• Published 15th Apr 2019
  • 6,574 Views, 342 Comments

One Punch Mare - Komponist



Twilight forces Celestia to do a core part of her job again...

  • ...
32
 342
 6,574

Storm versus Fire

“Well, well, well… ” Daybreaker purred, licking her sharp teeth.
“I did not expect a pony with actual guts here.”

Some ponies had already run away after Daybreaker’s power manifestation, others were hiding and watching the scene with wide eyes. In any case, Canterlot Plaza seemed a lot emptier now.

The Solar Goddess of Destruction (her most recent nickname) stood right in front of Tempest Shadow, looking down at the mare. Since Daybreaker absolutely towered her foe, Tempest had to crane her neck upwards.

The unicorn tried to keep a smug expression.
“Well, your Highness, I’ve recently found a new job and I can’t just let you fry the customers. And even though you’re obviously out of my league, it still kinda peeves me off when you hurt those who unconditionally forgave me.”

Weren’t it for her long experience as a soldier, Tempest would be shivering and sweating a lot. Instead, just a few drops formed on her forehead.
Great, now you’ve gone and bucked up, Fizzle, she thought and gulped.
You just COULDN’T keep yourself from picking up a fight with the most powerful being in the world, could you?
She sighed.
Guess I have no choice but to keep her busy until the cavalry arrives…
She gulped.
Whoever that might be...

Calmly, Tempest took off her apron and threw it to the ground, while Daybreaker was patiently watching.
The purple mare looked back into the monster’s eyes.
“How about you pick on somepony your own size? Or... at least somepony close to it?”

Daybreaker grinned widely.
“Oh, I’d love to. Those pathetic weaklings wouldn’t sta-…”

BAM!!!

Tempest interrupted the alicorn with a lightning-quick roundhouse kick to the side of her head.

To Tempest’s surprise, the supposed Princess’ eyes bulged out, her expression full of pain and shock.
Without hesitation, Tempest launched almost a dozen punches right into Daybreaker’s stomach within the next two seconds, which made the alicorn curl and gasp for air, about to puke.
Keeping the momentum and propping up her body from the ground, Tempest threw a salto kick of incredible power, smacking right under Daybreaker’s chin (which landed her the lead role in the movie 'Kung Fu Fizzle' a few years later).

Still in the air and backflipping uncontrollably, the solar mare went flying a few meters, only to painfully hit the stone floor shortly afterwards. Panting, Tempest looked at her work with a puzzled expression.
“That easy…?”

Daybreaker’s body twitched but after a few moments the alicorn slowly started standing up. She then moaned loudly and in a rather ridiculous way.
“NNNYAAAARRRGH!!! YOU’RE TEARING ME APART, TEMPEST!!!” she wailed, very unnaturally.

Tempest sighed, her hopes deflating.
“Okay, I get it… You can drop the act. You’re a terrible actress by the way.”

Daybreaker playfully pouted.
“Awww… I just wanted to spice things up.”

She positioned herself again in front of Tempest.
“Okay, try again. For real this time!”

Putting as much force into the attack as she could muster, Tempest threw a kick directly into Daybreaker’s face, resulting in a loud cracking sound.
From Tempest’s hoof, that is. The alicorn did not even flinch.
“Eww, you stepped in something gross!” said the fiery brute, pretending to be disgusted, and put her forehoof on Tempest’s chest. Then, with an effortless push, she sent her opponent flying straight into the opposite direction, closing dangerously to the speed of sound.

Tempest was stopped further away by a dumpster, bending it heavily out of shape. Fortunately, there had been no pony tossed inside that evening. Lucky for her, ponies are pretty sturdy and physically resistant up to a cartoonish degree. And on top of that, among ponies, Tempest was particularly tough.
Trembling in agony, Tempest made an effort to stand up. Using her hooves, she checked for injuries.
“Spine… could be better. Ribs… could be MUCH better...”

A sudden flash of light changed her surroundings. She wasn’t at the dumpster anymore, instead standing in front of Daybreaker at the plaza. The alleged Princess’ horn glowed faintly, dissipating magic from the teleportation spell. She smiled triumphantly.
“Try again!”

Tempest knew she would not be able to do much after being pummeled just a moment earlier so she gritted her teeth and rammed her broken horn into Daybreaker’s chest. The unicorn couldn’t penetrate the flesh, of course, but with all the power she had left, the mare sent waves of electricity into the tyrant’s body. Enough to fry a Yak or severely burn an Ursa Minor.

Daybreaker lit up brightly, flashing wildly and starting to glow.

After ten seconds of electrocuting her opponent, Tempest was out of juice and yet Daybreaker stood there, unphased, raising an eyebrow.
“Not even a minute? Tsk, tsk. I guess all those doughnuts really did a number on your fitness, dear. Maybe it’s time to look for somepony else to play with.”

Panting heavily, Tempest smirked.
“I’m not done yet… I think my little friend would like to play too!”

She pointed into the night sky. Daybreaker looked up. There was a dark supercharged storm cloud about to burst with all the energy stored within. Tempest’s grin widened.
“Stay right where you are, okay?”

She jumped away from Daybreaker, who took a surprised glimpse at her own legs: The stone floor had melted from all the electricity and was now cooling off rapidly, encasing all four of the mare’s hooves.
A moment later, the storm cloud discharged at Daybreaker, resulting in a powerful concentrated explosion. Tempest was breathing heavily but smiled.

When the smoke cleared, it revealed an empty crater. Faint hope emerged within the purple warrior.
Did… I really get her? Would be cool if I fell the most powerful creature in history.
Sudden realization made her stare in shock and gulp.
Oh no… I’ve killed the PRINCESS!!! What will her subjects say?
She held her throat with her hooves.
What will they DO?!

A sinister cackle behind her made her sigh in relief, but then she remembered who she was dealing with here…

Daybreaker picked the mare up in a golden aura and levitated her closer, so that the unicorn was now face to face with the fiery menace.
“Nice try! But I think it’s time to let the real fun start. I still remember how that petrification orb of yours stung and I think it’s fitting for you to now experience it first hoof!”

A part of the stone floor nearby started to glow and melt. The superheated slag was pulled into the air by Daybreaker’s telekinesis and formed a floating orange-red orb of liquid stone, a few feet in diameter.
“How about I slowly encase you in this? Wouldn’t that… rock?”

Tendrils of red-hot slag lazily came out of the orb, moving towards Tempest. She stared at them with absolute terror in her eyes trying to wriggle out of Daybreaker’s grip at all cost, but it was like prying a vice open with a matchstick.

Suddenly, a bright flash caused the temperature to fall instantly. The molten slag on the outside became solid again, with plumes of steam hissing out angrily through the cracks on its quivering surface.
Daybreaker looked at the now useless orb, cocking an eyebrow. She let Tempest fall to the ground and turned around to see the source of the cooling spell. The cavalry had indeed finally arrived.

Princess Luna fell around the fire mare’s neck, hugging it tightly and pressing her midnight blue chest against the mare’s. Tears ran down the princess’ cheeks.

“Please, Sister! Whatever it is… we can talk about it! Don’t repeat my mistake!”

She shut her eyes, sobbed and hugged even tighter.

“I beg you!”

***

Canterlot castle, the guards cantine.
The castle’s dining hall is a place where the royal protectors usually refresh themselves and exchange gossip heard throughout their shifts. At this time of the day though, it was empty and quiet, save for one white unicorn stallion sitting at one of the long tables. It was the same guard who had accompanied the princess to the train station three weeks prior. Contently humming to himself, he was wrapping a shiny new plunger into gift-paper. After tying it up with a ribbon, he added a gift-card.
‘For the best boss ever!’ it read.

Suddenly, the door to the cantine door was kicked wide open, revealing a white alicorn who stumbled in panting heavily after climbing the stairs leading to the room. Her mane hung down without the alluring flow it was famous for and her floppy wings dragged over the floor. The guard turned around and smiled.
"Perfect timing, your Highness!"

He wanted to grab his gift in his magic, but stopped as soon as he heard the Princess speak.

Though Celestia was panting heavily, she managed to utter:
"Where’s... *pant* ...Luna...? *pant* ...Must contact Twilight... *pant* ...Need Elements of Harmony... *pant* ... FOR REAL this time!"

She collapsed on the floor, the energy of the emergency cake all but used up. The guard gasped and ran over to help his sovereign, levitating her up in the last moment. Once the (fairly heavy) princess was in a sitting position she stared the guard right into the eyes.
"Luna! *pant* Where is she?!"

"Out there in Canterlot City, your Highness. She went to handle some villain that showed up. But don’t worry! I’m certain she has everything under control!"

Celestia’s eyes went wide in horror.
Oh for the love of me, NO!, she thought. She’s out there with that brute!

With the little strength she had, she grabbed the guard by the shoulders.
"Bring me CAKE!"

"I'm sorry, your Highness, but we’re out. I already tried to get a slice myself."

Celestia bit her lip.
"Then help me get up *pant* and bring me to the… the Throne Room!"

Celestia then took a glance at the table.

"Is that a plunger?"