• Published 18th Apr 2019
  • 242 Views, 2 Comments

The Island Hidden by the Fog - JackoTheDragon



A Kirin Stallion named Jacko had been taken away from his home and now tries to find a way to get back!

  • ...
 2
 242

Chapter 2: The Raid

Jacko woke up in shock, hearing a ear-piercing scream in the night. He bolted up from his bed and headed to his door. When he opens it he stared in shock, fire was going through the school and the students were running around screaming.

“Mom? Mom!? What's going on!?” He tried to call out but there was no answer. All that welcome him was fire and chaos.

As he started to search for an exit there was another piercing scream, but it was closer. Jacko look towards the direction of the scream and saw a stallion dragging away a small filly.

What the heck is he doing!? He thought, quite surprise. I have to stop him!

So he ran towards them, the closer he got there the more of his confusion grows. The stallion was wearing ragged clothes and had a weird looking sword sheathed at his side. When Jacko got close enough the stallion finally notice him, dropping the foal to face him.

“Ay! What ye think your doing eh? Ye be better to walk away or ye be getting hurt!” The stallion threaten Jacko, or so Jacko thought he did.

Ye? What kind of word is that? But Jacko didn't had time to think that, he got down low and let out a growl at the stallion, who was taken aback of Jacko’s courage.

“Oh so ye think you can take me? Well I oughta teach ye a lesson!” The stallion head glow, showing Jacko that he was a unicorn and unsheathe his sword. Jacko look at it but didn’t move an inch, he kept low and growl at the unicorn.

The stallion spat and charge Jacko, swinging the sword to his head, but he was slow to Jacko. Jacko easily side-step away from the blade and bash his horns on the stallions expose side, sending him crashing to the ground and groaning.

“C’mon lets get out of here!” Jacko hurry to the foal’s side and lead her to safely to the nearest exit. When they were outside the filly hurry away to a mare which Jacko thought must of been her mother.

Outside, it was nothing but chaos. The whole village was burning and ponies everywhere was in a mass panic.

But in all of the fire and rubble Jacko could see ponies and luggage being carried away by groups of stallions with the same ragged clothes and swords. They were all going to the beaches were Jacko could see a huge sailboat in the waters.

“Jacko! Over here!” The voice yelled over the roaring flames, Jacko look towards the sound and found his father locked in combat with the raiders. Three on one doesn't seem fair but for Jacko’s dad it’s like training to him. Trite easily parry one blow from the stallion on his right with his broadsword, making the stallion topple over his comrade, then spun to the third stallion on his left and sweep his hooves, tripping him to the ground.

“Were your mother!?” He yelled at Jacko, galloping towards him. As he got closer Jacko could see he receive battle wounds, showing he fought more than Just three raiders.

“I don’t know! She must have fled when the school was burning like the rest of the students!” Jacko told him, or he hope that what happen.

“Damn...we can find her later, I know you must be worried sick about her and I’m worried about, but as your job as a soldier you must defend the villagers with your life!” As he said these words he levitated a spare sword from his back and put it in front of Jacko.

This sword wasn't like any regular broadsword Jacko has seen before, the scabbard was decorated with scales and the hilt was thick with black leather.

“Take it and go!” Trite commanded as he shoved the sword on Jacko and started galloping away.

Jacko did as he was told and started running down the streets looking for villagers, but all seem empty all around him until he turned around the corner. He saw about seven raiders forming a circle around a family of four, who was cowering on the ground. Jacko didn't hesitate to run for their aid, he charge in head first, unsheathing the sword his dad gave him and to his surprise shun a bright light as he drew it.

One of the raiders look at Jacko but quickly cover his eyes from the bright light from the sword. Jacko took the chance to barrel through him and got in front of the helpless family.

“Well I be a monkey's uncle! This lil’ landlubber think he can take us all at once huh?” a big stallion said as he unsheath his curved sword.

More like distraticing your sorry flank so I can find an opening to get these ponies to safety… Jacko thought bitterly, getting low on the ground and taking a stance.

Two of the seven stallions charge to Jacko, one using magic to raise his sword while the other uses his mouth. Jacko parry the first strike from the unicorn, then grab and throw him to the earth pony raider. But as Jacko was turning his attention to the attackers the huge stallion grab him behind.

“Well ya done it now! I’m gonna teach ye a lesson you never forget!” the raider snarled and body slammed Jacko flat on his back, knocking the breath out of him. “You shouldn't play hero when you know you can’t win!”

As the other stallions gather around Jacko they notice something strange, Jacko was chuckling to himself, leaving them flabbergasted.

“Wha so funny?!” One of them yelled out angrily. Grabbing him and lifting him up

“Oh nothing...Just laughing on how big of an idiot to forget your targets…” Jacko said weakly but grinning.

To the raider surprise the pony family was galloping away from them. The biggest of the stallion grind his teeth in a fit of rage.

“Get this lil punk to the boss! He’ll knock some sens- AH!!!” As he was ordering around the stallions Jacko suddenly broke free of the raider grip and pounce on him, biting his shoulder fiercely.

But Jacko didn’t get very far, in a few seconds he felt a great force hit his head like a hammer, knocking him to the ground hard. His vision began to blacken, but he saw a stallion in a weird get up.

“You idiots...get him on the boat, now.” The voice was deep but young. “He may know where we can find it…”

And with that Jacko whole vision went black, leaving him in utter confusion on what the stallion mean by ‘it’.