• Published 16th Apr 2019
  • 1,447 Views, 54 Comments

My Little Mages: Onset of Resolution - Foxhelm



With Celestia and Luna preparing to retire, a long forgotten villian, Grogar starts his grand plan, but Sombra wants none of it. A My Little Mage retelling of Begining of the End

  • ...
4
 54
 1,447

Arboricide

As Sombra continued to laugh at the stupified state of Twilight et al, he took on his seven-foot specter form. "Thank you for leading me here, to the source of the power of your greatest weapon. It cannot have been this easy. You fell for my ruse too well.” he continued to mock. “You honestly believed that I would knowingly put myself in harm’s way? I thought you were smarter than that, Twilight Sparkle, Daughter of Night Light of the House Sparkle, founded by Squire Sparkler Hope Skiáidies.” Sombra continued to laugh.

“How do you know my family’s founder?” Twilight asked as she was the first to recover slightly from what just happened.

Sombra stopped for a second, “His mother, Radiant Hope, was my wife, and I am his father,” Sombra declared. “I would say my line has lessened in my exile, but you are a demigod and your brother sired a born demigod, so trade-off.” Sombra gave a sigh of joy. “I know it’s unbelievable, but your eyes don’t deceive you,” As Sombra spoke he grabbed some the black crystal and transmuted it into a red crystal bastard sword that matched his height. He raised it and brought it down on the trunk shattering the tree to its roots, “the Tree of Harmony is DEAD!” he shouted as the blade came down. He then sent from his armor a black tendril to the shattered Elements, had it take the form of a large hammer and had it brought down on the remains of the Elements, reducing them to a fine powder, “And the Elements are dust in the wind!” Sombra added.

The six dropped to their knees not wanting to believe it. “It can't be!” Applejack shouted as she tried to fight back the tears.

“Paladins are really are terrible liars, and you are no exception, Applejack,” Sombra said as he looked among the shatter crystals of the tree. “However, the Elements aren’t your only weapon.” the king stopped as he picked up a box with six locks on it. “The Rainbow of Light is also something you can use.” Sombra sent six tendrils of his black shade into the locks. “Can’t have it lying around, now can I?” he asked before he ripped the box open, letting the Rainbow of Light out and seeing it dissipated in the air. The girls couldn’t move, the sight of it left them utterly frozen. “I doubt the Rainbow would have worked on me, and while I have done extraordinary well on my own, I’d like to have a favor owned in my pocket, should Tirek manage to be liberated from his prison. And now, nothing can stop me!” he shouted and laugh in triumphant.

“Discord! Discord can stop you!” Fluttershy countered as she got up, her face resolute in her faith.

“Do you trust the very embodiment of disharmony to bend the knee to you now that the one thing that could keep him in line no longer exists?” Sombra asked rhetorically. “My little girl, you’re are far too trusting. And do you think I don’t have a plan to deal with him should he challenge me?” he added as he started to leave the cave. “Now all that remains in my way are Celestia and Luna, but they will be too busy with their own matters. Not only that, they couldn’t destroy me before, and history has a way of rhyming with itself.” he laughed.

This laugh was cut short as Rainbow kicked him in the head. “Not if we beat you the old-fashioned way!” Sombra chuckled as he grabbed Rainbow by her leg and spun her around three times before he threw her back into her comrades knocking them all to the ground. He then summoned a cage made of black crystals. Twilight and Rarity tried to blast a way out but to no avail.

Sombra gave a silent laugh, “Didn’t your mother ever tell you that you should let the villain finish his monologue, he might let slip up and give you a means that can lead to his defeat.” he said as he walked to the cage and leaned against it. “Let’s see, you’re trapped in there, you can’t use the Elements of Harmony or the Rainbow of Light. Very soon the spirit of the forest, Gaea Everfree, is going to feel the violation of Star Swirl and the Pillars’ base of operations on the forest side of the borderstone Clover placed, which will take Star Swirl, the Pillars, Celestia and Luna hours to calm Gaea down. The Crystal Heart has no effect on me, and I can easily dispatch Shining Armor, Cadance and little baby Flurry.” Sombra listed. He smiled to himself and snickered for a second, “Now where should I start my reconquest?” he asked rhetorically. “Hmmm, maybe the closest town to here, what’s it called?” he asked deliberately faking ignorance. “It’s the hometown of you six, the name is on the tip of my tongue Mage City, Magic Town,” he snapped his fingers as he acted like he couldn’t recall the name. “I know I know what it is called.”

“OH FOR CELESTIA’S SAKE!!!” Rarity roared as she tried to blast out of the cage, “We will never let you lay a hand on Magiville!”

“Ah, Magiville, a simple name. How could I forget it?” Sombra mocked as he smirked.

“You won’t get away with this. So help mah, Ah’ll smite back to Hell if you hurt even one hair on Apple Bloom’s head!” Applejack shouted as she tried to hack at the crystals to make them break. It was a fruitless effort.

Sombra smirked, “And he said I couldn’t do this on my own.” he muttered to himself softly enough so that no one could hear him as Applejack continued to hack at the crystal. He laughed and left them in the cage in the cave.


After nearly ten minutes of everyone taking a turn trying to break free, they all sat down. “What do we do?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight tried to blast the crystal cage again, but her magical blast failed. She sighed, “I wish I knew.” She started to hold herself, “I knew I wasn’t ready but I never thought I'd mess up this badly.” Tears started to form in the corners of her eyes. “I fell for Sombra’s trap and lost not only the Elements, The Tree and the Rainbow of Light, but Sombra’s going to take over.”

As Twilight shed a couple of tears, she and the others turned to Pinkie, “Please tell us you have a joke, a witty pun, a gag, anything that might lift our spirits.” Twilight pleaded.

Pinkie shook her head as her hair seemed to deflate, “Sorry, but there isn’t anything funny about this.” She sighed as she wiped tears from her eyes, “I don’t want to, but I can’t stop but imagine him hexing Pound and Pumpkin, sweet little Pound and Pumpkin.

Rarity sniffed as she tried to control her own emotions, “or Sweetie… No, I have to stay strong… Oh Sweetie Bellelelele!!!!” she whaled, “I failed her! I am the worst sister ever!” She gasped. “And Spikie-wikie…”

“Scootaloo,” Rainbow added as tears dripped down her cheek.

“Angel... and everybody forced to do that monster's bidding!” Fluttershy added as she covered her face and started to cry.

Twilight raised her head and looked around them. She then kicked at the ground. She then moved so that she could dig with her hands. This was first noticed by Applejack, “What are you doing?” the paladin asked.

Twilight continued to dig, “We have to get out of here. Right now I neither have a plan nor do I know what we’re gonna do once we get out. But we have to do something, or else Sombra will make everyone we love slaves!” She stated as she started to dig faster.

Pinkie’s hair reinflated as the trickster got up and skipped towards Twilight. Pinkie then made her hair into a spinning drill. “Out of the way girls!” she shouted and dove into the small hole that Twilight had started and made a hole large enough for four people shoulder to shoulder as the radius. After about a minute, Pinkie emerged outside of the cage, “Come on girls! We got a baddie’s rear to kick!”

The other five looked at each other, “It’s Pinkie Pie, don’t question it.” they said together before they went into the tunnel that Pinkie made.


After they got out of the cave, Twilight teleported them to Magiville, but it was too late. They gasped as Sombra was leading everyone else from the town out in the direction of Chantalot. Applejack then spotted Apple Bloom, while Rarity spotted Sweetie Belle, Rainbow spotted Scootaloo, Twilight spotted Spike and Pinkie spotted the Cakes. “Apple Bloom!” Applejack shouted as she ran to her sister, as did Rarity and Rainbow, Twilight went after Spike and Pinkie the Cakes. “It's me! Look at me, sugarcube!” she pleaded as the bewitched Apple Bloom continued to match with the rest.

“Sweetie Belle,” Rarity shouted as she tried to stop her sister, “Don’t listen to him! Fight him, Sweetie!” she pleaded but like Apple Bloom, she went past Rarity to join the army.

“Come on Little Buddy, your will is stronger than this! Don’t give in, Scoots!” Rainbow pleaded but was a fruitless as Rarity’s and Applejack’s attempts to get to their sisters.

At the same time, Twilight tried to stop Spike, “Spike! Stop! You can’t leave!” she pleaded. Spike continued to fly. Twilight took a breath and focused her mind as she tried to reach the part of her in Spike that made him her familiar. But the part of her couldn’t seem to reach Spike. As she strained to get through, a bewitched Starlight bumped into her. Twilight then turned, “Starlight! You have to wake up!” she shouted.

Starlight walked around Twilight, “Must lay siege to Chantalot.” she said in a monotone as she rejoined Sombra’s armor.

Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity joined Twilight as they could only look on. They each looked to each other and each saw tears forming in the corners of the eyes.

“NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!” they heard Pinkie scream. They ran in the direction of Sugar Cube Corner and found Pinkie on her knees sobbing as the Cake family left with a cart with a seven-layer cake with black frosting and something written on the top level. Pinkie pointed to the cake, “It’s a black licorice fruit cake with ‘Congratulations King Sombra’ in green frosting!” she said the others got a good look at the cake “It's the ugliest cake I've ever seen!” she continued to sob as she pulled the four into a hug as they were joined by Fluttershy and her animals.

“Well, Sombra hasn’t gotten the animals.” the druid tried to comfort her friends. She saw that it didn’t seem to offer much help. Her friends weren’t angry but the sorrow they felt remained. Fluttershy sighed as her heart grew heavy at the sight, “But I suppose I've never been so sad in my whole life!” she admitted.

Twilight looked to the heavens, “Please, I don’t know what to do.” she pleaded as if she was speaking to some being in the sky. “I don’t know how to free those Sombra hexed. I know others are counting on me, but things have gone so wrong.” she closed her eyes as tears dripped down her cheeks. “This can’t get any worse,” she whispered. She soon felt someone tap her shoulder. “I just had to speak,” she muttered as she turned and looked behind her with everyone else to see the plant life of the Everfree Forest grow at a rapid rate and seemed going in a rage. “What do we do? If you go after Sombra, the Everfree is likely to destroy Magiville, but if we tackle the Everfree, Sombra will take over Mystica.” After a moment of thought, “We don’t know how to beat Sombra yet, but we can figure it out after this.” She said as she closed her eyes and opened them showing fields of purple.

Fluttershy took a breath as she let herself change into dragon about the same size as her friends, “For our friends!” the druid shouted as she huffed out some fire.

Applejack drew her sword, Rarity picked out a few sharpened diamonds, “For our families!” the two shouted.

Pinkie drew her mallet and Rainbow readied her bow, “For our home!” the two shouted together.

“For Mystica!” Twilight shout.

MYSTICA!” the six shouted together as the charged the raging plants.


As Twilight et al grappled with the black crystals and plants, Sombra matched with his ever-increasing army of bewitched civilians to Chantalot. Once he arrived at the southern gate he blasted one of the chains used to pull up the drawbridge, preventing the ESM from drawing the bridge up. He then turned to hexed residents. He then spotted a certain blue-haired sentinel. “You,” he ordered and pointed to the door, “Break it down!” he ordered.

Flash drew his sword, “DARK STAR SABRE!!!” the bewitched sentry shouted as a beam much like his Star Sabre but was like a black hole in color. The beam struck the door and sundered it open.

Sombra gave a throaty laugh as he proceeded across the bridge, his army in tow. He proceeded to stroll into the city like he owned the place. All the while hexing the people to his will until he reached Celestia’s and Luna’s throne room. He threw the doors opened and smiled. He then walked the hall to the throne. He stopped at the mirror that showed him being defeat by Spike. He frowned at it before he pooled some of his magic into his right hand and blasted the mirror into a thousand and six pieces. With the window shattered, his smile returned and he continued to the thrones. He sat down on Celestia’s throne and conjured an hourglass. “Well, Twilight the ball is in your court,” he muttered.


As Sombra conjured his hourglass, Twilight et al were fighting back the wild plants. Fluttershy had reverted back to her human form. “What do we do?” she asked, “these plants are growing back too fast!”

Everyone took a few steps back and wiped their foreheads, “I don’t know.” Twilight sighed. Just then, two beams struck a handful of plants, forcing them back. One of the beams was solar golden and one was lunar argent. Everyone turned to see Celestia and Luna fly towards them. As the princesses land a teleportation ring appeared and in it was Star Swirl, Rockfoot, Meadowbrook, Somnambula, Flash Magnus, and Mistmane. “Princesses! Star Swirl!” Twilight cheered. “How did you-” she started.

“We felt the Tree of Harmony’s…” Meadowbrook cut off Twilight but then trailed off as every one of the Pillars looked down.

“It was as if a part of my soul was just erased,” Mistmane added as she placed her hand on her heart.

Twilight turned to the princesses and back to the Pillars, “I alerted them as soon as I could.” Star Swirl informed. “Now let us take care of the forest.”

“I think we might need a different approach then what we did when we worked out of your old tower,” Flash Magnus said as he drove to be in front of everyone and intercepted a vine lashing forward.

Before anyone asked, “Lass, we planted the seed that became the Tree of Harmony.” Rockfoot pointed out as he swung his shovel to beat back a vine. “We use to tackle these in-between missions.” the massive warrior informed.

“This is all my fault, I feel for Sombra’s trick and lead him to the tree,” Twilight said after she blasted a vine.

Somnambula gave Twilight a hug, “Don’t be, if what I’ve read since we came back is true, Sombra was going to find a way to destroy the tree with or without you falling for his trap.” Somnambula turned back to the forest. “Let us take of this, we got this.”

Twilight nodded and then turned to Celestia, “There’s more, he took control of everyone else and he…”

“We know,” Celestia cut Twilight off. “Go, the Pillars need Luna and I more here and we could only banish him for one thousand five hundred years the last time we faced him, and History rhymes,” Celestia ordered as she and Luna both blasted some of the black crystals. “I know you have this.”

Twilight turned to her friends, “Well what are we waitin’ for?” Applejack asked as she grabbed Rarity’s hand, Rarity and Fluttershy’s hand as Fluttershy took Rainbow’s, Rainbow took Pinkie’s and then Pinkie and Applejack took Twilight’s hand. “Let’s get a-goin'.” Twilight nodded. She took a breath and then teleported the six from there.