• Published 9th Oct 2019
  • 2,065 Views, 183 Comments

The GATE - scifipony



When an inter-dimensional gate opens between Sweet Apple Acres and rural California, Twilight must act quickly before any creature gets hurt, pony or invader.

  • ...
23
 183
 2,065

16 - Plan into Action (Crescendo)

Twilight Sparkle

I breathed a sigh of relief when the last scout returned. We waited just around the bend on the road to Sweet Apple Acres. Clouds lightly jostled above, but clumped loosely such that some moonlight filtered down. The farm was situated amongst rolling hills and it was apparent that the clouds gathered only around the farm, which probably disconcerted the bipeds, assuming they noticed. Probably couldn't have noticed, but I've been told I was way too observant by too many ponies, but it was just a guess.

The bipeds seemed to have retreated to the farm, according to the scouts. Rainbow Dash had visited briefly to say she'd seen some return from the orchards and seen none leave. Together with the pegasus guard, after a discussion of what I might call for, she'd returned to shuffle clouds about to conceal any shadows from the ground.

I looked from Starlight to Trixie. The blue mare had her fight face on, but I knew her determined glare was a performance. I handed her Fix All's tool to hold in her magic; it resembled a large tree pruner. I said, "The stakes pounded into the dirt floor are 'grounding' AJ like a lightning rod. A teleport will fail because the spell thinks it has to move the entire world. Cut the cables holding AJ down first."

"O-kay."

I lit my horn and told them both, "Rainbow Dash said they've illuminated the interior of the barn, so let your eyes adjust, first, by looking at my light... Okay. Starlight, when you're ready..."

Author's Note:

Your up (or down) vote really helps the visibility of this story. Thank you for voting as soon as you are ready; many of you have!

Despite the adventure and cliffhangers, this is also a thought piece. Feel free to engage and comment.