• Published 1st Sep 2012
  • 5,753 Views, 106 Comments

"Loyalty" Begins With an L - shortskirtsandexplosions



Something is eating at Rainbow Dash, and she needs to find the right pony to share it with

  • ...
20
 106
 5,753

i

When the colt saw the brand new quartet of roller skates, he gasped, his little eyes as wide as saucers. He hopped in place and squeaked with joy before leaning up to hug his mother. The chuckling mare squatted down and held him close, nuzzling his cheek warmly as she relished her foal's ecstasy. A few kindly words were exchanged, and side-by-side the mother and son trotted home happily from the Ponyville marketplace. The colt galloped slightly beyond his parent's gait, motioning for her to trot faster, for he was eager to try on the brand new skates.

High above, on the roof of Ponyville's town hall, Rainbow Dash watched silently with a blank expression. Her ruby eyes followed the sight of the loving mother and son. A sigh escaped her lips.

"Uhm... Rainbow Dash? Did you hear us?"

Rainbow Dash slowly turned around. "Hmmm?"

Raindrops, Thunderlane, and Blossomforth were hovering behind her with tiny black thunderclouds in their separate grasps.

"Where should we take these? It's already midday. Aren't we supposed to be spreading rain across the village?"

"Of course we are!" Rainbow Dash said, her wings flexing as she produced a swift, authoritarian frown. "The Weather Commission would never forgive us for slacking on the job!" She pointed at Raindrops. "You. Go and release precipitation over the park on the east side of town. Thunderlane? Blossomforth? Think the two of you can stop flirting just long enough to cover the central flower gardens?"

"Uhhh... Uhhh..." Thunderlane blushed furiously.

Blossomforth smacked him lightly with her tail and smiled Rainbow Dash's way. "Of course we can, Rainbow Dash."

"Good. Get to it," Rainbow said, clutching her own cloud. "I want every flower properly watered, do you copy? There'd better not be a single wilting bud like there was last time!"

"We'll get right on it."

"See that you do! Ponyville needs us in order to stay beautiful. Now get moving!"

"Aye, sir!" Thunderlane gave a salute, smirked, and rocketed westward with his cloud. Blossomforth swiftly followed him while Raindrops bolted in the opposite direction.

Rainbow Dash grasped her thundercloud. She paused suddenly, her wings twitching. She glanced over her shoulder and stared at the sight of Thunderlane as he flew away. Her jaw fidgeted, as if she was trying to pronounce something without opening her mouth. She gave forth a sigh, identical to the one that had sounded from her lips earlier. With the dark cloud in her grasp, she flew for the opposite end of town.