• Published 13th Apr 2019
  • 516 Views, 14 Comments

Broken Bonds - keithsterling



This a transition story from the Shatter Realm Chronicles storyline to Secret and Lies storyline

  • ...
 14
 516

Chapter 6

~Two hours since emerging from the Wormhole tube~

“We are entering the area of the last contacts with IAS Wisdom, according to what you remember Justice. Do you remember any coordinates before the accident?” Urania inquiries as Erato slows the shuttle to give Justice time to remember.

“XV47 is the only thing I can remember before the accident.” Justice comments as Urania calls up the holo screen and holographic keyboard. She begins typing in numbers and letters that Justice remembers.

Slowly, a holographic star map floats in midair in front of the three Imperator Alicorns. With the last number typed, a cursor comes up and quickly locks onto a small blue planet. The onboard recognition/identification program identifies the small blue planet as an M-class planet called Sol. The program has no other information about how old or what’s on the planet. It only reads that it would have been updated after the return of a scientific expedition to research it.

“That’s the planet! That’s where Equestria is!” Justice exclaims as Urania and Erato gulp simultaneously.

“Equestria! The land that your wife rules !” Urania exclaims as Justice shook his head.

“So that means that your foals are a Princesses and Prince. So that makes you, Prince Justice Silverlight.” Erato said shocked as Urania begins to set course to Sol.

~Entering the atmosphere of the planet of Sol~

“The high magnetic field from the planet is screwing up the magnetic compass and is throwing off the auto pilot systems. Urania, try switching it off.” Erato orders as Urania draws her vibro-blade and drives it into the auto pilot system.

“Auto pilot system is off line.” Urania said as Erato quickly grabs hold of the controls with both her hands.

She fights to stay in control of the shuttle as it plummets through the planet’s atmosphere toward the ground. Quickly the three Imperator Alicorns activate their combat body armor. The ship will not survive, but they will. Suddenly a red beam strikes the shuttle and deploys the friction brakes quickly slowing the out of control shuttle.

“Imperator Alicorn long range shuttle, the principality of Dream Valley has a control beam on your ship which will guide you to the Capital City of Chimera.” A familiar mare voice said over the radio as Justice grabs the mic.

“Mother! It’s Justice!” Justice exclaims as the mare’s voice gasps.

“J-J-justice, It can’t be, If you are truly my son, What is my full rank in the Imperator Alicorns.” The mare asked reluctantly

“Royal Duchess Shimmering Diamond Silverlight, for short, Shimmer. But you only allow grandmother to call you that, all others call you, Your Grace or Commander.” Justice answers as he hears crying over the radio.

“See you soon, baby. Shimmering Diamond out.” Shimmer said as she switches off the radio.

As the shuttle passes through a mountain pass into a very fertile valley, below them is a bustling Imperator Alicorn designed modern city. As the control beam on the ship is switch off, Erato retakes control of the shuttle and makes a picture perfect landing on the runway of a military airbase.

As the shuttle rolls to a stop, two automated coolant bots spray foam on the shuttle to cool it down and disburse the radiation on the skin of the shuttle. With that, a guidance bot hooks up to the shuttle’s front tire and pulls it into a nearby hangar. Once in the hanger, a rolling staircase is pushed into position in front of the wing. Slowly, the side hatch on the shuttle opens up and out steps Justice, Erato and Urania.

Waiting at the foot of the staircase was an imposing looking, 6ft 10in dark blue Imperator Alicorn mare with a crimson red mane and tail. Her athletic figure was encased in a Malibu blue slightly below the knee length dress. On her Bare feet were black heeled sandals. Resting against her back were her gold bio-mechanical feather bird wings. This Imperator Alicorn mare is Duchess Shimmering Diamond Silverlight and Shogun Justice Silverlight’s own mother.

Waiting with her at the foot of the staircase was a magnificent looking, 6ft 11in, morning blue Imperator Alicorn mare with a pink mane and tail. Her athletic figure was encased in an emerald green below the knee length dress. On her perfect bare feet were gray strap sandals. Resting against her back were her gem-studded gold bio-mechanical feather bird wings. This Imperator Alicorn mare is Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight, ruler of the Principality of Dream Valley and Justice’s Grandmother. As Justice set foot on the ground, his mother runs up to him, hugs and kisses him, as tears streaks her cheeks.

“I should have guessed you two would be with my grandson. Erato and Urania. two of the four most loyal mares aboard the ‘Stellar Eclipse’ my grandson’s carrier. what about Calliope and Clio?” Ophelia inquiries as she walks passed her crying daughter to talk with the mares that came with Justice.

“Yes, Your Imperial Highness.” Urania and Erato both say in unison, bowing to the Imperial Princess.

“As for Calliope and Clio, your Imperial Highness, They stayed with ‘the Stellar Eclipse’ just in case that Her Imperial Majesty must deploy the vessel. as you know, Shogun Justice Silverlight only picked the very best for his shogunate. Aboard that vessel, are numerous Fighter pilot aces. Leading them is Calliope and Clio, his very best aboard the vessel.” Erato explains as they are soon joined by Shimmer and Justice.

Shimmer’s eye make-up is a mess from crying but she is still a very imposing Imperator Alicorn mare with her beautiful gold bio-mechanical feather bird wings folded on her back. Her hand is resting on Justice’s shoulder as she joins her own mother, the Imperial Princess, with Urania and Erato to talk.

It’s an hour later at the Silverlight stable in the Capital City of Chimera. Justice lets out a long sigh, standing on the outside landing looking at the well manicured garden of his family’s mansion home in the Principality of Dream Valley. Suddenly, he hears the sound of clicking heels coming up behind him.

As he turns around, emerging from the interior hallway of the mansion was an angelic looking 6ft 6in, dark blue, young adult Imperator Alicorn mare with a venetian red mane and tail. Her athletic figure was encased in a sapphire blue skirt uniform. On her head, behind her horn, was a sapphire blue peaked cap. On her bare feet were black pumps. Resting against her back were her silver bio-mechanical feather bird wings. This young adult Imperator Alicorn mare is Military police officer Seer Silverlight and shogun Justice Silverlight’s younger sister. Tears fill her cobalt blue eyes upon seeing her late brother standing before her.

“Justice!” Seer exclaims losing her pumps on her feet as she runs up to her brother and hugs him.

“Greetings little sister, my you have grown into quite a good-looking and well built mare.” Justice comments as he accidentally bumps Seer’s chest with the back of his hand.

“EEK! Justice what the hay are you doing?” Seer said sourly as she leaps backward to protect her chest from being bumped again.

“I am sorry, Seer. I didn’t mean to touch your chest like that.” Justice said a bit embarrassed as he chuckles under his breath.

A moment later, emerging from the interior hallway of the mansion, comes an impressive looking, 6ft 8in, dark blue, young adult Imperator Alicorn mare with a scarlet red mane and tail. Her athletic figure was encased in a sapphire blue skirt uniform. On her head, behind her horn, was a sapphire blue peaked cap. On her bare feet were black pumps. Resting against her back were her silver bio-mechanical feather bird wings. This young adult Imperator Alicorn mare is Military police Sergeant Serena Silverlight and shogun Justice Silverlight’s older sister.

“If you tried something like that on me, Justice. I would knock out your teeth, dear brother.” Serena said giving a warning as Justice hugged his big sister very carefully.

“I have no doubt, you would do that, Serena. Believe or not, I have missed my big sister.” Justice said caring as she returned his hug.

With that, Justice invited his sisters to taking a walk through the well manicured garden of their family’s mansion home. As Seer was about to retrieve her pumps, Serena shook her head and simply removed her pumps from her feet and set them with Seer’s shoes on a stone bench on the landing. Then she joined Justice and Seer on the concrete path that weaves through the garden. As the group reached the center of the garden, both Serena and Seer sit down on the edge of a fountain. Justice sits down on a stone bench in front of his sisters.

“This is not the Equestria I remember, sisters. What happened?” Justice inquiries as his sister’s faces become etched with sorrow.

“You are right, Justice. this is not the Equestria your remember, After the end of the Crystal War with Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle and her Crystal Empire, Equestria was once again at peace. We thought the peace would last this time. But then an anti-Royalty and Separatists movement started to occur across Equestria. Because Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle started the Crystal War. Many of the pony population called for dissolving the long standing monarchy and replacing it for a new government.” Serena explains as her eyes are haunted by some inner pain.

“Your wife, Princess Luna, Princess Twilight and Princess Cadence tried to smooth over the discord in the pony population by giving them more rights than they deserved, by doing that, it just allowed the more militant members of the movement to start wars with any slight provocation. These wars turn into feuds which stretched the overworked Royal army to its breaking point.” Serena said her voice wooden and distant and then turns it over to her sister Seer.

“With the overworked Royal Army at their breaking point, your wife called a Princess summit, she asked mother to be the moderator for the summit as the Principality of Dream Valley was already independent.” Seer said as their mother Duchess Shimmering Diamond Silverlight arrives at the fountain. She is wearing a standard ice blue skirt uniform with black pumps. She giggles when she notices that both her daughters were barefooted. She remembered seeing two pairs of pumps on a stone bench on the landing when she came out for some fresh air.

“Hello you three, what are you talking about?” Shimmer inquired sitting down on the bench next to Justice. Not wanting to be different, Shimmer slips her feet out of her pumps and pushes them under the bench she was sitting on.

“Greetings mother, I was asking what happen to Equestria? Seer was going to tell me about the Princess summit.” Justice comments as Seer and Serena giggled when their mother removed her shoes and remained barefooted.

“Allow me, Seer.” Shimmer said as Seer shook her head.

“The Princess Summit lasted for three days straight, it was bitter sweet for me to moderate. Luna really didn’t want your wife to hold the Princess Summit. Because she knew more or less what your wife’s plan was for Equestria, on the second to last night of the summit, a royal palace guard came to my chamber and dropped off a paper from your wife. The guard told me Princess Celestia wants me to read it over and present at the morning meeting.” Shimmer explains creating a bottle of water with her Eternal magic for her to drink. After taking a drink, she continued.

“After reading over the paper. I took a walk in the Grand Royal palace to clear my head and collect my thoughts. That’s when I found Luna; her eyes bloodshot from crying. I asked her if she knew about this. She told me it was the worst case scenario plan, the Discord Accord, to restore harmony in Equestria. Equestria will be broken into four lands, each ruled by one of the Princesses. The lands are the New Lunar Republic ruled by Luna, Solar Empire ruled by Celestia, Friendship Kingdom ruled by Twilight and Crystal Empire ruled by Cadence. Plus, numerous small independent kingdoms. Drifting Sand, Dream Valley, Diamond Empire, Side Saddle, Golden Dawn, Dark Star, Blacklight and Barbary Island. Plus Independent Chimera Security Services, who your sisters work for.” Shimmer explains as the family stand-up and heads back to the Eternal Palace for dinner.

After dinner, Justice is standing alone in one of the small lounges in the Eternal Palace. He is thinking about what his mother and sisters told him about the events up till he returned from Infinity Star Sector after his death. A moment later, Lady Erato Aureola walks into the room wearing a deep pink, finely made, mid-knee length dress with black strap sandals on her dim gray bare feet. Folded on her back were her silver bio-mechanical feather bird wings.

“You sent for me, Lord Justice?” Erato said politely bowing her head before picking it up to look at Justice.

“I can’t believe how much Equestria changed after I died. I feel partly responsible for the trouble I caused my own wife, Erato.” Justice said depressed as Erato sighed softly.

“Justice stop this, you didn’t cause this trouble, it was those anti-royalty and separatists movements that caused grief for your wife, Not to mention, Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle for starting the Crystal War.” Erato said reassuring as she placed her hand on Justice’s shoulder cheering him up.

“I thank you, Lady Erato.” Justice said thankful as he hugged his friend Erato.

“You are welcome, Justice. Maybe you can help me, Your grandmother told me and Urania we must have a living form metamorphosis, to hide our bio-mechanical feather bird wings. I can’t decide between a unicorn or pegasi. what do you think?” Erato asked as she joins Justice on the sofa in the lounge.

“When I was alive, working for my wife as her personal guard, my most loyal friend was Elite Scout Anita Stormchaser. she was a pegasi mare. I just learned she died during the Crystal War. She was a wonderful ally and dear friend. much like you, Erato. if you don’t mind, could your living form be a pegasi mare, to honor her.” Justice said with admiration for his lost friend and wonderful ally as Erato shook her head.

Erato slowly charged her horn with her Eternal Magic. When it was fully charged, she releases her magic, transforming herself into a dim gray pegasi mare with a charcoal, gray colored mane and tail. Folded on her back were charcoal gray feathered bird wings.

“How is this Justice?” Erato inquires as Justice hugged her.

Meanwhile in Canterlot at the Grand Royal Palace, Empress Celestia Silverlight sits in her office looking out a window trying to do her Solar Empire paperwork but is fully distracted by a familiar and loving energy emanating, maybe, from the Principality of Dream Valley. A moment later, Grand Solar Princess Aurora Silverlight, Celestia’s elder daughter, walks into the office carrying several papers from the recent daily court session.

“Mother!” Aurora said her voice booming snapping her mother out of her daydream.

“Huh?” Celestia exclaims noticing her daughter standing in front of her desk with more official documents for her to sign.

“Have you finished signing your name to the last batch of official documents, mother?” Aurora said brisk and business-like as she sets the next batch of official documents on top of her desk.

“No!” Celestia said sourly as she spread her wings and flew out through an open window before Aurora could object.

Celestia glides through the clear blue sky of what use to be a united Equestria. She arrived at a life size statue of an anthro looking, handsome unicorn stallion wearing the dress uniform of her elite guard unit the Solar Guard. She lands and sits on a patch of grass in front of the statue for a little while to catch her breath. On the pedestal it reads, Prince Justice Silverlight beloved husband and father. She flaps her wings till she reaches the statue’s stone lips and kisses it. Several of her red lip stick prints decorate the stone lips of her husband’s statue. When Celestia gets overwhelmed with her duties as the Solar Empress, she flies to her husband’s statue and just sits in front of the statue and talks to him.