• Published 20th Mar 2019
  • 714 Views, 36 Comments

The Draconic Showmare - HeartfireFirebrand



It has been four years since Twilight's acension, Spike has moved into his own home where after an acident with Timberwolves he bumps into a former enemy of Twilight's, Trixie Lulamoon.

  • ...
7
 36
 714

Chapter 2: The Magical Houseguest

Trixie was a mess, her mane was filled with twigs and mud. Her coat was covered in mud and she had several cuts across her body. She also had several fierce scars all over her body including a deep gash over right eye. Not to mention she was being chased by Timberwolves. She scowled as she looked around with her left eye “Come on I have been running through this damn forest for hours, where is the damn exit.”

Her horn was bright red and smoking from overuse, she scowled “Why does this always happen to me?” She finally saw light and burst of the Dark Everfree Forest. Unfortunately the Timberwolves followed her out, one of them burst forward and tore into her back leg, Trixie screamed out in pain as she skidded along the ground. She glared at the Timberwolves that surrounded her “Fine, just make it quick.”

Then much to her shock she felt a huge wave of wind as something burst past her from the air. She looked up to see a well muscled purple dragon standing there, he grabbed one of the Timberwolves and incinerated it with his fire. Trixie's vision started to blur.

Trixie woke in a bed and she was in a bed she looked up to see the dragon who saved her frowning “Trixie, why are you here?” Trixie shrunk before him, he sighed “I won’t hurt you I just need to know why.”

Trixie smiled nervously “Um I have just wandering aimlessly for months after Manehatten, nopony wants me around.” She then asked “Um who are you and why did you save me?”

The dragon said “I’m Spike, adopted brother of Princess Twilight and I helped you because I learned from her it’s important for help other regardless of who you are.”

Trixie's eyes widened “I’m near Ponyville…” she tried to scrambled out of bed only to grimace as pain shot through her body.

Spike scowled “Don’t move, you’re hurt really badly.”

Trixie grimaced “I’ve been through worse. Now I need to get out of here before you tell Twilight I’m here, and she lock me in a cell.”

Spike sighed “I will not tell Twilight you were here until are you are well enough to leave this place, you have to recover first.”

Trixie whimpered “But..”

Spike shook his head “No buts Trixie, still I would like to know where you got all those scars, I mean your right eye is milky white, that ain’t something hat happens from normal injuries.”

Trixie sighed “I do owe you for saving me, very well I’ll tell you it began like this…”

***6 months ago***

Trixie was trotting through Manehatten, a green eyed filly with a orange coat approached her amaranth mane sitting firmly on head. The filly asked “Are you Trixie Lulamoon?”

Trixie raised an eyebrow “Yes I am The Great and Powerful Trixie.” The filly scowled and smashed a rock on Trixie's head causing her to drop to the ground.

When she woke she was in a pitch black room, she was tied up in a chair and the filly from earlier. The filly was holding a knife, she cut it though Trixie's leg. Trixie screamed in pain as blood began to flow from the wound, Trixie asked “Why are you doing this, I have done nothing to you.”

The filly frowned “Ya hurt mah cousin Applejack and we of the Apple Family take family very seriously.” She cut wound after wound in Trixie’s body as the unicorn screamed in pain, she then cut a a sharp gash across her right eye. She then untied the bleeding Unicorn and chucked her onto the street.

Trixie groaned as the young filly trotted past her, Trixie gritted her teeth and lifted herself up from the ground. It had been hours and it was dark, Trixie limped across Manehatten until she arrived at the local hospital, she crashed through the door and collapsed, a doctor shouted “Emergency we have a really badly injured pony in need of medical attention!” Trixie woke 4 weeks later with her body covered in bandages.

***Present Day***

Spike frowned “A relative of Applejack attacked you. Hmm I will need to ask about this after your recovery. I will have to go to the library and close it for a couple for weeks while you recover.”

Spike grabbed his bag and then flew towards the library. He put a sign on the door saying closed and then walked into town to grab some supplies for a guest staying in his home. He walked into Ponyville Proper and arrived at Applejack’s stall, Applejack smiled “Ah don’t see ya often how the new home going?”

Spike smiled as he tested a few of her apples “Good, I have a guest in my home and I need to gather some supplies, for her to eat.”

Applejack grinned wickedly “You brought a lady home huh.”

Spike frowned “She was attacked by Timberwolves and needs rest and time to recover.”

Applejack frowned“You have done a good thing for her then, Ah will get you some of mah best apples.”

Spike smiled back as he took out some bits “Thanks Applejack, this will be a great help.”

Applejack shook her head with a smile as she put apples in a bag “Don’t worry about Spike, take care of yourself.”

Spike replied as he bits on the table and left “I will, thanks Applejack.” He gathered extra foodstuffs and walked home.

He put the groceries in the fridge and went to check on Trixie. Trixie immediately asked “Why are you caring for me, I did a lot of bad things to your friends?”

Spike shook his head “You were hurt and I decided to help you, Twilight taught me the importance of forgiveness. Besides the really bad stuff was because of an evil amulet, don’t worry about it. Anyway I’ll go and make dinner, I’ll be back soon.”

Trixie looked around the stone walled room, she was bored, she hated sitting still but she knew she had to recover. About 40 minutes later Spike walked in and she squeaked as he lifted her up with both arms, she blushed slightly as he carried her to the dinner table. He sat her down in front of a simple but beautifully prepared salad of tomato, lettuce and beetroot.

She levitated a fork and took her first bite she smiled ‘Wow, this is the best salad I’ve ever had.”

Spike chuckled “Twilight is good at a lot of things but cooking isn’t one of them. Believe or not she once burnt a sandwich I don’t know how she did it, she was just cutting it in half and it set on fire. The worst part is she isn’t the worst cook in Ponyville, she can at least make juice without setting it on fire.”

Trixie blinked in amazement she had no idea how to respond to that. Spike waved a claw in front of Trixie “Are you okay?”

Trixie shook her head as her brain finally fixed the short circuit “Oh yeah I’m fine, just surprised that’s all.”

Spike smiled “You may one day get used to the town’s crazy antics.”

Trixie sighed “If they don’t try and murder me first.”

Spike smiled as an idea came to him “Maybe after you recover, you be my assistant Librarian under an illusion spell, that way you may gain some of their trust.”

Trixie smiled “Maybe I’ll give a try.” She thought (He is very nice, I am glad to have somepony or in this case I guess drake who is being kind to me for reasons other than fame.)

The pair finished their meal in silence. Spike said “I’m just going to change you bandages.” He went and grabbed the first aid kit, Trixie winced as Spike gently removed the bandages, she saw the bloodied wounds that were certainly going add to her scar count, she started to think she had more scars than fur. Spike then carefully put clean bandages on her.

She smiled “Thanks Spike, I have never had anypony treat me like this before.”

Spike smiled “Your welcome Trixie, now have a good rest.”

Trixie smiled “I will, you too.” Trixie smiled as she descended into the realm of dreams.

Author's Note:

Do you think Spike would throw out an injured mare regardless of who she is?