• Published 9th Apr 2019
  • 1,445 Views, 98 Comments

Sunset’s Guardian Angel - Jakub the Reshiram



Sunset Shimmer wasn't the first Equestrian to make it to the human world. She was the second.

  • ...
48
 98
 1,445

Chapter 4 At the movies and The Blood Staved Beast fight

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” I scream as I wake up after experiencing the most scary looking nightmare I ever had because of what happened in it. “By the love of God I feel as if I need to take an ice bucket challenge just by remembering that I was impaled through my chest” I say as I start to shodder just by remembering that dream.



Here’s the thing no matter what dream I have even after doing something nice before going to bed there is always a chance that a very nice dream will turn into a nightmare. After getting out of bed and change into suitable clothes a simple t-shirt and trousers. I start to think about one thing that I hope that will happen today and that’s Sunset meeting Maeve and seeing how the two of them would react to each other. I notice a message from Flare on my phone saying that the car is finished and he is heading straight to my house with it.



“Well things have been peaceful for the past four days which is odd because I’m usually busy with doing hunts for the guild guess there’s no reason for me to take my keychains with me” I say to myself as I leave my bedroom and notice that Celestia is awake and is looking at me with a look that is saying “your in trouble mister”. I gulp when I see that Luna is nowhere to be seen. “BOOO!!!!!!!” I hear someone scream behind me causing me to fall off the railing of the second floor. “Jakub!!” Maeve screams as I fall to the floor. Before I hit the floor I preform airial recovery so I land on my feet. “That was close” I say as I land on the floor. “What?” I ask everyone who was looking at me “was it something I done?”



“Well I was about to ask you where you were yesterday until Luna gave you that fright but that can wait because it looks like you’re planning to go somewhere so please take Nyx and Maeve with because myself and Luna want to have some peace and quiet today okay Jakub?” Celestia asks me to which I reply “okay, come on girl get changed into something more suitable because we’re going to the cinema.” “Wait for real?” Nyx asks me as she looks at with tears almost coming out of her eyes. “Yes we are but first I need you and Maeve to change into your normal clothes because I’m not going to bring you two in your pyjamas” I say and before I can say anything else they run up the stairs, pass Luna and enter Nyx’s bedroom to change.


After they changed into their outdoor clothes I start to hear an engine roar outside which ment that Flare has arrived with the car. “Okay girls we’re going “ I say as I open the door and go outside followed by Nyx and Maeve. Outside the front gate of the house was a Yellow Dodge Viper with a deeper shade of yellow and red flame like art on the sides and a wing on the back of the car and custom license plates saying SUNSET. “Well you out done yourself Flare because I’m impressed” I say to Flare as he gets out of the car and tosses the keys to me and says “you’re lucky because I was at the police station fixing the pursuit cars and when you sent me that message I was actually about to talk to you about the car because I met your friend Flash the other day and he told me that he was fixing your original car that you were ment to have”. “Hey that car is still being fixed and don’t worry I’ll give you this car back when the other car is fixed okay?” I ask Flare. “Keep it I don’t need a car anyway “ he replies before walking in the direction of the police station. I look at him before shrugging and looking at the girls who were waiting for me to make a move. “Alright get in the car you two before you give me your puppy eyes” I say to Nyx and Maeve as the two of them get into the back of the car and put their seatbelts on. I chuckle for a bit before getting into the car myself and starting the engine. I give a look to Nyx and Maeve before I put my foot on the pedal and start driving to Sunset’s house.


“Alright you two you can stay in the car or you can come with me if you want?” I ask the girls to which they reply “yes.”
After getting out of the car and locking it, we walk up to Sunset’s apartment but I stop as I notice Rarity walking towards the three of us.
“Shit and there goes plan A now what am I going to do I can’t have Rarity see me here or she’ll kill me” I think in my head as Rarity keeps walking towards us. “Hi Rarity “ I say as she walks towards me, “Well hello there darling I didn’t expect you to be so close to your ex-girlfriend house” Rarity says to me. True everyone thinks me and Sunset aren’t a couple anymore but in reality we never said that we’re breaking up to each other in front of the school. “Actually me and Sunset never broke up and I still think she wants to go out with me and before you will say something stupid I’m only planning to spend some time today with her because yesterday she sent me a message asking was it possible for me to hangout with her today?” I say to Rarity, “okay Jakub but please don’t plan on helping her with anything to ruin the school or anyone else “ Rarity says to me before walking away until she stops right in front of Maeve who runs away from her and hides behind me, “Sorry about Maeve Rarity but she is still getting used to meeting new people, tell you what I’ll come over to your place tomorrow with maeve so you can make some clothes for her and in turn I’ll tell you anything about Maeve deal?” I ask her with my hand in front of me waiting for Rarity to shake it, “Deal see you tomorrow darling “ she says as she shakes my hand and starts walking to where ever she was going to.



As I enter the apartment with Nyx and Maeve I start to think on something that I’ve been thinking about since I came to the human world, should I tell Sunset that I’m from Equestria as well, “No if I tell her now then she’ll think Princess Celestia asked to follow her to this world, for the love of god why am I thinking about that right now” I think to myself as we get near Sunset’s front door. I knock on the door three times before I put my hand behind my back and lean on the wall. After five whole minutes of waiting I walk up to the door and put my hand on the door knob and to my surprise it twisted meaning the door was unlocked, “That’s strange Sunset never leaves her front door open even when I was in her house” I say as I enter the house.



The house was as clean as ever. As I walk around the house before going upstairs to sunset’s bedroom technically speaking it was a room that overlooked the rest of the house, as I keep looking for Sunset I notice that her bed is undone meaning that she’s still sleeping or on the ground beside the bed. “Sunset, Sunset were are you because I have a surprise for you” I start to say, this was one of,the things I would do to Sunset when we were younger. “Ten more minutes princess “ Sunset says in her sleep. “Maeve can you turn on the cold water in the bathroom?” I ask Maeve, “Okay big brother” she says and go to the bathroom and turns the water on. I stand there for a few seconds, “Maeve just called me big brother” I thought before pulling of the blanket from Sunset’s body revealing her without any clothes on.



“God I forgot she dose this, oh well it’ll be easier that way and the fact that Maeve knows about people sometimes take of their clothes is better because I don’t have to explain why sunset isn’t wearing any clothes” I think to myself as I pick Sunset from her bed and walk down the stairs and into the bathroom and walking over to the bath which is filled with cold water. I drop Sunset into the cold bath which surprisingly wake her up, “C-c-c-c-c-cold” she says while getting out of the bath and onto the floor. “Morning sleeping beauty” I say to Sunset as she looks up to see who put her in a cold bath. “Jakub how did you get into my house and why aren’t you shocked to see me naked?” She asks me, “Well I known you for quite some time and really I used to always come to your house when you were asleep during Christmas while being your secret Santa I I always saw you without any clothes on and technically speaking this is your house so you can wear whatever you want also could you get changed quickly because I got four tickets to see a movie and I want it to be a surprise for two particular people I love” I say to Sunset as she put on a towel and leaves the bathroom.


“So who is this person I’m suppose to meet Jakub because all I see is you, Nyx and a little girl who has been hiding behind you ever since I saw her” Sunset asks me as I move Maeve in front of me, “Sunset meet Maeve my adoptive little sister, Maeve meet Sunset my girlfriend” I say as Maeve now hides behind the couch, “she’s a bit shy probably even more shy than Fluttershy” I continue before Sunset interrupts me “did something happen to her that she’s this shy Jakub?” She asks me, “I’ll tell you when Maeve and Nyx aren’t around okay because it’s a very touchy subject for Maeve to even listen to but right now I only know one way for her to stop hiding from you” I whisper to Sunset, “What do you mean Jakub?” She asks, “the one song the two of us sang on your first fall formal victory you know the one I like” I say before Sunset gives me a look of surprise, “Are you sure this’ll work” She says to me “positive she looked at me with her eyes sparkling when I was singing it” I replied before I take out my phone and look for the instrumental version of the nightcore variant of Wake me up. “You ready Sunset “I say to Sunset as she nods in approval. “Okay here goes nothing” I say as I turn on the song.

During the whole song Maeve slowly moves out of her hiding spot and sits on the couch.


After Maeve finally stops being afraid of Sunset we went to the movies which to be fair it wasn’t half bad. What we went to see was something child friendly for Maeve and Nyx to see so I chose to watch Pokemon detective pikachu, never played the game but I’m not going to bother to buy a Nintendo 3DS just to play it. I did ask Sunset did she enjoy the movie and she did enjoy it, right now I’m driving to Modern Yharnam since I wanted to show Sunset the Hunters Guild where I work.
Both Maeve and Nyx have fallen asleep while we were driving.

“So Sunset what you’re about to see is probably the-“ I stop talking to Sunset as my phone starts ringing “excuse me for a moment,” I say to Sunset before I answer the phone, “Hello The grim reaper of the hunt speaking or otherwise know as Jakub Dash how may I help you” I say before the person talking tell me something important, “Henryk I know this is sudden but tell me were is this kid heading to anyway and what is it he/she want to kill” I say but the next part petrified me “A kid that is called Blue Darkfang plans on killing the blood staved beast on his own!!!!!!” I scream, The Blood staved beast or the bsb as I like to call it is the most aggressive beast that anyone could hear of and it’s best not to fight it alone. Oh did I forget to mention that it is also is poisonous and a Hunter should always bring antidotes with him/her and I remember that there are 4 antidotes in the arena so I calm myself down, “alright Henryk get to the area of the blood staved beast and leave a handgun loaded with one thousand Cursed flame bullets and leave the required weapons list for me to make once the Fall Formal is over Ok” I finally say before saying bye to Henryk.



As I drive like a street racer trying to runaway from the cops, I tell the situation to Sunset to mind Maeve and Nyx for me while I go to find the kid and murder that Blood starved beast once and for all.


After twenty minutes of driving like a mad man we reach our destination of the old cathedral road, I leave Sunset and the girls as I start to walk to the old Cathedral where Blue and the Blood Staved Beast are I notice that there is a small box on a barrel, walking up to the box I noticed the Hunter’s Mark on it meaning it’s from Henryk. Inside the box was a bullet pouch filled with cursed flame bullets and a Desert Eagle with a scope on it, grabbing both pouch and gun which I instantly load with the bullets I continue to move forward to the cathedral knowing the danger and that I could get hurt or worse.



I slowly climb one of the walls of the cathedral and I finally notice Blue sitting on a ledge with a Keyblade by his side which the tip of the blade was drenched in blood. Blue was wearing a blue jacket with white lines on the edges, a white t-shirt with a star in a silver crescent moon with a wing coming out of the moon mark in the middle which was his cutie mark, he wore the exact replica of Roxas’s trousers and shoes. His skin is of a light blue colour, his hair is a mix of dark blue and brown and his eyes were cyan coloured. The Keyblade looked similar to the star seeker Keyblade that I only had when I was training with King Mickey but the difference between star seeker and this Keyblade was that this Keyblade has a midnight blueish colour with the night sky on the Keyblade as well. The one thing I notice is that the small circles that hold the guard have the PlayStation x, circle, square and triangle button on two on each side, but from my point of view I can only see the X and Circle.

Apparently he must have fell asleep because the Blood Staved Beast hasn’t even spotted him, yet. I knew that if that beast got Blue or worse escaped then I would never be forgiven, so I do the only thing possible and jump straight into the arena, which in turn makes the fog appear in all the entry points from the roof to the doors and the beast finally notices me and runs straight towards me,

Dodging it’s swigs was really hard since I was scared of it, after all I was ten years old when I faced it for the first time and I had help then but now I’m alone so I start shooting cursed flame bullets into its eyes in rapid speed and in turn it was about to charge attack me and a bullet hits it and stun locks it allowing me to preform a visceral attack which I quickly use the chance to get a few decent hits on it with the gun while it was getting up from the floor. “I’m so dead” I say as it screams and poisonous gas starts to come out of it meaning that it has entered it’s final phase which means I have to stay away from it at all time or else I’ll get poisoned which I hate.



Now the fight is just getting started. “I better teleport Blue back to his house so he doesn’t see me” I say to myself as I open a portal beneath Blue and see him go through it with the Keyblade. As I move, the beast moves behind me and lunges straight at me which in turn causes my jacket to be ripped as if it was made out of paper, but it also gives me enough time to fire a volley of bullets into it’s chest. After the last bullet hits the beast slowly drops down onto the floor and exploding into pieces of flesh and blood which I’m lucky that I moved behind a pillar or else I would’ve needed to take a shower.
Walking out of the cathedral I notice Henryk jumping of the building and running back to his house as I myself start running to the car.


The drive home was rather interesting since Sunset asked me if she could sleep at my house tonight I agreed that she could stay if she would bring some pyjamas which she agreed to but the problem was would Celestia and Luna agree for her to be able to stay at our house tonight. But even if they allowed her to stay I would be in serious trouble if anything that is owned by ether Luna or Celestia were to be found broken. Both Maeve and Nyx were fast asleep meaning no radio or music. “Do you think they’ll allow me over Jakub?” Sunset asks me, “Well I don’t know about that but it depends on what mood they’re both in” I replied to Sunset as we reach her house so she could grab her pyjamas and some spare clothes. After she get back from her house with a yellow and red coloured school bag and gets into the car, I start driving back to my house.



After we’ve driven back to my house and arrived at the front door I got out of the car as did Sunset to get Maeve and Nyx out of the car.


“Do you think this’ll work Jakub?” Sunset asks me while holding Nyx in her arms since Maeve and Nyx haven’t woken up yet,


“I don’t know but my guess is they’ll ask why are you with me and I’ll say that I invited you to come over and have a sleepover and that I wouldn’t be able to carry both Nyx and Maeve into their bedroom without waking them up” I replie as I open the door to find Luna in her nightdress and a cup of coffee in her left hand,


“do you even know what time it is young man?” Luna says as I quickly pull my phone out of my pocket and check the time.


Midnight, I gulp while bad memories start to come back to me last time I came home at midnight. I start shaking like mad and both Luna and Sunset notice this as both of them ask


“Jakub is something the matter?” before I can say anything both Sunset and Luna finally notice each other before Sunset says,


“Jakub invited me for a sleepover today after our little outing with the girls to the movies but we had to stop at Modern Yharnam because a friend of Jakubs called that a boy was seen going after something in an old cathedral and Jakub had to go there himself so he asked me to watch over the girls while he was gone and neither of us checked the time so we’re both sorry for being this late so if it’s possible can we talk about why we were late tomorrow because Jakub from the looks of it is on the verge of falling asleep in the front door”,

true I was on the verge of falling asleep and so was Sunset. Luna just stared at us before moving from the door allowing us to come in.


Sighing Luna moves away from the door allowing us to go inside.


"Can't believe she allowed you to come in?" I say to Sunset as I'm getting her bed ready. We placed the girls in their room and tucked them in bed.


"I'm surprised as you are Jakub because for a second I thought she was going to make me go home" Sunset tells me as she changes into her PJs and put her clothes that she wore today into her bag. Right before I put the blanket on the bed I hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get that" I say as Sunset takes the blanket and lies down on the bed. Opening the door I notice Rose sitting in front of it with a rock in her mouth and bits of wood on the floor.
"Come here you" I say as I lift Rose from the ground and go back to my room with Rose in my arms.
Sunset notices Rose and looks at her with a smile, I guess Sunset likes wolfs or something along those lines.



After I change into my PJs which consisted of shorts and a t-shirt with the words "Seeker of Truth" written on the back in orange and blue and a picture of Reshiram using "Blue Flare" on the front of it, I get into bed as Sunset does the same thing and the two of us close our eyes.



Five minutes later I open my eyes to notice that Sunset is in my bed and has her arms on my chest as if she's holding me.

"Your not going to let go of me aren't you?" I say to Sunset,

"Nope" she replies.

"Goodnight Sunset, sweet dreams" I say before I close my eyes and go to sleep.

"Goodnight Jakub, I love you" Sunset said quietly as she kiss me on my check and goes to sleep.

Author's Note:

Okay I finished this goddamn chapter already and boy was it tough.
I won't take long to write this little thing in the authors notes.
Next chapter will be in the perspective of Sunset.
And for those who don't know what the blood starved beast is well go play Bloodborne