• Published 19th Apr 2019
  • 5,230 Views, 57 Comments

Tempting Shadow - Element of Power



Arriving in a strange world, you, a musician, stumble upon a unicorn named Tempest Shadow. As you grow closer to her, it reveals a growing love.

  • ...
13
 57
 5,230

Chapter 6

*THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP*
"Hello!"

You lazily look over to the door, one eye slowly blinking after the other. You would get up, but you didn't really feel like it. Too bad Tempest was upstairs. Whoever was outside would just have t-

*POP*
"Hey can I come in?" Twilight asks. She just teleported. Into the house.

"Uh, I-"

"Thanks!" She walked over to the door, and opened it for two more ponies. The first to come in looked like a guard, dressed in armor and everything. He immediately looked around, confirming your theory. Once he was inside, he moved to the side for the second pony.

This pony was a bit taller than both the guard and Twilight, but was still shorter than the land's two celestial rulers. She was pink, with darker pink wings, had a purple, pink, and white mane, while sporting a small crown behind her horn.

'So, all the rulers are alicorns. I guess that will make it easier to remember.' you think while lifting yourself from the couch.

Twilight steps forward and takes it upon herself to introduce them to me. "These two are my brother, Prince Shining Armor; and my sister in law, Princess Cadence."

'Just how many ponies rule here?' you think. Already, there was the two alicorns that lived in Canterlot; the ones who could move the Sun and Moon. Then there were these two, though you had no idea what they ruled over. Finally, there was Twilight; who is related to royalty, while also being a student of royalty.'I guess I should be careful of whoever I talk to.'

You decide to talk first. "So, where are you from? As far as I know, there are only two Princesses that rule here."

Cadence walked forward and cleared her throat, before speaking. "Well, that's because we rule over the Crystal Empire in the Frozen North."

"So, if Celestia-"

"Princess Celestia." Twilight interrupts. You take a deep breath. "So, if Princess Celestia and Princess Luna each control the Sun and Moon, what do you represent?"

Cadence smiles and says, "Well, I am the Princess of Love." You think about this new information. "So, you just ship everyone?"

Shining Armor interrupted, "Actually, she just grows and increases love between ponies. She's still getting over her addiction to shipping. Right Cady?"

Cadence starts to visibly sweat. "R-Right, of course!" she shakes her head, then composes herself again. "And of course, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. Isn't that right Twilight?" You notice that Twilight cringes slightly.

'Wait...', you look at her again. She has wings too. 'How did I not notice this'. That obviously makes her a Princess.

You see Tempest start to come downstairs, then you notice Cadence. She looked at you, then Tempest, then made a face. Like she knew something. Like how Spongebob knew Squidward likes Krabby Patties. You try not to sweat at the attention. When Tempest joins you, Shining Armor noticeably tenses. It seems that Tempest can't escape other's fear of her past.

Cadence looked over to the guitar next to the couch. "Oh, you can play?" she excitedly asked. Tempest interrupts, adding, "He's really good too." Cadence looks at you. "Is that true?" You feel awkward, lightly nodding. "Then, can you play for us now?" she starts fidgeting in her seat.

"Um, no not right now." Cadence shrieks in anger nods. "Well, there is a music competition back in the Crystal Empire. You could sign up!"

You do like the sound of that, but you aren't sure. Shining Armor looked at the clock on the wall, then got up. "I'm sorry to put a stop to the visit, but we have to be going if we want to get home."

He ever so subtly glares at Tempest one last time, before the two of them walk out the door. Twilight soon followed, giving a cheerful "See you later!" before teleporting past the open door.

Closing the door, Tempest looks back at you. "You should really try playing at that competition. You are really good, it wouldn't hurt to go."

You think back to your time on Earth. You practiced a lot, and you did love playing. This could get you in the swing of things.

"I don't know..." you hesitate. She then looks at you, freezing you with adorable puppy eyes. some people can ignore this. Unfortunately, you are not that person. You sigh. "Alright, I guess it would be fun."

She beams at this. "So, what some will you play?" You think for a moment, before saying, "It's a surprise. I do know that I need a DJ of sorts to help with background music."

Tempest thinks then exclaims, "Oh, is that it? You know that music shop we went to before? The one where we bought your guitar? The mare that works there, her name is Vinyl Scratch. She's also a DJ. Maybe you could ask her for help."

"That's perfect! Hopefully she has the right equipment."

"Then GO!" she laughs, pushing you out the door. You briskly walk to town, looking around for the shop you went to earlier. After a few minutes, you see it. Jogging over, you go in immediately looking around for Vinyl. You see her at the counter, looking high bored*(see Author's Note).

"Hey!" She looks up, before smiling lightly. "Ah, you're the human who got a guitar. How's that treating you?"

'It's good." You reply. "But that's not exactly why I'm here. Princess Cadence told me about a music competition in the Crystal Empire. I decided to sign up, but my song needs a DJ to play the music in the back. I was told that you are also a professional DJ, so I'm asking whether or not you would like to perform with me?"

She stood there thoughtfully, though you couldn't tell with the shades on her face. "First, did you really decide, or did someone force you?"

"Fine Tempest convinced me to do it." She smirked. "Thought so. Anyway, of course I'll help. I haven't had a lot of gigs lately, so this can help. I'll just get Tavi to run the shop."

"Who?"

She shakes her head." Nothing. Now, show me how the music goes."

You show her the song, and the two of you spend 3 hours practicing. Once you are sure that the both of you have got it down, you help her load up her equipment onto a train. Even though she has magic to carry them, you still felt like helping.

"Alright, see you there." She waves, before boarding the train. You watch the train go by, before returning to Tempest's home.

She was already waiting for you to get back. "So, did she agree?" You nod. "Of course. She agreed, we practiced, and now she's on her way to the Crystal Empire. In fact, we should be heading there now." You reach over and grab your guitar, while Tempest puts her saddlebag on.

As the two of you walk down the road to the train station, ponies still stare, except you and Tempest are too excited to care. Arriving at the station, the two of you buy tickets. When you move to get on the train, you notice the 6 ponies from before; Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity. Next to them is Celestia, Luna, and Spike.

Celestia was first to step up. "Well, I hope you enjoy yourselves in the Crystal Empire. Good luck with the competition." At this, everyone else started shouting good luck. You say goodbye, then you and Tempest board the train. Outside the window, you still see them waving you off.

Author's Note:

*“Markiplier does not condone the smokage of any herbal substances. ” :facehoof:
-Markimoo
Next Chapter coming reeeeeaal soon. Like, in a couple of hours.