• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 1,179 Views, 11 Comments

Brothers to the end - gingercolt



Mark awakens in Equestria, wounded, with his brother gone. will he ever see him again alive?

  • ...
4
 11
 1,179

CHAPTER 2: ROAD TO RECOVERY

The next few hours, well at least I believe them to be hours; seem to go by in a blur. Slipping in and out of consciousness I keep hearing that pony I met whilst on my deathbed. However, I hear other voices as well, her friend’s maybe? I don’t have enough energy to open my eyes to be sure though. For all I know I could have been in some coma induced trance the whole time and I am currently in a hospital bed being kept alive through life support. I would think that, but the whole ordeal seems too real to be a dream. I don’t know why I’m not dead yet, but who knows what might happen. In my brief moments of consciousness I hear several voices in conversation, but I’m too disorientated to make out words. I can’t feel anything, only hear them.

some peopel say that when your about to die, you have something called an out of body experience, and apparently, they are meant to feel real. so maybe im in one of those.

Suddenly I’m aware of the sound of a heart beat monitor. Yes, it’s definitely a heart monitor; I’ve watched enough episodes of casualty to know that sound anywhere. Wait. If I can hear this then I must be alive, how, I had a bullet in my chest but no blood in my body. Oh what am I questioning for, I’m alive, and it’s all that matters now. I feel like I’m lying on something soft, which must be a bed, so at least I can feel again. I summon the strength to force my eyes open and I’m greeted with the smiling face of that yellow pony. So it is real.

With so much to say it’s weird that all I can muster is a simple “hi.”

“Oh thank Celestia that your awake, I was so worried that I flew as fast as I could to my friends. I didn’t even take a breath explaining what happened. I mean, you’re the first creature I’ve seen that can talk, I was so curious since I saw you come out of the Everfree Forest and run towards me on your hind legs, but then you fell and I was scared you were hurt. And when you said you were dying I got so scared. Anyhow, me and my friends ran back to you but you weren’t moving, I felt like crying since you said you couldn’t die alone. But then Twilight, one of my friends said you were breathing. So Rainbow Dash, because she’s the fastest in all of Equestria, flew to get nurse Redheart and bring her back to you. At first she had no idea what to do, considering you’re the first creature like you she’s ever seen. But, we saw that you had something in your chest and had lost a lot of blood, so we rushed you to this hospital, got you all patched up and prayed to Celestia for the best.”

"how come your not afraid of me? i mean, have you ever seen a human here before?"

"of course i'm not afraid, shocked maybe, but all sorts of things have come out of that forest, i'm just glad you can speak, oh, and your called a human.You'll have to tell the doctors that soon."

“Well, all I can say is that you saved my life, if it weren’t for you I would have died out there. I can’t thank you enough, and I don’t even know your name.” There’s a lot that needs to be explained, but it can wait.

“My name is Fluttershy and you’re in Ponyville hospital.”

I was about to say something else but what must be the painkillers pull me back under.


The next time I awaken I’m surrounded by many more ponies of many different colours.they all seen to be staring at me curiously, which was to be expected. I count six in total, two have horns, they cant be unicorns, can they? Another two have wings, ok, this is getting stranger by the second! one of which is Fluttershy, who i've just noticed has wings, well before i could only see her from the front. Before I can even utter a single word a pink pony bounces right up to my face.

“Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie, Wow, I’ve never seen anything like you before, and I know everyone and everything in Ponyville. Wait, if your new that means you need a welcome party! What kind of food do you like? I like cake! Oh my we can get really scrumptious cake from sugarcube corner, come on let’s go!”

Thankfully, I’m saved by an orange pony with a blonde mane.

“Calm down sugarcube, we don’t even know anything about him yet. Just let him explain who he is and why he’s here before we go plannin any parties.” The orange pony has a strong southern accent, which I thinks really cool, since she sounds just like my cousin May, who’s from Connecticut.

I begin by saying “Firstly, my name is Mark and well, I guess you’re all wondering why I’m here, to be honest, I don’t even know. I was in an accident, and then I woke up in a forest near here.I guess Fluttershy here has already told you about what happened."

still i think to myself how they're not afraid or even a little bit scared, but i suppose they've seen alot round here.

A purple pony then chips in “it was probably the Everfree forest, since weird things occur there.”

“Yeah probably” I continue. “Anyway, I woke up there with no idea how I even got there in the first place. Then I realised I was bleeding, so I tried to get help, I managed to get out of the forest and find Fluttershy, then I blacked out.” I’d rather keep the details of the accident secret until more has been cleared up.

“Oh that reminds me, lets us introduce ourselves.” The purple pony suddenly says. “My name is Twilight Sparkle”
Pointing to the blue pony she introduces as Rainbow dash, and the white pony as Rarity. I already know who Pinkie Pie is, who by the way still hasn’t calmed down. The orange pony introduces herself as Applejack, fitting considering she looks like a cowgirl with that hat. And then the last to speak is Fluttershy. Who hasn’t stopped smiling.

“You really are something special, please; I’d love if you could come by my library one day so I could study you.” Twilight says enthusiastically.

may as well try and fit in as soon as possible, if its possible that is.

“Yeah, sure, I’ve got plenty of time on my hands” I reply. They all stare at me puzzled, then I realise, they have hooves not hands. “Oh boy, I’ve got a lot to adjust to here” they all laugh, which makes me do something I haven’t done in a while. Smile.