• Published 9th Apr 2019
  • 1,445 Views, 98 Comments

Sunset’s Guardian Angel - Jakub the Reshiram



Sunset Shimmer wasn't the first Equestrian to make it to the human world. She was the second.

  • ...
48
 98
 1,445

Chapter 5 Jakub's Nightmare and learning the Truth

A scream.

A scream wakes me up.

I hear someone screaming close by—something that I'm not sure about.

Opening my eyes, I find out who is screaming, and it terrifies me.

Right beside me was Jakub, screaming my name, Maeves' ,Nyxs' and someone else that I'm sure I haven't met as if something bad happened is his dream.

No—his nightmare.

After opening my eyes fully, I hear it.

"No! Don't you dare kill them. P-p-please have mercy on them. They didn't do anything to you," Jakub said before something bad happens in his nightmare.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He screams.

I move myself into a sitting position and move my hands on Jakub's body and start shaking him, hoping that he'll wake up. "You got to wake up Jakub. Please," I say over and over again until I give up, knowing that it won't work.

——— 🗝️ ———

I don't know how long I've sat there beside Jakub hearing him scream over and over again.

"Why does this have to happen to the only person that cares about me?" I think only for a second later to feel something gripping my pajama top.

Grabbing my phone from the night stand beside Jakub’s bed, I turn on the flash light function, and shine the light at the thing that is gripping my top, only to find Rose biting into it as if she wants my attention.

"What do you want Rose? Don't you see that your own-" I ask, but never finish since Rose pulled me so hard that I fell out of the bed.

"How in the name of Celestia is she so strong?" I think as I get up off the floor and stand up, finding Rose waiting in front of the door.

"You want to show me something?" I ask as I walk up to her and open the door. I follow her downstairs. She starts headbutting a door with a sign saying "FORGE".

"You want me to open that for you right?" I ask and she nods.

I never knew Jakub was able to train Rose into actually nodding or shaking her head when she's being asked, I think to myself as Rose enters the room that I opened for her.

After entering the room and turning the lights on, I come to a sudden realization about my Boyfriend.

In the middle of the room was a book—a book with the cutie mark of my old teacher.

"Why haven't you told me about this Jakub? I thought you were my friend," I say.

"He didn't want to tell you about this until the time was right, Miss Sunset Shimmer, and that he didn't want you to think Celestia ask him to bring you back to Equestria," I hear someone say, but don't know who is talking since it's only me and Rose in this room.

I look around to see who just spoke, until I look at Rose, who is looking straight at me as if she's waiting for me to ask something, which I do after walking to an odd-looking sword.

The sword itself was so huge that a normal person would have to carry it with two hands., It had bandages around the beginning of the blade and at the hilt of it. There were also runes on the blade that I can't understand.

"Wish Jakub was awake. He would have said what this sword is, let alone what everything in this room is," I say as I look at Rose.

"That there, Miss Shimmer, is the Holy Moonlight Greatsword—a gift from Ludwig the Holy Blade to Jakub," she says.

"You you can talk!?" I screamed.

"Yes I can talk Miss Shimmer and I'll will explain everything to you only if you read four documents and that you'll keep this a secret from Jakub, because if you don't I won't get any roasted chicken that's cooked by him until I've learned my lesson" she says as she leads me to another part of the room.

Following her I start to question why Jakub never told me about anything he does and then a memory of him smiling at me when the two of us were in Canterlot Castle pops up into my mind, reminding me that he's is just a funny person at times when he was younger.

——— 🗝️ ———

This part of the "FORGE" has bookshelves and other things that I don't recognize, there's also a desk with a chair and four documents laying on the desk.

Walking up to the chair and sitting on it, I quickly recognize two of the documents to be from Equestria, while the other two from a different place all together.

"I would suggest reading the documents that aren't from Equestria Miss Shimmer" she says as I pick up the two documents that aren't from Equestria.

Each document has what appears to be a mouse head on the front of them.

"I honestly don't know why these documents are important to Jakub but it might give a clue as to why he has them in the first place" I think as I open the document on the left which also has a silver crown apart from the mouse head.

The document shows a picture of a young boy with blue eyes, spiky brown hair and skin that looks closely like Jakub's skin color.

Name: Sora

Age: 16

Current location: Unknown

Home: Destiny Islands

Gender: Male

Current status: Alive

Reading this document I noticed that the age of this boy is the same age as me and Jakub.

Looking closely at the picture that came with the Document I noticed that he has a silver crown necklace which was also on the document.

Closing the first document, I pick up the second document and slowly opening it.

This document as the other one has a picture included with it.

Name: Riku

Age: 17

Current location: Unknown

Home: Destiny Islands

Gender: Male

Current status: Alive

"How come Jakub has documents of these two individuals Rose?" I ask Rose.

"You'll understand after reading the other two, just read them in the same order and I would also suggest remembering the colours that the two boys have on them. She replies.

Opening the first Equestrian document it shows a young colt that was just born.

I noticed quickly that this colt has the same mane and tail as Sora who's hair is brown and spiky like the colt in the picture. Another thing about the picture is that it shows the colt's eyes which are the same as Sora's eyes.

Name: Silver Crown

Age: unknown

Current status: deceased

Parents: Twilight Velvet and Night Light.

Siblings: Shining Armour, Twilight Sparkle and Jakub Sparkle Dash

When is saw the current status of this colt my heart almost gave me a heart attack but then I remembered something important.

"Rose is Silver Crown actually deceased or is he actually Sora" I ask Rose.

"Yes Sunset, Sora is really Silver Crown" she says.

"Then how come it says deceased on the document from Equestria while the other one says he's alive?" I ask, wanting to know the reason.

"I don't know Miss Shimmer, only Jakub knows why but please don't mention this to him from what he told me when he came back from his last mentors place he was really angry" Rose answers, "but as you saw in the document if Jakub's sister comes here from Equestria for some reason please pretend that you never heard of her it'll be for the best, since she doesn't remember Jakub."

I nod and close the first document and placing it on the desk. Picking up the second document I notice that instead of a Sun on the front, there's a moon replacing it.

Opening it, I immediately noticed that it's very old. The picture that came with it shows a yellow unicorn colt with silver mane and tail and teal eyes just like Riku's.

"I'm guessing this is actually Riku since the two have similar hair colour and eye colour" I think to myself.

Name: Black Heart

Age: unknown

Current status: deceased

Parents: Princess Luna and Sombra

Current whereabouts: unknown

Closing the last of the documents I look at Rose, who immediately sighs.

"Now you want me to explain everything to you correct?" She asks me, to which I nod. "Very well I'll explain everything there is to know."

——— 🗝️ ———

After fifty minutes of explaining, me and Rose are heading back to Jakub's bedroom when I hear a sorry slowly open.

Looking back, I notice that the door to Nyx's and Meave's room is open.

Looking more closely, I notice a small anthropomorphic snow leopard standing in the doorway with the same PJ's that Meave was in when me and Jakub put the girls to bed. Also the snow leopard is holding a teddy bear in its left hand.

Looking more closely at the snow leopard, I quickly notice how it and Meave look similar to each other.

"Miss Shimmer if you please excuse me, I have to bring little Meave back to bed and before you ask, yes that's Meave in her true form, I won't explain why she is that way but I can only say this, Meave is from another world and her mother there passed away and the responsibility of Meave fell to Jakub" Rose says as she walks over to where Meave is and slowly starts tugging Meave by her PJ.

I shrug as the door closes to the girls room.

——— 🗝️ ———

After getting back to Jakub's bedroom I notice that he's not screaming anymore and is holding what appears to be a my cutie mark as a keychain.

As I move to were the bed that Jakub made is and slowly laying onto it I hear Jakub say something almost in a whisper.

"May my heart be my guiding key"

Hearing this I know for a fact that Jakub doesn't have a nightmare anymore, meaning I can finally go back to sleep.

"Good night Jakub" I say as I close my eyes and fall asleep.

——— 🗝️ ———

Standing right in front of Canterlot high school was a young boy wearing a black coat that went all the way down to his feet. The boy was also carrying two swords in each hand.

"The time is almost here Jakub, Twilight is going to be here next week on Wednesday" he says as he slowly starts walking to the statue that's in front of the school.

"I better get this to your-our older brother so he can give it to Twilight when she visits him after she becomes an alicorn" he says as he looks at his right arm. In his hand was a black crown keychain that was turned into a necklace.

He looks at the school for the last time before going through the portal and saying "May Oblivion keep you safe Princess Twilight Sparkle when you're in need of his help"

——— 🗝️ ———

On the other side of the portal was a white unicorn with a blue two toned mane and tail. His cutie mark was a shield with a purple starburst in the shield.

Looking up at the mirror that his aunt gave him and his wife he noticed that the surface of the mirror is moving.

A minute later there's a figure standing in front of it. Said figure has a long black coat with holes for the wings which are white.

"Jakub is that you?" The unicorn asks.

"No I'm not Jakub, but I'm one of his friends" the figure says before continuing "I've got something that I want you to give to your sister when she visits, Jakub wanted to do this himself but he didn't have the time to do it."

Moving his head, the figure pulls out a black crown necklace and tosses it to the unicorn, who catches it with his magic.

"What's this?" He asks the figure.

"It's a good luck charm your brother wanted to give to his sister" the figure replies before turning back to the mirror.

"Can you at least tell me what your name is?" the unicorn asks.

"My name is"

Author's Note:

Chapter finished and only two more to go, maybe three till I start writing the first EQG movie.