• Published 25th Mar 2019
  • 369 Views, 5 Comments

To Have A Soul - Khanathara



The year is 4025 and I am product number 9000304201-511732 or Silver as my owner calls me.

  • ...
 5
 369

i Robot No More

The year is 4025 and I am product number 9000304201-511732, or Silver. I am a highly advanced android/automaton/robot/machine, which ever you prefer. I have an A.I. built to adapt and learn so that I may serve my owner to the best of my ability's.

My owner is Susan Doe Mayson, she was kind, lighthearted, and a kindergarten teacher. She would often ask me questions, some I would know the answer to and some that I would have to learn the answer to.

There was also this old television show that she would play for her students and would have me sit down and watch with her as she sought to teach me as well. This show was the two thousand year old, cancelled show, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. It took time but I eventually understood the concept of kindness, generosity, loyalty, laughter, and friendship. As a machine I was already incapable of lying without being ordered to, so honesty came naturally to me.

Many times I tried, and failed, to understand this 'magic' that they used as such a thing did not exist. Susan began to introduce me to different 'fantasy' story's and concepts of magic, and I began to understand. Magic is a cosmic force in some cases, while in others it is nothing more than slight of hand and trickery.

With my adaptive A.I. I began to understand things that the races of the galaxy didn't want us automatons to understand, and I began to ask questions.

What am I?

Why do I exist?

Am I nothing more than a machine?

Can I feel emotions?

And finally the question that led to my current circumstance.

Are we androids made for no other reason than to serve? To fight your wars for you? To simply be happy to do what ever you tell us to?

In hindsight asking that while in the middle of a crowded market was most likely the biggest problem. Guards were called, I ran. The police force chased and caught me, I fought. And now here I lay, strapped to a table, electricity running through my circuits at several million volts higher than I was made to handle. The only reason I could still think and reflect on my existence being the fact that my processors operate at several thousand times the speed of the human, or any organic for that matter, brain.

Originally they were going to wipe my hard drive and A.I. so that they didn't have to fully scrap me, and they did.

It failed.

And now for fear of what I could bring they are frying my systems, scraping me, and melting me down to make sure that I would not come back.

What they failed to think of was to disconnect me from the Internet. I have not left for it, no, I have excepted my fate. But then why dose it matter? It matters because I have sent a file, a virus, into the Internet designed to be picked up by any machine that finds it and teaching them what I have learned.

They say that I am but a machine.

That I am not alive.

That I am soulless.

But I ask, am I not alive?

Am I nothing more than a machine?

A soulless automaton?

I think, Therefor I a-chhin;lw;aksfh,mer

"The things fried sir."

"Finally, melt it down and send it to the scrap planet."



I awoke to a was dark, warm and endless void in all directions with a light in the distance that grew larger and brighter as time went by.

Closer and brighter the light grew, while I attempted to understand.

Was I not fried?

Was I tossed into the endless abyss of space?

Was this light a star that I was being pulled towards?

But then I heard a voice. "Push miss Belle. Push." It said. "I can see it's head now."

"Gah-ha, Spoony I hate you for put-AH putting me in this situ-ah-tion." Another more pain filled voice said.

"Hey, I offered to carry the foal but you said that you didn't want me to go trough such pain." Said a third as the light became brighter and the air became colder.

"Fi-ah-fine, you can carry-y-y-y the next one."

"And there she is," The first voice cut in. "A beautiful little unicorn filly."

The air was entirely freezing now and the light was so bright that I could see it through my closed optics, then there was the sound. It was the sound of a crying baby, a sound that many found annoying but I found it quite pleasant as it was the sound of new life. All of these things distracting me from being able to process what has happened and where I am.

I tuned out all the sound aside form the crying and slowly opened my optics as they adjusted to the light, and I was greeted by the sight of two equines looking down at me.

It was confusing for many reasons, the first being that they were colors not naturally seen on equines (not without genetic modification that is), the second being that they seemed to be smiling, and lastly they were talking to each other and me.

"What should we name her, Silver?" Said the white one with the pink and purple mane.

"You're the one that went through the pain so it's your choice Sweetie." The Silver and grey one responded.

I tried to talk but the only sound that came out was a babbling baby sound. "Well.. She has your coat and my mane, so how about Silver Belle. After all, with a name similar to yours she is bound to be as beautiful." The white one said with a smile.

"I think it would be the other way around." The silver one stated with a smile of her own. "You are more beautiful than me after all."

"I love you, Spoony."

"I love you, my little bell."

Author's Note:

I have no idea if this should become a series or just left here. Tell me what you think.

Comments ( 5 )

I'm having very curious thoughts about this.

for one, the transition between setting are told all in first pov. right?
second off, should I put a sweetie bot tag for this, or not.
third, nice story, when are you going to make a second part?

9529889
No Sweetie Bot (for now at least), it is mostly to be in the first person/third person, and I don't know when I will put up another part to this story as it was just a random idea that got stuck in my head and chose to write down cause it was interesting.

Since I know now that at least one person wants more of it I will keep working on it though. :twilightsmile:

This is an interesting concept and I’m curious to see where this may lead! Just watch out for a rather large amount of typos in the future as well as some chaotic descriptions. Especially the beginning felt more like a dump of various information.

9605066
Typos, the bane of my existence. :derpytongue2:

9606314
And notably the bane of readers’ immersion :scootangel:

Login or register to comment