• Published 21st Mar 2019
  • 3,088 Views, 37 Comments

The Moon Student and the Sun Student - Twilight Star



After Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer see Princess Celestia raise the sun and Princess Luna lower the Moon, the two unicorn filly decide to enter the unicorn school of unicorns to be Princess students.

  • ...
11
 37
 3,088

weekend first part

Sunset Shimmer woke up with sunshine on her face, luckily she managed to wake up and get up. Then she remembered something! Today was the weekend. With joy on her face, she left the room and went into the dining room to eat breakfast.


Sunset Shimmer opened the door to the dining room, and saw that Luna was already on the table. With a smile, she walked over to Luna and sat down next to her, Luna looked at Sunset Shimmer, “Good morning, Sunset, did you sleep well?”

Sunset Shimmer looked at Luna, “yes, princess”

Suddenly, Celestia and Twilight Sparkle appeared and went to the table, “good morning, Luna; good morning Sunset“, greeted Celestia with a smile.

“Good morning, sister”, greeted Luna.

“Are you excited for the weekend?”, asked Celestia.

“I am, Princess”, replied Sunset Shimmer with a smile.

“And you, Twilight?”, asked Celestia looking at Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle stared at the floor, “well, I guess, because I’ll be seeing my family at least ...”

“When you finish eating, pack your things”, said Celestia.

The two fillies nodded.


After Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer finished eating, they went to their rooms to pack their things. Sunset Shimmer was excited to spend the weekend with Twilight Sparkle, when Sunset Shimmer finished packing her things, Luna appeared at the door, a smile on her face, “are you excited for this weekend, Sunset?”, asked Luna.

“Yes, I’m very excited, Princess”, replied Sunset Shimmer with a smile now with her backpack.

“Let’s go to the castle entrance”, said Luna.

Sunset Shimmer followed Luna to the entrance of the castle, she realized that Celestia and Twilight Sparkle were already in the doorway, saying goodbye.

“Bye, Sunset, see you on Monday”, said Luna as she hugged Sunset Shimmer with a hull.

“Goodbye Luna,” said Sunset Shimmer as she hugged Luna with a hull.

Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle left the castle, “So, Twilight, let’s have a slumber party at your house?”, asked Sunset Shimmer with a smile.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Sunset Shimmer, “Yeah, let’s get ready”, replied Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were already in the bedroom, and put their backpacks in a corner.

Twilight Sparkle’s bedroom was purple in color, had a bookshelf, a balcony with a telescope, a bed with a blanket with stars and moons, and a purple star-lamp.

“Wow, your room is beautiful”, said Sunset Shimmer with admiration.

“Thank you, Sunset”, thanked Twilight Sparkle before picking up a book from the bookshelf and beginning to read it.

Sunset Shimmer continued to look around, astonished at everything Twilight Sparkle had in her room.

Sunset Shimmer went to the bookcase, “Twilight, can I get a book to read?”, asked Sunset Shimmer looking at Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle took her eyes off the book to respond, “make yourself comfortable, Sunset”

Sunset Shimmer took a book with her magic, before lying down on the bed to start reading.


“Lunch time!”, called Twilight Velvet.

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer took their eyes off the books, Twilight Sparkle jumped out of bed before picking up the books and putting them back on the shelf.

“Come on, Sunset”, said Twilight Sparkle with a smile before stepping out of the bedroom door.

Sunset Shimmer jumped out of bed and followed Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight Velvet put the food on the table, before serving Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle.

“What do you two plan to do this afternoon?”, asked Twilight Velvet as she served.

“I’m going to the library to return one book and get another, do you want to come with me, Sunset?”, asked Twilight Sparkle.

Sunset Shimmer looked at Twilight Sparkle, “yes”


After everypony had finished their lunch, Twilight Sparkle went to her mother who was washing the dishes, “Mom, me and Sunset can we go to the library?”, asked Twilight Sparkle with a big smile.

“Of course, my dear”, replied Twilight Velvet before returning to her task.

Twilight Sparkle put a backpack with books and went to the door and opened it with a hoof, “come, Sunset”

Sunset Shimmer got out of the chair, and went to Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were walking the streets of Canterlot, Twilight Sparkle was reading the book she brought in her purse, Sunset Shimmer was curious, “what's the name of the book you’re reading?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight Sparkle stopped their reading, “the butterfly and the caterpillar”

“Are you going to return it to the library?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

“Yes”, replied Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer finally arrived in the library, Sunset Shimmer opened the door, “after you”

As a request for Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle came in first and went to a mare who was at a table, “i came to return this book”

The mare took the book with her magic, “fine, you can get another book”, she said.

Twilight Sparkle went up to the bookshelves to look for a book, Sunset Shimmer just kept watching, she wasn’t going to take any book to read, she wasn’t much of a fan of reading, but she respected Twilight Sparkle for liking it.

“I found it!”, exclaimed Twilight Sparkle as she took a book from the shelf with its magic.

“Did you find what?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

“A book to help with our slumber party”, replied Twilight Sparkle before showing the book to Sunset Shimmer.

“Wow, this is going to be very useful”, said Sunset Shimmer.

“I know, it’s going to be the best slumber party ever!”, exclaimed Twilight Sparkle cheerfully as she clapped her hooves.


It was already dark, and Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were already in their bedroom in their pajamas. Twilight Sparkle wore dark blue pajamas with moons and stars, while Sunset Shimmer wore red pajamas with light red suns.

“What do we do first?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight Sparkle read in the book, “here says we should do makeup”

Sunset Shimmer hesitated, “but we’re fillies, will not it give allergy?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Sunset Shimmer, “but, we should do what’s in the book to make the party perfect”

“Twilight, just because we’re not going to do something that’s in the book, doesn’t mean that the slumber party will not be good”, said Sunset Shimmer.

“Yeah, you’re right ...”, said Twilight Sparkle sadly as she stared at the floor.

Sunset Shimmer noticed the sadness in Twilight Sparkle, “don’t be sad, what’s next?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at the book, “horror stories”

Twilight Sparkle switched off the lights, turned on her lamp, and set the lamp on the floor.

“Would you like to start or should I start?”, asked Twilight Sparkle to Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset Shimmer thought for a few seconds before replying, “you start”

Twilight Sparkle nodded before beginning her story, “One night, in a forest, two ponies have gathered to camp ...”

Sunset Shimmer was listening to the story as she lay on the floor.

“... but it wasn’t an ordinary forest, this forest was haunted ...” said Twilight Sparkle in a frightening way. “... By the Mare-without-head”

Sunset Shimmer didn’t know why, but she started to get scared.

“And when the ponies looked back ...” paused Twilight Sparkle dramatically. “... The mare-without-head devoured them!”

Sunset Shimmer now got confused, “wait, how did the mare-without-head devour them if she even hasn’t head?”

“It’s up to your imagination, Sunset”,Twilight Sparkle replied in a frightening way.

Sunset Shimmer was frightened, but soon composed, “now it’s my turn”

Twilight Sparkle gave the lamp to Sunset Shimmer tell the story.

“In a school where all unicorns study, there was a bathroom ...”, began Sunset Shimmer telling the story. “... where a unicorn of white color and yellow mane, was in the bathroom, missing the lesson ...”

Twilight Sparkle, unlike Sunset Shimmer, wasn't afraid of these stories because she knew it was all a lie and that none of it existed.

“... one day, when she was in the bathroom missing class ...” paused Sunset Shimmer dramatically. “... She slipped and died!”

“So what? That’s it?”, asked Twilight Sparkle.

“No, she started haunting all the bathrooms that had in Equestria ...” replied Sunset Shimmer in a frightening way. “... And says that if you pull the discharge three times and look directly into the mirror, you can see her spirit, and you know what happened next?”

Twilight Sparkle shook her head.

“She kills you!”, Sunset Shimmer turned off the lamp.

Twilight Sparkle was scared, it wasn't because the story scared her, but because Sunset Shimmer turned off the lamp light. Not to say she’s afraid of the dark, it’s because she had a hunch that Sunset Shimmer was going to scare her, “Sunset? Where are you?", asked Twilight Sparkle now afraid of being scared.

The lights went on, and Twilight Sparkle saw that her blanket was on top of Sunset Shimmer, “AAAAHHH!”, shouted Twilight Sparkle before fleeing behind the scared bed.

Sunset Shimmer took the blanket from under her before laughing, “you should have seen your face, Twilight”

Twilight Sparkle came out from behind the bed angrily, “Sunset, don't do this to me, that wasn't funny!”

“Sorry, Twilight, I couldn't resist”, apologized Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight Sparkle took the book to see what was the next step, “food”

As if to respond, they smelled delicious food coming from the kitchen, “hmmm, noodles”, said Twilight Sparkle.

“Let’s sit down at the dinner table”, sayTwilight Sparkle to Sunset Shimmer before leaving the room.

Sunset Shimmer followed Twilight Sparkle to the living room, where the table was, they sat in the chairs.

“I see you smelled the food too, right?”, asked Night Light.

“Yes, Dad”, replied Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer had already finished dinner and were back in the room, “what’s next?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight Sparkle looked at the book, “truth or dare”

“Who starts?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

“Me”, replied Twilight Sparkle.

“Do you want to ask or do?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

“I want to do”, replied Twilight Sparkle.

“Truth or dare?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

“True”, replied Twilight Sparkle.

“Is it true that you like the night?”, asked Sunset Shimmer.

“Yes,” replied Twilight Sparkle. “Now me, truth or dare?”

Sunset Shimmer thought, “truth”

“Is it true that you usually stay up late?”, asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Yes,” replied Sunset Shimmer. “And now? What is the next?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at her book, “pillow war”

Sunset Shimmer took a pillow with her magic before playing Twilight Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle took her eyes off the book before starting to throw pillows at Sunset Shimmer. Sunset Shimmer managed to dodge all the pillows that Twilight Sparkle was playing. After a while, they got tired and went to sleep. Twilight Sparkle on her bed and Sunset Shimmer on her sleeping mattress that she brought to sleep.