• Published 24th Jun 2019
  • 504 Views, 25 Comments

Fallout: New Twilight - OpenPage



A war in the west, A city of lights, army on the doorstep and a dead courier. Lucky there's a purple unicorn here to find her memories and save the waste. As long as she doesnt die first.

  • ...
2
 25
 504

Ain't that a kick in the head?

Everything lurched, a Cacophony of color and blobs. Twilight groaned and tried to focus on the three figures towering over her. With the headache and swirling colors not leaving but her hearing returning she could hear a smooth charismatic voice.

“-arat run of bad luck. Truth is…. The game was rigged from the start.”

BANG…. BANG

Her ears rang again, her hooves flying to her ears as she curled into a ball and sobbed. It all hurt so much, where was she? What was happening? The ringing abated she could feel a finger tapping her horn.

“You mutant kiddo? Feel bad for shooting you without figuring out your name.”

“P-please it hurts” Twilight let out a pitiful whimper that took the wind from her sails.

Sighing the tall blob turned around and walked back between the others “didn’t want to shoot anyone else tonight, but can’t let you go getting revenge for your friend there, sorry baby doll but you’re next.”

She didn’t understand! Twilight couldn’t understand that he was misinformed and she had nothing to do with the cooling body next to her.

“NO-“

BANG BANG


The world was pain. Her eyes fluttered and snapped shut as she screamed. A pitiful scream that wouldn’t have disturbed the dirt surrounding her. She could do nothing but whimper in the mud. Thoughts fled as she felt dirt splattering her coat, metal digging into her coat.

“Oh no no no! Cmon pardner! House needs you alive.” The pain made a sudden return, the inky blackness returned before she found out what the metal was.


*BEEP-BEEP BEEP BEEP-BEEP*

Sound, an evil dastardly sound that tried to make her wake from such a peaceful sleep. She turned over and stuck a hoof out to shut off the alarm. The air was the only thing that the hoof came into contact with. Waggling her hoof to hope it collides with the sound she groaned, opening a bleary eye, hoping to catch sight of the evil noise. Instead, she saw a man sitting in a chair, sewing a blue jumpsuit that looked too small for him.

Trying to speak, Her voice felt dry and brittle from disuse. “W-water” A coughing fit left her hacking up a lung she was scared she didn’t have anymore.

The man looked over sharply, dropping the jumpsuit on the table next to him and rising up. Grabbing a glass, he filled it with some water from a sink across the room and brought it back to her. She drank it greedily, the life-giving water slaking her thirst and soothing her dry throat.

“Goodness, You’re awake. I didn’t think you would be coming back from that wound of yours.”

An arm wrapped around her and tried to help her into a sitting position. She pulled herself up as well, feeling muscles ache and pop.

“Easy, Easy…. You’ve been out cold for a couple of days now. Relax and get your bearings.”

Her head still hurt but this was the clearest she could think in…. When was the last time she was awake? What was the last memory other than the ringing ears and sharp pain in her head? Eyes filled with panic at the idea of her sudden memory loss. It was on the tip of her tongue but nothing would come up from her past. She knew she was a pony, and she once knew others who were ponies as well. What were their names, what was her name?

“You look like you need to talk, it’s ok… let’s start with your name miss. What’s your name?”

“I… I don’t know” a hoof to her head, she tapped, trying to jog a name from her head.

“I’m…”


“Let me guess, your rainbow dash” she gave a frown at the giggly mare who was making a mess of her schedule.

“The one and only! You heard of me?” she laughed again and struck a dramatic pose.

With a sigh and a shake of her head she said: “I heard you’re supposed to be keeping the sky’s clear.” A deep breath and she sticks out a hoof “Hi, im Twilight Sparkle.”


Twilight gasped with a single memory coming to her “My name is Twilight Sparkle.”

The old man looked her over and shrugged “If that’s your name that’s your name, Not what I would have chosen for you.”

“I don’t remember if it’s normal where I’m from… what’s your name sir?” Twilight looked around the room, noticing the room reminded her of a doctor’s office. Needles and Scalpels spread on small rolling tables and a gurney off in the corner.

“Most round these parts just call me Doc Mitchell, I’m the doctor for this little town of Goodsprings.” He began pulling her down to walk her around “Cmon, Let’s get you walking, see if you can get over to the Vit-O-Matic across the room.”

She could see the tall machine with the name emblazoned along the top. Twilight wobbled across the room, Steadying herself against the Doc she asked a question that popped into her head. “Whats a Vit-O-Matic for?”

“It’s an old-fangled Vault-Tec machine, said to test your base Special.” With a quizzical look at him, the doctor explains “Its an acronym, Stands for Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck.”

“How would it measure that? Seems awfully random things to measure.” Twilight finally at the machine looked it up and down along the sides.

Doc Mitchell put a hand on the grip and the machine began flipping, all the numbers changing to what it considers the doctor’s abilities. He laughs, seeing his numbers again that never seem to change. “Look at that strength, telling me I gotta get out a bit more don’t you think?”

The Vito-O-Matic showed his lowest number was three, calling him a doughy baby. Twilight didn’t understand what it meant but figured it was supposed to insult his strength. Next to his highest which was an eight for intelligence, which she could guess was correct from him being a doctor. He seemed to have gotten the honor of being a know-it-all.

“You want to give it a try miss?” He gestured to the machine and twilight hops up on her back legs, wrapping a front hoof around the grip. Her numbers flip and show her what most would never be able to tell about themselves. Surprisingly her intelligence was the same as the doctors. A high number for sure, she didn’t remember if she was that smart but this random machine gave her a glimpse of her past she thought was beyond her for now.

Leaning in to look at her numbers, the doctor laughed “Look at that. Maybe them bullets done your brain some good.”

“Bullets?” Twilight hoped to fill in the gaps of knowledge she couldn’t remember. Not knowing where she came from or where she was, Twilight would have to grill Mitchell on the world before leaving.

They found themselves walking into a cozy living room, with a fire in the fireplace. The Doc Mitchell gestured the couch “Take a seat, Ms. Sparkle, we can talk more after I give you a little test. Just a formality though, really.”

The seat looked comfy and inviting, so she climbed up and took a seat. The doctor laid a paper in front of her and took a seat across from her. Pencils scattered the table next to his chair, A clipboard with an imposing amount of questions. Picking up both items, he cleared his throat.

“All right. I’m going to say a word. I want you to say the first thing that comes to mind. Are you ready?”

“Im ready.”

“Okay, Dog?”

Her paper showed some common responses to the words being asked.

“Train.”

“House?”

“Shelter.”

“Night?”

“Dream”

“Bandit?”

“Reasonable”

“Light?”

“Dark”

“Mother?”

“Genes”

The good doctor looked over the responses with a satisfied nod. “You certainly seem to got a hand for talking out your problems. Hope it helps you out there.”

“Okay. Now I’ve got a few statements. I want you to tell me how much they sound like something you’d say.” Tapping his pencil on the paper Doc Mitchell says “Conflict just ain’t in my nature.”

“I strongly agree.”

“I ain’t given to relying on others for support.”

“I disagree.”

“I’m always fixing to be the center of attention.”

“I strongly disagree.”

“I’m slow to embrace new ideas.”

“I…..” she wanted to disagree but it didn’t feel right. “Agree.”

“I charge in to deal with my problems head-on.”

“I strongly disagree.”

“Well that’s done, one more test. We… actually, you know what, that last test is useless. I got the results for you to see.” the sheet was passed to Twilight as she flipped through what it told her she was good at. Huh. This sheet recommended that she was a talker, and decent with a computer and energy weapon. She had no clue what it was talking about but figured it was made a test for a reason.

Hands on his knees, the Doctor stood up and began to walk out of the room. “You can get your bearings for a couple of minutes. I’m going to get you some supplies for while you are out and about. Meet me at the front door when you’re ready to leave.”

Twilight closed her eyes and rested her head on her front legs. The quiet gave her a moment to reflect on what had already happened to her. An uncertain world in front of her and a mysterious past behind her. It scared her how much she didn’t know. Sitting around wouldn’t solve anything though. She got off the couch and looked out the boarded-up windows in the room to see sunlight pouring in. Daytime was the perfect time to start exploring the town of Goodsprings.

Making her way to the door she saw the doctor fiddling with a small device. When Twilight found her way next to him, she could peer around him to see a pile of items and clothes. The old man looked up and smiled at her. “Glad to see you ready to explore. I got a couple of items here I don’t need no more.”

He leaned down to clip the device around her leg. When it was latched into place around her leg A sharp pain came from underneath the soft lining. “OUCH! What was that?!” Twilight hissed, rubbing at the fur around the device.

“Little thing from my past called a pip-boy, the 3000 variety. Can do right near anything” Still leaning down he tapped at the device to turn it on. “Can check your general health, to keep a log of everything you have on you. Just be careful, there are some more advanced features you probably won’t be seeing for a few days. If a pop-up appears about a level-up, read about it in the manual in the data tab.”

As he talked her vision flashed, and little bars filled her vision. A compass and health bar floated in the corner of her eyesight. Another bar filled with a thing called her AP. It was all very confusing and shook her to her core. Twilight didn’t remember much but technology this advanced certainly never existed wherever she was from. There was not even a detached idea about stuff like this.

Lifting a leg to look at the screen she could see a cartoony man flash on the screen. The image flashed in and out for a moment before being replaced by a cartoon pony that looked suspiciously like her. She saw tabs for perks, inventory, radio. It would need an in-depth look over when she had more time.

“Now it isn’t much but this was found on the… body next to you when they found you and brought you in.” He handed her a hundred bottle caps, a blocky looking thing that Twilight couldn’t make head or tail of. Four small items that she could see was also in the other item and three syringes.

“This here is a laser pistol, the test said you might not be bad with this so I’m giving it to you. The little batteries go in to keep it going. If you wanna know more, you can go down to the saloon and ask for A Sunny Smiles.”

“And the caps?” Twilight asked.

“Money round these parts, useful for buying anything you could need.” he reached over for the last item “While you were still out cold I was working on this little thing for you.” Mitchell held out a blue and yellow jumpsuit tailored to fit her. Saddlebags hung from the sides and it looked armored around the torso and shoulders.

“Thought you might need a little protection going out there. Fit my old suit to your size, hope you like it.” With a little help, Twilight fit the suit over herself and zipped it up. It was tight but comfortable. She could tell she would get good use from it.

Tearing up, she leaned in to hug the man who was so generous and kind to her. He healed her and gave away so much just for her. She would have to come back and make it up to him when she could. It was only right after all. “Thank you so much, you are a wonderful person Mitchell.”

Chucking the doctor gave her a squeeze back. “It was no trouble, now get out there and go find what you need to find.”

Putting the items in her back she turned to open the door. A final peek over her shoulder to a waving doctor she set hoof out into the bright Mojave day.

Author's Note:

Old World Blues Loaded!

Honest Hearts Loaded!

LonesOSM32@@#dWWQRFQ ERROR EEEERRRROORRRR

Dead money loaded!

__________________________________

Level up! Level 1
You gotta start somewhere, don't you?

Twilight's S.P.E.C.I.A.L

S:4
P:6
E:5
C:7
I:8
A:6
L:4

Tagged Skills:
Speech
Science
Energy weapons

Traits:
Good-Natured
Skilled
Wild Wasteland
________________________

Hi, This is a small thing I have been working on to try and get the creativity flowing again, I almost have chapter two already done but after that, it will be time till chapter three. Just a project so I can finish the next chapter of my other book Cinder and Ash.