• Published 9th Apr 2019
  • 702 Views, 35 Comments

The Weekly Equestria News - StormLuna



Equestria's only reliable news source.

  • ...
9
 35
 702

Pony Eating Parasprites Attack Fillydelphia!

Article by Written Script

FILLYDELPHIA- For ages all parts of Equestria have had problems with parasprites, particularly in areas right along the Everfree Forest but this time the attack was quite a long ways away as it hit in Fillydelphia. What happened was downright terrifying as not only did the attack caused plenty of damage but fatalities were involved as well.

We all remember the time when the parasprites attacked Ponyville in 2010 during the preparations for a party for Princess Celestia. During the attack, Twilight Sparkle cast a spell to cause the little beasts to go from eating food to eating anything but food. In the end it was Pinkie Pie who drove them back into the forest with her one-pony orchestra. For over eight years, the bugs were not seen anywhere in Equestria.

It was early this spring when the creatures were seen again, only this time it was in Fillydelphia. Something had changed about them though, rather than going after food, they began to go after ponies. The first attack was on West Fillydelphia Elementary on the west side of the city and they did not take any prisoners. Like they used to do, they consumed their meal in one bite. The day of the attack, Black Board, a first grade teacher watched in horror as they opened their mouths wide and swallowed her students whole.

She did everything she could, including raiding the school's music room to get the proper instruments but unfortunately, she was not able to get all the necessary instruments and her whole class was consumed. After that, the beasts attacked the kindergarten class but their teacher, Sunny Flowers, was a unicorn and was able to drive them away, from that school anyway.

Throughout the day, the youngest foals were attacked and consumed across the city, including the nursery at Fillydelphia General. Finally after a couple days, Prince Shining Armor arrived, drove the creatures out of town and cast a force-field around the city. Now this does cause some problems, for the force-field to work, Shining Armor has to stay in the city and now there are concerns Yakyakistan may attack the Empire and take it for themselves.

Scientists are unsure as to why the bugs gained the ability to eat ponies. Some of the old-fashioned ponies are blaming Discord, the Lord of Chaos but those who are familiar with the Everfree Forest and what some areas can do to creatures, believe that it was fumes from volcanic vents on the east side of the forest that caused the bugs to mutate into the deadly creatures they have become.

Princess Celestia is warning all citizens that if they see the bugs that they are to stay inside and contact unicorn members of the local pest control to come and fry them with their energy. When asked about communities where there are no unicorns, Princess Celestia made the following comment, "It sucks to be you, doesn't it?"