• ...
0
 35
 2,404

Chapter One

It was a beautiful Friday afternoon in Equestria as the friendship express was running along the tracks.

Inside the second coach, the mane eight, Spike, Oliver and Lightning Twister were on their way to visit the Crystal Empire for Lightning’s visit. Even though he’s already been to the Crystal Empire, but only for a short time as they were dropping Amore there after freeing her from Sombra’s hold, this time it’s his very first long visit to it.

Fluttershy was sitting next to her son and Starlight Glimmer while Twilight, Spike and Oliver sat in front of them, Applejack was sitting with Sunset Shimmer and Rarity while Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash sat in front of them.

“Oh I just can’t wait to get to the Crystal Empire,” said Twilight excitedly, “This will be the first time Lightning has ever been to the place and we get to see Amore again.”

“But didn’t Lightning see the Crystal Empire when we saved Amore and brought her back to her old home?” Pinkie asked.

“Yes,” answered Sunset, “But that was only for a short while. He didn’t see much of it since we wanted to get back to what we were doing before the whole Sombra problem started. So this time, it’ll be longer than before.”

“For all I can know is that Flurry Heart is gonna be so excited to see us again,” Oliver said, “You know what she’s like with me and Aunt Twilight everytime we see her.”

“Well that’s just who she is,” said Twilight as she giggled before wrapping a hoof around her nephew, “She enjoys seeing us, giving us hugs and kisses, and of course, chewing our ears.” Oliver chuckled at that last bit since his ears gets chewed on the most by Flurry Heart.

“So what will I see at the Crystal Empire, Momma?” Asked Lightning with interest already.

“Well sweetheart,” began Fluttershy, “There’s a spa like ours in Ponyville but different, Crystal ponies, the Crystal Heart, lovely shops, a snow globe with the palace in them.”

“And a big statue of me in honour of me saving the Crystal Empire,” said Spike proudly as he stood in brave heroic way earning a giggle from the girls and Oliver.

“You saved the Crystal Empire?!” Lightning asked in shock.

“Mmhmm,” answered Spike as he crossed his arms and closed his eyes being proud of himself, “Saved the Crystal Empire twice, all by myself.”

“Oh we're here, darlings!” Rarity said as she saw the station up ahead.

Everypony else looked through the coach window and saw she was right.

“Oh. Right on,” Oliver said happily as he still looked out the window.

The express pulled up to the station and stopped making stream bust out from underneath the train as the coach doors open letting all passengers walk out from them while the mane eight, Spike, Oliver and Lightning were the last ones to leave the coach.

When they were out of the coach, they suddenly heard a baby laugh not far from them at the station.

Twilight and Oliver knew who was laughing as they both smiled and turned to the right and saw Shining Armor, Cadence, Amore, Vincent and Constantine standing a few miles away from them while smiling with Flurry Heart in her wheeler laughing happily at them and reaching out to them as she wants to hug her aunt and big brother.

Cadence saw this and said, “Oh you wanna see your auntie and big brother? Go on.”

Flurry Heart flew out of her wheeler and flew towards the group while they walked towards them as she then gave Twilight and Oliver a big hug.

Twilight and Oliver returned the hug as Oliver let Twilight continue to hug her as she then said, “Aw, how’s my favourite little niece?”

Flurry Heart cooed as Twilight kissed her on the forehead before placing her in Oliver’s left hoof with her magic as she hugged his chest and giggled since she’s happy to see her big brother again.

Shining, Cadence, Amore, Vincent and Constantine walked towards them as the married couple hugged Oliver and Twilight while Amore went over to Fluttershy to give Lightning Twister a hug.

“So good to see you all again,” Shining said before breaking the hug he was giving her sister, “How was the trip?”

“It was okay,” answered Rainbow Dash, “Boring, but okay.”

“And it’s good to see to you all too,” Oliver said, “Even Amore.”

“And I believe Amore’s happy to see Lightning Twister again, look,” said Applejack as she pointed towards her.

Amore was holding Lightning in her forelegs while giving him several kisses before they both laughed as Amore then levitated him with her magic and started blowing raspberries on his belly making laugh more while the others smiled at the sight. Amore then stopped blowing raspberries on his belly and placed him in her forelegs, giving him a soft, warm hug.

As Oliver continued to smile while holding Flurry Heart in his left hoof, he suddenly noticed several royal crystal guards walking across the station searching all around as they were searching for somepony.

“Hey dad,” Oliver began as he levitated Flurry Heart onto his back with his magic before walking over to his father, “Why are the crystal guards walking all over the entire place? Is there something wrong?”

“I’m afraid so son,” Shining replied, “Celestia and Luna came here a few hours ago before you lot arrived. They told us that a pony named Cold Wind has escaped from prison.”

Oliver, Spike and the girls now had shock looks on their faces after hearing that stallion’s name as Lightning then jumped out of Amore’s hooves and ran underneath his mother, hugged her right foreleg and shook in fear.

“Cold Wind?!” Sunset said still in shock as she placed a hoof near her mouth.

Fluttershy’s shock went into anger as she never liked that stallion ever since she found Lightning and hasn’t forgotten all the things he did to her son before she adopted him and during the Grand Galloping Gala night. “That monster of a father?!”

Author's Note:

I was planning on doing another short story where Lightning Twister meets his grandparents, but I just couldn’t think of a good description or good chapter ideas