• Published 3rd Apr 2019
  • 614 Views, 20 Comments

Sibling Revivals - PhoenixSoul91



A brother and sister reunited after being more than an ocean apart.

  • ...
0
 20
 614

Disbelief

"No she's not," Shining Light said standing up his face a mask of anger. "My sister is dead!"

"What?!" Twilight took a step back in shock.

"Bro," Armor began as he stood up to stand between his sister and friend. "Calm down."

"Calm down?!" Light breathed his fists clenched his voice ragged. "I gotta say I'm impressed, Armor."

"What?" Armor blinked at his friend.

"To think you'd finally try and get me back for all the things I pulled on you," Light let unclenched his hands and flopped back down onto his seat. "Though I gotta admit I never thought you of all people would go that low."

"Twily?" Armor looked over at his sister. "Go."

Twilight nodded, and ran after Sunset. Shining Armor turned back to his friend and sat down across from him. There was a long silence between the two of them. After taking a long drink from his glass, Shining Light threw his head back and laughed though it was not like the laugh they shared a few moments before.

"Seriously man," Light leered at him. "I don't know whether I should be more pissed off or impressed that you would do this."

"Bro, seriously?" Armor asked raising an eyebrow. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"My sister," Light answered darkly.

"Light," Armor said quietly. "I know you have a sister..."

"HAD," Light cut him off. "She died years ago."

"You never talked about her much," Armor said putting his hands together on the table. "I didn't even remember her name until you just blew up like that. And you know I would never pull a stunt like making see your dead sister like that."

"Yeah," Light sighed after a long silence his anger evaporting and being replaced by sorrow. "But how?"

"Well I might not be the best person to explain this, but I'll give it a shot."

-down the road-

"Sunset!" Twilight yelled again as she turned a corner and saw her friend still running. "Wait!"

Sunset barely heard Twilight's voice as she ran. The pain in her heart was forcing everything else out. Since she hadn't seen or heard of her other self here. She had thought that her and her family were not in this city. Now seeing the human version of her brother when her own back in Equestria was dead. The pain brought back such horrible memories.

"Sunset, please," Twilight had finally caught up and grabbed hold of her friend's arm. "stop!"

"Twilight?" Sunset turned around tears streaming down her face. "That was...."

"I know," she said her heart tearing apart at the sight of her friend in this state. "I know."

Twilight wrapped her arms around Sunset holding her close as she cried. This was the second time in one day that Sunset had broken down like this. The two stood there in the middle of the sidewalk for several minutes. Finally Sunset hiccuped into silence.

"I'm sorry," she said softly to Twilight as she pulled back and wiped at her eyes.

"For what?" Twilight asked softly giving her friend an encouraging smile.

"For being like this," she smiled back a little. "I should be stronger than this."

"Hey," Twilight placed a hand on her shoulder. "No one can be strong all the time. Some times you need a friend to lean on for a little while."

"Yeah," she nodded slightly.

"How about we text the girls and get everyone together later tonight huh?"

"Yeah," Sunset nodded. "I'd like that."

-back at the burger barn-

"You're serious?" Light asked as Armor finished telling him what he knew of Twilight's new friends.

"Yes," Armor nodded in affirmation.

"Magic?"

"Yes."

"Ponies?"

"Yes."

"You're serious?"

"Yes."

"This is insane."

"Yes."

"So this friend of your sister's is the 'pony' counter part of my dead sister?"

"Yes."

After a moment of stunned silence as his brain tried to process this new information Light fell forward letting his forehead smack onto the table. He repeated the motion several times.

"Yeah," Armor said nodding in a sagely fashion. "I felt the same way when I was filled in on the whole thing."

"Still," Light sighed as he sat up. "I don't know if I believe it."

"Believe it or not," Armor said spreading his hands. "It's up to you. Though if we're gonna be hanging out more now you'll be seeing Sunset Shimmer again."

"Don't," Light began to say, but Armor cut him off.

"She is who she is," Armor said crossing his arms. "As you've told me before, 'Suck it up, Buttercup."

"Heh," Light chuckled softly. "Yeah? Fine, I'll be on my best behavior."

"Where have I heard that before?" Armor asked with a grin on his face.

-later at Apple Jack's home-

"Hey girls," Apple Jack called out as Twilight and Sunset walked up the drive.

"Hey, Apple Jack," both girls responded with smiles on their faces giggling softly as they watched BigMac working on the underside of his truck as Apple Jack held it up using her Geode powers.

"Almost finished down there?" Apple Jack asked looking down at her older brother.

"Ee'yup," he answered as he slid out from under the truck his face and hands covered in oil and grease.

"Good," Apple Jack nodded, and set the truck back down on al four wheels. "So what's up? I got your message."

"We'll talk about it when the others get here," Twilight said when she noticed Sunset's smile turn into a frown.

"If you say so," Apple Jack nodded and motioned towards the house. "Come on, let's get something to drink."

"Ee'yup," her brother nodded as he was wiping his hands and face on a rag as he walked towards the house.

"Dibs on the shower," Apple Jack said as she and the girls entered a few moments behind Big Mac.

He gave her a look over his shoulder as he pulled out four bottles of fizzy apple cider. Applebloom looked up from the kitchen table where she was working on homework. She waved and smiled as everyone entered. Twilight walked over and looked at what the younger girl was working on. Before anyone could stop her, she began showing Applebloom all the complicated ways to answer the simple problems.

Sunset accepted the drink Big Mac offered her and sipped it slowly as she joined Twilight and Applebloom at the table. Apple Jack made her way upstairs to the bathroom to get cleaned up. Big Mac headed back out into the yard.

The sound of a car pulling up to the house could be heard over their small talk. A few minutes later the door to the kitchen burst open.

"WE'RE HERE!" Rarity sang out as she and Sweetiebell walked in.

"Hey, Applebloom!" Sweetiebell chimed in as she ran over to her friend.

"Hey!" Applebloom responded hugging her friend.

"Don't forget about us!" Rainbowdash called out from the front of the house.

"Us?" Apple Jack asked as she came down the back stairs dressed in clean clothes her hair still slightly damp from her shower.

"Yeah," Rainbowdash said as she entered the kitchen her arm around Scootaloo's shoulders. "Look who I found on my way here."

The younger girl was blushing briliantly at the fact that her idol was treating her this way. It took the combined efforts of Sweetiebell and Applebloom to pull their friend away from Rainbowdash. The three gathered up Applebloom's homework and headed off to her room.

"So I guess we're just waiting on Pinky Pie," Apple Jack said as she opened the refrigerator to pull out some more cider for the new arrivals.

"Waiting on Pinky Pie for what?" Pinky Pie asked as she jumped out of the now open fridge.

"Gah!" Apple Jack jumped back clutching at her chest. "Pinky don't do that!"

"Do what?" the adorable pink puffball asked as she pulled a bottle of apple cider out of her hair and popped it open.

Apple Jack opened her mouth like she was about to say something then closed it and shook her head. She reached into the fridge and pulled out a handful more bottles and passed them around. Before turning to face them leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Wait," Twilight having been the first to notice the strangeness of Apple Jack's statement. "What about Fluttershy?"

"I've been here the whole time," said a soft slightly indignant voice.

The entire group except for Apple Jack jumped in surprise. Everyone looked over to where Fluttershy sat calmly in a corner a frown on her face as she pealed the label off her cider bottle. She looked up a little surprised at her friend's reactions.

"Well I have," she said blushing a little.

"Well since we're all here," Apple Jack said chuckling softly. "Ya wanna go ahead and tell us what's got ya more torn up than a ball of yarn in a room full of cats?"

"Yeah," Rainbowdash nodded from the backwards chair she had decided to occupy after the younger girls had left the room. "Twilight made it sound pretty rough."

"Well the thing is," Sunset said biting her lip a little as she looked down at her cider bottle to avoid looking at her friends, but she couldn't bring herself to finish her statement. After a few more seconds of silence she looked up at Twilight who had placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder and a warm smile that gave Sunset the courage to say the next part. "Today Twilight and I ran into my brother."

"BROTHER?!" all of the girls except Twilight shouted.

Author's Note:

Well I think we'll leave it at that for now. I know what you're thinking. This is the second time I'm leaving it on a tense situation. Yeah I know it's not nice, but hey I'm the best there is at what I do. "Until the Next Chapter"