• ...
0
 35
 2,431

Chapter Two

Everyone flinched a bit after hearing Fluttershy’s rage. They all know she hated Cold Wind a lot, even before adopting Lightning Twister, but this is the first time Shining and Cadence have seen Fluttershy like this.

“I take it Fluttershy doesn’t like that stallion that much?” Cadence asked.

“Not really,” replied Oliver still holding Flurry Heart in his left hoof, “Ever since Lightning got foalnapped by his father at the Grand Galloping Gala, we swore not to mention Cold Wind’s name in front or near Fluttershy.”

“Celestia has told us all about Cold Wind when they’ve said he escaped,” Vincent said, “And we now fear that he could still be after Lightning Twister.”

“So we made sure we’ve hired enough guards to search the whole Crystal Empire day and night to find him,” said Constantine.

“And making sure he doesn’t escape a second time when he’s finally caught,” added Oliver.

“I’m sorry we had to meet again like this,” Cadence apologising, “Flurry Heart was looking forward to seeing you two again.” Oliver and Cadence then looked at Flurry Heart Who was now whimpering because she was worried about Cold Wind hurting Lightning Twister as Twilight walked towards them and looked at her too.

“Oh don’t worry Flurry Heart,” she said as she levitated her right hoof to her niece to let her hug it, “We won’t let that mean Cold Wind hurt Lightning Twister. And we’ll make sure of it.”

“So how are we gonna keep Lightning safe?” Applejack asked, “He could be anywhere if he’s at the Crystal Empire right now or getting close to it.”

“And the castle might be the first place he’ll be searching at,” said Rarity.

“Well he can stay with me at Sunburst’s house,” suggested Starlight, “Me and Sunburst can take care of him while you lot make sure Cold Wind gets found and sent back to prison where he belongs.”

Everycreature smiled at Starlight as they thought that was a good idea.

“That’s a good idea Starlight,” said Fluttershy, “But are you sure Sunburst will be okay with looking after Lightning?”

“I’m sure he will,” Starlight replied, “Besides, he’s good with kids, I mean he did help with Flurry Heart during and after the crystalling, remember?”

“True.”

“So I’m sure he’ll be okay with having Lightning around till Cold Wind is found and arrested.” Starlight smiled at Fluttershy as she smiled at her back.

She then looked underneath her to see Lightning was still shaking and holding his mother’s hoof as she began to nuzzle him on the cheek to calm him down.

“It’s okay sweetheart,” cooed Fluttershy, “Your Auntie Starlight will look after you while we sort out your father and make sure he won’t bother you ever again.”

Lightning nodded and then slowly walked towards his Auntie Starlight as she gently picked him up with her hoof and cradled him close to her for comfort.

“There there sweetie,” she cooed his ear, “You’ll be safe with me, I’ll take care of you.” She then nuzzled his cheek. “Everything’s gonna be fine.”

Fluttershy handed Starlight a bag that contains all of Lightning’s things and his Bendy plushie. “Lightning’s bedtime story and Bendy plushie are in this bag. He is going to need his plushie since you know who is out there again.”

Starlight nodded in understood as she levitated the bag onto her back with her magic and gently placed Lightning back on the ground as Fluttershy gave him a hug and nuzzled him on the cheek.

“Be good for your Auntie Starlight, sweetheart. And once this is all over, we’ll have fun together like we planned.” She then gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Bye Momma,” Lightning said as he and Starlight began to walk to Sunburst’s house while the others followed them but then towards the palace once they get there.

As Starlight and Lightning got near the castle, they turned to the left towards the house that was behind in between two houses and was close to the castle. The others, however, walked onwards to the castle until Fluttershy stopped and watched Starlight and Lightning walk towards Sunburst’s house.

She smiled at the two for a few seconds before her face turned into a worried face. What if Cold Wind finds Lightning at Sunburst’s house and kidnaps him from there while she was in the castle?

“Maybe I should go with those two, just to make sure Lightning’s safe.”

“Don’t worry Flutters,” said Sunset with a smile on her face, “Starlight and Sunburst will take good care of him while we sort out that bad Pegasus.”

Fluttershy looked at Starlight and Lightning walking to Sunburst’s house for a few seconds before turning back to Sunset and nodded her head.

“Yeah, you’re right, Sunset.”

Fluttershy continued her way to the palace as Sunset walked next to her to make sure she doesn’t turn back to join Starlight.

Meanwhile, back at the path to Sunburst’s house, Starlight and Lightning were near the door to his house as Lightning then walked underneath Starlight in shyness as Starlight began to gently rub her nephew’s head.

“Don’t worry sweetheart,” she said to him sweetly, “Sunburst is a nice pony. I’m sure he won’t mind you staying at his place with me while your mother sorts that child abuser out.”

Starlight knocked on the door three times and after a few seconds of waiting, the door opened to reveal Sunburst who was smiling at Starlight who was smiling at him back.

“Starlight!” He said happily, “So good to see you again, come on in!”

He stepped aside to let his friend come into the house as she walked inside with Lightning still hiding underneath her. Sunburst closed the door and the two looked at each other happily.

“So how was the ride?” He asked.

“Pretty boring, but good in all,” Starlight answered, “But it’s still good to see you again, Sunburst.”

“Same here,” said Sunburst, “Been waiting for you ever since I was told that you were coming to visit the Crystal Empire for a few days.” Sunburst then noticed the bag on her back.

“What’s with the small bag?”

“Oh this isn’t my,” she answered, “It belongs to Lightning Twister.”

“Fluttershy’s son?”

Starlight nodded her head. “Fluttershy and the others have to sort out a threat that’s going on that involves Lightning, so I promised Fluttershy I take care of him till the threat is gone.”

“Oh,” said Sunburst, “Oh I’m perfectly okay with that in case you’re worried I’m not. I have an extra room that’s next to my room, he can sleep in there while we sleep in my room.”

Starlight smiled at her friend, she was glad that he was okay with Lightning staying with them while the girls, Spike and Oliver sort out that so called father.

“So where is the little one then if he’s staying with us?”

Starlight looked underneath her as she saw Lightning still being shy and hiding behind her right hoof while hugging it. She then gave him a nuzzle and said,

“It’s okay, honey. Sunburst won’t hurt you, come meet him.”

Lightning then slowly made his way from underneath his Auntie Starlight and stood near Sunburst as Starlight placed a hoof on his shoulder.

“Sunburst, this is my nephew, Lightning Twister.” She then looked at Lightning. “Lightning sweetheart, this is my friend I was talking about, Sunburst.”

Sunburst smiled at Lightning to show that he was friendly and wasn’t going to hurt or scare him. He then kneeled down to make better eye contact with him.

“Hello Lightning Twister,” He said to him, “It’s nice to meet you. Don’t be scared, I’m not gonna hurt you.”

Lightning looked at Sunburst for a few seconds before looking his short beard as he then slowly walked towards it and started doing what he did with Starlight’s mane when they first met, play with it like a cat trying to catch the string. This made Starlight giggle before Sunburst giggled as well, seeing Lightning playing with Sunburst’s beard like a cat was very cute.

Sunburst continued to giggle before saying, “You like playing with my beard like a cat, don’t you?”

Starlight let out another giggle.

“He did the same thing with my mane when we first met. And it’s still cute how he plays with it, even with your beard now.”

Sunburst and Starlight smiled at each other for a few seconds before smiling back at Lightning as he continues to play with Sunburst’s beard.

Author's Note:

I was writing a script for a next episode on my YouTube channel that a friend of mine came up with

That’s why this took long to write