• Published 3rd Apr 2019
  • 614 Views, 20 Comments

Sibling Revivals - PhoenixSoul91



A brother and sister reunited after being more than an ocean apart.

  • ...
0
 20
 614

Falling For

Shining Light let out a growl of frustration before kicking the bed covers off. He'd been trying, but failing to sleep. His mind continued to drift back to earlier that day. Hearing about Sunset's past, and seeing where she was now living.

He got out of bed, and walked over to the only window in his small bedroom. He looked up at the large full moon still in the sky. Glancing down at the digital on his night stand told him it was only three in the morning. He growled again before grabbing a pair of sweat pants and pulling them on. He pulled on a shirt then his shoes.

Leaving the bedroom he crossed in the living room in a few strides, grabbing a flame patterned sweatshirt from the tiny coat closet. He left the apartment locking it behind him. He didn't bother going to his car. his destination wasn't that far. He soon found himself standing at one of the entrances of Canterlot City Park. It wasn't exactly against the law to be there at night, but it wasn't the safest place to be either.

"Alright then," he stretched his legs a little before flipping the hood of his sweatshirt over his head, and took off running down the trail.

It had been a long time since he had just gone for a simple run. He pushed himself as hard as he could. True it was dangerous to do that at night when the path was only lit by tiny lights instead of during the day. He didn't care though, the rush helped to clear his mind. He'd run this trail many times before so he didn't exactly need the light to know where he was going. Though if it had been during the day he might have seen her sooner.

It was a blind curve. She was there before him, but he was going too fast. He couldn't stop himself in time. He tried to side step her. His step was too wide and he knew it.

"AH!" the voice was female.

"Oh, shit," Light said as his foot slipped on the loose gravel of the path.

"Watch out!" the woman cried out.

"ARGH!" his momentum carried him off the path and down the slope of the hill.

Light didn't remember the whole fall, but he did know when his shoulder became dislocated. When he finally stopped falling he lay there on the ground for a moment trying to regain his lost breath.

"Can you hear me?" the woman called down to him. "Are you hurt?"

"Yeah," he groaned as he started to sit up.

"Then don't move," she said as she started to pick her way down the slope. "I'll call for an ambulance."

"Nah," he called back doing his best to use a tree to support his upward movement without the use of his injured arm. "I've survived worse."

"I highly doubt that," the woman said as she approached him looking at his limp arm. "Your arm looks broken."

"It's ok, I'm gooARGH!" the last word was cut off as he slammed his shoulder into the tree popping it back into place.

"Good heavens," she said as she watched him, jumping slightly. "You must be crazy."

"A little, yeah," he nodded as he slowly moved his arm to test it.

"Well as long as you know," she chuckled softly.

"Are you certain you are ok?" she asked as the clouds moved past the moon giving them more light to see by.

"Yeah," he raised his hand to his head to wipe some sweat from his face only to realize it was blood.

"I have a first aid kit in my car," she said in a stern voice. "You may not want an ambulance, but you WILL let me clean you up."

"Yes, ma'am," he chuckled.

She helped him back up the slope doing her best not to touch the arm he'd injured. They made their way in the direction she had come from walking in silence. Every so often Light would look over at her, but the hood of her sweatshirt was up the same as his. Once they reached the parkinglot he pretty sure he knew which was her car. It was after all the only one there.

She had parked under one of the actual lights so it was easy to see everything. She opened the trunk and rumaged around before finding the first aid kit.

"Now let's have a look at you," she said as she turned to face him.

"Yeah," Light said as he pulled back his hood and looked down at her.

Now that they were no longer moving, and just standing Shining Light realized that they weren't that much different in height. She looked up at him and frowned. She popped open the kit and pulled out a few alcohol pads.

"Ok this is going to sting," she said softly as she motioned for him to sit on the back of the car.

"I just fell down a hill and dislocated my shoulder, and popped it back into place," he said giving her a raised eyebrow. "I think I can handle a little alcohol."

"That's what they all say," she said before giggling softly when he hissed in pain as she dabbed at the cut near his temple. "I thought you could take it."

"Haha," he said dryly. "Very funny."

"There," she placed a bandage over the cut. "That should do it."

"Thanks," he said reaching up and lightly touch the bandage.

"So," she said as she put the kit away, and closed the trunk. "What's your name?"

"Shining Light," he answered looking at her. "What's yours?"

"Luna," she said as she pulled her sweatshirt off and her long mane of blue hair fell around her.

Shining Light was speechless for a moment. He'd seen beautiful women before, but something about her was different. The way the light framed her face, it gave her a regal look as she looked at him.

"What?" Luna asked shifting her weight and placing a hand on her hip.

"Sorry," Light said shaking his head. "Just.... Sorry."

Luna frowned slightly as she looked at him. Now that she wasn't focused on the cut he had a familiar look. Though she was certain she'd never met him before. Looking at his sweatshirt she noticed it was torn in several places from his fall. Her frown deepened as she thought that it was her fault he fell.

"Thanks," he said before giving her a wave and turning to leave.

"Just a moment, Shining Light," she said taking a step towards him.

"Yeah?" he asked turning back to her.

"I'm sorry," she said softly.

"For what?" he asked giving her a genuinely confused look. "You just helped me out."

"No for making you fall," she shook her head. "I should have paid attention while I was walking."

"By that train of thought," he said with a smile. "It's just as much my own fault. At least you were walking. I was running."

"True," she giggled a little, he had an adorable smile. "I still feel bad though. You got hurt, and I didn't even get a scratch."

"Don't feel bad," he chuckled stepping a little closer. "I get hurt a lot."

"You sound proud of that," she said leaning against her car.

"I'm still here."

"Fair point."

They stood there in silence for a moment.

"Hey, Luna," he said softly as a light blush krept on his cheeks. "I know this is going to sound strange, but would you like to grab coffee some time?"

"No," she answered a little too quickly a blush on her own cheeks.

"Right," he gave her a sheepish grin. "Just a thought."

"What I mean is," the words flew from her lips. "I don't drink coffee....How about lunch instead?"

"Sure," Light beamed at her. "When?"

"How about this afternoon?"

"Sure," he nodded. "I'll meet you...."

"You can meet me here," Luna said after walking to the front of the car and pulling out pen and paper ,and writing an address on it.

"Alright," he took the paper still smiling. "What time?"

"12:30," she said simply and walked to the other side of the car Light couldn't help watch her walk the gentle swaying of her hips was hypnotic to say the least.

"See you then."

-Luna's office later in the morning-

Luna looked over at the phone on her desk as the message alert went off. She smiled at the name of the contact.

Hey, Lulu.

Hey, Candygirl,

What are you doing today?

Ummm, working.

Well listen. I was hoping you could come out with me and Shining Armor later.

Why does this sound like another one of your schemes to set me up with someone?

Why do you always think that?

"Gee, I wonder why?" Luna chuckled to herself.

Any way I've got to finish these reports before lunch.

Why?

I'm meeting someone for lunch.

Luna jumped slightly when her office phone rang. Reaching over she picked it up.

"Canterlot High school," Luna started but was cut off.

"WHO IS HE? WHERE DID YOU MEET? HOW DID YOU MEET?"

"Are you serious, Cadance?" Luna laughed as she leaned back in her chair.

"Tell me everything," Cadance squealed over the phone. "Start at the beginning."

"Well," Luna smiled as she looked up at the ceiling. "I guess you could say he fell for me, hard."

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. "Until the Next Chapter."