• Published 9th Oct 2019
  • 2,065 Views, 183 Comments

The GATE - scifipony



When an inter-dimensional gate opens between Sweet Apple Acres and rural California, Twilight must act quickly before any creature gets hurt, pony or invader.

  • ...
23
 183
 2,065

14 - Plan into Action (Prelude)

Princess Celestia simply sent me on my way. She didn't ask what my plan was, or why.

She didn't even tell me to be careful!

Her confidence confused the horse apples out of me.

As I trotted toward the reception area, I knew I did have a plan. I did feel focused. One could never do enough analysis, but having seen AJ tied up in the barn changed everything. When Lord Tirek had attacked Equestria, the princesses had guided me. They had given me their alicorn magic to hide and then use as necessary, but they had guided me. It wasn't until I'd encountered Lord Tirek hunting me that I'd become focused. When he had destroyed my home, and almost killed Owlicious, I'd stopped second guessing myself and became the embodiment of action.

We might have fought for days to a draw, destroying most of the farms of the northeastern Ponyville plain, but then Lord Tirek had conjured my friends and proven my choices hollow.

Now.

Yes, I'd had a few battles and many trials since that day, but it was a lesson learned that I didn't necessarily do the best thing when I followed my instincts. Even if in the end it taught me an essential lesson about friendship that led to the monster's ultimate defeat, Cozy Glow aside.

Through the glass doors, I found the pegasus guard at parade rest outside. I said, "Two of you, stay with her highness. The rest follow me," I said, jumping into the sky.

Starlight followed me, encased in her magic aura. "What are we doing?"

"Freeing Applejack. I need two unicorns that can teleport."

"And by that, you mean Trixie. I figured you'd learned about the cutie map."

I nodded. "Yes, I mean Trixie. It's unexpected that she's a high level unicorn, but I'll take it. How good is she?"

She smiled that quirky way we she did when she talked about a counseled student who'd done well. "Her aim isn't good, and she's better able to send things than to move herself, but she's progressing. Something tells me that you don't care where she teleports afterward, so long as it's away."

"Correct. But first we need to stop at Fix All's mechanic shop."