• Published 14th Apr 2019
  • 1,156 Views, 38 Comments

Vacant - Marcellus Jones



The CMCs decide to investigate the abandoned house at the outskirts of Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,156

Ultimatum

Author's Note:

Moved the rating from E to T because things are starting to get a little dark.

Received a little positive feedback, so I've decided to continue the story. I hope you enjoy the 2nd chapter. I don't know how long I intend to keep this going, but I intend to keep it short. If I change my mind later, then stay tuned, I guess.

Apple Bloom went to turn the door knob, but it was locked. Part of her was expecting this to happen and she was cursing herself for ever listening to Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle was still trying to open the door even though it clearly wouldn't budge.

Before the three of them could say anything to each other, they heard a voice coming from another room.

"You are not welcome here, leave this place."

"Who said that?" Scootaloo replied to the whispers.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle huddled closely to each other, chills going down their spines. Scootaloo continued to feign bravery and began to trot toward the hallway.

"Scootaloo, where are you going?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I'm trying to find out who's talking to us," she answered nonchalantly.

"Well, think about it this way. Everypony says the house is abandoned. We have been locked in by an unseen force and now we hear a random voice. What does that tell you?" Apple Bloom was already connecting the dots.

"The stories of this place being haunted must be true, so let's go find out for our Ghost Hunter cutie marks," Scootaloo said as if it were something as trivial as cleaning her room.

"What if they're mean spirits?" Sweetie Belle was scared.

"They done told us to leave, but they locked us in. I think they might be a little confused," Apple Bloom speculated.

Sweetie Belle stayed silent, she was thinking of what this could possibly mean. Scootaloo impatiently waited for them to follow her down the hall.

"Oh, no, I just thought of something," Sweetie Belle had drawn her conclusion.

"What is it?" Apple Bloom inquired.

"What if by 'you're not welcome here', they mean Equestria? What if they take us away?" she laid on the floor, covering herself with her cape. She had started to cry and she didn't want her friends to see. They could hear the dry heaves, so it was obvious.

"Sweetie Belle, please don't cry. We promise we ain't gonna let nothing happen to you, we're in here together. Rest assured, wherever we end up, we'll all be there together," Apple Bloom comforted her friend.

Scootaloo nodded, "Yeah, once a Cutie Mark Crusader, always a Cutie Mark Crusader!"

"I've never been this scared before," she sniffled.

"I'm scared too, but you ain't alone. You've got us, we'll always be here for you," Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle regained her composure and wiped away her tears, "I feel better now. Thanks, girls."

"Ain't no problem," Apple Bloom smiled.

The smile faded when she saw movement in the corner of her eye, she looked in the direction she had seen it. Nothing was there. She turned back to face her friends again, "Did anypony else see that?"

"See what?" Scootaloo asked.

"I thought I saw something move," she said.

"I hope it was just your imagination," Sweetie Belle peeked out from under her cape.

"So do I," Apple Bloom took a deep breath.

"We need to find a way out of here," Scootaloo was finally beginning to feel scared.

"Scoots, I'm sorry if this comes out sounding mean, but if you didn't fall for that obvious trap, we wouldn't have had to follow you in here and we wouldn't be in this situation," Sweetie Belle replied.

"No, you're right, it's fine. I'm sorry I dragged you two into this mess," Scootaloo conceded.

"It's okay, like I said, we're in this together," Apple Bloom said.

"I'm glad you didn't leave me behind," Scootaloo smiled.

"We would never do that, Scoots, don't be ridiculous," Sweetie Belle was shocked that she would even think that.

"I know, my mind's getting the best of me. This place is driving me crazy," Scootaloo replied.

"It's okay, don't worry about it," Sweetie Belle tried to comfort her friend.

Apple Bloom saw the same shadowy figure flash by much closer this time, "I don't know what I'm seeing, but I saw it again."

"Could it be one of the spirits who told us to leave?" Scootaloo wondered aloud.

"I wouldn't doubt it," Sweetie Belle concurred.

"I am delighted that you've come to join me."

"Who are you?" Scootaloo asked.

"Neither enemy nor friend."

"What do y'all want from us?" Apple Bloom was afraid to ask.

"Your souls, I want to revel in your screams of pain and torment."

"No, please don't hurt us. Just let us go, we promise we'll leave and we'll never come back. We're sorry for bothering you," Scootaloo pleaded.

"You made your choice. I gave you a chance to leave, but you entered anyway. Now the three of you will be with me forever."

"Forever?" the Cutie Mark Crusaders couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"I have one ultimatum for the three of you. Consider this my one final act of charity before unleashing Tartarus upon you."

"What is it?" Apple Bloom was afraid to find out.

"Since the orange one wanted so desperately to find me, she'll stay with me. You two can leave and live to warn the others. Dead mares tell no tales."

"We're not leaving without her," Sweetie Belle declined the offer.

Apple Bloom nodded in agreement, "Just let us go. Have mercy on us."

"You're trespassing, you have to suffer the consequences for your actions."

"Well, you told us to leave, but the door was locked, so we couldn't. We tried turning the lock and everything, it wouldn't open. The door was jammed. You set us up," Scootaloo accused.

"I already gave you that option outside. You turned it down and invaded my abode, now you will stay here forever. Your friends can leave, but you won't be going anywhere."

"That's not fair," Scootaloo sighed, looking down at the floor.

"Oh, it's not? If I remember correctly, you're in my house. That means it's my rules. Your only options are you stay and your friends go or you all stay. I will not tell you three again. Make your choice."

"We already said we're not leaving without her, that's what we meant," Sweetie Belle was adamant on staying behind.

"Yeah, we're in this together," Apple Bloom agreed.

"Suit yourselves, I look forward to making you all suffer."