• Published 13th Apr 2019
  • 4,732 Views, 88 Comments

True Form - Jest



Twilight and Chrysalis have come a long way in their relationship over the years. As their wedding looms, Twilight is about to learn a terrible secret.

  • ...
34
 88
 4,732

Alternative One

Author's Note:

I changed up some of the jokes, as well as the ending. Hope you enjoy!

Twilight sighed, snuggling a little deeper into the hooves of her lover, Chrysalis’ hard chitin surprisingly comfortable when pressed against the soft fur of an alicorn. The two creatures lay on a large couch bathed in the mid afternoon sun, the bay window illuminating their private library, as well as the books they held aloft in their magical aura. The alicorn was a little more distracted than her lover, having all but abandoned her book in favor of cuddling into Chrysalis’ stomach while the changeling queen was still reading her own book intently.

Twilight frowned and rolled her eyes. “You know I don't think I’ve ever seen anyone read a romance novel so seriously before.”

The queen snorted. “It is only natural that I study my prey’s opinions on love.”

“And it's definitely not the fact that the protagonist is a princess who falls in love with a changeling.” Twilight deadpanned.

Chrysalis huffed. “I will admit that may have been what first grabbed my attention.”

“Uh huh.” Twilight muttered. “So, what's happening in the book? You seem a little tense. More so than usual nyway.”

“Queen Metamorphosis is about to reveal her true form to princess Platinum.” The queen explained.

“Oh?” Twilight peeked over her lover’s hole riddled limb and noticed that was indeed what was happening, and by the sounds of it the queen was quite nervous about this event. “Aww that's adorable. I almost wish it had happened like that with us.”

The queen blinked, looking down at the alicorn nestled in her forelegs. “But I haven't shown you my true form yet.”

“What? Your in it right now though.” Twilight explained, turning around and looking up at the changeling. “I mean, you are in your true form, right?”

Chrysalis shook her head. “This shape simply takes the least energy to keep up.”

The alicorn blinked. “Uh, so what is your true form then?”

The queen winced. “Trust me when I say that's not something you want to see.”

“But Chrysalis, I thought we were being honest with each other from now on.” Twilight began, gripping the changeling’s hoof. “You promised no more lies, remember?”

“I did, but look.” The queen sighed, grabbing Twilight’s right forehoof in her both of her own, squeezing it gently. “You don't want to know. It's as simple as that Twilight. The true form a changeling queen is repugnant to the eyes of a pony.” She sighed, looking away. “Trust me, I know how this is going to end.”

“Oh my gosh you have done this with another pony!” Twilight gasped. “What was her name… or his name?”

“That doesn't matter.” Chrysalis dropped the mare’s hoof. “What does matter is what happened in the end. They left, disgusted, breaking off our engagement and leaving me alone. I don't want that to happen to us. No, I can't let that happen to us, I don't know if I could take it.”

The alicorn’s jaw fell open, clutching tight the necklace bearing a single pure emerald ring at the centre that rested around her neck. “I would never do that to you Chrysalis! We made a promise.”

The changeling queen looked away. “That's what they said as well.”

For a moment the two beings merely lay there, with the queen looking off into the darkness, her features downcast. All while Twilight chewed nervously on her lip, unsure of what to do or what to say. She wanted to assure the queen that she would still be here no matter what, but she wasn't sure how to put that into words without sounding cliche or admittedly, even reassuring at all. When the queen’s growing sadness became too much to bear Twilight set her jaw and grabbed the changeling’s hoof in her own, pressing the limb against her chest, just above the alicorn’s heart.

“Chrysalis, I swear to you that no matter what your true form is, I will always, always love you.” Twilight stated in as confident a tone as she could muster.

“She said-” Chrysalis began, only for Twilight to grip the queen’s hoof tighter.

“No, they did not say these words, they did not feel the confidence I feel. I promise you.” The alicorn exclaimed.

“I… are you sure? What if I am something truly repulsive? Like I don't know, the shmooze? Or Blue Blood?”

The alicorn stifled a giggle that threatened to escape past her lips. “Well I don't think that would be too bad. Though it is a little mean to put the shmooze in the same category as that monster.”

The queen chuckled mirthlessly. “Are you sure though? Because I want you to imagine the most disgusting thing you can think of, then forget that thing and think of something ten times worse. That's the real me.”

The alicorn’s face screwed up in concentration only for Twilight to shake her head a few seconds later. “Sorry, all I can think of is the shmooze but with the personality of Blue Blood and I literally cannot imagine anything worse than that.”

“That is fair, but trust me when I say that the ‘real’ me, is worse than even that.” Chrysalis replied, adding air quotes around the word real.

“So how bad are we talking about here? Cus I kinda like the fangs, and the sharp horn and the…” The alicorn shuddered, running her hoof down the queen’s hard exterior lovingly. “Everything else.”

“Way worse. There is nothing in the slightest bit attractive about what a changeling queen truly looks like.” The queen sighed. “To think that we could look like anything, while our true forms are the most repugnant manifestations of flesh this side of Tartarus. Harmony is cruel.”

“Okay it can't be that bad.” Twilight remarked. “At this point I think you've hyped up your own hideousness to the point that I don't even think it's possible for you to be truly that ugly.”

“Oh you would be surprised.”

“Try me.” Twilight demanded, standing up from the large couch and gesturing to the empty space next to her. “Come over here and show me this terrible, hideous truly disgusting mass of monstrous flesh that you seem to believe you are.”

“Look Twilight I know we said no lies but this is something that should stay a lie. The last pony that saw me, threw up.” Chrysalis raised a hoof, cutting off Twilight’s remark before it could leave her mouth. “Like everywhere, violently. I thought she threw up her very stomach for a second there.”

“At this point either show me, or just admit it's not that bad and this is all a joke.” Twilight demanded.

“I’m not getting out of this unscathed am I?” Chrysalis asked.

“Nope.”

“Fine. But when you are dry heaving on the floor I will change back and tell you I told you so.”

“Wait, how am I going to know that this even is your true form and your not just messing me by turning into some long extinct monster or something?”

“Changeling queens were created by a pony scientist eons ago, he mixed the genes of the worlds most evil animals to make the most evil creature of them all.” Chrysalis shrugged. “Drones have had their DNA mixed with ponies enough that they are not evil incarnate like us.”

“Okay.” Twilight frowned. “I’m really starting to think that this is all a joke at my expense. I mean you have to admit this does all sound a little far fetched. Pony scientists? Evil amalgamations? I mean how can you even measure evil anyway?”

“I do admit it does sound strange, but please believe me. Our creation was a dark and terrible deed, that we should not speak of.” Chrysalis sighed. “Do you really think I would lie to you about something like that?”

Twilight peered into the green orbs of her changeling lover for several long seconds before sighing. “I suppose not.”

“Now take a step back please, I will need a little more room.” Chrysalis remarked, shooing the alicorn away.

“Err okay.” Twilight muttered, giving the queen the space she wanted.

Now with a good fifteen feet of empty space to herself, the queen lit her horn, her expression suddenly filling with an uncharacteristic amount of indecision. “Are you sure your ready for this Twilight? Because one way or another our relationship will be changed forever.”

“Just get on with already.” Twilight exclaimed. “Honestly, at this point the hype is killing me.”

The queen shrugged. “Alright, but don't tell me I didn't warn you.”

Twilight watched closely as the changeling went through the usual motions that came with donning a disguise, only this time there seemed to be an extra step or two, with the queen setting her stance wide as she brung far more power to bear then normal. A second later and that power exploded from her horn, blinding the alicorn and causing her to reel back in shock, her eyes shutting instinctively to try and save her retinas from damage.

“Stars above Chrysalis.” Twilight grouched, her hooves pressed against her eyes. “I swear if this is just another excuse to turn into a large chested versoin of my mother I am going to be so pissed.”

Twilight frowned, only now realizing that there was no audible response, and indeed the only thing she could hear what sounded like the soft tap of padded feet. The alicorn pursed her lips and pulled back her hooves, blinking rapidly to clear her vision of the spots that swam before her. Slowly but surely she began to see, and what she saw was truly unlike anything she had ever imagined in all her years of life.

Before her was what looked like some form of hairless monkey with long arms and opposable thumbs. Its chest sported two large bumps which Twilight assumed were its mammary glands, which happened to be covered by long teal hair that flowed down from the creature’s head. Its other private parts were obscured by the same flowing hair which seemed to perfectly hide everything and ensuring the author didn't have to change the E rating for this story. Its small, beady eyes gleamed sharply with evil intent, its large teeth and prominent canines somehow more intimidating then the larger fangs the queen used to sport. All in all the creature was something akin to minotaur, yet much, much more horrifying.

“What the…” Twilight muttered, jaw hanging open.

Chrysalis stood there awkwardly, twisting this way and that, a nervous expression on her face and uncertainty in her eyes. Her hands balled into fists as the queen stood there, her appearance being judged by the one being she cared for more than any other. As the silence continued, a faint blush could be seen crossing the hairless monkey’s face, evidence that the awkward moment was becoming too much for even the changeling queen to bear.

Twilight’s mouth opened and closed weakly, unable to muster a response until she whispered the first thing that came to mind. “The most evil creature is…”

Man.” The queen finished.