• Published 15th Apr 2019
  • 3,135 Views, 100 Comments

Hoof and Claw Versus the World - Chythar



What if Nightmare Moon wasn't defeated, but came to our world and tried to conquer us? Join her and her brony minion as they first try to conquer Southern California, then the world!

  • ...
16
 100
 3,135

PreviousChapters
Epilogue

"It was over. For real this time."

I read those words over and over for several long seconds. It was hard to believe that the meaning behind them was actually true. I shook my head to break out of my stupor, then saved my work and closed the laptop. I stared at the computer for a few moments, then slowly leaned back in my chair. While I still had some editing left to do, I knew that the story of my time with Nightmare Moon was finally complete.

I stared out the one window in the room for what felt like an age. It had an impressive view of Canterlot that I never got tired of. My ears twitched at the familiar sound of metal shoes on marble, and I knew that the love of my life had returned.

"Taking a break?"

"Nope, all done."

"Truly?"

"Yup. Well, I need to edit up the last chapters a bit but the core story is there."

"Excellent news! I am sure it will be a bestseller in both your world and mine."

"Maybe. When you convinced me to write my memoirs on our attempt to conquer Earth, I admit I wasn't sure anyone would want to read it."

Luna leaned in to nuzzle my cheek.

"I hope that the interest shown by publishers both on Earth and here in Equestria have convinced you otherwise."

"I guess. But you do realize that ponies would buy any book involving you? You could narrate a trip to the bathroom, including all the grunts and groans and sounds and smells, and it would sell out in minutes."

Luna let out an adorable giggle, and my heart melted into a pile of goo.

"I am well aware."

"Oh! I decided to leave the comments you made in the story, and added my own."

"Oh? The words I put in using blue ink? Those were intended just for you, and not your readers."

"I know. But I thought they were funny, and might give the readers a little hint as to who was writing the story."

"Well, they were not private so you may leave them in if you wish.

"Ah, I have just remembered. After reading your story, I was reminded of something I did under my guise of Nightmare Moon. Something that I should apologize to you for."

"Oh? Which one? I can think of quite a few."

Luna smacked me on the arm with her wing.

"Smart-donkey.

"But in truth, I did wrong you back when we had just met. If you remember the time, when you asked your friends for help and none would do so?"

"Yessss...what did you do?"

"I had been watching you for some time beforehand, and I had sent my Shadowbolts to follow your companions home. When you were blocked from entering your home, it was a simple matter to threaten their well-being and guarantee that they would not offer you any assistance."

"Is that why none of them wanted to help me when I got evicted? I thought that they were just shitty friends!"

"I cannot say as to the quality of your companions. However, most did acquiesce to my demands quite easily."

"Huh. You fucked with my life pretty bad, didn't you? Just to get me to join you? Did you get me evicted too?"

"Nay, that was of your own doing. I merely saw an opportunity and made use of it."

"I see. Well, apology accepted I guess. It was so long ago it doesn't matter anymore."

Luna leaned in and kissed me softly.

"Thank you, my love.

"Ah! I almost forgot. The Human delegation has arrived, and Celly has asked us to get ready for the reception."

"It'll be weird to see Humans again, after being here in Canterlot for so long. I've gotten used to dealing with ponies."

"I can imagine. I have brought you the suit you shall wear tonight. It is your best suit, the one that matches my coat. I intend to show off my fine feline fiancé, after all."

Oh, yeah. That. I gotta say, life has been pretty good since I came to Equestria to live with Luna.

"Do I have to wear that one? It itches!"

"Then bring it to Rarity to have it adjusted. She is here in Canterlot today to help us look our best this evening."

"Alright."

I got up from my chair and took the suit out of Luna's magic, then draped it over a furred arm. I leaned over to give my love a soft kiss on her lips, then gestured towards the doorway.

"Ready?"

Luna nodded.

We turned to leave the small room in Canterlot Castle that I had turned into a study, and closed the door behind us.

FIN

Author's Note:

After nearly an entire year, this fanfic is finally complete. Thank you all for reading and commenting!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 9 )

i hope there ill be a sequel

Thanks for the read my dude! Looking forward to more works from you!

Good work and fic... Did you think about a sequel? side-stories of slice-of-life style, maybe meet Discord, Sombra, etc Or just see how life is for the new couple

The story wasn’t perfect but it’s definitely one of the better ones on this site

finally got through this story. Gotta say, i really enjoyed it. It was awesome seeing just how close they came to ruling America. I admit, i did see celestia entering in when she did in advance, but the whole ordeal with the elements of harmony was well done. Overall, this was a great story. Definately a story i can see myself rereading again.

Came into this story a little late, but I had a hard time putting it down. Really enjoyed this one; hope to see more of these two at some point or another.

How have I not found this yet? Well then! 'Proceeds to chapter 1'

Your writing is quite good, nice pacing and grammar. I like your characterization of Nightmare Moon, Josh is a bit of a cliche though. But your furry fetish is a bit too on the nose here dude, that cat transformation was beyond contrived. I also liked how tanks initially wrecked Luna, but after that she turns into a total Mary Sue with a spell for everything. I thought the story would be about how Luna tries and hilariously fails to conquer Earth, but you boy was I wrong... You made Nightmare, and magic in general, way too overpowered compared to humans. Ain't no way she should or could even come close to conquering Earth. I'll commend you for actually having a good ending. Usually stories like that have the villain win and take over Earth and I hate those with a fiery passion. These humans should plaster anti-magic generators all over the world to defend themselves against any future equestrian menace, instead of relying on ponies to save them again like a helpless baby.

Man, great work, truly! I'm surprised this story doesn't have more likes and watches.

Login or register to comment