• Published 9th Apr 2019
  • 1,444 Views, 98 Comments

Sunset’s Guardian Angel - Jakub the Reshiram



Sunset Shimmer wasn't the first Equestrian to make it to the human world. She was the second.

  • ...
48
 98
 1,444

Prologue (edited)

Dear princess Celestia,

It’s been six year since I last sent you a message in this diary, but things here in the human world have been going well for me and for Sunset. Well I have to thank you for asking Fausticorn to come in the human world the same day as I came here. She is quite the bundle of fun because she turned herself into a white wolf with red hair and a small pair of her wings. She can’t turn back, but she accepted it and is happy that I have a fellow equestrian to talk to and to cuddle.

Since my last message, I have learned a lot of different sword styles and hand to hand combat from the different worlds that I visit over any long holiday from high school, which in turn allowed me to make copies of the original weapons that my friends use.

But I still have to ask you this: why did you give me keyblade keychains the day I left?

Needless to say, I grew quite fond of using them for magic and the amount of combos I can pull off with the different types of keyblades.

I hope Twily will come soon.

I haven’t seen her for I think fourteen Equestrian years—equivalent to six Earth years over here.

As you should know, I’ve been able to access my unicorn powers for a while now. I use them when I’m out in the city as the Masked Saviorr or The Guardian Angel. What shocked me the most was that only yesterday—when I ponied up, as I like calling it—that I somehow appeared to have Pegasus wings even though I was born a unicorn.

You’re planning to turn Twilight into an alicorn, aren’t you? I’m not mad, but, as I said before I left, if this happens, I will know that the memory spell is going to break.

Your human counterpart is quite a nice woman—or should I say mare? I don’t know. She gave me a home to stay and she knows a little about Equestria, you, me and the portal.

Even if things are going well, I still miss mum and dad, but I can’t give up. I have to wait a week or two for the spell to be broken. Well. The last thing I need to tell you is that Sunset and me were a couple after freshman year, but went our separate ways after the second fall formal.

I think (and I hope) deep down in her heart she still loves me. I love her, but she should stop being a bully to other people here in Canterlot High. She still doesn’t know that I’m from Equestria as well, but every time we used to talk before our breakup, she would always say that my smile reminds her of her first friend she made—which you know is me. At least that memory is there, but I don’t know how long before she finds out that I came after her when she left you.

I gave her words of encouragement when we first met in the human world when the school year started.

I have to cut this letter to you short because I promised Vice-principal Luna a game of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, so I guess I will send a letter in a week or two to see if Twilight’s an alicorn because you know of the link between me and her.

Your nephew,

Jakub Sparkle Dash.

P.S Tell Shining that he has my regards for his wedding and say hi to Cadance for me.

——— 🗝️ ———

I close the book, putting it back on the desk and trying not to think about what Celestia will tell me, but I bet it won't be good news.

Before leaving my room, I look again at the cover of my diary for the umpteenth time.

The purple star burst with smaller, white ones next to it, and Oblivion and Oathkeeper crossing the purple star exactly in the middle.

My cutie mark.

I pondered its meaning for a long time—since I first met Sunset, and later when I told my brother what happened back at home with the memory spell that struck our parents and our sister Twilight.

Last year, however, my mentor King Mickey made me participate in one of his reflections. For him, my cutie mark was a symbol of a particular mastery of magic and a propensity to take care of my friends.

All I can say about how I met Mickey is that it was unexpected, but it quickly made me understand that I still have a lot to learn from Discord about dimensional travel.

Mickey told me he wasn't from my universe and I in response told him I was looking for someone who could teach me how to use a keyblade properly. Everything I knew was based on simple moves that old mentors taught me. I must especially thank my first mentor Gehrman, who trained me on how to move during a fight and wield a sword despite being inexperienced.

Mickey first passed to me his knowledge of magic, and was shocked at how I managed to juggle with the most powerful spells he knew. I even managed to combine two spells, as I can hold two keyblades. Two Become One and Sleeping Lion.

After the magical performances I gave Mickey, he asked me if I knew someone called Celestia, and I said yes, I knew her; she's my aunt.

He told me that he had sent her all the keychains that a friend of his, named Sora, picked up after defeating a man named Xemnas.

At first glance, I was shocked, and immediately realized that those were the events that occurred in a game I played in the human world, and in my old world. Mickey was once again surprised by what I told him and he added that he never expected Celestia to know and bring someone from another universe here. I told him it was a long story and that it was due to some sort of accident.

——— 🗝️ ———

Next to the door, there is a mirror in which I reflect before leaving the room.

I have always considered myself a normal boy.

At only sixteen, I don't care much about my appearance. My sky blue eyes are my favorite thing about me as they contrast my vanilla skin and dark brown hair.

I wear a t-shirt with a wolf print partly covered by a jacket similar to the one Sora wears in kingdom hearts 2. The only peculiarity is that my cutie mark is on the back of the jacket. My black pants have flames at the base of the legs, and my shoes are replicas of the shoes that Roxas wore at the start of Kingdom Hearts 2.

But five seconds later, there in the mirror stood a young, brown-maned, white alicorn with the same colour eyes as me. On each side of his flank was the same mark from the cover of the book and the back of the jacket.

I look at my pony self and almost cry for how much of equestria I miss, but I have to be patient. My sister will be here any day now.

Looking at the mirror for the last time before going to the sitting room to see if Luna has set up the PlayStation, I see that the reflection has turned back to my human self.

“Worried about your sister, Jakub?” I hear a voice say, and look to see Fausticorn—or as I like to call her, Rose—laying on my bed looking at me.

“Yes, Rose. I’m worried. I hope she's fine,” I say to her, and notice that she looks tired. “Go back to sleep Rose. Tomorrow, we’re going for a run to the pet shop to see if Fluttershy needs any help.”

She looks at me with her light blue eyes, saying “Goodnight, Jakub” before she falls asleep yet again.

“Goodnight, Rose. Sweet dreams,” I say as I close the door quietly before going downstairs.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the prologue and I will say it again I don’t own the my little pony franchise, kingdom hearts franchise and any other franchise I will mention in this story also I don’t own any pictures or music that will be used in this story as well.