• Published 21st Mar 2019
  • 376 Views, 7 Comments

A New World of Gods and Monsters - Fanfic27

  • ...
 7
 376

Prologue

"Hello readers, I am the Narrator of these stories, and that is who I want to call me, at least for now." The mysterious voice said

"What stories you may ask? Well the stories of Gods and Monsters of course. I'm sure all of you horror fans remember this famous line said by Dr. Pretorius in the film "Bride of Frankenstein". Sure in your world monsters are nothing, but fiction and are used for entertainment. But during these stories that you are about to read you may begin to question what is real and what is fake. You're wonder why I'm telling you this why it's because in this reality those monsters that you call "Universal Monsters" are very real and very different than the way that they were depicted on screen. Sure there will be some things that the movies may get right about them, but there are more differences than there are similarities. I'm afraid I can't tell you what those differences will be, but I can assure you that you will be highly entertain by these stories."

"As i said before you will begin to question what is real and what is fake. As Professor Abraham Van Helsing once said "I may be able to bring you proof, that the superstition of yesterday can become the scientific reality of today". So the way that I'm going to show you how these monsters may very well exist in your own world is by retelling the classic monster movies that you all love and telling them in a way that will keep you up at night questioning your knowledge about the world you live in. One more thing during these stories there will be three intermissions where I will tell you documented stories of these monsters. Some of the stories will be old and some more recent that you think."

"There is a two things that you must know before reading. One is that we will delve deeper into the quote "Of Gods and Monsters" and see what that really means. The other thing is that you must be able to read this with an open mind and be able to question everything in these stories. Every line, every word, and of course the mythology that will be expanded upon each story that I tell."

"There is another thing that you must understand about these stories and this series. There will be no references to other monsters or events in each story unless it's important to the story. And there will be no "post credits scenes" or bonus chapters for these stories as are pointless and will contribute nothing to these stories as far as advancing the story or it's characters."

"There is one more thing that I must tell you before we begin, once you start reading there is no turning back, right here is the last chance you have to walk away from this story. Because once we start there is no escape and the more stories we get into the more you will question reality."

---------------------------------------------------------------Read Ahead at your own risk--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I feel sorry for those who didn't think their mind wasn't strong enough to question reality. But for you readers who's minds are strong enough I welcome you. And now for your first story and I'm sure you can guess what it is based off of this old poem:

"Even a man who is pure in heart
And says his prayers by night
May become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
And the autumn moon is bright"

"That's right the first story that will be told will be based off of The Wolf Man. The role was originally portrayed by Lon Chaney, Jr. The poem that was used above may have been used in the Wolf Man movies a lot and seemed like a throwaway line in those movies, but in this story it will mean something. Now in the films the Wolf Man was exactly that a male, but in this story the pony the gets the curse is female. Who is it you may wonder, well you're just gonna have to read to find out. Ladies and gentlemen I give you:


"THE WOLF MARE"

Author's Note:

Thank you for those who have found this story and I need to say this, I know I have been not uploading new chapters to stories that I currently have or starting a story and not finishing it. The reason behind all of that is that I've spent the last two years working on outlining this series of stories. This has been a passion project of mine and now only about a week ago is when I was sure that it was time to start writing this story on this site.

I started outlining these stories back when Universal announced their "Dark Universe", but when they pulled the plug on it. I was saddened by the news, but I continued to work on this along with other stories that I have posted over the years. During those two years I have written many different outlines and had to scrap most of them, but last summer I finally started on a draft of an outline that I was proud of and just a month ago finished it. Now I'm ready to share this with you all.

I am currently in the writing process of The Wolf Mare, but you are able to read the prologue to the story right now. I highly recommend that you read it as it will give you a better understanding of what this story will be. I hope to have the first part of it out by mid- April. So that's another thing, I will only be posting chapters that I think are complete and enjoyable. So that means I'll be taking my time with it and not rushing anything. So again thank you and stay tune because there will be a lot of surprises in these stories to look forward to.