• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 224 Views, 2 Comments

Diary of Inky the Changeling - ThoraxFictions



Inky the Changeling gets to write in a diary!

  • ...
 2
 224

Flying Fast, But With a Buzz

Dear Diary,
I woke up bright and early today. Even though I didn’t want getting up. I actually wanted to see how Rainbow was doing in the Wonderbolts. It’s actually in the sky in Cloudsale.

“Wait....” I thought. What if I can’t stand on the clouds? Well, that question we’ll be solved when I get to them.
————————————
Cloudsale.10:24
I CAN ACTUALLY STAND ON CLOUDS!! It’s so cool!!! And soooo soft. I actually decided to lay on my back with my hooves in the air. I’m sorry! It’s amazingly soft! But I got embarrassed by Rainbow Dash.

“Uh...What the hay are you doing, Inky?” I stared in embarrassment. I jumped up and blushed a lot.

“Um...ehehe?” I nervously laughed. Rainbow ignored it, and asked “Why are you here? I have a Wonderbolts session.”

“Well, I just wanted to see how you were doing with it.” I replied. Rainbow nodded. She understood. But then I heard a voice.

“Hey! Dash! Come on!” The voice called. I looked and there was a pony with a orange and yellow mane which was spiked up.

“Oh! Comin’! See you later, Inks.” Rainbow said before she left. So I was left to explore. But for some reason, my ears started ringing.
“Owww! What the-“ I thought. Then I realized that a loud whistle just blown. Well, it was loud alright. That hurt my ears.

“Hey...what are they doing?” I thought. All I heard was that whistle and that pony again with more ponies. I flew over there to see what was happening. Apparently, they were having a little spin test. I watched from behind because I didn’t wanna get noticed.

“Hey Changeling?” A new voice called my name, I turned and I saw a white pony with swifted white and blue hair. She looked young. She said her name was Vapor Trail.

“Are you waiting for the spin test? Are you even a Wonderbolt?” She asked. Of course, I had to answer.

“W-Well...um...I was just watching.” I replied. She believed me, and I moved over so she could get in line. I was amazed when I saw the first Pegasus go on the spin test thing. It was cool! So, they started to spin, then they got launched and they were supposed to fly back. It looked fun. But I wasn’t a Wonderbolt.

“Hey Rainbow Dash! That looks cool!” I told her. She looked surprised.

“Well, some Pegasi think it’s nauseating” she told me back. I was dumbfounded, but I understood after a second.

“Hey...while I have a break....wanna race?” Rainbow competitionly asked. I did think that would be fun, but tiring. But I wanted too anyway.

“Sure, let’s do it!” I agreed. But I wasn’t ready for how fast she was gonna count.

“Ok!123GO!” She said fastly. She flew off. Then I took off. She was far ahead, but I was catching up. But, I heard someone yelling “SAVE RAINBOW DASH FORM THR CHANGELING!” Me and Rainbow stopped.

“Um...who was that?” I nervously asked. She looked around and went “Oh no...Spitfire..”

“Wait...Who?” I asked. Then I saw a Pegasi flying toward us. I think she was charging at me!

“Spitfire! Stop!” Rainbow yelled to her. I was so relieved that Spitfire didn’t hit me, but confused why Rainbow Dash blocked me. They had a little argument, while I flew down to the ground. I decided to call Twilight to tell her, but hung up before she could answer. It just felt childish.

“Nevermind..” I quietly said to myself. Rainbow came down and said we could continue are race. I said OK. So we went on for a while. Rainbow won 4 rounds, and I won 2. I didn’t care though, it was fun. Anyway, Rainbow went back to her Wonderbolt session. But then Thorax called me. He said to meet me at Twilight’s Castle. I was gonna come back tomorrow.
—————————————
Back at Cloudsale. 10:46
Today was a Wonderbolt show. Everyone was there. The mane 6, except Rainbow, because she was performing. Starlight came, Spike came, and even Thorax made the time to come, you know...being the king and all. This was gonna be exciting. But, for some reason, one of the Wonderbolts were gone. They needed every Wonderbolt for the show. They needed a replacement.

“Oh Sweet Celestia!” Rarity said. Twilight thought there was only a few people in the group. There weren’t too many Pegasi. So there were only a few options. “Fluttershy, Twilight, Thorax, Me, of any other Pegasi there.”

“Hmmm....You two.” Spitfire pointed at Thorax and Me. Even though one Wonderbolt was gone, she picked us both. I thought this was gonna be interesting.

“Well...okay? Come on.” Thorax and I got up and flew toward the Wonderbolts. I was so glad I raced Rainbow so I had some practice. Thorax, on the other hoof, was just doing his job as king. I don’t know how well he’ll do. This is honestly kinda uncomfortable, but we had too. I mean, this is the Wonderbolt show, we gotta impress the audience.

“You ready?” Thorax whispered. I nodded. After a couple seconds, we started to fly. This was a lot of exercise, but it was fun. Especially when we went really fast. My wings never buzzed so fast in my life. I did a little spin while I was flying. Thorax was just looking straight ahead, super focused.

“Woo!” I was having a lot of fun! This was extremely tiring though, but worth it. After a couple tricks, the show ended. Everyone was cheering. Me and Thorax went track to the others.

“Well, that was fun.” Thorax said. I nodded, not out of breath. Without me knowing, Rainbow Dash pounced on me!

“Ow! What the hay!” I said in surprise. Rainbow was more happy than normal.

“You were amazing, even for Changelings.” She applauded, clapping her hooves.

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash.” Thorax thanked. As we went back home. I glanced back to the Wonderbolts. I buzzed over to them.

“Hey, um... thanks for letting me and Thorax help the Wonderbolts.” I thanked. Spitfire nodded.

“Well, I did a lot of that buzzing.” Spitfire said. I nodding, giggling a bit. I flew back to the others. I think this was a amazing, yet eventful day. Well, gotta go. Bye!

Author's Note:

If you didn’t understand the context, Inky goes to visit Rainbow Dash at her Wonderbolts sessions. Then the next day, he and Thorax get themselves as replacements for the team.

Thanks for reading Chapter 2! Check out more chapters I’m gonna make!