• Published 22nd Apr 2019
  • 597 Views, 2 Comments

Call Of The Hyooman - AmanDash



Scootaloo and co. head to another adventure into the Everfree, meanwhile Sunburst discovers some threatening mysteries...

  • ...
1
 2
 597

Cutie Mark Crusaders Mapmakers Yay!

Author's Note:

With OOC Diamond Tiara. Because why not.

"Hurry up, Apple Bloom! We don't have all day!"

"Ah don't know Scootaloo, yer plan seems mighty dangerous. At least we should buy proper equipment. Ah won't just pick the cheapest stuff to abandon me in time of need."
"Seriously? You have been searching the store for half an hour now, just for a torch! Even Sweetie Belle has picked hers."

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah! Ah'm lookin fer a torch which can endure rough circumstances. We are planning an expedition to unknown regions of Equestria."
"Well, I suggest you Maglite 3D Cel. It operates with 3 rechargeable Magic containers, which emit light identical to Princess Celestia's sunlight in a focused beam. It has a sturdy metal exterior which protects it from damage while accidentally dropping it. It is water resistant, and can operate up to 79 hours with one charge."
"Thank you sir, Ah might consider buying this one. What do you say girls?"
"Uuuuuh. It is rather heavy, don't you think?"
"Ya know Sweetie Belle, heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. Even if it doesn't work, you can always hit with it. Ah'm buying it."
"That will be 90 bits."
"Thank you Sir."

"Sooo, now we have everything we need, yeah?"
"Food, check. Tent, check. Compasses, check. Notebooks, check. Pencils, check. Knives, check. Crossbows and arrows, check. Torches, check. Camouflage clothing, check. Making sure that none of us has turned into a purple alicorn, check."
"Great! We can start tomorrow early in the morning."
"Ah don't know, Scootaloo. Shouldn't we tell our big sisters where we are leaving? Ah mean, yeah, we are our own mares and all, but no pony even knows where we are going, just that we are leaving. And where we are heading IS dangerous. In fact, we don't even know what is there. Nopony does."
"Apple Bloom is right. I will tell Rarity that we are heading to the Everfree Forest. In fact, we should tell it to Twilight also, so she can forward our plan to Princess Celestia."
"Girls! They would never let us go there on our own, you know that. I don't have the patience to deal with the whining of your sister for days. And seriously, Princess Celestia with us hiking? Hay no."
"What do you have against her, Scootaloo? She is the most powerful Princess, for pony's sake."
"I bet. She is also the most moderate one who would turn us back at the first sight of a sleeping timberwolf. We have to do this by ourselves. Think of what Equestria could profit from our expedition! Think of the fame and fortune we could achieve once we mapped the unknown regions! We could be the heroes of Equestria! The only question is, are you in, or are you out?"
"Uuugh. Fine. I am in."
"Me too. Ah think it is mighty dangerous, not to mention we are breaking a law, but Ah won't let you face this all alone."
"Thank you girls. So, tomorrow at 6 am?"
"Yeah."

"Hello. Where are you heading tomorrow morning?"
"Diamond Tiara? What brings you here?"
"Shopping. Are you going on a tour?"
"Maybe we are, maybe we aren't."
"Come on, Scootaloo. You can tell me, I'm just curious. You know, I have never been to a tour into the wild yet. Where are you going?"
"Look, DT, this is none of your business. Just leave us alone."
"Ugh, fine. Just tell me about it when you return. I would be thrilled to hear about your adventures."
"Sure."

To her surprise, Diamond Tiara had a very bad feeling for a moment. They were never really friends in school, but over time, she has learned to respect the strength of their friendship and their determination. Now she was struck with a passing thought. "What if this was the last time I saw them?" She dismissed the thought.
After all, not counting Apple loom, they all had weird jobs and have returned from quite a few adventures already. After school, Scootaloo founded a scooter stunt team. They were not Equestria-famous yet, but their shows provided a decent income. Sweetie Belle found fashion and regular clothing too boring to her tastes, so she began to produce costumes for Nightmare Night, cosplayers and masqueraders. Apple Bloom was the odd one out of the trio: she remained loyal to Sweet Apple Acres, and has become a competent farmpony just like her elder sister. However, their jobs never hindered them from taking various adventures together. They would come back. They always came back.