• Published 28th Mar 2019
  • 626 Views, 18 Comments

A Raven’s Quest - Chemtest

  • ...
1
 18
 626

Bells Ring

I stand in the captains room of the Black Pearl, nervously looking at myself in the mirror. I pull at the bow tie around my neck, and turn to look at Sombra, “Am I good? Nothing off or anything?”

He smiles, and reaches out to strengthen my bow tie, “Relax, Raven. Las chicas probablemente estén preocupadas por sus cabezas allí, pero solo tienes que poner una sonrisa.“ He smirks, and bats my shoulder, “Come on, you’ve faced a literal goddess of fire and didn’t bat an eye. This is a happy occasion, so be happy.”

I shake my head, “Goddess of Fire is combat and revenge, I know how to do those two. But I have no idea what in the tartarus I’m supposed to do for this!”

Louis smiles from the side, “Relax, you’ll know what to do.”

I turn to face him, “Oh yeah, because I have the same knowledge on weddings as a creature who feeds off love! You know, me, the guy who’s gone over three and a half thousand years without even knowing what love is!”

Sombra calmly stands in front of me, and looks in my eyes, “Raven, you’ll do fine. It doesn’t matter if you mess it up, it won’t stop Sweetie from loving you. Take a few deep breaths in and out, close your eyes, and imagine at how happy an occasion this is.”

I do as he says, and find myself calm down quickly. I come out of it smiling, “Alright, I’m ready. I’m getting married, and one mistake isn’t going to mess this up!”

Sombra smiles, “Well, good, because it’s time to go.”

My non existent heart stops in my chest, “I’m not ready, I’m not ready. Oh gods, Sombra, do I look good?”

He nods, and shoves me towards the door, “Come on now, I gotta walk with you as the best man.” He adjusts his own tie, and moves mine a bit, “Don’t worry, it’s all going to be fine.”

The door opens, and I step out with Sombra at my side, Louis going to join the crowd. We walk up to the alter, with him standing at the side, and me standing right at it.

I swallow fluids that shouldn’t exist, and find my body has automatically made a saliva system so I can do so. I turn to face the other cabin that Sweetie should come out of.

My usually ruffled mane is combed neatly, and it flows in the wind. It’s combed back, so every hair can be seen in the front, coming to an edge at the end. My coat also feels exposed wearing the suit instead of my normal cloak, though the suit does a fine job covering the bone’s added to make myself taller.

I look out at the crowd, the varied species and ponies all there. Celestia wears a slightly battered dress, she is smiling for me, even as she looks over the edge of the ship to the wasteland below. Ink rushes around with a big smile on his face, setting up plenty of cameras from all angles. Gallow’s Wit and the rest of the Knights are all excitably talking to each other and being happy in general. The Jacks are still running around the ship, with the exception of the Captain in the crowd. Pearl is sitting in her chair, smiling like a grandparent seeing off their granddaughter. Mass Offense and Officer Loo sit next to each other, putting aside their differences and both saluting me as I glance in their direction. Sombra and Louis both give me calming smiles. Hell, even the Decievers are there, within the shadows.

Portals start to appear all around the ship, six in particular. Slender steps out of one, wearing his finest suit, with another that looks like him following after, with a huge smile and a polka dotted suit. Out of another comes Survivor, a tie clipped on to his trench coat. Avatar steps out of a different one, taking off his sunglasses, and trying his hardest to widen his eyes as he smiles at me. Courier steps out of the glowing portal, taking off his hat, and smiling in an oddly empathetic way towards me. One of the Rooks also pulls himself up, Silver, whom made the rings, his armor polished and shining. Finally is Chem, rushing out of the portal and almost dragging someone behind him, “Come on, we can’t be late!”

He and the other pony step out of the portal, only to see everyone looking at them. Chem smiles, his new, metal device over his eye not conveying it well. He motions to the other pony, an old grey stallion, wearing blue robes. Chem looks around nervously, “I brought the priest!”

He is forcibly sat down by Courier, and the priest walks up to the alter with me. He stands in the middle, and we both look towards the door.

It’s then that she emerges from the room, her two friends rushing out to join the crowd. I might not be the best on pony beauty scaling, but she is beautiful nonetheless. She starts to walk up the aisle, her dress a nice white and green color, as if she was summoning her necromantic magic on her coat. Her hair flows in the wind of the stratosphere, but yet it still manages to stay together. She seems to float instead of walking. Her eyes sparkle in the bright daylight, almost like the sun itself was moving to make sure she could look this way.

I stand there as she walks up, feeling a lot less secure with the encouragement Sombra and Louis gave me. I smile as she moves across from me.

The priest begins, “We are gathered here today to celebrate the holy union of two immortal beings to pledge love the rest of their infinite life. May this wonderful day be looked upon by the Lord Chem for many centuries and millennia as a day of joy.”

I silently turn my head, and glare at Chem in his spot. He sheepishly smiles, and shrugs.

I turn back to look at the priest as he continues, “For the wonderful joining of two ponies to enjoy each other until the end of all days. Now, I ask everypony in the audience to bow their head and prey to whatever god they do or do not believe in.”

Everyone bows their head in respect, and wait for a moment of silence as all do their praying.

The priest looks up, “Now, onto the actual ceremony.” He looks over at Sweetie Belle, “Do you, Lady Sweetie Belle, take Lord Ravens Breath to be your equal partner, regardless of gender, until the sun itself is destroyed from time?”

She smiles, and nods, “For that and longer.”

He then turns to me, “And do you, Lord Ravens Breath, take Lady Sweetie Belle to be your equal partner, regardless of gender, until the moon is gone from the passing of time?”

I nod, “Until time itself is destroyed, I do.”

He smiles, “Would the best mare- oh wait, things are different here.” He clears his throat, “Would the best stallion please present the rings?”

Sombra smiles, bringing over a crystal box with the two rings inside of it. He opens the box, and the priest floats them both out. He smiles, and hands them over to us. I take Vilya, and slide it onto her horn. She takes Narya and slides it right onto my own horn. The priest smiles, “You may now kiss.”

We both lean in, and do so. The golden rings on our horns shining like the sun.

The priest nods, “Within my power as Priest True Voice of the Equalist Church, I hereby pronounce you two married, until time ends do you part!”