• Published 28th Mar 2019
  • 630 Views, 18 Comments

A Raven’s Quest - Chemtest

  • ...
1
 18
 630

Dream

My sleep did not come easily with so much on my mind. Even with Sweetie laying next to me, and exhaustion pulling at my eyes, I had to continue thinking. Every second wasted sleeping is another second for the Beast to plan and for me to not.

Getting the material needed for Unity Prime is nearly impossible. Metal and crystal is easy enough to get, but it’s the bone needed that is really hard. The ground has become nearly empty as the Beast raises his army, and those bones are needed to get Unity Prime to move. If we use things like gears and pistons for his movement, he will not be nearly as fluid as the giant amalgamations of bone the Beast had. In order to fight against his army of bone, we need to mix bone with metal and crystal. Brass for the guns, steel for the casing, crystal for the laser weapon systems, and bones for fluid movement. It is a project unlike any other, to unite the science of metal with the shining beams of crystal and the magic of bone. Everyday I have to find enough bone in order to stay on the building schedule. Everyday I have to exhaust my magic and then think of new ideas and train my people for war.

My eyes win in the end, and I fade into the veil of sleep.

———

I sit in the middle of a library, flipping through a large purple book. The words are written in some ancient and dead language, nay, many of them. Languages older than the Creators themselves. Yet I somehow understand every word. I’m in the middle of the book, and start to read out loud.

“It was then, from the dust, that three Creators arose, their memory pulling the dust together. They were called Sombra, Discord, and Ordirus. They made universes who prospered, until a memory arose in the Void. One of the brothers of Zalgo, a Great Destroyer, Vogrim fed off the corruption within the Void until he gained a fraction of the power his brother did. He then took on his name, and entered the universe. He destroyed all despite the best efforts of the Creators and their Champions, turning all to dust. It was then, from the dust, that three Creators arose. Celestia, Luna, and McBad arose, and made universes. Within each of them were the three that came before. Sombra, Ordirus, and Discord were a universal constant. That is, until Kyros arose and destroyed all under the guise of Zalgo. Then three rose from the dust. Pony Satan, Doctor, and Karma.”

I flip through all the pages, trying to find the end. The pages seem almost endless though. Until, eventually, I come across a page that glows brightly. I look at the words, and start to read once more.

“Until we reach this cycle. The dust left from Monstra Saeva formed itself once more. From the dust arose Larson, Chem, and Faust. This cycle has great hope. Raven has followed the best path, and if his will and wit keep up, he will easily win. Slenderman was not expected to befriend his body’s previous holder, nor Jeffry Woods. It is good he did though, now he has two Post-Creators on his side. Survivor’s victory against Keeser alone was unexpected as well; I expected him to need his fellows help. Courier has yet to encounter Kurye Karşıtı, but with his two friends, he should be fine. Avatar is unaware of the plans made by Nerazîbûnê. Patton wasn’t even a candidate to begin with, Wavok was much more deserving of a position. But, with his consciouses taking over after the dimensional slingshot, he took the position. Chem isn’t even a completed man, let alone a consistent one. Yet, he took over. Everything about him is unexpected, and I have no idea what to feel about him. With these six there is a chance. Maybe we can end the cycle my brother has made and I am doomed to repeat... maybe.”

I try to turn the page to the last page, but a voice echoes down the library.

”Raven...”

”Raven.”

I look down the shelves, “Who goes there?”

The voices respond, but they don’t answer my question.

”The ending approaches soon.”

”You must free us, or you will fall...”

I shout again, “Who are you!?”

”Under the most Harmony... there is unknowable entropy...”

”You will find yourself under a blood red Moon.”

“What are you talking about? Where are you!?”

”Call the wraith of the night against your enemy.”

”Sow bedlam upon their ranks... and let Harmony overtake your own...”

“How are you talking to me?!”

”Release us... let me free... or even my dimension shall be destroyed...”

”We need you to call upon us once more. We failed you in the past, but we cannot this time.”

I look back as the book slams to the final page. The only thing upon the page is a drawing of me, with green glowing eyes.

”Release us!”

———

I’m shaken awake as I am already shooting straight up. I can remember my dream perfectly, which is very odd.

Sweetie steps back as I rocket up, “Raven, the Kings and Queen is here.”

I look over at her, “Oh shit, they are!? Could you get my cloak for me?”

She smiles, and hands it over to me, “One day you need to wear something different. Rarity would pitch a fit if she saw you wear nothing but that.”

I smile on back, “Can any deny I look rather dapper in it?”

She pecks me on the lips with a kiss, “You would in anything.”

I return it, “As would you. Now, Kings and Queen.”