• Published 9th Apr 2019
  • 1,445 Views, 98 Comments

Sunset’s Guardian Angel - Jakub the Reshiram



Sunset Shimmer wasn't the first Equestrian to make it to the human world. She was the second.

  • ...
48
 98
 1,445

Chapter 3 Peaceful days without fighting (edited)

Today is Tuesday and I have to help Rainbow because she had to reschedule our meeting from Thursday to today because apparently her mother and father are coming home on Thursday and she doesn't want them to think that me and her are dating because she knows that I still love Sunset.



The first thing I notice from the message that she sent me is that the problem has to do with her pass time when not training which is playing video games and knowing Rainbow she really needs help because she would never ask me to help her with gaming because me, her and Applejack are quite competitive and back when the two of them were still friends, they told me that I’m not allowed to help them with a game that they’re having trouble with because they knew I was better than them and I knew some hidden features for example the duplication glitch in “Fallout 4” which isn’t still patched.
Honestly, I'm starting to wonder what game Rainbow needs help with because from what I can tell she’ll probably need help with an achievement for that game or a level, heck maybe even a whole boss fight.



Secondly, she asked that I put my PlayStation up to my bedroom because she doesn’t want to spend a whole two hours listening to Luna rant about the game she needs help with and dear God if that happens I might as well tell Luna to go somewhere because I for a fact know that someone will have to go shopping today because the fridge is almost empty. But there’s a problem for bringing my PlayStation to my bedroom which only came to the house only yesterday, Maeve. I had to literally explain to Celestia and Luna about who and what Maeve is without going into a mental breakdown because I’ve known her mother for quite some time and the moment I hear from Trace and he says that Maeve’s mother is dead then I’ll have the biggest mental breakdown I ever had not to mention I still have to find a psychologist that could help me with these mental breakdowns before they start to get out of hand.



“Will I ever have some peace and quiet from others other than my family and friends” I say as I start to hear Maeve slowly waking up from my bed because I just didn’t bother to make a second bed for her so I let her sleep in my bed while I sleep in a makeshift bed made out of two armchairs which isn’t the first time I did this, the last time I did this was when Nyx first came to the house because neither did I or Luna know what to put in Nyx’s room back then. As Maeve slowly starts to move in my bed I notice that there’s a letter right beside her head. As I try to walk slowly to my bed I accidentally put my foot on one of Rose’s squeaky toys which in turn woke Maeve up and in response she puts the blanket around her body so the person that made the noise wouldn’t see her. I start to wonder if Maeve still remembers me because from what she just did it’s no surprise that she feels scared because she’s in an unknown location.



“Maeve everything is fine it’s me Jakub you remember me don’t you?” I ask her to see if I’m still a part of her memory. She flinches when I say my name and slowly uncovers her head from the blanket and moves her head to where I’m standing. Tears start to go down her face as she looks at me and out of nowhere she jumps right to where I was standing and starts hugging me.


Twenty five minutes had passed when Maeve woke up, she may be a keidran, but she can be a handful. Only five minutes had passed and she’s asking what a computer is well, she has never seen one before so I can’t complain about that.
Rose and Nyx are helping Maeve get used to her new home as I start opening the letter that was beside her this morning.
Right before I start reading the letter from Trace I look around to see if anyone is in the house and can see Luna getting her morning coffee, so the only option I have is to go to my bedroom and read it there.


As I finish the letter my heart stops. The letter explains what happened to Maeve’s mom and her dying wish was for me or my parents to take care of Maeve for her. Naturally, I knew that this fell on me because Maeve once said to me that I was like an older brother to her. I also knew that I have to write a letter to my aunt asking her to send an adoption paper to my parents so they can adopt Maeve making her part of the family, I already did this once for a friend I made in another world and he was lonely for all most all his childhood and his teenage years, he is a year older than me, but still I couldn’t leave him without a friend that in turn was like a brother to him.



Putting the letter in my desk I start to think about how will Maeve be able to go around town without looking like an animal because the only way possible would be if she could change her appearance which for a fact I know she can’t, so the only other possible way would be if Trace would be able to send a necklace or a ring with a spell that could change her appearance to that of a human, which I think is the safest way for Maeve.



As I leave my bedroom and start heading to my forge I start to wonder if I should take the Burial Blade from its resting place back in modern Yharnam which is a fifteen minute drive from the school. Modern Yharnam is a city that is home to the hunters guild which the guild master is one of the two hunters that survived that psychopath hunter. The guild master goes by the name of Henryk, he may look old, but is probably the only family left for Father Gascoigne’s children. Henryk was a friend I made while I was training under Gehrman and was lucky that the hunter was going after Rom the Vacuous spider. Even though Eileen was meant to look after me, what made her mouth drop was when Henryk came back to the cathedral with me sleeping in his arms. I don’t know what happened next but something tells me that he asked Gehrman about traveling to my world if Gehrman was to die.



I stop thinking about the burial blade for now because I’ve got a gauntlet to repair. I learned a lot of metal work as well by working in a blacksmith’s forge in another world. The gauntlet is actually the chimera gauntlet from ‘’Assassin's Creed: Syndicate”. How it got broken, well let’s just say I got into a fight and the hidden blade shattered when I tried to stab a wanted man so he wouldn’t stab me and I missed, the blade hit a wall and the blade in turn shattered from impact.
The forge also held all my weapons I carried in other worlds from my trusty Saw Cleaver to the legendary Kukris wielded by Nyx Ulfric. Each weapon I keep on the wall or on a shelf and I clean each weapon every two weeks. The forge I use is made from titanium which I brought with me from a world that is similar to the game Terraria, but the design of it is very different from the game.


As I leave the forge after two and a half hours I go to sit on the couch in the living room and I notice that Maeve is human.
“Well about time you send something for her Trace Legacy, because if I ever find out this was from your soon to be wife I swear on my own aunt that I will break your arm so much that it’ll have to be magically repaired” I say as I look at Maeve sitting on the couch with Nyx and Rose watching Shaun the Sheep. As I look at Maeve for almost two minutes I notice that she has the same skin colour as me, her eyes stayed the same as well as her hair and hair colour. As I go to sit beside Nyx and Maeve the doorbell rings.



“Coming” I say as I reach the door and open it to see Rainbow standing with her gym bag by her side, “ I didn’t think you’ll be this quick to get here, it’s only twelve o’clock” I finish as Rainbow comes inside the house. “Sorry for intruding Jakub, but this is urgent and well I can’t do this on my own “Rainbow says as she enters the house and puts the gym bag on a table “you remember how me, you and AJ made a bet that whoever was to finish ‘’Assassin's Creed: Rouge’’ remastered to one hundred percent complete was to receive two hundred dollars from the loser right?” “Right” I reply before Rainbow continues “well, I’m stuck on the last legendary battle and I need your help I did fully upgrade “The Morrigan”, but I still can’t beat that ship, so if it’s alright with you can you do it for me?” She finishes as she takes out her PlayStation form the bag and places it on the table. “So is the captain of almost every team in the school asking me to help her with possibly one of the hardest fights in “Assassin's Creed: Rouge?” I asked Rainbow before finishing the question for her, “ alright I’ll do it, you don’t have to get all angry at me just bring the console to my bedroom and hook it up to my tv ok?” “Ok” she replies before taking the PlayStation and going up to my bedroom. “Ok you three be good while I help RD ok?” I ask Nyx, Rose and Maeve before they answer “okay“.



The next two hours were probably the most annoying because I had to remember the strategy I used for the Storm Fortress when I was taking it on five weeks ago and boy was it hard to remember that strategy, but in the end the battle was won and Rainbow was happy for me that she said that if one day she and AJ would forgive each other, they would give me something that I wouldn’t expect from them.



The rest of the day was nice apart from Pinkie coming into the house out of nowhere to give Maeve a small party for her arrival to Canterlot and for Pinkie, going for a small welcome party was well unexpected from her because she normally has a big party where everyone is invited, but she did say that her Pinkie sense told her not to make a huge party because she thought it would scare the person that is getting the party.



As I put both Maeve and Nyx to sleep because they begged Celestia and Luna to ask me if I could read them a bedtime story which I couldn’t resist because both Nyx and Maeve were giving me the puppy eyes.
I start to think about something Pinkie said to me during the party that she’s going to pick me up at ten o’clock in the morning for some reason.


The next day I wake up at five o’clock in the morning.
“Well today’s supposed to be the anniversary of the day I met Ignis, Noctis, Gladiolus and Prompto. I wish I could see them today, but they’re probably really busy especially Noct since he is the king of Lucis.” I say to myself as I get out of my bed and go to the drawer to find a photo album that was given to me before I left Lucis for the second time.



Looking through the album I start to remember how the five of us used to get into a lot of fights back then, and good old Prompto thought it would be funny to take pictures while we were fighting to which I started laughing when one of them showed Noctis getting hit in the face by an iron giant’s sword, I give a small chuckle as I remember that particular incident. As I find the picture I was looking for I sit back onto the bed and look at it, this particular picture shows me sleeping at the edge of the campsite with Ignis sitting right beside me while I slept. Prompto said he couldn’t resist taking this picture because of how cute I looked when I was sleeping, but I can’t complain no one back home took any pictures of me when I was sleeping.



After five minutes of looking at the picture, I put it back into the album and put the album back into the drawer. “ Well, better go for a morning walk while everyone is sleeping,” I say to myself as I get out of my pajamas and change into my usual clothing before asking myself “Should I wake Rose up and take her with me?” I say and start to think about her when she comes into the room and says to me “Well it would be nice to get some fresh air once in a while Jakub”. “Okay I’ll take you just be quiet ok?” I ask her and she nods in approval. “This’ll be a long day,” I say before getting out of my bedroom while putting on my jacket. Going downstairs at this time of day is a risk because last time I done this Luna literally scared the hell out of me which in turn caused me to faint face first.



After leaving the house safely and walking to the park I notice someone in the horizon. Standing by a tree in the park centre was a boy wearing a long black cloak looking straight at me. As me and Rose get closer to the tree the boy runs off leaving a slip of paper where he was standing. “Who was that boy?” I say to Rose who just came back with the slip of paper “I don’t know Jakub, but apparently he wants to help you” she replies before continuing “because he must have known about your mental problems and was desperate to get the number of a physiologist which is on that piece of paper.” I look at the piece of paper and it shows the phone number to a man called Dr. Darkfang. Darkfang, I know of only two people with that at the end of their names. Crystal who I ment in the human world and the other being my friend and a royal that was asked to keep an eye on me when I lived in the castle who went by the name of Wolf Darkfang. “So you and Blue went after me” I say out loud “I might see you soon old friend”. Rose gives me a look of confusion to which I give a small chuckle.



After leaving the park at around nine o’clock I start to walk to downtown Canterlot to the address on the piece of paper that the boy left in the park. I brought my daggers along with me for protection just in case I get attacked by Wolf who has a habit of trying to break someone’s hoof if he was in a bad mood. Rose on the other hand chose to hide in my school bag because she knew that I can’t bring animals to a stranger’s house even though that person may be my friend. Walking to the address wasn’t that bad since I was happy to see my old friend.



Reaching the clinic that it’s located directly below Wolf’s house meaning he might be home even if he finished work. As I open the door to the clinic I notice some of Wolf’s personal equipment ranging from old military jackets to his personal weapon of choice: a sword and shield with his cutie mark engraved in them. Wolf’s cutie mark is a gray wolf head with a full moon behind it. Wolf did say to me once that he used to walk in The Everfree Woods during a full moon and used to walk right beside the timber wolf packs who didn’t attack him for some reason, he never told me why they didn’t attack him.
After looking at the sword and shield I start to move towards the door labelled Dr. Darkfang.



I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.
“Enter” a voice calls out from the door signaling me to enter. Opening the door and entering the room I notice a man in his mid twenties sitting behind a desk looking at me. The man had purple eyes with black hair with a silver line going on the left side of his hair. There’re also scars on his face showing that he’s been through a lot of difficult fights in the past. He’s also is wearing an unbuttoned white shirt with a gray t-shirt beneath the shirt meaning either his finished work or it’s hot in the room or both. “I believe we haven’t met before so allow me to intro-“ he starts saying before I interrupt him “We’ve met before Wolf.” I smirk at him before saying something that only he knows “you used to have a pet called Fang when you weren’t a royal Guard.” The moment he hears this he smiles and says “long time no see Jakub” after saying that he gets off his chair and walks over to me and brings me into a bear hug.


“So you and Blue made a makeshift portal from Equestria to the human world, but it didn’t have a set of coordinates for the portal here so it sent you and Blue to Japan instead of here, where you stayed there for half a year because you didn’t want Blue to have a relationship at his age correct?” I ask Wolf who replies “Pretty much” after he says that I continue “Ok, so after you got money for a plane you and Blue went to Ireland where you stayed for three years before you come to the human version of Canterlot where you’re planning to send Blue to CHS after the Fall Formal which is happening next week on Friday.” I finish the summary of the story that Wolf told me, after releasing me from his bear hug which took an hour and a half to tell. “Yeah, Sorry for showing myself when I first came here, but trust me I had my reasons” he says and is about to continue before I interrupt him “ Wolf, you don’t have to explain it to me, but right now I have to run to Sugar Cube Corner, because I made a promise to someone I’ll be there in less than an hour so I have to go also you’re not allowed to talk to Blue about that I go to school here ok and that I’m in the same city?” I tell him as I’m running down the corridor and hear him shout his replies “YES!!!!”.


After running straight to Sugar Cube Corner I skid into a stop because I remembered that Rose is in my bag. “Looks like someone doesn’t like long talks” I say to myself as I open the bag and notice Rose sleeping in the bag so I do the only thing I pick up the sleeping body of Rose and put her on the ground before zipping my bag shut and picking her up in my arms yet again. She reminds me of a fluffy cloud to which I give a small chuckle. Walking slowly to Sugar Cube Corner with Rose in my arms “So what’s the big surprise, Pinkie” I ask Pinkie as she gives me a quick look before pulling me over to a table and going into the kitchen to pick a meal that I can’t believe she made, unless HE somehow was able to come here and make it because I did tell Pinkie that today was special for me and I think she may have went too far to actually to go to insomnia to get him is way beyond my understanding, but as I learned from the others I shouldn’t question Pinkie.



The meal that was brought before me was a dry-aged tender roast stew which looked as if it was made by Ignis. As I’m about to say something to Pinkie I hear a voice coming out of the kitchen which sounds way to familiar “It appears you still have the same look on your face as you did when I first made this dish when camping with the others Jay” my mind explodes when I hear the nickname Jay and only one person would ever use when I was around and he was my second mentor, “no, it can’t be” I said before the person in the kitchen comes out and walks to where I was standing because at this point I got up to give Pinkie a hug for doing this for me it’s a special day for me no matter how ordinary it may be. Standing beside Pinkie was Ignis who looked the same as ever with the only difference was he didn’t have his walking stick with him. he became blind in one eye as you could tell from the colour, his eye that didn’t have the scar was back to its original colour meaning he wasn’t blind in that eye while the other was still blind.



“Ignis how did you come here, don’t you have someone to give advice to?” I ask him because after Noctis took the ring to the crystal I knew he would die so I stopped him from doing it because if he did that Y'jhimei a friend the five of us made and who has a crush on Noct for some reason would be heartbroken if he died. Before Noctis could sit on the throne a beam of light went into the crystal causing the ring of Lucii to break and allowing Noctis to live and bringing light back to the world, where the light came from was from a Keyblade that was in my hand. I never saw which Keyblade it was because of the light caused everyone to close their eyes and when the light died down I fell unconscious from exhaustion, they never told me what the Keyblade looked like, but only told me the whole Keyblade was of a white colour.


“Wow I never would have thought of that Ignis” I say to him after he tells me about what happened in Lucis after I left for the second time. Nothing special happens in Lucis apart from Prompto marrying Cindy the week after the events with Ardyn and the crystal. I was shocked on how Ignis got here because from what he told me he put himself in a box that was sent to modern Yharnam which is connected with a portal to Eos and back. I spend around an hour with Ignis before he had to go back to the king.



After saying my goodbyes to Ignis I walk over to where Pinkie was and gave her a big hug for doing this for me.
“Thank you” I whisper in her ear before letting go of the hug I gave her and walked to the door, “guess I’ll have to get that recipe for sea-salted ice-cream for her so I don’t have to go to Twilight Town every two weeks to restock ” I say as I start walking back home not knowing that the boy I saw in the park was watching me walk back to where I live.


“Why didn’t you wake me up when you and your friend Ignis were talking?“ Rose yells at me after she woke up in her bed back at the house, “Well, I thought you would be bored to death from that talk alone” I reply to her knowing that she is a little bit angry, but I can’t complain she’s always like this whenever she wakes up after a very nice dream. After leaving my bedroom I walk into the sitting room and I notice that both Celestia and Luna are sleeping on the couch meaning they had a very busy day because there was a bottle of wine on the coffee table meaning they’re both drunk. “Looks like those two had something very bad happen if they drank the whole bottle of wine” I say as I take the empty bottle of wine back into the cupboard where all the empty bottles lie. I was gone for the whole day and that left both Luna and Celestia in charge of minding Maeve and Nyx.


After taking a shower and getting in my shorts and t-shirt I notice something on my phone that I wouldn’t believe was there. On the screen showed a message from Sunset. I look at the message for about fifteen minutes before I read it.

Sunset: hey Jakub I know this a bit sudden and the fact I literally called you an idiot. Well, I can understand that you’re going to delete this message, but if you don’t then well I was wondering if you know me and you would like to go to the cinema or something I know that people bullied you after I won the title of princess of the fall formal last year, but truth be told I’m starting to understand what you meant when you told me that power isn’t everything. Look to cut to the chase will you be able to pick me up from my house tomorrow if you’re available of course. I heard what happened to Nyx, Jakub and I’m sorry even though I bully everyone, you stood by my side ever since we met each other and I think after this fall formal I’m going to change, you know show that I can be helpful and kind anyway I’ll be waiting at my house tomorrow.
P.S I overheard from Flash while I was shopping for guitar strings that you own a car, but from what I heard it’s under reconstruction so if you have a spare car it would make this way easier well goodnight Jakub I’ll see you tomorrow if you accept.

I can’t believe it, she still cares for me and Nyx, even though she is a bully and that’s something Sunset doesn’t show very often while bullying others. I know that she may be a bully, but inside she is still the kind person I fell in love with. Back when I was about to go to the human world before Sunset went there I promised Princess Celestia that I would protect her little sun as she called her that because she felt guilty for what she had done and to be fair I never expected her to feel sad when I was about to leave Equestria and enter the human world. As I opened my contacts I start going down the amount of contacts I have until I find Sunset’s phone number and dial her.

“Hello who is it” I hear her say through the phone “hey Sunset I’ve read your message and to be honest, I didn’t think you would write to me or at least talk to me, what made you change your mind?” I ask her “ Well to be fair I was doing this to just spend time with you, because we are technically still a couple because neither of us said that we’re breaking up right?” She asks, “Well, that’s true so what time do you want me to pick you up and is it okay for me to bring someone with me?” I ask her “sure, I don’t mind meeting someone else” she replies “thanks Sunset I’ll see you tomorrow then goodnight” I reply before she say “goodnight” and turning off her phone.



I know I don’t have a spare car, but I do know someone that can get me a car by tomorrow and that person is Flare.
I find Flare’s MyStable account at midnight and send him a message asking if he has a car that I could buy from the police.
By the time I get a reply from him I was on the verge of falling asleep because of the time.

Blazing Flare: So what do you need Jakub.

Wolf’s Requiem: well, does the police have any car I could buy off them that were taken from street racers?

Blazing Flare: well, yes there’s a car for sale, a Dodge Viper to be exact this was taken five weeks ago so you can buy it if you want it’s already through commission and the insurance is paid off till today of next year so you won’t have to pay for it till next year.

Wolf’s Requiem: Flare, is it possible for you to respray it yellow and put a darker yellow and red stickers on the sides that resemble flames?

Blazing Flare: sure anything else

Wolf’s Requiem: how much for the car?

Blazing Flare: it’s actually free and I’m guessing you want me to drop it off at your house correct?

Wolf’s Requiem: yep could you drop it at ten o’clock in the morning because I’m planning to go out to the cinema with a friend and possibly Nyx and Maeve will come as well

Blazing Flare: Sure see you at ten

Wolf’s Requiem: see you at ten



After closing MyStable and putting my laptop on the desk I get to my bed thinking of what movie I should watch with Sunset, Maeve, and Nyx which is a tricky decision because of Maeve’s and Nyx’s age group, hopefully Sunset will understand.
After a long day like this I think I will have the sweetest dreams.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long delay everyone I had things to do so I didn’t have time to write but I promise that there will a a new chapter probably in July because i have something happening during June which I won’t get a possibility on writing the next chapter but I will star writing the next chapter on Wednesday so hope you enjoyed this chapter and also Wolf Darkfang is another oc I made for a friend of mine well the same friend that owns Crystal and you can already guess that Wolf and Crystal are related in a way. (father and daughter) also if any of you want to know who Blue you’ll have to wait for the events of rainbow rocks