• Published 20th Mar 2019
  • 713 Views, 36 Comments

The Draconic Showmare - HeartfireFirebrand



It has been four years since Twilight's acension, Spike has moved into his own home where after an acident with Timberwolves he bumps into a former enemy of Twilight's, Trixie Lulamoon.

  • ...
7
 36
 713

Chapter 11: Proposal

Six months had passed, Spike and Trixie’s relationship had been going strong. Trixie awoke with Spike laying next to her, Trixie gave Spike a kiss “I have go out and check if she is here again.”

Trixie exited the building only to see Illusia sitting there with a frown “Are you ready for this?”

Trixie nodded “I am, so let’s go to the Everfree and really throw down.” The two flew over the Everfree and both grinned as seven hands circled Trixie. Soon a massive red beam clashed with an equally massive pink beam before created a massive explosion shaking the very fabric of reality.

Illusia gasped as two blue razor blades began homing in on her, only for a light blue string to pull her into one of them. She gritted her teeth a huge red blast sent her flying, she frowned “You win again, I can never close the gap can I?!”

Trixie shrugged pulling her up “Maybe you can, maybe you can’t but I admire the effort. I’ll see you again next week.” Illusia nodded before flying off. Trixie began to wander around the town, she smiled as ponies who once would have scorned her smiled and waved as if she was just another pony.

Trixie walked to the Golden Oaks Library she smiled as she entered “Spike.”

Spike turned around with a smile as he began placing books on a shelf “Trixie, I’m guessing you beat her again.”

Trixie growled “The fact that Alicorns experimented on her as if she was some kind of tool makes me so made! How could one do such a thing to a foal?!”

Spike grimaced as he climbed down “Quite a few things arrogance, greed or simply a sense of superiority. It’s just like the nobles in Canterlot, all trying to seek power not caring who gets hurt in the process. In fact she needs you, you are helping her heal from the long years of pain and loneliness.”

Trixie raised an eyebrow “By blowing her up repeatedly with lasers, I’m not sure how that helps.”

Spike chuckled “She can heal from that” he then got serious “She has been alone for a long time from what I can tell and you are the only friendly interaction she’s gotten from anypony.”

Trixie frowned “That must be harsh.”

Spike nodded “Exactly but you are helping her heal slowly.” He took a deep breath as he walked over to the table and grabbed a small black box, he smiled a she approached her “I know this may be a bit soon but I can’t think of a better time” he got down on one knee as he opened a small black box to reveal a simple gold ring with a glowing violet gem on it “Will you marry me?”

Trixie eyes widened before squealed as she pushed him over “Of course I do!” He grinned as she gave him a big kiss, he carefully placed the ring on her horn.

Trixie smiled as she got off her fiance with a smile “So, should we start planning?”

Spike frowned “I’ve got to finish up work today but we can plan when I get home.”

Trixie nodded “Fair enough” she then smiled “I better visit Rarity, she may want to make my wedding dress.”

Spike sighed “Tell her I said hi, and inform her that I wish to speak with her again. I’m sick of her hiding from me, we were friends once and I want that back.”

Trixie frowned “I understand I’ll mention it as well.” Trixie left with a slight bounce to her step as she headed towards the Carousel Boutique, she entered the building to see Rarity sowing a dress.

Rarity smiled weakly “Trixie, what are you doing here?”

Trixie cheered exictedly “Me and Spike are engaged, I was hoping you would make my wedding dress!”

Rarity smiled “Actually there is something I want to show you.” Trixie followed Rarity into the back room to see a beautiful blue dress covered in shimmering white stars “I have been working on this for a few months now, this is your wedding dress. Do you like it?”

Trixie gave Rarity a massive hug “I love it, thank you so much. I’m just curious have you got anything for Spike, he want you to be his friend again.”

Rarity sighed “I’ll have something ready for him, I just hope he can forgive me for being such a terrible pony.”

Trixie lightened her grip softly “Spike will forgive you, he forgave me and I did far worse trust me.” Rarity began to sob on Trixie’s shoulder, Trixie lightly patted on the back with a hoof “Let it out, it will be alright.”

After a couple of hours of comforting the unicorn, Trixie and Rarity let go of each other. Rarity smiled weakly “I’m sorry I kept you so long.”

Trixie shook her head before giving Rarity a warm smile “It’s fine, that’s what friends are for. If you ever need to get something off you chest just ask me. I must get going wish you a good night.”

Trixie left with a smile, she returned to Spike’s home to see him sitting there with dinner. Trixie sat down “So, Spike do you know who is to your best stallion?”

Spike frowned “Well I don’t know many stallions, I might go with Discord actually.”

Trixie nodded “I don’t mind. I was thinking Rarity should be my best mare, she needs something right now and I think it would help her. Besides we have been getting to know each other quite well.”

Spike after swallowing his food asked “So who should be the flower filly?’

Trixie smiled “Illusia should take that role, she really needs more support than what she has currently.” Spike nodded with a smile as they continued discussing their wedding plans over dinner.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.