• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 1,963 Views, 12 Comments

Equestrian 'Hero' - InsaneMan



I never questioned my sanity before. Well, after I saw talking ponies, I just questioned my own existence.

  • ...
10
 12
 1,963

Chapter 6: Let’s talk(edited)

As I moved my hands around the beautiful stars, Nightmare just stares at me patiently. After a few more waves of the stars past through my hands, I finally looked turned and looked at her.

“So, you wanted to talk?” I asked, sitting beside her.

She looks at me with a look of curiosity, "Yes, that is why I brought here. But first,” she moves her fore-hoof over to where the stars are, “why do you dream of this?”

I looked at the stars, mesmerized by the scene, and smiled.

“I don’t know. I guess it has to do with me liking the night.” I looked at Nightmare, who gestured for me to keep going. “I always loved the night, even still it’s a beautiful thing. As a kid, I used to stay up most of the night staring at the stars. They were beautiful, made me forget about all the bad stuff in life.”

I looked down, “Then, all that changed when I came home one day.” I swallowed a lump in my throat as I continued. “I came home to see my family dead.”

This seemed to have an effect on her, since she seemed to flinch at that mention. While I was looking down, I noticed a bit of light coming towards the ground in front of me. I look up to see the events that transpired on the day my family died.

Me and Nightmare just watched what I already lived through. After the weird portal thing vanished, I started crying. I don’t know how long I cried but, it wasn’t until I felt something soft hug me. I looked up to see that it was Nightmare. We stood that way for a while until she let go. I wiped my eyes and looked at her, eyes still red.

“Now, why did you bring me here?” I asked, voice a little raspy.

She cleared her throat and started telling me her story. From what I got from it, she had a big sister, named Celestia, and a brother, who she can’t remember the name of, who betrayed her. Also, Nightmare’s name used to be Luna. She was always getting the bottom of the barrel. Her brother protected her and tried to help through her life.

It wasn’t until one day that Luna snapped. She attacked her sister in a fit of rage. She was winning the fight, with her brother trying to calm her down. But she was too far gone to understand and attacked him with rage. When Celestia used the Elements Of Harmony to banished her to the moon for 1,000 years he was right in front of her to get the attack.

But before the blast hit him, Luna used her magic to push him out of the way, receiving the blast instead of her brother.

After she finished, a thought occured from me.

"So, your brother, even when you lost it, still protected you but your sister didn't?" I asked, fist clenching.

Nightmare watched as I clenched my fist. I look down at the pendent and calmed down. I turned and looked at her in the eyes.

Holding up the pendent I asked, “Why did you give me this?”

She sighed and explained.

"That was my brother's, he gave it to me to feel safe at night. But the back of it wasn't there when he gave it to me. It appeared one day when I was by myself." She smiled sadly, "Even when I was attacking them both, I stilled had it," she finished.

"Why are you still doing this?" I asked.

Just then the world started to warp and a distorted voice was heard.

"BeCaUsE oF mE," it said.

I looked around and couldn't find anything. I noticed that Nightmare was gone, leaving me in this place.

I looked around even more and saw a bloodied up version of myself. Wounds scattered on his arms and legs, hair charred black, lips bleeding, and his eyeless sockets that oozed a black substance stared at me.

I was scared and I backed up.

Everything started fading away. I looked around frantically, wondering what the fuck was going on.

The thing smiled at me as my world vanished.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, but the next one will be longer. So if you can leave an idea you want me to use or an error in my chapters in the comments. Until next time.