• Published 19th Apr 2019
  • 5,227 Views, 57 Comments

Tempting Shadow - Element of Power



Arriving in a strange world, you, a musician, stumble upon a unicorn named Tempest Shadow. As you grow closer to her, it reveals a growing love.

  • ...
13
 57
 5,227

Chapter 5

"Um... Hi."

You hear Tempest say your name, then you remember what just happened.

You practically leap out of bed, wide eyed while pushing against a wall. The ponies were all looking at you with amused faces, while Tempest was bright red with embarrassment.

"That wasn't- I- we didn't-!" you stammered, still not sure of what may or may not have happened while you were asleep.

Tempest also jumps up, while you notice the rest of the ponies either quietly giggling, like the tall white one, or rolling around laughing, like Rainbow Dash.

Then the tall white one stepped forward, a smile still on her face. "Hello, I am Princess Celestia. I can assure you that nothing happened, you only hugged Tempest just five minutes ago."

"Though I can't say what might have happened if you did it longer." The tall blue one says with a smirk on her face.

"Luna..."

The blue one pouts."Fine. My name is Princess Luna, Ruler of the Night."

You nod at them, then bow saying "Good morning, your Majesties.", but Celestia shakes her head, saying "No, none of that. Right now, we should all go downstairs and discuss your presence."

You all leave the room, Celestia leading the way with you and Tempest in the back. You can't stop feeling nervous, so you start to scratch her head. The same effect from before took hold of her, putting her in a state of bliss. She almost tripped down the stairs until you stopped.


It was pretty short, but Celestia and Luna asked and answered questions, both about you and what you will do. It was decided that you would stay with Tempest, having already stayed there. They all left for their homes leaving you with Tempest.

"Well, since we're awake now, we have to go into the market for some food." Tempest commented, getting a saddlebag. You thought you heard some fear in her voice, but followed her anyway.

As you walked farther into town, she talked less and less. Even more, you noticed the odd looks of the other ponies, surprisingly mostly directed to her. "Hey Tempest," you start, "why does everyone seem so, skittish?"

She tenses at this, but then shakily says "It's nothing." even though you can tell it's obviously not 'nothing'. You go stall to stall with her, picking up various fruits and vegetables, including meat from a stall run by a weird pony with bat wings.

All along the way, ponies are staring, whispering to each other, or sending glares at Tempest's direction. For some reason, it really angers you, but you try to calm yourself from confronting them.

That is, until you clearly hear someone say, "What is that thing. And Tempest? Why is she even here?". That was the final straw. You stomp over to the mare that spoke and loomed over her. She slowly looked up, her legs shaking.

"Do you have anything to share?" you spoke menacingly. She quickly shook her head, still shivering. Huffing, you go back to Tempest, who looked at you with a blush. The both of you continued the errands, while the ponies around were all minding their own business.

While you walked along, you notice a music shop. Stopping to look, there is an amazing guitar in the window. Looking closer you realize something. That guitar looked exactly like a Synyster Gates guitar . Though you don't understand how ponies could have it, or even play it, you can't stop imagining yourself playing it. Maybe even playing a song for Tempest.

She noticed you looking and asked, "You know how to play the guitar?"

"Yeah, back home I loved playing it."

She started walking into the store. "Well, then let's get it." You stood with a shocked face, slightly shaking your head. "You don't have to do this."

"I know, but I want to get you something, and I would love it if you could play for me."

You smile. 'Me too.' You think to yourself.

The two of you walk in, looking around for the owner. Then you spotted her. She was a white pony, with an electric blue mane and big, purple sunglasses that were almost like goggles. You grab the guitar and take it to the counter. The pony looked at it.

"Sweet, that's the one you want?" You were caught off guard by the pony's attitude. Most of them were afraid of you, but this one didn't seem to care.

"Um, sure."

While Tempest paid, you looked around the music store. It had all types of instruments and such. This is definitely someplace you might visit again.

You heard Tempest say "Alright, let's go." You followed her, still feeling weird about the fact that she paid for your guitar, but you decided to make it up to her by playing her a song when you got home. When you walked through the doors, you noticed more than a few ponies crowding the area around the shop, staring and whispering once again.

You both walk off, and you notice her pace pick up, getting home faster than before.

You both walk through the door, before she quickly slams it. She's frantically pacing and starting to hyperventilate before you grab her, keeping her still. "Tempest, please tell me what's wrong." you ask her. Her eyes widen as she tried to deny it. "It's n-"

"Tempest."

She sighed. "Before you came here, I did some really bad things." The both of you sit on the couch, while you listen in closely to the story.

She tells you about her childhood, the tragic accident with her horn, and running away from home. She starts to cry while speaking, tears running down her cheeks and matting her fur.

She talks about her time working for the Storm King, the big plan, and taking over Equestria. Finally, she talks about the Element Bearers, who were the ponies they talked to earlier. They were the ones that stopped her, while also saving her.

When the story ends, Tempest doesn't speak, never lifting her head from staring at the ground. You reach out, and pull her into a hug. Feeling her breathing return to normal, you talk to her. "Hey, it's okay." You feel tears dropping onto your back, but you don't care. "That's in the past. You learned from your mistake, and now you have a better life, with friends to call family."

The both of you stay like that for a few minutes, before pulling back. She still has wet fur under her eyes, but she is smiling. You smile back before saying, "Now, how about I give you that song you wanted."

You walk over to the guitar, pulling it up to your arms, before sitting by Tempest again. She looks to you , smiling and waiting. You nod, before starting.




As you sing, you notice the sounds of the other instruments in the air, playing along causing you to wonder, but you forget about that when you see Tempest, swaying to the song, her eyes closed in peace. It made your heart lighter, seeing her like that.

As you finished the song, she opened her eyes to look at you.

"Thank you. That was beautiful." she said.

Right before you could thank her, she reached up and lightly kissed your lips. You looked back at her, seeing her blushing face, before kissing back tenderly. The both of you stayed like this, enjoying that one moment for ages. When you finally pulled apart. You could see in her eyes what was also in your heart.

'Love' you think.

She yawns, before climbing onto your body, and laying down, her head nuzzling under your chin. You put the guitar down, before wrapping your arms around her for a hug, and laying down as well. As you drift off, you faintly hear her murmur, "I- I love you.".

Your heart leaps at this. "I love you too, Tempest." The both of you snuggle closer, before falling asleep.

Author's Note:

Finally, I actually got my shit together and finished it. I'm surprised my lazy ass was even able to finish the chapter.:rainbowlaugh::facehoof: