• Published 11th Apr 2019
  • 994 Views, 78 Comments

Country Ponies - TwiPON3



Various parts of Earth become ponies in Equestria. Oddity ensues.

  • ...
1
 78
 994

Maple

Just inside the everfree forest in the middle of the night, while Fluttershy and her animals were asleep, there was a noise in the forest, and a pony spawned out of nowhere.

The pony was a white unicorn mare with a two-toned mane and tail (red and white), with ruby eyes, and a red maple leaf for her cutie mark. She spoke with an accent and was bilingual in English and French, so she could understand the other ponies.

"What happened, eh?" she said.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy, being the light sleeper she was, woke up.

"O- oh my!" she said, pulling the covers over her as some of her animals came and comforted her.

Angel Bunny shrugged his shoulders.

"What do you think it could be?"

Angel acted out that it could be another pony, but he wasn't sure.

"Are they nice?"

Angel took Fluttershy outside, much to her fright.

Back in the forest, the red and white pony had began searching for civilization, and was now carrying a maple leaf in her mane.

"Eh?" she said as she heard a tree branch snap, "Anyone there?"

"Eep!"

"Sorry!"

A moment later, she saw a rabbit hop over to her and motion for her to follow.

"It's not safe out here, eh, rabbit? I get the chills just from standing here."

The rabbit nodded and began hopping back out, so the mare followed.

"A- An- Angel?" Fluttershy called, "Are you okay?"

Angel nodded and pointed at the mare with the leaf.

"I'm Maple," she said, taking the leaf from her mane and offered it to Fluttershy, "It's nice to meet you."

"O- oh," Fluttershy replied, taking the leaf and putting it in her own mane, "I'm... I'm Fluttershy."

"That's a nice name," Maple complimented.

"Let's go inside," Fluttershy said, showing Maple to her cottage.

Inside, they both sat down on her couch.

"Can you tell me about yourself, Maple?"

"Well, I guess I'm a form of Canada, eh, which is pretty weird. I can speak two languages, which may be good if some of the other countries came along."

"Oh, well, I take care of the animals here in Ponyville, and I'm the element of Kindness."

"I could see it when you let me in. Anyway, what do you like to do?"

"Oh, well, I do spend time with my friends, and help keep Equestria safe. Maybe my friend Twilight Sparkle can help you get back home."

"I do like being alive, though," she said, only realizing her mistake when she looked at a shocked Fluttershy, "No, I don't mean it like that, I mean it like it feels nice to be a living creature that can walk and talk."

Fluttershy calmed down at hearing this.

"I thought you meant you were dead."

"No, more like a spirit, eh?"

"Oh. l... guess that's okay...?"

"Knowing that so many people are glad to have you is good, but to see what it's like to be one is... it's phenomenal."

"I guess I can understand the feeling. I mean, being the element of Kindness is similar, right?"

"Maybe."

"Heh, maybe."

"So, what's it like being an element of kindness, eh?"

"Oh, well, it is a part of being one of Equestria's defenders. Not too long ago, we stopped Discord from turning Equestria into a land of chaos."

"You are a living element, eh?"

"I guess I am," she said, smiling at Maple, "Anyway, how does it feel to be a pony now?"

"It feels nice."

"That's good," Fluttershy said with a yawn, "Oh, excuse me!"

"It is a bit late, and I'm sorry that I woke you up."

"No, it's okay. The couch is the best I can give you, unless you want my bed, of course."

"I couldn't."

"Well, in that case, could I get you something to drink before bed, like a cup of tea?"

"That sounds nice," Maple said as Fluttershy got up, "Say, have you ever put honey in your tea?"

"No," she said, stopping and facing Maple again, "I've never tried that before."

"It makes it taste sweet."

"Oh, okay," she replied, going into the kitchen and coming out with tea and honey.

"Is there anything I can do to help out around here?"

Fluttershy sat the tea down on her coffee table and took her seat next to Maple, "It's fine."

"You do have a lot of animals here. Maybe I could help out with them."

"I guess they have been wanting to see another pony for a while."

Another yawn escaped both of them.

"Oh, it's getting late," Maple said, "And I'm not running you out of your bed."

"Okay," Fluttershy replied, getting up and getting a blanket and pillow, "Here you are. Would you like me to tuck you in?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing, eh?"

"Aw, I couldn't ask that of you."

"No, I woke you up in the middle of the night. It's only right that I do."

"Well, if you insist."

Maple followed Fluttershy to her room and tucked her in for the night.

"Good night, Fluttershy," Maple said as she closed the door behind her and went back to the couch and laid down.

Minutes later, they were both sound asleep.

The next morning, Fluttershy woke up to the smell of pancakes.

"Maple?" Fluttershy said, walking into her kitchen.

"Morning, Miss Fluttershy," Maple said, setting the table for breakfast, "How are you feeling?"

"Oh, I'm feeling fine," she replied as the unicorn pulled her out a chair, "My... thank you."

"Oh, it's no problem, eh?"

They both sat down to a pancake breakfast, complete with butter, milk, and (her absolute favorite), maple syrup.

"Later, after breakfast, we can go see Twilight, if you want to try and get home."

"That would be nice," she replied, "Now, let's dig in before they get cold."

Author's Note:

Maple

Derpibooru Page

Comments ( 35 )

I half-expected them to spend twenty minutes "sorrying" at each other.

Hazzah for Canadians!

9566572
You guys are extremely friendly and approachable!

9566549
Maple embodies Canada, which would sound reasonabe in some aspects for them to do that to each other, I wanted to focus on her having a good enough time to enjoy Equestria without freaking out. Like Marusya did.

9566609
you're welcome. also us canadians don't usually 'Eh' a lot. mostly but not a lot as Sorry, i don't know why but we kept sorry for the littlest things
Not sure why, must be in our genes or just being born from like that

9566622
I actually considered making Maple speak French until a few lines of her and Fluttershy, then speak English. But I do apologize that I don't know how Canadians talk more than what I do.

9566638
Its Okay mate and i forgive you. and also, like always. nice CP

Why does everyone think Canadians are so nice? Their flag is a three bladed nine pointed sword, it’s one of the most violent flags I’ve ever seen.

9566758
you're next line is "i was just pretending as a troll" am i right?

PLEASE DO HUNGARY! KÉRLEK SZÉPEN!

9567744
I have all of them for this story planned out already. I do have a few spaces open for the sequel. Just find me a pony and Hungary is on the list.

Mindannyian vannak, hogy ez a történet már megtervezhető legyen. Van néhány helyem a folytatáshoz. Csak találjon meg egy póni és Magyarország a listán.

Comment posted by Crystalbreeze deleted Jun 13th, 2019

Ok not to be rude but the eh was a tiny bit overused in my opinion

9567928
When I wrote it, I thought I was using the right amount. Now, when I read it, it is too much. I really don't know which ones I should take out.

9567696
My next line was “I was paraphrasing the comic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal”.

9568055
Well from what I would guess eh would be used more of in a question form like How are you doing eh? sort of like if an american were to say your day is good yes? Also any reason why Germany is split into Cold War Status? It just seemed strange is it because they are still very distinct in terms of economic growth?

9568381
Well, that's part of the reason, but the whole reason is that, while yes, they were still Germany, and even if Germany was still split today, both would have their own identities like siblings. Westen is the more playful one, while Osten is a little behind the times. Even if they had virtually zero differences when split, the fact that the East and West were split would have almost certainly been the reason for a separation in identity, which would have most definitely happened.

Did that clear things up somewhat?

9568443
You aren't wrong demographics and economically the former parts of East Germany are still recovering from problems cuased by communist control. Also the East parts are said to have more poles and other east European immigrants. Thus you splitting them to symbolize the still noticeable difference is a great nod to that.

9568502
Yeah. I mean, even look at a satellite view of Berlin at night. You can still see the different halves of the city

Is there going to be a pony to do with Poland in this story.
Just wondering because I’m from Poland and I might as well look on deviant art to see if there’s a polish pony.

9570035
Yes and no. On the Yes side, I will do a pony for Poland, but on the No side, it will be in the sequel. I put a link to the ponies that I intend to do in the story's description if you wanna check that out.

Winged Unicorn, Not Alicorn... how is that possible?

9566622
No offense, but wasn't Tara Strong originally born in Canada?

9570850
The gene for wings and horn are dominant at birth, rather than one overtaking the other or not showing up at all. To be an alicorn, they would still have to ascend, though.

9571012
So the only difference is that an alicorn is a part of a royal lineage?

9571028
There's more to it than that. See, in this story, being an alicorn parallels with being picked for something in our world, where as winged-unicorns are more like people with different-colored eyes. Alicorns are the only choices for princesses, because they were proven worthy, but just because you have wings and a horn in this story doesn't make you equal to an alicorn. In fact, I think a better analogy would be as if a unicorn were to cast a spell on themselves to give them wings, but if the spell were cast before the pony was born. Does that help?

9571113
So what if somepony with both a horn and wings gets knighted or did whatever it took to become an alicorn? Would the pony be able to use a unique kind of magic that he wouldn't be able to otherwise?

9571125
Becoming an alicorn still happens like it did in magical mystery cure.

9571139
So what exactly changes then?

9571144
Alicorns here are just like cannon alicorns, so they have increased magic, stronger bodies, etc

Winged Unicorns are essentially unicorns that just had a pair of wings on them when they came out, and nothing special.

9571153
Then that explains Flurry Heart, although having been born into a royal lineage could have made her an alicorn, which could explain what her magic did to the Crystal Heart.

9561661
I've actually found an England, Germany, and USA pony in this picture here... https://www.deviantart.com/hiccupsdoesart/art/Flag-Themed-Ponies-637076393

Login or register to comment