• Published 13th Apr 2019
  • 516 Views, 14 Comments

Broken Bonds - keithsterling



This a transition story from the Shatter Realm Chronicles storyline to Secret and Lies storyline

  • ...
 14
 516

Chapter 3

Later that same night, the members of the main Royal Family gathered together in one of the small sitting rooms within the Grand Royal Palace after Princess Luna and Grand Prince Somnus called for a family meeting. In the room, the various members of the main royal family take their seats on various pieces of furniture around the room. Being the eldest of the family, Princess Celestia has been appointed the head of this family branch of the Silverlight unicorn family. She reaches down, removes her sandal and proceeds to use it like a gavel to bring the family meeting to order. As the talking dies down, Celestia looks toward her sister and her son that are standing together in front of the fireplace in the room.

“Alright sister. you and Somnus asked me to call this meeting of the main Royal Family so I did as you asked, now, please sister, tell the family why you wanted to have this meeting.” Celestia said diplomatically as she sat back in her chair and crossed her legs.

“Thank you sister, the reason I asked you to call this family meeting was because since the end of the Crystal War. Somnus and I have been sensing a strange foreboding in the air, like this was just the beginning of something bigger.” Luna explains as the faces of each family member glaze with shock.

As the family slowly digests the statement made by Princess Luna, Grand Prince Somnus observed his older sister Grand Princess Aurora stealthily move a little bit closer toward their mother’s position, at which time their mother covertly gestures her hand towards Aurora telling her to stop were she is. The mysterious movement by his older sister towards their mother caused Somnus to gently step on his aunt’s bare toes to get her attention as she stood next to him in her barefeet. Luna quickly turns toward Somnus and he whispers something into her ear.

“Sister and niece? Somnus tells me you might have something to say about the strange foreboding?” Luna inquiries as Celestia and Aurora know they have been caught by a Solar Guard special operative.

“Alright, you are right, sister, we do.” Celestia answers as Aurora kneels down next to her mother’s chair.

“Aurora and I have sensed the same thing as you and Somnus have. a strange foreboding in the air, but what is strange about it. It feels like the strange foreboding is hailing from beyond the stars. In an area where no pony has gone before.” Celestia explains as she looks into the clear blue sky through a bay window in the room.

~A year earlier near the end of the Crystal War~

Meanwhile in the ice fields of the Crystal Empire, a week before the fall of Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle and the Crystal City, a gorgeous 5ft 10in greenish-blue unicorn mare with a cerulean mane and tail stroll towards a small ice cave far from the Crystal Palace. She is dressed in a black long sleeve, woven blouse, deep ocean blue bootcut jeans and brown Riding boots. This unicorn mare is Royal Advisor Rose Eventide, the brains behind the throne of Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle.

“Such a stupid and self-glorifying little Alicorn (chuckles)” Rose said sarcastically as she continues to make her way to the ice cave.

“(chuckles) her highness Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle. I would love to see her face when they hand her over to the combined forces (chuckles).” Rose said coldly as she presses a hidden button on the side of the cave wall.

“But what burns me up is that I was outplayed by the Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight. I never figured that the spell that I cast on her mother, her aunt and cousin in the previous timeline when this Equestria was still in the middle ages/steam ages would expire this soon and reawaken the three missing princesses in this timeline.” Rose said sourly as a small sliding door opens, revealing a short steel hallway with two steel doors in the wall.

“But I should have guessed that would have happened, considering that teenage Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle didn’t have the experience to cast that alter time spell, she used. that threw her Equestria into this altered future age. But it’s not all that bad. I can now reunite with my small space fleet. They should all be docked at Concord Habitats in my dark star section of space awaiting the return of Daimyo Harmonia Strife. The Lord of the Dark star Sector.” Rose explains as she presses a control panel on the wall next to the steel door.

The steel door slides open, revealing the cockpit of a long-range shuttlecraft. Through the opening steps, a drop-dead, gorgeous 6ft even, midnight blue, Imperator Alicorn mare with a rust colored mane and tail walks into the cockpit. Resting on her back were silver, bio-mechanical, feathered bird wings. She was dressed in a gray form-fitting space suit. On her bare feet were knee high boots. This is the true form of Daimyo Harmonia Strife.

~back to the present infinity star sector~

Looking out the window, in the command center/throne room of the Infinity palace at the darkness of space was a majestic looking, dark blue, Imperator Alicorn stallion with a crimson red mane and tail. His 6ft 5in athletic equine figure was encased in a form-fitting orange red space suit. Resting on his back were gold, bio-mechanical, feathered bird wings. His cobalt blue eyes were haunted by some inner anxiety. This Imperator Alicorn Stallion was Royal Shogun Justice Silverlight.

A moment later, a captivating, ageless, light blue Imperator Alicorn mare with an imperial red mane and tail walks up behind him and rest her gloved hand on his shoulder. Her elegant athletic 6ft 12in figure was encased in a form-fitting mineral green space suit. Sitting on top of her head behind her horn was a jeweled imperial tiara. Resting on her back, were the most beautiful jeweled, bio-mechanical, feathery bird wings of her species. This Imperator Alicorn mare was Empress Galaxy Cosmos, the All Mother of the Imperator Alicorn species and Supreme Ruler of the Imperator Alicorns, as well as, Justice’s great grandmother.

“Are you still trying to put together all those fractured memories, great grandson?” Galaxy inquiry as she runs her snout through Justice’s mane in a loving gesture.

“Yes, Your Imperial Majesty.” Justice answers as Galaxy looks over to her great grandson piercingly.

“What have I told you Great Grandson? How do I want you to address me?” Galaxy said sourly as she snorted loudly at her Great Grandson.

“I mean, Great grandmother.” Justice said nervously as Galaxy kisses Justice’s horn before kindly gesturing him to leave the throne room as she had some royal business to perform.

Waiting outside the throne room were two Imperator Alicorn mares. The first mare was a lovely looking, Spanish gray colored mare with a black colored mane and tail. Her 6ft 2in athletic equine figure was encased in a deep pink colored space suit. A pair of silver bio-mechanical feathery bird wings was folded on her back. This Imperator Alicorn mare was Galactic Knight Urania Corona an Imperator Alicorn Aerospace fighter ace.

The second mare was a stunning looking, dim, gray bodied mare with an orange yellow colored mane and tail. Her 6ft 2in fit equine figure was encased in a periwinkle colored space suit. A pair of silver bio-mechanical feathery bird wings were folded on her back. This Imperator Alicorn mare was Galactic Knight Erato Aureola an Imperator Alicorn Aerospace fighter ace. Both mares serve Justice’s shogunate as fighter pilots.

“You two don’t have to follow me around, wherever I go.” Justice said bluntly as the two mares looked at each other before politely laughing.

“Unfortunately, Lord Silverlight, Empress Cosmos. Your great grandmother has ordered us to keep an eye on you. till all your memories return.” Urania said as Erato shook her head.

With that, the three Imperator Alicorn equines climbed into the turbo lift and took it down to deck three, the recreation deck of the citadel class large space station. The deck of the space station is one full deck filled with all kinds of entertainment for the personnel working at the Infinity Palace. An advanced holographic sky simulates night and day, as well as the seasons. At the center of the deck is a large green area with trees, flowers and park benches. Within the park are three tennis courts and a recirculating fountain.

In the park, Justice sat on a bench with Galactic Knight Erato Aureola. Shortly before, walking into the park, Galactic Knight Urania Corona was called down to ‘the stellar eclipse’ to settle a dispute between several Aerospace fighter pilot squadrons assigned to the carrier. Before leaving, Urania asked Erato to stay with him as she’s been knows him the longest and are friends.

“Justice? If there’s anything I can do to help speed up the recovery of your fractured memories. Just ask. We both come from the same star nursery.” Erato said placing her gloved hand on his knee.

“I know, you and Urania are trying to help me recover my fractured memories, but it’s still just a jumble of images and feelings. That don’t make senses to me.” Justice said frustrated as Erato touches the side of his face with her hand.

“Please Justice, don’t get frustration, Urania and I are here for you.” Erato said caring as she calms Justice’s frustrating down with her gentle touch on his face.

Suddenly, the broken pieces of a fractured memory pull together in Justice’s mind. The image that forms is a white mare’s hand with a gold ring on her fourth finger of her left hand, caressing his cheek and saying ‘I am here forever with you my husband’.

“Erato! I have a wife somewhere out there . I am a married stallion.” Justice exclaims pointing toward the star ways.

“That’s very good Justice. Let’s concentrate on that wife of yours. Search through your fractured memories. Tell me something about your wife? ” Erato inquiry as Justice concentrates on the memories.

“She’s some kind of royalty, the ruler of a land.I believe her title is Princess, she has ruled that same land for one thousand years.” Justice explains as Erato snickers under her breath.

“My Justice, you are starting out fairly young.” Erato says jokingly as Justice snorted at her.

“What do you mean, fairly young, you’re the same age as me, two billion years old or two billion and half years old, you old Alicorn.” Justice said boldly as Erato snorts back at him.

“I don’t count the half year old, Justice.” Erato said sarcastically punching Justice on his arm hard.

“Ouch!” Justice exclaims rubbing his arm with his hand after Erato punches him.

“Forget about that for now. Let’s continue building on that memory. What else can you remember about your wife?” Erato inquiry as she begins to get excited with Justice reforming his lost memories.

“She’s what we call a terran Alicorn.” Justice comments as Erato removes her glove exposing her red nail polish on the nails of her hand.

Suddenly, the broken pieces of a fractured memory pull together in Justice’s mind once again. The image that forms this time is the same white hand with light pink nail polish and that same mare’s voice saying ‘Up until I met you, Justice. I would never have my nails painted on my hands or feet. because it was improper to show individuality. But you brought out that missing mare hood that I long forgot. Thank you’

“When I first met my wife. she was a prim and proper Princess. Her nobles did not want her to show she was a normal mare. I saw she was more than just a figurehead, she was a very special mare.” Justice explains as he held Erato’s hand and looked at her painted nails.

“I must ask Erato; do you paint your toenails?” Justice inquiry as Erato blushed with the question.

“I do, why do you ask Justice?” Erato asks wondering as she pulled her hand away.

“For some reason my wife, painted her toenails herself and let no one near her feet. Except me.” Justice comment as Erato’s olive green eyes blinked with surprise.

“Do you paint them yourself or let someone else do it, Erato?” Justice inquiry as Erato gasps.

“I do it myself.” Erato answers

“Why?” Justice asked

“I am very ticklish on my feet, any slight brush against the soles of my feet, will cause me to laugh. So I paint my toenails myself, is that why your wife paints her own toenails; because she’s ticklish?” Erato comment as Justice shook his head a few times as more of his memories return.

“So, let’s recap, Justice. You married a Princess mare on some kind of planet. she’s been ruling that same land for one thousand years, when you first met her, she was a prim and proper Princess. So you must have spent a lot of time with her before hand to notice that change in her. It sounds like she’s ticklish on her feet. so she paints her own nails. Her nobles most likely didn’t like the idea of you marrying her, But she did it anyway.” Erato explains as Justice grabs the side of his head with his hands.

Suddenly, the broken pieces of a fractured memory pull together in Justice’s mind forming a complete memory. The image that forms was an ageless, beautiful, white, Alicorn mare with a golden blonde mane and tail. She stood 6ft 5in with a perfectly shaped figure that stretched down to her large pristine feet. A loving smile formed on her snout as the gold ring formed on her finger.

“My wife’s name is Princess Celestia Silverlight. The ruler of the land of Equestria on the planet and you are right, Erato, she is very ticklish on her feet. During quiet days at the Grand Royal Palace when we were alone. I would remove one of her sandals as she slept on the lounge chair on her balcony during the warm days of summer. I would run my finger down her sole causing her to shoot into the air. She would snort at me for tickling her, but soon forgave me for doing it. I served as her personal guard before I married her.” Justice explains as Erato noticed that Justice was trying to recall another memory.

“Justice don’t push yourself. let’s meet Urania at a restaurant to eat on the deck so we can tell her what you remembered and she can help us figure out the rest of your memories. Right now we now know your wife’s name is Princess Celestia Silverlight, that’s a great start.” Erato said as Justice and Erato leave the park to met Urania for a bite to eat.

~Back in Equestria~

Standing alone in the small sitting room where the family meeting took place, looking out a small window toward the starry night sky was Princess Celestia Silverlight. She was playing with a strand of her golden blonde mane hair and chewing on her lip. A moment later, Grand Princess of the Sun, Aurora Silverlight pitter-patters into the room, barefooted, as her brother Grand Prince of the Moon, Somnus Silverlight has taking over night court.

“Good evening mother, why are you still in here?” Aurora ask as Celestia turn to face her elder daughter.

“I really don’t know, Aurora, something keeps telling me to look toward the starry night sky. As if my spirit is looking for something out there, it might be nothing, Aurora. but still something is trying to reunite with my spirit out there.” Celestia explains, floating her heart shaped pendant out of her dress and up to her lips, before placing a loving kiss on it and floating it back into her dress.

“But, anyway, was there something you wanted to talk to me about, Aurora?” Celestia inquiry as Aurora sits on an armrest of a nearby sofa.

“What is your take on that family meeting we had, mother?” Aurora asked

“My take is that your father’s family has a lot of answers, but we don’t know the questions to ask; Best we can do, is just talk to them. I have been invited to the Silverlight Stable for a private tea party tomorrow with your grandmother Countess Shimmering Diamond Silverlight. I’ll see what I can learn from her about this strange foreboding we’ve been sensing, Aurora.” Celestia explains as the two mares leave the sitting room and walk back to the private living area of the palace.