• Published 9th Apr 2019
  • 707 Views, 35 Comments

The Weekly Equestria News - StormLuna



Equestria's only reliable news source.

  • ...
9
 35
 707

Princess Starlight Does Away with the Nobility

Article by Written Script

CANTERLOT- As many ponies know, it is the princesses who make the laws that we all must abide by but one thing many do not know is that it is the nobility who gives them advice on what should be passed and offers suggestions to them that they normally will listen to. The princesses have done this for centuries but those days have come to an end, a very unexpected and in the eyes of the working class ponies, a very deserving end.

During a recent meeting with the four princesses, Prince Blueblood had suggested to the princesses that they, the nobility, should be given special privileges and even be allowed to make the laws that Princess Celestia sets. While Celestia was initially open to the idea, the other princesses had their concerns and in the case of one, was going to make sure that such a thing would never come to pass.

Princess Luna let it be known to the nobility that while the princesses do listen to them as they have for centuries, that they would not be allowed any direct involvement in making the laws that the princesses set and enforce. Princess Twilight also voiced her concerns. In an interview with her she stated, "I know the nobility has had some influence for centuries but to allow them to have that kind of direct power is simply going too far. That kind of power is reserved for royalty and royalty alone." She then added, "Even I don't have nearly as much say as the other princesses because I am not of a royal bloodline."

Princess Celestia's daughter, Princess Starlight however went into a furious rage over their requests and went as far as to hold a nationally televised press conference. In the press conference, she exposed their desires to the nation and deemed the nobility as threats to national security. Given that she has been granted some special powers by Princess Celestia, she issued an executive order that all assets of the nobility were to be seized and that they be thrown in Tartarus for all eternity "solely for existing."

While Princess Celestia is shocked that her daughter would take such extreme actions over the requests, she wasn't completely surprised. When she was questioned about the matter she simply stated, "While many may think what my daughter did was extreme, she is my daughter and if she wants do to do something, then she shall be allowed to do so." She then added, "Well anything short of forcing my sister and I out and declaring herself as the sole ruler of Equestria of course."

While many ponies across Equestria have loathed the nobility and how the princesses will listen to them, many ponies think that by Celestia giving Starlight that much power and basically allowing her to do almost anything she wants regarding governance, that Equestria could be on its way to a de facto dictatorship ruled by a pony with humble origins, origins that could very well lead her to target any and all elite ponies in Equestria.

Here at the W.E.N. however, we welcome the additional powers that Princess Celestia has given her daughter. If anypony is going to look out for Equestria, it will be Princess Starlight.

Comments ( 1 )

9685006
Well that is extremely coincidental, since there’s another fic with pretty much exactly what you described:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/41596/1/past-sins/prelude-resurrection

Login or register to comment