t help it!”

“Well..” The orange filly scrunched up her muzzle, looking for a comeback. “IIIIII can’t help it either! Not if we’re all just gonna sit around here in silence, crunching doesn’t have a volume option y’know!”

The white unicorn finally perked up, her voice even higher than the yellow earth pony, that shouldn’t be possible, but believe it or not there was actually a pink pony in that village with a voice that was even higher than hers, if only by a few pitches….and that pony was a mare to top it off.

“Well what is there even to do, Scootaloo?” she scrunched her own muzzle up in frustration.

“We could play a game of 21..” Scootaloo suggested weakly.

“But you always win that game!” Blurted out the earth pony.

“It’s the only game I know HOW to play, Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo shouted in her own frustration. “I don’t know how to play CHESS like you and Sweetie Belle do!”

“CHECKERS. Not CHESS” Apple Bloom fussed, crossing her forelegs in a pout.

“WHATEVER!” Scootaloo joined in on the pout, crossing her own forelegs. There was quite a lengthy pause before it was broken once again, not by a pony eating, but a pony speaking.

“We could just….talk..” Sweetie Belle suggested quietly.

Scootaloo huffed and walked over to the window as the rain pelted against it. The freezing rain made the glass icy cold to the touch. “Talk about what..” she mutters.

“I dunno..the..raaaiinn?” Sweetie’s voice cracked at the end of her drawn out reply that sounded more of a question than a suggestion. As she does so she begins to scrunch her muzzle again due to being put on the spot as well as because of the crack in her voice. She never admitted it out of fear of being teased about it whenever it should happen, but her voice cracks were always rather embarrassing to her to some degree.

“What’s there to even tal-” Apple Bloom was cut short by a loud BANG on the window in front of Scootaloo. The little Pegasus squeaked in fright as she stumbled back and fell on her rump.

“What was that!?” She squealed.

Apple Bloom glared at her disapprovingly as Sweetie Belle tried to catch her breath from the scare. “The wind blew something into the window..”

Scootaloo picked herself up, blushing.

Sweetie Belle recovered “Well...What was it..?”

“An apple and three leaves. Nothing dangero-”

“THREE LEAF!?” Apple Bloom spluttered, jumping to her hooves and cutting Scootaloo off, this time it was her voice that cracked.

“...what?” The unicorn and Pegasus asked in unison. There was an awkward pause.

“Ngh..nothin’..just got reminded about...a...a nightmare...ah think...u-uh..forget ah said anythin’..” Apple Bloom shivered before gingerly sitting back down on the clubhouse floor.

“..Right..” Sweetie Belle began, a tad disturbed. “Anyway..I didn’t know the weather team scheduled high winds too..” She looked down at her hooves concerned, then peered up to Scootaloo, head still facing the floor. “..Do you think our clubhouse will be safe..?”

In Sweetie Belle’s young age, she may have had the most innocent and precious heart out of their trio. However she wasn’t the brightest of the 3 and tended to be rather slow, often missed a handful of social cues, and was a huge worrier. Scootaloo had known this for quite a long time now, having met Sweetie Belle ages before Apple Bloom. And because of this she knew how to handle situations where Sweetie Belle’s anxieties started to act up.

“Of course it will” Scootaloo began, putting her hoof around Sweetie Belle. “Remember when Applejack first introduced us to this place, and it was as if it hadn’t be touched in centuries? We restored this place into a modern work of art and improved it!”

“Y’mean ah did?” glared Apple Bloom, unamused.

“Ehh, details, details” Scootaloo waved her hoof dismissively at Apple Bloom. “Point is, this place was given the ultra epic “Crusaders Touch”! There’s no way this ship is going down!” Scootaloo finished with pride, putting a hoof on her chest with a look of determination.

“You really think so?” Sweetie Belle asked, with a weak smile, confidence rising.

“I know so” Scootaloo smiled.

“Thanks..” Sweetie smiled more genuinely, and gave Scootaloo a warm hug, causing the pegasus to smile awkwardly.

“Heh..uh..no problem..”

Apple Bloom smirked. “What’s wrong Scootaloo, scared of sediment?”

“Hey!” Scootaloo spluttered. “Don’t come for me with words I don’t understand the meaning of!”

Sweetie giggled at the two of them bickering, and promptly pulled them close, catching both of them by surprise.

There was a pause as Apple Bloom happily accepted the surprise group hug.

“Alright, alright, enough of the hugging already..” Scootaloo scrunched her muzzle up once more. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle giggled as they let go and sat back down.

“Hey.. y’all see that?” Apple Bloom halted the laughter with a raise of her hoof. The other two looked towards the windowsill of the clubhouse. The pelting of the rain was slowing down. The pelting was turning into more of a drizzle.

The three of them looked at each other with glee. All together they got up and went to the door. Upon opening it, they found to no surprise, that the front of the wooden door was soaked from the unrelenting rain.

A sudden bright shine from above ambushed them, causing them to shut their eyes, having not adjusted to the abrupt bright light. It took them a second to regain their bearings. But once they did, they opened their eyes, looked up to the skies and saw weather Pegasi marshaling the rain clouds out of the way of Celestia’s beautiful sun.

The sun’s comforting warmth warmed the crusaders coats, like a nice warm towel being wrapped around them lovingly by their guardians after getting out of a cold swimming hole.

They stood together in the sun's warmth for a few moments, before their young ambitious minds took over. Eager to get back to crusading, the 3 of them ran to Scootaloo’s scooter, which was still hooked to Sweetie Belle’s wagon.

Both scooter and wagon were soaked from the heavy rainfall, but it wasn’t enough to deter the 3 fillies from getting back to their big crusade to find their longed for cutie marks. After their helmets were fastened, they took off towards the town of ponyville, for another epic attempt to find their special talent.

Author's Note:

..And so ends the season 1 edition of this new series.

This is my first attempt ever at writing a fanfic, so of course it's gonna suck. Tho if this is well received, I'll continue through seasons 2-8.

I don't have much else to say, other than Constructive criticism (I.E. Not just: "This sucks and here's why".) is more than welcome, I want to know how to improve y'know. And Thank you for reading!

(PS, bonus points to whoever get's the reference to a certain classic brony game from 2011)

-Scooter

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment