• Published 23rd Jul 2019
  • 2,183 Views, 20 Comments

One Drink Too Far - Equimorto



On one seemingly peaceful evening, Twilight decides to pay Rarity a visit, meaning to chat with her and maybe ask about her thoughts on that book she lent her. Unfortunately, it appears she might have chosen the wrong time for her visit.

  • ...
8
 20
 2,183

One Too Many Bottles

The door slid open with a creak.

"Rarity? Hello?" Twilight called, walking in. "The door was open and-Oh. Hi."

Rarity distractedly turned her head towards the alicorn from her sitting position in front of the table. "Hi, Twilight," she said, before turning her attention back to the glass half-filled with wine floating in front of her.

"Huh..." Twilight stammered as she walked in. "Is this not a good time? I can come back later if you want."

"No no, you can stay, darling."

Twilight glanced around the room, biting her lower lip. "Okay." She took a couple of steps forwards. "So, huh... Have you finished that book I gave you?"

Rarity didn't turn, her tone apathetic. "I did. 'Tis not good, 'tis not good." She eyed the glass still floating in front of her. Then, with a shrug, she took out a bottle of vodka from beneath the table, downed the last remaining contents in a single sip and threw the bottle behind her, where it landed on the ground and broke into pieces.

Twilight watched the scene, uncertain of what to say and beginning to regret her decision to come there.

Rarity stared at the glass, tilting it from side to side and watching the red wine inside it slosh around. "I was blind, Twilight. But now! Now I see the light." She stopped moving the glass, gave another shrug and drank it all. She then threw the glass away as well. "It's word vomit. A mindless amalgamation of the author's beliefs, beliefs he simply drank in from others who possess actual depth of thought and then parroted and spewed out once more. It's not deep, it sounds deep because he attached himself like a leech to far better thinkers than himself, but there's no thought. That paraphiliac piece of shit. He and his so called friends deserve to burn in Hell." She slumped forward and began to quietly hum something, the words slurred together. "nfct twscl t arl fallout, wry thing's ndrc ntrl..."

Twilight looked down, embarrassed, her cheeks flushed, and considered whether it was right to leave, or if she should have helped her friend before she got worse.

"...t'tv prcrsd, jst pay tday, jstp ytd..." Rarity kept sing-songing, face still pressed against the table.

Twilight gave a cough and tried to politely get on her way to leave the house, still unsure of how to properly take care of the situation.

"...n'd I, Iknw't knt go on, frbdn sgns'ncrs..."

Twilight stopped and turned back around. "Did you say someth-"

"BORN IN A MOURNING HALL!" Rarity shouted, throwing herself back up, hooves held high, and pushing her chair and herself away from the table. She tried to get up from the chair and fell to the ground, then slowly got back up on wobbling legs. "Sinner. Criminal. Murderer!"

Twilight looked at her, puzzled and worried.

"He's a murderer!" the unicorn continued, shakily moving forward. She paused. "No, worse, far worse."

"What?" Twilight asked.

"Not a murderer of creatures, no. What is a life worth, after all? No, no, he murders an idea! A far worse crime. A flash of genius, and he chains it, he traps it in the cage of his own obsessions and fears, he forever ties it to the world of filth he was too afraid to leave!" Rarity stumbled towards Twilight once more, and fell forward towards the alicorn.

Twilight jerked forward to catch the unicorn in her legs. Looking down at her, she worriedly asked, "Are you alright?"

Rarity looked up with hazy eyes. "Let's fuck. Can we fuck right now? Let's fuck right now."

Twilight's face went crimson, and she almost dropped Rarity. "I-Eh-I-What? I-I mean, I thought you weren't into mares, and I-What?"

Rarity pouted, shaking herself out of Twilight's grasp. "Well, what's the problem if I'm into stallions? Can't you just give yourself a cock?" She almost fell to the side, and caught herself just in time. "Yeah, you can, right? You're great at magic. Just give yourself a cock and fuck me," she said, turning around and heading back for the table.

Face still red, Twilight pursed her lips in anger. "Rarity! You're drunk, stop this nonsense and just go to sleep." She more quietly added, "Please."

After a couple of failed attempts at throwing herself up on the table and spreading her hind legs, rarity stopped. "Have you seen garbage, Twilight?"

"What?"

"Garbage, Twilight. I've seen it. There's so much of it. It's all the same, Twilight." Rarity turned, and screamed, "It's all the same!" She stomped her hoof on the ground. "Always the same! Always the same lies! Always the same things! They're all the same, all of them, and I hate them. I hate them, I hate them, I fucking hate them!" Tears started to fill her eyes.

"Who are you talking about?" Twilight almost yelled, confused and almost scared for her friend.

Rarity stopped. Her expression grew more relaxed, and she looked down at the ground. "But I will win, Twilight," she said in an eerily calm tone. "I have seen the light. I have seen an angel on this earth, and I know that the path exists." She turned and walked up to a set of drawers near the wall. She flung one open, and started to rummage through the contents, throwing much of what she found behind her with her magic.

Twilight moved towards her. "Rarity, what are you-"

"Here!" Rarity shouted, turning and holding up a picture with feverish excitement. "Look!" she almost yelled at Twilight, holding the picture in front of her.

Twilight looked. "I... This is a picture of a writer, yes? I've read some of her stuff. Why is it-"

Rarity broke into a laugh. She let the picture fall, and walked back to the centre of the room. "It's here, Twilight. It exists! Heaven!" She turned towards the alicorn, her expression serious for a moment. "I don't think it's right to wish for them to suffer. But I look at the facts, Twilight. Her. She lives. They are always failing. They are always begging. She exists. She's proof!"

"What are you-"

"I can see it Twilight! I rise above them, and they are left behind, crawling in the cradle of filth they have built for themselves. But the day comes, Twilight. Their castles of lies crumble to the ground, and all can see that they were wrong! Always needing each other, to repeat their own lies to one another, to help each other for the sake of preserving the foolish conviction that they were right! But it ends, truth wins, and they are crushed by the world they hid themselves from, and the false one they created is wiped away forever! This is Justice!" Rarity yelled.

Twilight stared at the unicorn.

Rarity paused, and looked ahead, eyes unfocused. She whispered, "I am God." Trembling, she stood up on her hind legs and spread her front legs. "Bow before me." She fell back to the ground, and there she lay, in a fetal position, half-asleep and giggling to herself.

Comments ( 20 )

Um.

~Skeeter The Lurker

I have no idea what I just read but I think I need an adult.

:facehoof: Spike your God needs you....
:moustache: really?
:twilightangry2: pound some sense into her
:moustache: what?
:twilightangry2: Just F her! You know how do THAT don't you?
:moustache: on it!
:raritycry: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... Spikey!
:moustache: You're different without a Snickers bar
:twilightoops:

Was that some blind guardian tossed in that mumbling?

9746623
It seems like she's singing the lyrics to Born in Mourning Hall, only slurred out. It does sound like it when you try to read her mumbling out loud.

9746290
I agree wholeheartedly

... Did Rarity just drink herself into a state of meta-awareness to critique your work even as you wrote her, or was she just white mare wasted?

Or both. Both is an option.

Short and amusing.

Nothing worse than a mean drunk that waxes philosophical.

I should know.

Eh, we've all been that drunk. I ended up three states away afterwords though.

9746290
this^
-
And if E621 is any judge, yes Twilight can do that.
There are a few things you want to unsee. But you can't.

...as it was written in the Book of Cyril :eeyup:

I like the sudden proposition she gives twilight. I headcanon Rarity as heteroflexible.

9836078
What pony porn is on E621 that isn’t already on Derpibooru?

9764368
Story time?

10719084
I will only say I ended three states away. My car ended up four states away. In the opposite direction. Before cell phones.

10719084
Don't know. The only time I've gone to Derpibooru is when I follow a link from another website.

10719478
Maybe you tried hitching a ride with aliens or something.

10719707
Who knows? I was blackout drunk.

10719478
Oh man, that’s quite a night you don’t remember!

Login or register to comment