• Published 11th Apr 2019
  • 1,002 Views, 78 Comments

Country Ponies - TwiPON3



Various parts of Earth become ponies in Equestria. Oddity ensues.

  • ...
1
 78
 1,002

Osten and Westen

At Sweet Apple Acres, the Apple family was asleep in their beds, when suddenly a blast in one of the orchards sounded, and two unicorns popped into existance.

They were both pale-yellow and had messy, tri-toned manes and tails (black, red, and yellow), and had lime eyes. They both spoke with an accent, and couldn't understand the other ponies.

They weren't without their differences, though.

One of them had a paler complexion, longer mane, and her cutie mark was a black eagle on a yellow shield, while the other had a golden complexion, shorter mane, freckles, and her cutie mark was a hammer and compass inside a ring of wheat.

"Osten," the paler mare said, "Was ist passiert? Wo sind wir?"
"East," the paler mare said, "What happened? Where are we?"

"Ich weiß es nicht, Westen," the freckled one said, "Ich habe genauso Angst wie du!"
"I don't know, West," the freckled one said, "I'm just as scared as you!"

"Nun, zumindest haben wir uns."
"Well, at least we have each other."

"Ja," Osten replied as they embraced each other in a hug, "Sollten wir versuchen, jemanden zu finden, der uns helfen wird, oder sollten wir hier übernachten und bis zum Morgen warten?"
"Yeah," East replied as they embraced each other in a hug, "Should we try to find someone who'll help us, or should we stay here for the night and wait until morning?"

"Ich glaube, irgendwo hier gibt es ein Bauernhaus," Westen said, pointing a hoof to the right of them, "Vielleicht kann jemand, der dort wohnt, uns helfen."
"I think there's a farmhouse around here somewhere," West said, pointing a hoof to the right of them, "Maybe someone who lives there can help us."

"Gute Idee, Westen."
"Good idea, West."

"Danke," she replied as the two went in the direction she had pointed to earlier.
"Thanks," she replied as the two went in the direction she had pointed to earlier.

The sisters made their way over to the barn, a walk that didn't take too terribly long.

"Was sollen wir sagen?" Osten asked.
"What should we say?" East asked.

"Ich weiß nicht, Osten. Ich ... lass uns einfach ehrlich sein und ihnen sagen, was passiert ist und was wir wissen," Westen said as she knocked on the door.
"I don't know, East. I... let's just be honest and tell them what happened and what we know," West said as she knocked on the door.

A few minutes later, Applejack came and answered the door.

"Anything Ah can do fer ya?" she said.

"Ich bin nicht sicher, was Sie gerade gesagt haben, aber meine Schwester und ich brauchen eine Übernachtungsmöglichkeit," Westen said.
"I'm not sure what you just said, but my sister and I need a place to stay for the night," West said.

"Uh, beg pardon?"

"Osten, hilf mir!"
"East, help me!"

"Du sagst etwas, ich werde es ausspielen."
"You say something, I'll act it out."

Westen began to explain again.

"Wir sind Schwestern," Osten and Westen put a hoof on each others' shoulders, "Wir wissen nicht was passiert ist," Osten sat and held her hooves up as if she were confused, "Wir brauchen einen Schlafplatz für die Nacht," Osten laid down on the ground and pretended to sleep, "Wirst du uns helfen?" Osten pointed at Applejack, traced a question mark on the ground, then pointed at her and her sister.
"We are sisters," East and West put a hoof on each others' shoulders, "We don't know what happened," East sat and held her hooves up as if she were confused, "We need a place to sleep for the night," East laid down on the ground and pretended to sleep, "Will you help us?" East pointed at Applejack, traced a question mark on the ground, then pointed at her and her sister.

Applejack thought for a minute, "So, you need a place to stay?" she said, pointing at the two sisters, then the barn, "Ah suppose y'all can stay as long as you need to," she said, nodding her head and holding out her hoof for them to go in, "Ah'll take y'all to the guest room. Also," she held her hoof to her chest, "I'm Applejack."

Applejack quickly showed them the guest room and tried her best to make them feel welcome, a difficult task since they couldn't talk to each other, but she managed to pull it off.

"Night," she said, leaving the room to go back to bed after they immediately fell asleep.

The next morning, Applejack woke up, as usual, with the Sun. She immediately went down to the kitchen to start breakfast, but she already smelled somepony cooking.

"You two?" she called, "You in here?"

"Ich habe fast das Frühstück fertig, Miss Applejack," Osten said, "Es ist ein Gericht aus der DDR. Ich bin mir sicher, dass es dir gefallen wird."
"I almost have breakfast ready, Miss Applejack," East said, "It is a dish from the GDR. I'm sure you will like it."

"Sounds fine ta me, whatever ya just said."

"Ich habe Apfelgebäck und Toast gemacht. Sie werden zum Frühstück von einigen Deutschen gegessen, oft auch mit Tee."
"I made apple fritters and toast. They are eaten for breakfast by some Germans, often times served with tea."

"Oh, Which one are you?" Applejack said, pointing her hoof at her.

The mare turned around to show her cutie mark, the hammer and compass.

"Applejack," Applejack said, pointing to her self, "You?" she pointed to Osten.

"Osten," she replied, holding a hoof to herself.
"East," she replied, holding a hoof to herself.

Applejack saw what Osten was making for breakfast, so, being a familiar treat, she decided to help out. Osten, however, refused to let her host pony do anything of the such.

"Lemmie give ya a hoof," Applejack said, going over to the counter.

"Nein, das wäre nicht richtig," Osten said, blocking Applejack, "Auf diese Weise zeige ich Ihnen unsere Dankbarkeit. Ich bin mir sicher, Westen wird ihre eigene Idee haben.
"No. It wouldn't be right," East said, blocking Applejack, "This is my way of showing our gratitude to you. I'm sure West will come up with her own idea."

"Maybe Twilight can help us when she gets up."

A few hours later, everyone was up and eating breakfast. Applejack had to explain the situation with Osten and Westen about why they couldn't talk and had to sign everything out, which they found odd, but were willing to go with it as long as they needed to.

As soon as they finished their breakfast, Applejack lead Osten and Westen to the Golden Oaks Library.

Author's Note:

I know the cutie marks are wrong. Otherwise, these are the exact characters.


Osten (Literally: East)

DeviantArt Page


Westen (Literally: West)

DeviantArt Page