• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 5,513 Views, 155 Comments

And then there was that one time Trixie became a communist - Blarghalt



TGAPT goes red.

  • ...
11
 155
 5,513

Мир и свободу!

Trixie froze there for a moment, her brain still processing the purple pony's appearance. She regained her senses after shaking her head, and ignored Twilight, continuing on with her show.

“Be amazed, equines, as the Glorious and Revolutionary Trixie shows you how to–”

She fumbled as Twilight's disappointed glare pierced her. While her apology back in Ponyville had been sincere, it didn't mean that ponies stopped shunning her. The purple unicorn was probably judging her right now, and whispers of criticism wormed into her ear.

Trixie's face began to turn red and she gritted her teeth and tried to block out the imagined heckling of Twilight and company. She failed, and soon the entire crowd turned against her. Or so she thought. In actuality, the crowd had simply started to disperse as the magician lost her momentum, but the imagined mocking of hundreds of ponies echoed throughout Trixie's head, causing her to cover her eyes and shake her head.

She gritted her teeth and her face turned red as the imaginary mocking and name-calling grew louder and louder.

By this time, the entire crowd had left, sans Twilight and her friends.

“Uh, Twilight? I know she was a jerk to us, but...” asked Rainbow said, pointing toward the shivering blue unicorn.

Twilight sighed and walked up onto the stage to apologize to Trixie, tapping her on the shoulder. “Uh, Trixie? Sorry I snapped at you back there. I'm just really disappointed that you—“

Twilight didn't get an opportunity to finish her sentence, as a blast of pure magic erupted from Trixie and sent her flying across the plaza. Rainbow Dash flew back and grabbed her, and all of them looked on in terror as Trixie was completely enveloped by an orb of magic. Her eyes were glowing whites, and sparks were crackling off her horn.

“THE GREAT AND REVOLUTIONARY TRIXIE WILL NOT TOLERATE DISSENT!” Trixie bellowed, her voice cracking walls and sending small rubble crumbling into the streets.

A second wave of magic sent the girls to the ground, and the orb around Trixie grew even brighter.

“THE REVOLUTION CANNOT BE STOPPED! THE OLD SYSTEM HAS BECOME IRRELEVANT!” she howled, and in a sudden brilliant blast, she was gone.

Pinkie Pie bounced up to her shocked friends, seemingly ignoring the vast piles of shattered wood and rubble around them.

“Hi! Did I miss anything fun?”
~

Hammer Jammer and his comrades were in their small room, discussing the nature of the revolution and when it would be ready. As usual, they all assured themselves that the time to topple the old regime was at hoof, but none of them were ready to make any concrete plans to start it themselves.

Just as they were about to adjourn, a bright flash of light exploded in the center of the room, sending all of its occupants against a now blackened wall. They slowly peeled off, leaving their silhouettes behind as the plopped to the floor.

Smooth Sickle was the first to look up, and was stunned to see Trixie floating there, completely bathed in power.

Proley was the second to get up, and the first to speak, “Trixie? Is that you?”

Trixie looked down and the light around her slowly faded as she floated to the floor, smiling. When she landed, her eyes returned to normal and the electricity crackling around her ceased.

“Greetings, comrades.”

Hammer Jammer pulled himself up and adjusted his tie before leaning in to make sure that the intruder was the same nervous unicorn pony he had sent on an errand the day before.

“I'm sure you have a very good explanation for why you've destroyed our meeting room,” Hammer Jammer said, inspecting one of the pieces of what used to be a table.

Trixie, in a very serene manner, flared her horn up with magic and created an illusion, a stylized retelling of her own memories.

“The Great and Revolutionary Trixie did what you asked, Hammer Jammer,” she said as the illusion showed a very extravagant and well-kept Trixie triumphantly posting flyers all around town, even up to the highest tower as Trixie burst into the throne room and plastered one on Pricess Celestia's face.

“But then, the Great and Revolutionary Trixie had an idea!” she shouted as the romanticized Trixie had a gigantic light bulb appear over her head and rushed off into the forest.

Stylized Trixie then assembled the cart in a manner of seconds in a flurry of smoke and hammer banging, presenting the cart to the chorus of angels, “I would do something so much better than simply post notices all over town in hopes that ponies would come to us! I would bring word of revolution to the ponies!”

Romantic Trixie then bounced up the side of the mountain with the cart on her back, and triumphantly landed in the central square, causing the cart to open up to an impossibly huge crowd of ponies and began to give a speech.

“But!” Trixie interrupted and six long shadows appeared over the crowd Stylized Trixie was giving a speech to, “They appeared.”

Red Flag raised a hoof, “Who's they?”

Trixie scowled, and her the point of view in her illusion spun around to reveal six dark shadows, their eyes glowing red.

“Enemies of the revolution!” she exclaimed, “One of them ever serves the Great Opressor! “

Smooth Sickle held out a hoof, “I'm sorry Trixie, but this is a lot to take in at once. Could you start over and–“

Trixie ignored them, and began identifying each of the shadows as the lightened and revealed their respective owner.

“Applejack! Sold her entire family into slavery!” Trixie declared as a corrupted Applejack came into view, holding a rotten apple in one hoof and a sack of bits in the other. The earth pony was laughing, and her cackling grew louder as she took a bite out of the apple, spewing bits of food out of her mouth as she did so.

“Fluttershy! Imprisons animals and does who-knows-what to them!” she said as a pale and sickly-looking Fluttershy appeared, holding a giant syringe and wearing a surgeon's mask. She squirted out some of the strange fluid inside the syringe, and gave an evil chuckle.

“Rarity! The very model of a decadent bourgeoisie!” spewed Trixie as the white unicorn appeared at her store. An impoverished pony appeared inside the store, looking for a dress. When he pointed one out, the sharp-toothed and rather chubby fake Rarity upped the price by a factor of ten, causing the poor pony to cry.

“Rainbow Dash! The military wing of the capitalist state!” Trixie growled as the blue pegasus pony showed up directing orders to an entire battalion of other pegasi. This Rainbow Dash was overly muscular, and sported a general's uniform. The imagined Rainbow Dash barked orders at every pony that passed by, and blew smoke into the face of all her subordinates with the fat cigar hanging out the side of her mouth.

“Pinkie Pie. She may have once been a friend to the revolution, but her consumerist ways have driven her mad.” Trixie sighed as a Pinkie Pie in a straightjacket was shown, struggling and muttering to herself in a padded room.

The last shadowed pony grew in size, and an evil grin spread across its lips as lightning flashed in the background of the illusion. The bolt dispelled the shadow for a brief moment and gave view a Twilight Sparkle with a mottled mane, cracked horn, and crazed eyes.

“Finally, there is Twilight Sparkle. She holds unimaginable power, and uses it at every opportunity to crush dissent. I have it on good authority that her own town, Ponyville, is a virtual police state due to her constant reports back to Princess Celestia!”

Trixie heaved heavily after he rant was complete, and her comrades simply stared at her in shock.

“That's quite a story, comrade,” spoke Red Flag, his voice full of doubt.

“Not that I doubt your words, but how do you know so much about these six anyway?” Proley added.

Trixie turned to both of them, her eye twitching and her mouth twisted into a snarl. She then remembered she was addressing her new friends, and quickly adopted an overly cheery demeanor.

“Oh, that's easy! Once I tried to bring the word of revolution to Ponyville, and they kicked me out! Then I spent a month spying on all of them! That's not weird, right?” she asked, finishing her sentence with a series of desperate laughs, the last of which ended in a sob.

Hammer Jammer adjusted his glasses, “Are you okay, comrade? I'm starting to think you weren't ready for–”

Trixie's eyes instantly glowed white with power again, and storm clouds began to gather over the college.

“I AM BEST PONY FOR THE REVOLUTION!” she screamed in reply, “AND THE REVOLUTION STARTS NOW!”

Trixie's horn produced a blinding flash of light, and in the blink of an eye the room was empty.

~

Trixie and her comrades were promptly deposited into an empty cabin, all of them hitting the floor face-first.

Hammer Jammer scrambled up and and pointed at Trixie in an accusing manner, “What have you done!?”

Trixie smiled, “Oh, this is a cabin I found on my travels, a few miles out of Phillydelphia. Sometimes I would come here to cry. But now it's a perfect springboard for the revolution!”

“Forget the revolution!” Smooth Sickle shouted back, “Take us home this instant!”

Trixie gasped, covering her mouth with both her hooves.

It was at this moment that System Smasher erupted from the floorboards, sending wood and nails everywhere.

“This place has a basement!” he yelled before retreating back into the hole he had created. Red Flag walked over and peeked down it, and a look of awe overcame him.

“Guys?” he said, motioning for them to come closer, “I think you'll want to see this.”

The others gathered around the hole, peering down into the darkness. As their eyes adjusted, they saw what appeared to be a giant stockpile of fireworks and flares, all in varying stages of completion.

Smooth Sickle slowly turned to Trixie, his mout agape, “Did you–did you make these?”

“Oh yes,” Trixie said, and jumped down the hole, using her magic to cushion her landing. She looked back up to her shocked comrades, noticing the confusion on their faces, “Oh, I've been stockpiling these for a few months now. Was planning to set Ponyville on fire and all that.”

Trixie started rummaging through several of the boxes, all of them marked “DANGER” or “EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE”, tossing several small firecrackers and what appeared to be bombs behind her.

“Trixie?” Hammer Jammer asked, but the unicorn pony ignored him. As she seemed to have tuned out the outside world as she was taking inventory of her armory, Hammer Jammer turned towards his comrades.

“Well, what now?”

He was met with silence, until Proley was the first to talk.

“You know,” she said, “We have been doing nothing but talking about revolution for the past, what, ten years?”

And the college's ledgers haven't seen black for a while,” Red Flag added.

“A revolution would bring direly required aid to our institution.” System Smasher explained, appearing out of nowhere donning a monocle and corncob pipe. He blew a few bubbles and immediately reverted to his demented self, scurrying off to some corner to rant about communes.

Hammer Jammer placed a hoof on his face and heaved, “Fine. But when we all get thrown in prison don't go blaming me,” he said, and turned to Trixie.

“Trixie?” he said, and the unicorn jerked towards him expectantly,

“I don't know what you're planning–”

“And really don't want to know...”

“But whatever it is, you have our support. Worker's solidarity and all that.”

Trixie beamed, and immediately flew to her comrades and forced them all into a group hug.

“Delightful news, fellow workers!” she practically screamed, and just as they believed they'd never breathe again she let them go and bucked, not kicked, bucked the door to the cabin open. She took several small sacks, filled them with explosives, and pointed to the barely visible skyline of Phillydelphia in the distance.

“We must begin the Pony's War by cutting off the cities. Canterlot is too strong for us yet, but Phillydelphia is like a capitalist stack of chips just waiting to be trampled!”

Before any of her leftist companions could question her simile, she grabbed them all by magic and along with her explosives, carried them out the door.

“The revolution is nigh!” she sang along the road, “Down with monarchy! Long live Ipposcracy!”